Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
furtive

Post by furtive »

evfan wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:01 pm New member here. Ordered a white Max via Plan Car Leasing 2 weeks ago. Have been told it’s due for May delivery.
I also have a white Max on order from Plan. I wonder if yours is a cancelled order from the same batch as mine and a couple of others on here. Can you ask Plan for a build number so we can see where it is in relation to the other Max orders?

Plan are currently telling me that mine should be here April/May but in reality they don't know!
Last edited by furtive on Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ID.3 Max in Ivory White
Hypervolt charger

Sprout

Post by Sprout »

Arranged to collect on the 25th March :-) ,that works out about 32 weeks from ordering to picking it up.

The car then has a busy weekend, 100 ish miles from dealer to Oxford, potter around there for the weekend seeing family and then 170 ish miles back home on the Monday.

Should get a good feel for it at least.

Insurance quote was cheaper than I thought it would be, over £100 cheaper than the Leaf (leased if that makes any difference).

Thanks again Utumno, that spreadsheet was a massive help in giving me a very good idea of when to expect things to happen. I'm happy to move to the next tab along though.
Family Pro Perf \ Managanese \ East Derry \ DTD
Order Number received 12th Aug - 2021 (Week 32)
Confirmed Build week 49 - 2021 (6th Dec - 12th Dec)
Order Num - 31422xxx
Status 38- 16/02/22
Status 40- 09/04/22
Collecting - 25/03/22
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Sprout wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:12 pm Arranged to collect on the 25th March :-) ,that works out about 32 weeks from ordering to picking it up.

The car then has a busy weekend, 100 ish miles from dealer to Oxford, potter around there for the weekend seeing family and then 170 ish miles back home on the Monday.

Insurance quote was cheaper than I thought it would be, over £100 cheaper than the Leaf (leased if that makes any difference).

Thanks again Utumno, that spreadsheet was a massive help in giving me a very good idea of when to expect things to happen. I'm happy to move to the next tab along though.

Excellent news and I’m glad the spreddy helped 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Deleted User 1676

Post by Deleted User 1676 »

Update video from our dealership has arrived. They are sending them every two weeks now. No change to our build week — week 20.
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Alongwait wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:46 am
Smitten wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:45 am
Utumno wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:52 pm

Pretty sure that those who can jump ship into a different vehicle that they like, can deliver and is affordable probably should.
Kia said I could make a factory order and it would be delivered in 30 weeks (October). I did wonder if this is the same sort of fiction I was fed by VW in August when I was quoted 21 weeks but I couldn't find a spreadsheet like yours anywhere to help!!
Another way of thinking, I know you can get the Kia sooner but why cancel the VW ID3 order? Why don't you still hold the VW order and wait for it to deliver, when the ID3 eventually arrive, you can than decide which one to keep and sell the one you don't want as I am pretty sure you will be able to sell the ID3 at a profit (to counter the £4.5k different of the Kia). I know it is crumble some, but why let VW make more profit on a order they can now sell for more!
Good idea but I'm leasing not buying.

I did look closely at buying through my business as EVs now attract 100% First Year Allowance for Corporation Tax relief - you can set the full cost of the car against your profit. However, you have to buy the car with cash or traditional HP. The latter is very expensive for the business just now and the former would just use up working capital. According to my accountant anything with a balloon payment is not regarded as HP by HMRC so PCP/BCP won't work for the 100% allowance. So my ID3 was leased and so will be the Kia if it happens. That way at least I can claim back 50% of the VAT and set 100% of lease cost against profit to reduce corporation tax. There is about £40 difference per month between the leases. A GT line S AWD with heat pump would have been £150 a month more and that was just a bit too big a budget stretch.
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
camsoft2000

Post by camsoft2000 »

Ordered a pre-configured Polestar 2 estimated delivery of June. I can’t wait 12 more months or more for the ID.3 with no indication of when I might get it. Polestar is made in China so I suspect they have a better supply chain. I really liked the ID.3 as well.
Original order : ID.3 Family 58kWh Pro Performance. *Cancelled*

Subsequent order: Polestar 2 pre-config *cancelled*

Current car: 2022 ID.4 Style 58kWh, s/w 3.0
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

Voodubber wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:41 pm Update video from our dealership has arrived. They are sending them every two weeks now. No change to our build week — week 20.
That’s great they are staying in contact with you. My dealer makes me feel like a pest, never answers my emails and has now resorted to saying he’s busy whenever I drop in to the showroom.
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

Sprout wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:12 pm Arranged to collect on the 25th March :-) ,that works out about 32 weeks from ordering to picking it up.

That’s great news. I’m in order 31428 etc ordered 15 August build week 12 if that is to be believed. Family pro performance east Derry alloys with a heatpump. My dealer seems to have given up on giving any form of update and just hides behind his desk saying he’s busy.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

camsoft2000 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:03 pm Ordered a pre-configured Polestar 2 estimated delivery of June. I can’t wait 12 more months or more for the ID.3 with no indication of when I might get it. Polestar is made in China so I suspect they have a better supply chain. I really liked the ID.3 as well.

Have you cancelled your ID order?

Also if it’s not too cheeky which P* did you go for? I saw the prebuilt ones with the Pilot pack claimed they had the Pixel lights but I really wasn’t sure if that was accurate.

I’d be in a P* in a heartbeat but SWMBO thinks they (and I quote) “look like a Johnny Cab from Total Recall” 🙄
Tesla Model Y Long Range

SunithM

Post by SunithM »

Utumno wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am
camsoft2000 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:03 pm Ordered a pre-configured Polestar 2 estimated delivery of June. I can’t wait 12 more months or more for the ID.3 with no indication of when I might get it. Polestar is made in China so I suspect they have a better supply chain. I really liked the ID.3 as well.

Also if it’s not too cheeky which P* did you go for? I saw the prebuilt ones with the Pilot pack claimed they had the Pixel lights but I really wasn’t sure if that was accurate.

I’d be in a P* in a heartbeat but SWMBO thinks they (and I quote) “look like a Johnny Cab from Total Recall” 🙄
P* have taken the pixel lights out of their pilot pack now but the prebuilts should have it if they have the pilot pack. From what I've read cars built after the 21st march wouldn't have them in the pilot pack
ID.3 Max Pro Performance in Manganese Grey
Ordered 19-Jul-2021
Order no 31384xxx
Cancelled 15-Feb-2022 with car stuck in limbo
Deleted User 1676

Post by Deleted User 1676 »

Hello Utumno,

I have an order number, part of which is 31517xxx.

Many thanks for your ninja spreadsheet-fu skills.
evfan

Post by evfan »

furtive wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:51 pmI also have a white Max on order from Plan. I wonder if yours is a cancelled order from the same batch as mine and a couple of others on here. Can you ask Plan for a build number so we can see where it is in relation to the other Max orders?

Plan are currently telling me that mine should be here April/May but in reality they don't know!
My order number is the same as yours (apart from the last two digits of course).
I spoke to the ordering VW branch and they confirmed it's a November 21 order. The bulk of the car is built, but they are awaiting some sort of semiconductors, putting lots of cars on delay for delivery. She was "very hopeful" that the vehicle would arrive for May.
2022 ID.3 Max
:!: InstaVolt - download & get £5 free credit (code: qh46N) https://driver.emsp.instavolt.co.uk/referral/qh46N
:!: BONNET (inc IONITY) - download & get £15 free credit (code: RXRDG)
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

SunithM wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:15 am

P* have taken the pixel lights out of their pilot pack now but the prebuilts should have it if they have the pilot pack. From what I've read cars built after the 21st march wouldn't have them in the pilot pack
Not to turn this into a P* thread but what’s the reason for removing the pixel lights?
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Braddad9

Post by Braddad9 »

evfan wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:01 pm New member here. Ordered a white Max via Plan Car Leasing 2 weeks ago. Have been told it’s due for May delivery.
One of us, one of us, one of us!
ID3 Max Pro Performance - Scale Silver
Order: 3140****
Original ETA - Late April/Early May
Delivery scheduled - 18 May 2022
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

rikimaru wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:44 pm Not to turn this into a P* thread but what’s the reason for removing the pixel lights?

They can’t get the parts.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Voodubber wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:38 am Hello Utumno,

I have an order number, part of which is 31517xxx.

Many thanks for your ninja spreadsheet-fu skills.

Updated, and you’re very welcome 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range

chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

rikimaru wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:44 pm
SunithM wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:15 am

Not to turn this into a P* thread but what’s the reason for removing the pixel lights?
Supply shortages, I would have thought? Build what you can…
Garyb 123

Post by Garyb 123 »

Well better news for me at last. They “think’” the car has arrived in the UK but have no idea where and how long it will take to arrive from here. But after 7 months since ordering, I’ll take that as really good news!!
Family Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry’s
Paper worked signed 12.08.21
Order number 3142****
Build week changed a few times but last update was week 47
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Congratulations. After a week in mine I can honestly say it’s the best car I’ve ever had. Absolutely love it, and zero regrets cancelling the ID3.

Internally it does feel smaller than the ID3, but we drove over to the folks holiday home in Lytham yesterday, 4 up, and it swallowed all our luggage with ease.

Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

Garyb 123 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:28 pm Well better news for me at last. They “think’” the car has arrived in the UK but have no idea where and how long it will take to arrive from here. But after 7 months since ordering, I’ll take that as really good news!!
Great news and encouraging for me as I ordered same week same model same wheels with a 3142 order too. Good luck!