Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
vanb

Post by vanb »

Great to see that cars are arriving. Just had an email from my dealership-Macclesfield VW-to say that my car has arrived in the UK and is now awaiting transport to the dealership. I ordered ID.3 Life Pro Performance 58 kWh, Makena Turquoise Metallic Blue with East Derry alloys and reversing camera at the start of August 2021. Build week was week 49 2021-obviously. Shouldn’t be much longer for me now! 😀

Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Utumno wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:57 pm
mustafam11 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:46 pm This morning I received update from my dealer and my production week moved from week12 to week45. I suppose I will be waiting till december to get my car which will be over 15/16 months waiting time. I currently have a car so not really bothered but seriously VW needs to be more transparent with these delivery times as opposed to just giving customer inaccurate dates. I have attached screenshot below.

Thanks Utumno for you spreadsheet!

69 weeks from order to potential build week…are you sure your dealer didn’t forget to place your order?!

I also updated your details to match the screenshot (changed details to be Life Pure Performance)
Had an update today, and ours has been bumped again to week 45 Utumno ☹️,

We are now over 70 weeks order to build, and with Vlad being a bellend will probs extend further
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
WelshJewels

Post by WelshJewels »

Picked up this morning, so pleased with it, drives like a dream 😍

2357B64C-ACB6-4B94-8623-03FAC73EC472.jpeg

Dbaron

Post by Dbaron »

WelshJewels wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:48 pm Picked up this morning, so pleased with it, drives like a dream 😍
Nice. Any interior pics?
corals

Post by corals »

Well had update from my vw dealer fed up now like my build date has been pushed back to build week 51 not sure how much longer i can hold on
WelshJewels

Post by WelshJewels »

I only took a couple of the screen and it’s dark now so I’ll take more tomorrow. Is there anything specific you want a photo of?

1D4C73E2-4A4F-45A9-913C-84D969337EF4.jpeg

E976ABE9-442C-4E88-BFBB-86367E2DA727.jpeg

ItshardtobuyId3

Post by ItshardtobuyId3 »

TerraFirma wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:12 pm Seems to be a real mixed bag for us Week 49'ers. Despite mostly ordering the same trim, some were released from the factory around a month a go, and some still haven't escaped. Mine has been at Emden for nearly 3 weeks now (dealer confirmed yesterday it's still there and no ship assigned yet) which seems longer than average looking at the other successful deliveries over the past few months (a week, two max at Emden according to the spreadsheet). Considering I've noted about 6 ships travelling the Emden -> Sheerness route (which is where mine and the other DtD's will be delivered) in the last few weeks alone there must be quite a backlog there... The last few weeks have been twice as painful as the 6-7 months of waiting with no updates at all!
I’m guessing mine would have gone to Sheerness as I’m in the southwest but mine has been there two or three weeks! Supposed to be with the dealer these week but they thought it was last week.

It’s like being a kid at Christmas but not being sure if it’s Christmas Eve or not lol.
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Cupra Born V1 with Typhoon Alloys - Aurora Blue - Tech pack L
Bubba82

Post by Bubba82 »

Tom_1985 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:36 pm
Utumno wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:57 pm
mustafam11 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:46 pm This morning I received update from my dealer and my production week moved from week12 to week45. I suppose I will be waiting till december to get my car which will be over 15/16 months waiting time. I currently have a car so not really bothered but seriously VW needs to be more transparent with these delivery times as opposed to just giving customer inaccurate dates. I have attached screenshot below.

Thanks Utumno for you spreadsheet!

69 weeks from order to potential build week…are you sure your dealer didn’t forget to place your order?!

I also updated your details to match the screenshot (changed details to be Life Pure Performance)
Had an update today, and ours has been bumped again to week 45 Utumno ☹️,

We are now over 70 weeks order to build, and with Vlad being a bellend will probs extend further
Starting to feel like when they cancelled builds the end of last year they bumped them all to the back of the queue

Out of interest has anyone asked about cancelling the current order if it’s a family or life and asking for the new single edition life model to get one possibly quicker while trying to retain grants and discounts etc?
ID3 family pro in Turquoise with east Derry alloys
Ordered 21/9/2021…..Cancelled 19/3/2022
Was order No 31477
Original Confirmed build week 51 2021
Build week cancelled due to MY update
New build week of 35,36 now 40 2022 status 10
Delivery not now
ItshardtobuyId3

Post by ItshardtobuyId3 »

WelshJewels wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:48 pm Picked up this morning, so pleased with it, drives like a dream 😍
Looks great 👍
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Cupra Born V1 with Typhoon Alloys - Aurora Blue - Tech pack L
darknite1

Post by darknite1 »

I have cancelled my order, my id3 was not in build yet so hasn't freed one up. I am unable to wait another 11+ months for a car. I have ordered a Vauxhall Mokka E instead which is due mid May.
pondsman

Post by pondsman »

TerraFirma wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:33 pm
pondsman wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:16 pm Quick update on my vehicle.
ID.3 Life pro. Stonewashed blue, East Derry alloys. Otherwise standard model.
Ordered 28-08-21. Order No. 31305xxx.
Provisional BW 49 (2021). No further information until.....
21-02-22. Dealer informed me car was code 38 (built and released for shipping).
01-03-22. Email from dealer. 'Car is due in to dealership. Please call to arrange collection date.' No mention of a code which should be 40 according to Utumno's spreadsheet. Collection arranged by email for Monday 7th March. Excited, but nothing is sure till I see the vehicle and have the keys in my hand. Will report again at that point.
That’s great news, how exciting! Where is your dealer based? Looks like yours arrived at Emden aroubd the same time as mine (and a few others on here) so it’s good to know things move eventually!
My dealer is in Dundee so car will have arrived into Port of Tyne (Newcastle, I imagine). No idea how long it lay at Emden before making the crossing. My BW (49) was always only provisional. I never had a confirmed BW, though the dealership might have received that information. No way to know what was happening to the car between early December and last week. Might have been half-finished and lying around Zwickau waiting for chips, or could have been completely finished and spent weeks at Emden, waiting for s ship.

Good to see more week 49 cars arriving. From order to collection for me it will be roughly 24 weeks. Seems ridiculous but, looking at the lead times on cars with order dates just after mine, I've been quite lucky. Still, mustn't speak too soon. Haven't actually seen the car yet!
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

pondsman wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:22 pmFrom order to collection for me it will be roughly 24 weeks.

<spits tea on keyboard>

33 weeks and continuing to count up here, with no end date…
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Albertlondon

Post by Albertlondon »

Hi Utumno

My build date has been given the wrong year on the spreadsheet, should be 2021.

Cheers.
Max Pro Performance ordered Nov 21
Stonewashed Blue
Steel wheels
Build week 46 2021, model year 22
Delivered 16/6/22
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

Monthly visit to my dealer yesterday. No change on week 12 code 10
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

Doesnt look good, Im not sure how you can stop production in a factory that does not seem to be producing anyway, but still. On the bigger picture though hopefully things in Ukraine will improve.

https://insideevs.com/news/570472/ukrai ... ggWFbhjox0
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23
darknite1

Post by darknite1 »

Dinsdale wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:57 am Doesnt look good, Im not sure how you can stop production in a factory that does not seem to be producing anyway, but still. On the bigger picture though hopefully things in Ukraine will improve.

https://insideevs.com/news/570472/ukrai ... ggWFbhjox0
Considering the same couple of factories are also producing VW id's, skoda's, audi's and Seats regardless of covid and now a war I think delays were bound to happen. I am annoyed as I did really want an id3 but my finances will not allow me to wait past October this year to change the car and I have zero faith VW can deliver an ID car's this year. At least none ordered after August 2021. If parts were made in Ukraine and Russia then its going to take months to source new factories to make them, moulds made for parts etc etc etc. When I cancelled my order my updated delivery estimate was Feb 2023, I ordered 4th October 2021 and I seriously doubt I would have gotten the car before June 2023 or worse. Things will get better, VW were talking about building a new factory to meet demand.

And todays news https://news.sky.com/story/cargo-ship-c ... e-12555247
Waterboy

Post by Waterboy »

Might be time to throw in the towel on getting an ID3. I've been waiting since July 6th 2021 and am part of the infamous week 40's mob. But factory closure has just kicked this into touch I think.
ID3 Max | Glacier White | Heat Pump | Andoya Alloys
Ordered 6th July 2021
Order No. 31373***
Latest Update: no one knows...!
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Waterboy wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:54 am Might be time to throw in the towel on getting an ID3. I've been waiting since July 6th 2021 and am part of the infamous week 40's mob. But factory closure has just kicked this into touch I think.
You might want to keep the order going, especially if you agreed the finance with the deposit contribution before it was pulled. Are you thinking of getting something else in the meantime or sticking with what you have?
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
furtive

Post by furtive »

Waterboy wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:54 am Might be time to throw in the towel on getting an ID3. I've been waiting since July 6th 2021 and am part of the infamous week 40's mob. But factory closure has just kicked this into touch I think.
I'm starting to thing the same. I'm wondering whether to cancel my order and look for lease deal on something that is in stock like an e-Niro
ID.3 Max in Ivory White
Hypervolt charger
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

I'm probably going to do the same too, as I had originally expected my car in March/April this year, and I had made all of my plans around this. It's increasingly looking like it could be next year before it would materialise, which is just too long. I could almost cope with some extra waiting time if VW could offer a bit more certainty.

If I cancel I will order another MINI, but get an electric one this time. They too have quite a long lead time, but they are pretty up-front about timings and the cars often arrive early. Plus, living only 50 miles from the factory, the dealer usually receives them within a few days after production.

I know times were different a few years ago when I ordered my last one, but I placed the order on March 9th, it was built on March 23rd, and I drove it away from the dealership on April 2nd. These are the sort of delivery times I've been used to so I am finding the id3 wait a bit tedious to say the least!