Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
UKCanuck

Post by UKCanuck »

UPDATE
I have just been informed by my lease company deliveries team, that my car lands in the UK tomorrow... this after I was originally told it was due in the UK on 7th Feb. I'm not holding my breath just yet!
Family Pro Performance, Moonstone
Ordered 8th August 21

Bonnet app referral code RVGDE for free £15

Share £100 with me... join Octopus energy https://share.octopus.energy/happy-dog-969

Turquoise

Post by Turquoise »

Family PP (Turquoise with East Derry alloys)
Ordered Oct '21 (Tusker/Marshall Fleet)
Built '22 wk33, delivered wk41

Zappi 7kW Black tethered
4.5kWp solar with 7.5kWh battery

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-sun-45
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

Yes, I saw this in The Telegraph today, Shenzhen is the major manufacturing centre for yes, you've guessed it, semiconductors for the automotive industry!
ricko

Post by ricko »

Uphamid3 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:30 pm Yes, I saw this in The Telegraph today, Shenzhen is the major manufacturing centre for yes, you've guessed it, semiconductors for the automotive industry!
Shenzen is the manufacturing centre for practically anything electronic, half of it ripped off or fake. But not a lot of basic semiconductor chips ...
Life Pro Performance Kings Red + heatpump
Ordered 11/10/2021 @ Inchcape
Build week 38/22
Collected 20/07/22

Intelligent Octopus referral link (£50 credit) : https://share.octopus.energy/frost-snake-180
mgblugs

Post by mgblugs »

My car was actually delivered on the 11th March.
Loving it!
Family Pro Performance
Ordered - August 30 2021
Central Contracts (lease) (no Vw Order no)
Delivered 11th March 2022
Waterboy

Post by Waterboy »

camsoft2000 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:54 pm
Utumno wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am
camsoft2000 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:03 pm Ordered a pre-configured Polestar 2 estimated delivery of June. I can’t wait 12 more months or more for the ID.3 with no indication of when I might get it. Polestar is made in China so I suspect they have a better supply chain. I really liked the ID.3 as well.

Have you cancelled your ID order?

Also if it’s not too cheeky which P* did you go for? I saw the prebuilt ones with the Pilot pack claimed they had the Pixel lights but I really wasn’t sure if that was accurate.

I’d be in a P* in a heartbeat but SWMBO thinks they (and I quote) “look like a Johnny Cab from Total Recall” 🙄
Not cancelled my ID.3 order yet, want to make sure I get the Polestar within a reasonable time frame, once the Polestar is confirmed delivery date will regrettably cancel the ID.3.

So went for the long range, single motor with Pilot. As it’s a pre-configured car it has Pilot with Pixel lights, newly configured cars are “Pilot Lite” due to chip shortages so don’t have Pixel lights or LED animation etc. What worries me is that I did see a message on the Polestar website saying existing orders with Pilot pack built late March will only get Pilot Lite and £800 will come off final bill. I really hope my car is being built or about to, though I do have a VIN so I don’t know if that means the car is built or not. Also £800 seems a bit of a low ball amount given the number of features removed.
Just cancelled by July 2021 ordered ID3. Still no news on it - enough is enough.
ID3 Max | Glacier White | Heat Pump | Andoya Alloys
Ordered 6th July 2021
Order No. 31373***
Latest Update: no one knows...!
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Waterboy wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:30 pm Just cancelled by July 2021 ordered ID3. Still no news on it - enough is enough.

Sorry to hear that, but given I don’t think you even ever went to status 10 I can’t blame you!

This leaves myself, Baznorth and Super3 as the “oldest” unfulfilled orders left on the spreadsheet - all Tour models too.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
DeeSyfor

Post by DeeSyfor »

A wee update for the spreadsheet Utumno, although not positive progress unfortunately. Phoned the dealer today and mine is still showing status 10 but now with an estimated build of June 2022. I ordered in July 2021 (31390***) so that will be a wait of well over 12 months. Off to reconsider my options and see whether a preconfigured Polestar is within my reach. Any recommendations from those who have jumped ship and already have one? It's a shame as I really like the ID3, I just need to weigh up how much and how long I'm prepared to wait. My car is not getting any younger and is due another service in June and MOT in September.

Great to see that some of last year's orders are getting through the system. Enjoy and keep us posted with those photos!
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

mgblugs wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:22 pm My car was actually delivered on the 11th March.
Loving it!

Excellent! Was it a MY22 or MY22.5 that you had delivered?
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Bubba82

Post by Bubba82 »

Booked a C40 test drive as I doubt I will see my car this year! Gone to week 40 now
ID3 family pro in Turquoise with east Derry alloys
Ordered 21/9/2021…..Cancelled 19/3/2022
Was order No 31477
Original Confirmed build week 51 2021
Build week cancelled due to MY update
New build week of 35,36 now 40 2022 status 10
Delivery not now
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Bubba82 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:18 pm Booked a C40 test drive as I doubt I will see my car this year! Gone to week 40 now

Aren’t the C40’s on a crazy lead time as well though?
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Bubba82

Post by Bubba82 »

Utumno wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:22 pm
Bubba82 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:18 pm Booked a C40 test drive as I doubt I will see my car this year! Gone to week 40 now

On the Volvo website and forums looks to be 5 - 7 months….more than likely be delivered before my ID3 even gets built!! They don’t have the Ukrainian problems from what I have seen and a better supply of chips
Was order No 31477
Delivery not now
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Hi Utumno,

Unfortunately another update for the spreadsheet. I have cancelled my Tour order. I can't see any positive news coming out of VW regarding Tour/Max orders and we know Zwickau is currently shut down as well. I have decided to go with an in stock EV6 GT line RWD with metallic white paint and heat pump. It was a cancellation I assume. It will be with me within a week or so. I was trying to downsize from my current SUV so I have been confounded in that aim as there are only a few centimetres difference in length/width although it is a bit lower. However, it is a purpose built EV which was a key parameter for me and it has rather fast charging for long distance journeys. I really enjoyed the test drive. Sadly, I won't get all the bells and whistles of the S specification though as there were none left in stock anywhere. I did look at a fresh factory order for an EV6 AWD GT Line S but, it was £11k more than the Tour and at least another 30 weeks wait. I decided a car already in the UK was the way to go.
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Braddad9

Post by Braddad9 »

evfan wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:33 pm
Braddad9 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:42 pm
evfan wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:01 pm New member here. Ordered a white Max via Plan Car Leasing 2 weeks ago. Have been told it’s due for May delivery.
One of us, one of us, one of us!
Yep.

That lease offer that came up on the 22/23rd was absolutely fantastic, and definitely couldn't say no!
It was such an amazing deal - however I am currently fighting myself internally between keeping my current car at the end of the pcp and paying £175 per month in fuel/insurance etc vs paying £350 per month for a brand new car with everything included.

The financial person inside of me knows to keep the car, but I loved driving the ID3 and I love the look of it, and I know I am supremely unlikely to get a deal like this again!
ID3 Max Pro Performance - Scale Silver
Order: 3140****
Original ETA - Late April/Early May
Delivery scheduled - 18 May 2022
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Bubba82 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:40 pm

On the Volvo website and forums looks to be 5 - 7 months….more than likely be delivered before my ID3 even gets built!! They don’t have the Ukrainian problems from what I have seen and a better supply of chips

Keep us posted! I’m a sucker for a Volvo but SWMBO isn’t…
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Braddad9 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:16 pm
Braddad9 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:42 pm

One of us, one of us, one of us!
Yep.

That lease offer that came up on the 22/23rd was absolutely fantastic, and definitely couldn't say no!
It was such an amazing deal - however I am currently fighting myself internally between keeping my current car at the end of the pcp and paying £175 per month in fuel/insurance etc vs paying £350 per month for a brand new car with everything included.

The financial person inside of me knows to keep the car, but I loved driving the ID3 and I love the look of it, and I know I am supremely unlikely to get a deal like this again!

Crikey a Max for £350 all in? That really is a steal.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Smitten wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:55 pm Hi Utumno,

Unfortunately another update for the spreadsheet. I have cancelled my Tour order. I can't see any positive news coming out of VW regarding Tour/Max orders and we know Zwickau is currently shut down as well. I have decided to go with an in stock EV6 GT line RWD with metallic white paint and heat pump. It was a cancellation I assume. It will be with me within a week or so. I was trying to downsize from my current SUV so I have been confounded in that aim as there are only a few centimetres difference in length/width although it is a bit lower. However, it is a purpose built EV which was a key parameter for me and it has rather fast charging for long distance journeys. I really enjoyed the test drive. Sadly, I won't get all the bells and whistles of the S specification though as there were none left in stock anywhere. I did look at a fresh factory order for an EV6 AWD GT Line S but, it was £11k more than the Tour and at least another 30 weeks wait. I decided a car already in the UK was the way to go.

Totally makes sense to me, and by all accounts the EV6 is a really nice vehicle. Have updated the spreadsheet with your cancellation…
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Bubba82

Post by Bubba82 »

Utumno wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:30 pm
Bubba82 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:40 pm

Keep us posted! I’m a sucker for a Volvo but SWMBO isn’t…
Will do!! And I dare not say that last week I cancelled a Tiguan order for a XC60 that come first week of April all been well, so the dealer might be getting a double order from me now
Was order No 31477
Delivery not now
Waterboy

Post by Waterboy »

Utumno wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:11 pm
Waterboy wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:30 pm Just cancelled by July 2021 ordered ID3. Still no news on it - enough is enough.

Sorry to hear that, but given I don’t think you even ever went to status 10 I can’t blame you!

This leaves myself, Baznorth and Super3 as the “oldest” unfulfilled orders left on the spreadsheet - all Tour models too.
It’s a pity but no hope on the horizon so moving on. I’ve ordered a BMW X3 M40d - bit different but got a dog now so gone for more space. Car due in June.

Thanks for creating and managing the spreadsheet - really helpful. Good luck with your order too! I’ll keep and eye on here and will keep fingers crossed for you, cheers
ID3 Max | Glacier White | Heat Pump | Andoya Alloys
Ordered 6th July 2021
Order No. 31373***
Latest Update: no one knows...!
Braddad9

Post by Braddad9 »

Utumno wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:31 pm
Braddad9 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:16 pm

Yep.

Crikey a Max for £350 all in? That really is a steal.
Yeah, seems crazy to walk away from. £285 per month for the lease and other costs including charging at home and insurance etc would take it to £350 per month.

I know I am getting a lot of car for £285 per month and I won’t get the deal again. But the sensible side of me knows it isn’t the cheapest option because I have the option of just buying my current car which has absolutely nothing wrong with it haha! Just passed it’s first mot with flying colours.

I think the plan is to sell my current car when I get the ID3. I have about £5k in equity in my current car - so I will use that towards the payments over the next 12 months probably and also pay for my home charger.
ID3 Max Pro Performance - Scale Silver
Order: 3140****
Original ETA - Late April/Early May
Delivery scheduled - 18 May 2022