Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
spectra7045

Post by spectra7045 »

Just heard from SCL my anticipated delivery date has now moved from end June to 25th September although he did say I did not yet have a build week
ID3 Family pro performance Glacier white
East Derry wheels.
Ordered From Select Car Leasing 26th November
Order Number 31567XXX
Latest Anticipated Delivery Date 17th April 2023 tho no build week
EO Mini Pro 2 fitted in March
Cancelled

timmus

Post by timmus »

Just had an update from the dealer and mine now week 47 (can add order number 3155 *** in case useful for spreadsheet)

He did mention that the build week for a number of their cars jumped forward in the last few days - one apparently improved by around 20 weeks or so. Whether a positive spin or not who knows... quite good salesmanship in there, as amongst the good news on the horizon message was my build week now showing as 47 rather than 44! He suggested he might have better news in the next week or so.
Deleted User 1676

Post by Deleted User 1676 »

Monthly video update from our dealer has arrived. She says that we’re now moving to build week 20. We’re four months into our wait time, so this is encouraging.

I have booked another test drive for tomorrow to see if I still feel the same about the ID.3. Im very tempted by the PoleStar at the moment…
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

Voodubber wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:30 pm Monthly video update from our dealer has arrived. She says that we’re now moving to build week 20. We’re four months into our wait time, so this is encouraging.

I have booked another test drive for tomorrow to see if I still feel the same about the ID.3. Im very tempted by the PoleStar at the moment…
Do you have an order number? Same day order buddies! But I have no build week at all :(
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!
jimbaxter

Post by jimbaxter »

Hi Utumno,

Your spreadsheet and this thread have been really useful though also depressing :D

I wanted to add my order if it is useful.

I leased an ID3 Family Performance Pro from GoGreenLeasing on 13th January 2022 but I do not have a VW order number. MY22
The lease company last got an update on the 16th February that the car would arrive at the dealership on 30/05/2022, though I assume that will move into the future at some point :D

It currently does not have a build week.

Is this enough information?

Thanks,
Jim
13th Jan: Ordered ID3 Family Pro Performance in Moonstone Grey.
Order #315109xx
ETA 01/2023 (Car part of pre-orders from Oct 2021)

Last update 19th Aug: Build Week 49/2022
ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

jimbaxter wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:39 pm Hi Utumno,

Your spreadsheet and this thread have been really useful though also depressing :D

I leased an ID3 Family Performance Pro from GoGreenLeasing on 13th January 2022 but I do not have a VW order number. MY22
The lease company last got an update on the 16th February that the car would arrive at the dealership on 30/05/2022, though I assume that will move into the future at some point :D

Thanks,
Jim
Welcome! Did leasing company say it would be MY22? With a Jan order date I'd expect it to be MY22.5 unless you've picked up someone's cancelled order.
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

Hemming91 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:43 pm Welcome! Did leasing company say it would be MY22? With a Jan order date I'd expect it to be MY22.5 unless you've picked up someone's cancelled order.
It's been pointed out that MY says 22 in the VW screenshots even for 22.5 as there is a "Version: 2" elsewhere on the page. Could be easy to read it wrong.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
furtive

Post by furtive »

rikimaru wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:13 pm
SunithM wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:29 pm A positive update and maybe some good news for others waiting on a tour or max. My dealer called and told me the Max I ordered and then cancelled has left the factory and is on its way to the UK. Gave me the option to retake my order, but I think I'll be sticking with my Polestar order
Hang on, was it build week 46? How is that on its way and mine at BW 40 still hasn’t left the factory haha

Not bitter, just confused!
Good to see a Max order finally moving. Hopefully that means ours will be on the way soon as well!
ID.3 Max in Ivory White
Hypervolt charger
jimbaxter

Post by jimbaxter »

Hemming91 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:43 pm
jimbaxter wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:39 pm Hi Utumno,

Thanks,
Jim
Welcome! Did leasing company say it would be MY22? With a Jan order date I'd expect it to be MY22.5 unless you've picked up someone's cancelled order.
I have asked and they said it was MY22.
They said it was a batch of pre-ordered cars which qualify under the old Grant scheme of £35K, so I guess that is November/December.
13th Jan: Ordered ID3 Family Pro Performance in Moonstone Grey.
Order #315109xx
ETA 01/2023 (Car part of pre-orders from Oct 2021)

Last update 19th Aug: Build Week 49/2022
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Thanks all for the updates, all now on the spreddy...
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Turn-up for the books, I get two updates in two days from our dealership :
I have spoken to Volkswagen UK regarding our overdue batch of ID3’s, one of which is yours.

They advise that they are aware of the situation and that they are speaking with the factory. They have been advised by the factory that these cars should move soon but they cannot give a specific timeframe.
Perhaps the week 40 club is getting some love; I certainly kicked up a polite stink when I popped into the dealership on Monday.

Maybe I should open a book on what VW think "soon" means....
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Grumps

Post by Grumps »

Tried to jump ship today, but mugged off by another dealer. Guess I'm destined to wait for my Tour. Early in the week but having a couple of beers tonight. Might not cure blood pressure, but feels good. 😣
ID.3 Tour pro S 77 kwh Scale Silver

Ordered 15 Aug 2021
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

Good to hear at least the appearance of progress for you Utumno if not progress itself.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

AyupItsLeigh

Post by AyupItsLeigh »

Garyb 123 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:24 pm Just had an email from my dealer saying the car is built and awaiting transport from the factory. No status code given and they have never responded to this when asked for some reason but at least the damn thing is built (allegedly)
How long is the norm for transport anyone?
Our car changed to status 30 (in transit from factory) on 31st January, and then to status 38 (released to shipping) three weeks later.
I was told that there are some delays at the moment, but that the dealership should have it within the next two weeks - so it'll be roughly five weeks for us (hopefully) from leaving the factory to collecting it...
Family Pro Performance - Turquoise - East Derry Alloys
Inchcape Stockport - 31361xxx - Build Week 40
Ordered: 16/07/2021 - Left factory: 31/01/2022 - Shipped: 21/02/2022 - UK: 21/03/2022 - Dealer: 29/03/2022 - Collected: 31/03/2022
Bonnet Referral: REEDX
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

AyupItsLeigh wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:58 am
Garyb 123 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:24 pm Just had an email from my dealer saying the car is built and awaiting transport from the factory. No status code given and they have never responded to this when asked for some reason but at least the damn thing is built (allegedly)
How long is the norm for transport anyone?
Our car changed to status 30 (in transit from factory) on 31st January, and then to status 38 (released to shipping) three weeks later.
I was told that there are some delays at the moment, but that the dealership should have it within the next two weeks - so it'll be roughly five weeks for us (hopefully) from leaving the factory to collecting it...
It was 5.5 weeks for us from status 30 to delivery, over half of which period was while it was in the UK, although that included the Christmas period and might have been delayed by Omicron absences too. Seems to vary quite a bit.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
aniketsantani

Post by aniketsantani »

Grumps wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:45 pm Tried to jump ship today, but mugged off by another dealer. Guess I'm destined to wait for my Tour. Early in the week but having a couple of beers tonight. Might not cure blood pressure, but feels good. 😣
Mugged how if I may ask? I am trying to get alternative deals and may have found something, just want yo be cautious before I cancel my order.
duncsand

Post by duncsand »

I ordered a Family Pro Performance at the end of September. Latest update from the dealer yesterday:

"Today your order isn’t showing an estimated unconfirmed build week for its production at the factory... Frustratingly the lead times have gone back, so you are aware looking at the latest VW UK supply information they are currently listing the lead time from time of order for ID.3 model you have ordered as 50 week plus."

I take that as him gently warming me up to the idea it might be 6+ months away... which is a lot different to the 21 weeks I was told when I ordered. But this is also just a guess from the dealer - it's clear he has no information at all. This reflects very badly on VW. I understand delays due to events out of their hands, but I do expect VW to provide some level of clarity about the likely lead time. I find it hard to believe they are in such chaos that they genuinely have no idea when they will build a car that was ordered 5 months ago.
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, build week 25, confirmed built 1st July, collected from dealer 20th July.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

duncsand wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:18 amI find it hard to believe they are in such chaos that they genuinely have no idea when they will build a car that was ordered 5 months ago.

They have no idea when cars that started being built on the 4th October 2021 will leave the factory, let alone knowing when they might start to build yours.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

bluewaters905

Post by bluewaters905 »

Update from my leasing company - still no confirmed build date, "the latest date we have 12th May but we will may know more once we have an actual build date". Deciphering their emails is as much of a challenge as getting information out of them...

As I suspected, all the dates they've been providing me have been complete guesses, they're still guessing and I can probably get a better idea from Utumno's spreadsheet...
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Grumps wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:45 pm Tried to jump ship today, but mugged off by another dealer. Guess I'm destined to wait for my Tour. Early in the week but having a couple of beers tonight. Might not cure blood pressure, but feels good. 😣
Jump ship to another manufacturer, or to another VW dealer?
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten