Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Grumps

Post by Grumps »

Hi Bubba82

That sucks.

But the first email I got , was from sales manager. So don't think lack of communication. Sales guy was apologising for his boss by trying to take blame. Once bitten twice shy. Wont be using that particular dealership again even different branches with different franchises.

More youtube vids today, still trying to remind myself why I chose id3.
ID.3 Tour pro S 77 kwh Scale Silver

Ordered 15 Aug 2021

Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Grumps wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:46 pm Hi Bubba82

That sucks.

But the first email I got , was from sales manager. So don't think lack of communication. Sales guy was apologising for his boss by trying to take blame. Once bitten twice shy. Wont be using that particular dealership again even different branches with different franchises.

More youtube vids today, still trying to remind myself why I chose id3.
I ordered a max pro 5 days after you and it's youtube vids on the id3 that is keeping me going and saving me from cancelling. Extended my car insurance for the second time, so hopefully I'll have the car by the first of June or I'll have to extend again.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
365allthetime

Post by 365allthetime »

sidehaas wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:50 pm
365allthetime wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:37 pm
ag-indie wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:12 am

That’s unbelievable isn’t it, ordered 6 month ago & no build week! What’s going on??
Yeah complete joke really….although can’t be sure fleet are telling the full tale either 😂. Not really chasing either, will arrive when it arrives I suppose. Just hope the charger installed actually works. Probably be out of guarantee by the time it’s tested!

Will just keep banking car allowance till car arrives…..by which time the escalating cost of living and electricity coupled with loss of allowance may leave it non viable and I politely decline it 😂
It's worth getting your charger tested sooner if you know anyone nearby with an EV. When I finally got my ID3 it only charged at 4kW and it eventually transpired the installer had failed to install the CT clamp properly so the charger was constantly load limiting. To be fair to the installer they came out next day once I reported the problem to them and fixed it that day (Octupus were also helpful.) However it was 4 months after the install and I'm sure some firms would not be so helpful.
I’m already 3 months post install. From memory it was back end of November. Don’t know anyone with an EV to even test it either ha
Grumps

Post by Grumps »

My charger has been in place 4 months. Not used. My brother coming to visit at weekend in his eqc. Hope it works.
ID.3 Tour pro S 77 kwh Scale Silver

Ordered 15 Aug 2021
AyupItsLeigh

Post by AyupItsLeigh »

365allthetime wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:31 am
365allthetime wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:37 pm

Yeah complete joke really….although can’t be sure fleet are telling the full tale either 😂. Not really chasing either, will arrive when it arrives I suppose. Just hope the charger installed actually works. Probably be out of guarantee by the time it’s tested!

Will just keep banking car allowance till car arrives…..by which time the escalating cost of living and electricity coupled with loss of allowance may leave it non viable and I politely decline it 😂
It's worth getting your charger tested sooner if you know anyone nearby with an EV. When I finally got my ID3 it only charged at 4kW and it eventually transpired the installer had failed to install the CT clamp properly so the charger was constantly load limiting. To be fair to the installer they came out next day once I reported the problem to them and fixed it that day (Octupus were also helpful.) However it was 4 months after the install and I'm sure some firms would not be so helpful.
I’m already 3 months post install. From memory it was back end of November. Don’t know anyone with an EV to even test it either ha
When we originally ordered our ID.3 in late April last year (Life Pro Performance), we were given the impression that they may have the car we wanted in stock (that turned out to be false) so we rushed to get our charger installed by mid-May.
After finding out they didn't have one in stock after all, we updated our order when the Family trim was dropped to within the government grant (in July) - subsequently, we've had our charger for over nine months now and it's never been tested.!! :roll:
Family Pro Performance - Turquoise - East Derry Alloys
Inchcape Stockport - 31361xxx - Build Week 40
Ordered: 16/07/2021 - Left factory: 31/01/2022 - Shipped: 21/02/2022 - UK: 21/03/2022 - Dealer: 29/03/2022 - Collected: 31/03/2022
Bonnet Referral: REEDX
Deleted User 1676

Post by Deleted User 1676 »

Grumps wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:46 pm More youtube vids today, still trying to remind myself why I chose id3.
I needed to be reminded why I paid a deposit for an open ended wait list, so I booked another test drive and took a Life Pro for a couple of hours yesterday.

My stepfather is a proper petrolhead who has strong arguments against EVs, and a lot of our conversations about them end up with him getting very cross about the whole idea of being forced to use them in the years to come, and not being able to charge them in the terraced street he lives in. Right or wrong, and I don’t want to open that up for here, it’s not what the thread is for, his opinions are his opinions, and it’s hard to counter them when he gets going.

I picked up the ID.3 and swing by unannounced yesterday and took him for a drive. His first reaction was reserved- he stuck his head in and had a ‘quick look’ but “we’re just about to have breakfast”.

A couple of seconds in, he was sitting in the car, and wanted to see what the fuss was about. We hit traffic, and the car was great for that, but I also got to open her up a bit and he could see the response from the motor.

I need to get a verdict from him, I didn’t ask when I dropped him off, he will need to process it all. I think he was impressed though. Certainly, my couple of hours with the car has reinforced my resolve to wait it out and get mine. I feel like I’m doing the right thing, and the car was a lot of fun.

Interestingly, HelloID performed flawlessly when we used it - if my wife or son wanted to know how to operate something, the roof shade, for example, they were just telling the car to do it and it worked really well.

I’d recommend getting another test drive in a quiet day, and see if that gets you excited again.
365allthetime

Post by 365allthetime »

AyupItsLeigh wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:09 am
When we originally ordered our ID.3 in late April last year (Life Pro Performance), we were given the impression that they may have the car we wanted in stock (that turned out to be false) so we rushed to get our charger installed by mid-May.
After finding out they didn't have one in stock after all, we updated our order when the Family trim was dropped to within the government grant (in July) - subsequently, we've had our charger for over nine months now and it's never been tested.!! :roll:
Jesus! Beats mine by a distance. Ridiculous isn’t it
Iang1985

Post by Iang1985 »

Similar issues with chargers. Initially told an Oct deliver ly date. Managed to get it in. Had to get permission from DNO to install it, as we are looped supply. Got temp permission while awaiting DNO to unloop us as long as it had a load baring system on it.

Hoping to get the car in a few weeks now. It is currently a race between Scottish power energy and VW as to what gets done first. Not so much the tortoise and the hare, more the tortoise Vs tortoise.
AyupItsLeigh

Post by AyupItsLeigh »

365allthetime wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:49 am
AyupItsLeigh wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:09 am

Jesus! Beats mine by a distance. Ridiculous isn’t it
:lol: :lol:
Ordered: 16/07/2021 - Left factory: 31/01/2022 - Shipped: 21/02/2022 - UK: 21/03/2022 - Dealer: 29/03/2022 - Collected: 31/03/2022
AyupItsLeigh

Post by AyupItsLeigh »

Voodubber wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:53 am
Grumps wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:46 pm More youtube vids today, still trying to remind myself why I chose id3.
I needed to be reminded why I paid a deposit for an open ended wait list, so I booked another test drive and took a Life Pro for a couple of hours yesterday.

My stepfather is a proper petrolhead who has strong arguments against EVs, and a lot of our conversations about them end up with him getting very cross about the whole idea of being forced to use them in the years to come, and not being able to charge them in the terraced street he lives in. Right or wrong, and I don’t want to open that up for here, it’s not what the thread is for, his opinions are his opinions, and it’s hard to counter them when he gets going.

I picked up the ID.3 and swing by unannounced yesterday and took him for a drive. His first reaction was reserved- he stuck his head in and had a ‘quick look’ but “we’re just about to have breakfast”.

A couple of seconds in, he was sitting in the car, and wanted to see what the fuss was about. We hit traffic, and the car was great for that, but I also got to open her up a bit and he could see the response from the motor.

I need to get a verdict from him, I didn’t ask when I dropped him off, he will need to process it all. I think he was impressed though. Certainly, my couple of hours with the car has reinforced my resolve to wait it out and get mine. I feel like I’m doing the right thing, and the car was a lot of fun.

Interestingly, HelloID performed flawlessly when we used it - if my wife or son wanted to know how to operate something, the roof shade, for example, they were just telling the car to do it and it worked really well.

I’d recommend getting another test drive in a quiet day, and see if that gets you excited again.
Excellent... be interested to know what his thoughts are once he's dwelt on it...
CG38

Post by CG38 »

Iang1985 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:55 am Similar issues with chargers. Initially told an Oct deliver ly date. Managed to get it in. Had to get permission from DNO to install it, as we are looped supply. Got temp permission while awaiting DNO to unloop us as long as it had a load baring system on it.

Hoping to get the car in a few weeks now. It is currently a race between Scottish power energy and VW as to what gets done first. Not so much the tortoise and the hare, more the tortoise Vs tortoise.
Hey Lang - do you mind if I ask where in the country you are roughly? My DNO is Scottish Power (based in Scotland) and they are refusing to give permission until I have been unlooped. Won't get the initial survey until next week, and then looking at April/May before the work is done, so I'll miss out on the OZEV grant (even though I applied for the charger back in November). Being able to challenge them back with a "customer in xyz location" is able to get an installation in the mean time, might help get me permission.
Family Pro - East Derry Wheels.
Collected 16/01/23
CG38

Post by CG38 »

Been lurking for a while, so might as well add my details.

Ordered Family Pro in moonstone with east Derry alloys - 1st Nov 2021.
Dealer is Johnsons Fleet Services through Leaseplan.
No order number - initial info from Leaseplan was that Johnsons would receive the car on 6th May, but recent chasing of Johnsons has told me that there is no allocated build week yet, so who knows?
Collected 16/01/23
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

CG38 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:01 pm Been lurking for a while, so might as well add my details.

No order number - initial info from Leaseplan was that Johnsons would receive the car on 6th May, but recent chasing of Johnsons has told me that there is no allocated build week yet, so who knows?
You’ll be lucky to get it this year, unless they’ve pre ordered some stock.
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
CG38

Post by CG38 »

ag-indie wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:21 pm
CG38 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:01 pm Been lurking for a while, so might as well add my details.

You’ll be lucky to get it this year, unless they’ve pre ordered some stock.
Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. Sold my last car early thinking it would only be a few months wait.

I don't mind the waiting part, but what is frustrating is that they can't give a decent date for it, so I can make some other arrangements in the mean time.
Collected 16/01/23
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

Funny feeling at some point us Family spec orders from a certain date onwards (there are an awful lot of Family orders on the spreadsheet, by far the most popular model) are going to be contacted and told the order cannot be fulfilled and to either cancel, or change to a 'New Life' model. VW have done this for a reason - you can still order all models of other ID variants? Strange.
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

Yes, trying to plan a way ahead while waiting is proving to be quite a problem. When I ordered on October 9th, I was expecting to have the car 'within 26 weeks'. With that in mind, that all worked out well with my present car, and I would have been able to have disposed of it without having to service it, get an MOT and new tyres - not a deal breaker as such, but an inconvenient extra expense. I had also hoped to capitalise on the relatively high value of the car at present, and by the time my id3 is delivered, which may now not be until after Christmas, values may have dropped.

But you're right, it's the uncertainty which is hard to plan for.
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

Uphamid3 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:44 pm without having to service it, get an MOT and new tyres
To give credit to my dealer, the trade-in on my 11-year-old Corsa could be crept up by a hundred quid on Motorway, but he said don't worry about servicing it just deliver it road legal.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
Iang1985

Post by Iang1985 »

CG38 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:59 am
Iang1985 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:55 am Similar issues with chargers. Initially told an Oct deliver ly date. Managed to get it in. Had to get permission from DNO to install it, as we are looped supply. Got temp permission while awaiting DNO to unloop us as long as it had a load baring system on it.

Hey Lang - do you mind if I ask where in the country you are roughly? My DNO is Scottish Power (based in Scotland) and they are refusing to give permission until I have been unlooped. Won't get the initial survey until next week, and then looking at April/May before the work is done, so I'll miss out on the OZEV grant (even though I applied for the charger back in November). Being able to challenge them back with a "customer in xyz location" is able to get an installation in the mean time, might help get me permission.
I am based in Scotland, also Scottish power as DNO.

Not sure it helps but could only get permission as the charger I got specifically had load management capability on it (not sure if that's standard).

Yeah timeline for unlooping isn't quick with Scottish power. Seen other dno's do it in weeks. I started this process in August/sept timescale. Baring in mind this is a very simple unloop. Had 3 surveys so far. only need them to run a cable about 10m from the road.

Awaiting permission from the council (fife).
CG38

Post by CG38 »

Iang1985 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:22 pm
CG38 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:59 am

I am based in Scotland, also Scottish power as DNO.

Not sure it helps but could only get permission as the charger I got specifically had load management capability on it (not sure if that's standard).

Yeah timeline for unlooping isn't quick with Scottish power. Seen other dno's do it in weeks. I started this process in August/sept timescale. Baring in mind this is a very simple unloop. Had 3 surveys so far. only need them to run a cable about 10m from the road.

Awaiting permission from the council (fife).
Thanks for this - it's really helpful. I'm off to email Scottish Power now to see if they'll allow, using your example.
Collected 16/01/23
aniketsantani

Post by aniketsantani »

Finally got order number for my order that I placed yesterday for a Max. Its a cancelled order I picked up. It is 31400xxx. Dealer is quite sure it is April/May delivery. I am equally skeptical. Supplier said that it is in build but delayed due to shortage of chips. As s if I didn't know that 😂..

So here's another entry for the spreadsheet - Max ID3, Order number 31400xxx, Promised delivery May 2022, Don't have any other details.