Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Deleted User 1678

Post by Deleted User 1678 »

Just had an update from my dealer. My Max has a current build week of 34, which is 22nd of August.
If you would like to add it to the spreadsheet.

Kirbatron

Post by Kirbatron »

Picked up my car this morning having ordered on August 21st. Order number was 3143****. At the time delivery was expected to be 4 months but I expected that to change, has taken nearly 7 months. The dealer told me they are warning new customers of a 60 week lead time plus possible issues over a component from Russia.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

My dealer fowarded me the general VW apology letter today attached if some have not seen it.
They also said they are advising ID models as 18 month delivery as of this week.
Letter Volkswagen march 2022.pdf
(109.14 KiB) Downloaded 443 times
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

Daveion wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:18 pm My dealer fowarded me the general VW apology letter today attached if some have not seen it.
They also said they are advising ID models as 18 month delivery as of this week.
I got the same letter yesterday, At least the dealer called to make sure I received it and to apologise for the delay's, I'm not too surprised as I was told not to expect the car before June at the earliest anyway. I can understand so many on here who have received poor dealer service though.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

rags wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:16 pm Hi everyone. I ordered my ID.3 at the end of August 2021and after several delays its been sitting in the VW system since January with an "estimated" build week of 12 (21st to 27th March). I checked again this morning and its showing the same build week but still as "estimated". Couple of questions which im hoping you guys can provide some guidance / help on please:

1. Shouldn't the build week have been confirmed or delayed by now given we are less than 2 weeks away from week 12? I mean, is it normal for the VW system to show a build week only 2 weeks away as still estimated?
2. How long after the build can I expect the car to be delivered to me in the UK?

Thank you

1. The dates have gone to hell in a handbasket for at least the last year.
2. Your vehicle build may, or may not, start on your build date. The vehicle build will take a period of time, how long that period is is unclear (my own vehicle build is now in its 22nd week). After completing build, the vehicle may go back into the factory for a period of "rework"; how long that period is is unclear. After leaving the factory it can take anywhere from a week to 3 months to arrive at your dealer.

In short, we're all in "feed Zoltar a quarter and get a random answer" territory here...
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

Utumno wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:37 pm
In short, we're all in "feed Zoltar a quarter and get a random answer" territory here...
VW really are not doing themselves any favours with their lack of communication.
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Returned from holiday and asked dealer for an update.

Apparently car is “waiting to be put on a boat”, awaiting clarification if that means it has actually escaped the factory.

Looks like a few BW49/2021 cars getting delivered recently, so here’s hoping we are approaching the mythical day!
Family Pro Performance. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry alloys.
Ordered 16/9/21
Delivered 31/3/22
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Kirbatron wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:41 pm Picked up my car this morning having ordered on August 21st. Order number was 3143****. At the time delivery was expected to be 4 months but I expected that to change, has taken nearly 7 months. The dealer told me they are warning new customers of a 60 week lead time plus possible issues over a component from Russia.
Whoohoooo! Congratulations! New car smell! Ordered mine the same day. It won't be built until end of June earliest and may be delivered by Oct or Nov. Stuck in VW Never Never land. Test drove an EV6 today which is in stock for delivery this month rather than 2023 so I am very tempted to jump ship...
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

Smitten wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:19 pm
Kirbatron wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:41 pm Picked up my car this morning having ordered on August 21st. Order number was 3143****. At the time delivery was expected to be 4 months but I expected that to change, has taken nearly 7 months. The dealer told me they are warning new customers of a 60 week lead time plus possible issues over a component from Russia.
Whoohoooo! Congratulations! New car smell! Ordered mine the same day. It won't be built until end of June earliest and may be delivered by Oct or Nov. Stuck in VW Never Never land. Test drove an EV6 today which is in stock for delivery this month rather than 2023 so I am very tempted to jump ship...
I think the EV6 is great. Go for it!

Is there much difference in the cost?

VW don’t deserve you.
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

chrisfs wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:26 pm
I think the EV6 is great. Go for it!

Is there much difference in the cost?

VW don’t deserve you.
The only model in stock (there are a handful remaining) is the RWD GT Line with metallic paint and heat pump. Presumably a cancellation. It has most of what I want but is about £4.5k more expensive than the Tour. Its a much bigger car and not as efficient but offers very fast charging. I am waiting for a delivery date to be confirmed. If they can deliver I think I will cancel the ID3. Pity, as that is the car I really wanted but I was impressed with the Kia on my test drive.
Ordered 21.8.21
evfan

Post by evfan »

New member here. Ordered a white Max via Plan Car Leasing 2 weeks ago. Have been told it’s due for May delivery.
2022 ID.3 Max
:!: InstaVolt - download & get £5 free credit (code: qh46N) https://driver.emsp.instavolt.co.uk/referral/qh46N
:!: BONNET (inc IONITY) - download & get £15 free credit (code: RXRDG)
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

evfan wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:01 pm New member here. Ordered a white Max via Plan Car Leasing 2 weeks ago. Have been told it’s due for May delivery.

Did they say which year ?
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Pretty sure that those who can jump ship into a different vehicle that they like, can deliver and is affordable probably should.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Mikee

Post by Mikee »

An update maybe for the tracker as I don't believe it. Lease company have stated the car will definitely arrive at the dealer by the last day in June with it being ready for collection in July.

No idea of a build week or anything else at this stage.
Family Pro - Kings Red - Sport Suspension - Alloys - Heat Pump
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Utumno wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:52 pm

Pretty sure that those who can jump ship into a different vehicle that they like, can deliver and is affordable probably should.
Kia said I could make a factory order and it would be delivered in 30 weeks (October). I did wonder if this is the same sort of fiction I was fed by VW in August when I was quoted 21 weeks but I couldn't find a spreadsheet like yours anywhere to help!!
Ordered 21.8.21
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

Smitten wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:45 am

Kia said I could make a factory order and it would be delivered in 30 weeks (October). I did wonder if this is the same sort of fiction I was fed by VW in August when I was quoted 21 weeks but I couldn't find a spreadsheet like yours anywhere to help!!
Another way of thinking, I know you can get the Kia sooner but why cancel the VW ID3 order? Why don't you still hold the VW order and wait for it to deliver, when the ID3 eventually arrive, you can than decide which one to keep and sell the one you don't want as I am pretty sure you will be able to sell the ID3 at a profit (to counter the £4.5k different of the Kia). I know it is crumble some, but why let VW make more profit on a order they can now sell for more!
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

I agree, but which ship to jump to is the question! There aren't many ships around! and I would not recommend cancel an existing order (especially the ones made before 12/21), as I am pretty sure they have gone up in value!
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid
MLB_ID3

Post by MLB_ID3 »

Alongwait wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:51 am

I agree, but which ship to jump to is the question! There aren't many ships around! and I would not recommend cancel an existing order (especially the ones made before 12/21), as I am pretty sure they have gone up in value!

I agree. I've had a look around and its either more than I want to pay or isn't what I want. So, I'm going to wait. I have registered my interest in the Megane e-tech but in reality its launch is the end of 2022 and with again probably a long wait I think I will get the ID3 before then. But, we will see. I won't cancel even if I do order a Megane e-Tech (after a test drive - assuming the ID3 is delayed even longer). Let's see who can deliver first! :D
Order date: 9th October
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya Alloys
Original delivery estimates: March, April, May now Autumn
Previous build weeks: 19, 22
Estimated build week: 2022 wk38
** Cancelled **
piracha

Post by piracha »

My feedback from this a.
I do check every morning to see if any of my orders have moved forward & again there has been no movement on your order :(
We are still waiting for volkswagen to confirm a build week.

Expected but still disappointing!!!
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

I popped into my dealer on the way to work this lunchtime for an update on my August order. He’s clearly fed up with me as he couldn’t be bothered to get up and spare me 2 mins to give me a order update, instead getting the receptionist to bring a piece of paper over with “week 12”. He was sat at his desk and his colleague said he was expecting someone for a test drive. A test drive for what? I’d love to be able to say I’ve bought a Tesla cancel my order. 😡