Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Grumps

Post by Grumps »

andrewparker wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:40 pm Happy days, my Polestar 2 gets delivered on Monday :)
Congrats, wish I could afford one. Enjoyed watching its performance on top gear.
ID.3 Tour pro S 77 kwh Scale Silver

Ordered 15 Aug 2021

aniketsantani

Post by aniketsantani »

furtive wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:33 pm
Braddad9 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:40 am
aniketsantani wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:01 am

I hope they are brothers and not the same car sold to 2 of us 😂.. Who is the dealer?
Imagine… haha!

I am leasing through Plan (GB) Ltd. Colour is scale silver.
Interesting. Mine (ordered by me in December) is also with Plan and also a 314009xx order number. I've just emailed them asking for an update.

When I ordered mine they told me they had 2 x white and 2 x silver cars available. And Rikimaru also has one on order with them. It would be interesting to know a bit more for your order numbers (I've added another digit of mine in this post)

Have any of you received any paperwork from Plan other than their website saying that the car has been ordered and finance approved? My charger installer has just emailed me asking for more information so that they can apply for the government grant.
Hey, I looked at your entry in the spreadsheet and was planning to get in touch.

I called Plan today and I was told that they are all different cars, so its coincidence and appeal of this forum, that we all landed up here discussing delivery times :D.

I haven't got much of the paper work yet. But since I had another order before I placed this one, I was able to get charger etc. sorted. The update I got from Plan today was same as you that the car is 90% built just waiting for some components - most likely central console.

My order number with additional digit is same: 314009xx and it is a silver car.
furtive

Post by furtive »

Hemming91 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:52 pm
furtive wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:49 pm
Hemming91 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:37 pm

Rikimaru is in the week 40 club, would assume yours would be roughly similar too. Have you asked them for build weeks etc?
That's week 40 2021 and not 2022....

The lease company told me that "the cars went into build at the start of November. We have production codes and everything the vehicle is just held at the factory currently as mentioned awaiting final components."
Seems like the same story as the rest of the week 40 gang! Hopefully it turns up soon for you
Response from the lease company when asked if March delivery is still viable: "Realistically I think your car will be delivered April / May" but to be honest, he probably has not got a clue when it will be delivered
ID.3 Max in Ivory White
Hypervolt charger
FOSOT

Post by FOSOT »

Utumno.

Here goes, this is what I know of my order for your data base:-

last update 27 Jan Marshalls (Horsham) 31568*** ID3 Family Pro Order Date Nov 26 2021 requested date May 22 Order status still 00.

Thanks for adding to your spread sheet.
pds107

Post by pds107 »

Ordered via VW Manchester in early August 2021 for a pro performance 58kwh Family with East Derry wheels in Glacier white. It was an existing order so estimated production week 37 2021which was then subsequently confirmed production week 40 2021.

Dealer informed us on 29th November that car was on way to them and should be with them in next couple of weeks. By early January no update, so phoned dealer who looked into situation and then confirmed car was back at factory for rework.

Spoke to VW customer services late January and issue then escalated to exec office. Informed by exec office in early February that problem was now resolved and car had software update on 3rd February and would then have expedited shipping. Exec office even mentioned to tell dealer to hold onto car to ensure 22 reg. Dealer last week still couldn’t see any movement and I spoke to customer services again today. Latest update is that the car is still in re-work which means that it has been there for 3 months and I had been given incorrect information previously by the exec office. Case escalated again and now await call within 48 hours.

VW information and customer services has been shocking to say the least. Dealer has been excellent with weekly updates but the brand support team at VW give them little to no information. What is even more frustrating is that when you speak to customer services they try and refer you to the dealer - I have explained to them now numerous times that I am having to call as VW brand support aren’t updating the dealer or answering their questions. Also customer services agent admitted they have information that dealers can’t see. They hide behind the dealers or just mention the standard it’s due to chip shortages.

We sold the car that the ID3 will replace in mid December following the update that we should get the car imminently. Immensely frustrating that VW have now misled us on 2 occasions about the car getting to us and now seemingly aren’t willing to take ownership to resolve the problem.

Appreciate many others are in the same position but wanted to express my frustration at the situation.
GDC

Post by GDC »

Another ‘nothing’ update from lease company.

“Still no change on your order from the last update we sent over im afraid. I’m told by the Dealership that they check daily and will let me know when we have some movement.
Until then it’s the same as last time sorry.”
Albertlondon

Post by Albertlondon »

My three week run of no news is good news ended today. Email from Octane saying that car will be with the dealer on the 11th April, so another month (at least) to wait 😔
Max Pro Performance ordered Nov 21
Stonewashed Blue
Steel wheels
Build week 46 2021, model year 22
Delivered 16/6/22
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

pds107 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:41 pm Ordered via VW Manchester in early August 2021 for a pro performance 58kwh Family with East Derry wheels in Glacier white. It was an existing order so estimated production week 37 2021which was then subsequently confirmed production week 40 2021.

Dealer informed us on 29th November that car was on way to them and should be with them in next couple of weeks. By early January no update, so phoned dealer who looked into situation and then confirmed car was back at factory for rework.

Spoke to VW customer services late January and issue then escalated to exec office. Informed by exec office in early February that problem was now resolved and car had software update on 3rd February and would then have expedited shipping. Exec office even mentioned to tell dealer to hold onto car to ensure 22 reg. Dealer last week still couldn’t see any movement and I spoke to customer services again today. Latest update is that the car is still in re-work which means that it has been there for 3 months and I had been given incorrect information previously by the exec office. Case escalated again and now await call within 48 hours.

VW information and customer services has been shocking to say the least. Dealer has been excellent with weekly updates but the brand support team at VW give them little to no information. What is even more frustrating is that when you speak to customer services they try and refer you to the dealer - I have explained to them now numerous times that I am having to call as VW brand support aren’t updating the dealer or answering their questions. Also customer services agent admitted they have information that dealers can’t see. They hide behind the dealers or just mention the standard it’s due to chip shortages.

We sold the car that the ID3 will replace in mid December following the update that we should get the car imminently. Immensely frustrating that VW have now misled us on 2 occasions about the car getting to us and now seemingly aren’t willing to take ownership to resolve the problem.

Appreciate many others are in the same position but wanted to express my frustration at the situation.
I have had the same dealings with VW UK customer services, on the first occasion the advisor hung up on me, when I spoke to the second one they tried the same " Contact your supplying dealer " to which I informed them they are not supplying anything because VW aren't supplying them anything - cars, information or customer service, I then asked for the call to be escalated to a complaint, I am still waiting for the outcome of my complaint.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Albertlondon wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:51 pm My three week run of no news is good news ended today. Email from Octane saying that car will be with the dealer on the 11th April, so another month (at least) to wait 😔
That is still good news.

I ordered my Max on the 20th of August and as far as I know I'm still status 10.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Grumps

Post by Grumps »

Jamie1c wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:07 pm
Albertlondon wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:51 pm My three week run of no news is good news ended today. Email from Octane saying that car will be with the dealer on the 11th April, so another month (at least) to wait 😔
That is still good news.

I ordered my Max on the 20th of August and as far as I know I'm still status 10.
Massive result considering your order was in November
I'd be happy if they at least built the car in April.
Sadly not to be methinks.
ID.3 Tour pro S 77 kwh Scale Silver

Ordered 15 Aug 2021
daesimpso

Post by daesimpso »

andrewparker wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:40 pm Happy days, my Polestar 2 gets delivered on Monday :)
I’ve just managed to change order to a preconfigured car, so ETA a couple of weeks.

I did it because Polestar are also struggling with supplies. They’ve dropped the pixel lights for new builds and reduced the price.

They’re also putting bigger batteries in the standard range as they can’t get the ones they were using.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Grumps wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:37 pm
That is still good news.

Definitely a massive result for albertlondon.
If I get mine before July then I'll be happy.

In the grand scheme of things, the waiting, it is what it is. I've been driving my outlander phev for 3 and a half years now and I'm really grudging paying for petrol 😂
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
pds107

Post by pds107 »

Big_GT wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:05 pm
pds107 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:41 pm Ordered via VW Manchester in early August 2021 for a pro performance 58kwh Family with East Derry wheels in Glacier white. It was an existing order so estimated production week 37 2021which was then subsequently confirmed production week 40 2021.

I have had the same dealings with VW UK customer services, on the first occasion the advisor hung up on me, when I spoke to the second one they tried the same " Contact your supplying dealer " to which I informed them they are not supplying anything because VW aren't supplying them anything - cars, information or customer service, I then asked for the call to be escalated to a complaint, I am still waiting for the outcome of my complaint.
For escalated complaints VW have a service level of 48 hours so would definitely chase that up
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

Yep, AlbertLondon's car is astonishingly quick - a very lucky guy. Mine was ordered October 9th and is scheduled for build week 39 this year, (19th - 25th September) so probably won't see it until after Christmas!
daern

Post by daern »

pds107 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:41 pm Latest update is that the car is still in re-work which means that it has been there for 3 months and I had been given incorrect information previously by the exec office.
I'll be honest, if it were me (and I were burning my own money), I'd probably want to know exactly what is being reworked here. Noone wants to buy a lemon and 3 months is a long time to resolve a problem...
Cupra Born V2 - Vapor Grey
Lease order placed in Jan '22
Dealer order placed in March '22
Build date confirmed, delivery due late-July '22
ID.3 Family Pro - ordered Jan, optimistically due end of '22. Cancelled in Feb
pds107

Post by pds107 »

daern wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:04 pm
pds107 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:41 pm Latest update is that the car is still in re-work which means that it has been there for 3 months and I had been given incorrect information previously by the exec office.
I'll be honest, if it were me (and I were burning my own money), I'd probably want to know exactly what is being reworked here. Noone wants to buy a lemon and 3 months is a long time to resolve a problem...
100% agree. Dealer has emailed brand support asking what the problem is and timescale for resolution. They ignore the question and just reply car is in re-work with no further details. I will push for further details when they call me back imminently but suspect they will again just hide behind the chip shortage explanation
Albertlondon

Post by Albertlondon »

Grumps wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:37 pm
That is still good news.

I'll admit I am sceptical. I've asked for a status update, already knew it was code 20 but didn't have a build week, will report back for the spreadsheet when they reply.
Max Pro Performance ordered Nov 21
Stonewashed Blue
Steel wheels
Build week 46 2021, model year 22
Delivered 16/6/22
Arty18

Post by Arty18 »

Hi Utumno,

Another long time lurker.
Please can you add my detail to your spreadsheet.
ID.3 Tour Pro S Makena Turquoise ordered 10/11/2021
Vanarama via Listers
Order # 31401***
Status 10
Update 23/02/2022. Dealer now expecting Aug/Sept
Update 17/06/2022 unconfirmed build week 47 late Nov
mustafam11

Post by mustafam11 »

This morning I received update from my dealer and my production week moved from week12 to week45. I suppose I will be waiting till december to get my car which will be over 15/16 months waiting time. I currently have a car so not really bothered but seriously VW needs to be more transparent with these delivery times as opposed to just giving customer inaccurate dates. I have attached screenshot below.

Thanks Utumno for you spreadsheet!

AA7EB0DD-9443-4D03-9CE5-00258E36ED32_1_201_a.jpeg

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

mustafam11 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:46 pm This morning I received update from my dealer and my production week moved from week12 to week45. I suppose I will be waiting till december to get my car which will be over 15/16 months waiting time. I currently have a car so not really bothered but seriously VW needs to be more transparent with these delivery times as opposed to just giving customer inaccurate dates. I have attached screenshot below.

Thanks Utumno for you spreadsheet!

69 weeks from order to potential build week…are you sure your dealer didn’t forget to place your order?!

I also updated your details to match the screenshot (changed details to be Life Pure Performance)
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203