Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Slathe

Post by Slathe »

Picked up my Life on Saturday (26th March). Really impressed with it. Finding the range is much better than I expected even now it’s gotten colder.

It arrived in the country on 1st March but took them until 22nd to deliver it to the dealer.

Utumno If you could update the spreadsheet. Thanks

morrishey

Post by morrishey »

There is good news dripping through the filters!

Another ID3 delivered yesterday into the hands of Mrs Morrishey. A *relatively* quick lead time of 6 months since September order. Judging by what could be final packing checklist for the bits and pieces in the boot, it left the factory on 22/2/22 at 2:23am (missed the perfect time by 1 minute, damnit!).

Mrs Morrishey very happy, even trying to find excuses to go out to various places today. And we all know that happy wife is all that matters :D

1EB2350E-3700-4A13-9ACA-8C31986EF202.jpeg

7DDA638C-8517-4388-8EE0-9CFBF8971C5F.jpeg

Family Pro Performance. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry alloys.
Ordered 16/9/21
Delivered 31/3/22
Kwr68

Post by Kwr68 »

GeoffP wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:57 pm Just had an update on my build week. Had been sitting at ww24 for quite some time. It has now jumped to ww39; a slippage of 15 weeks. My VW dealer blames the war in Ukraine. Lack of wheat to make bread to feed the Wolfburg workers perhaps???
Is everyone else seeing similar slippages? I am beginning to believe I will never get this car. Given the wait times I think VW ought to rebrand it as Trabant.
Ukraine don’t only produce wheat for the Wolfsburg workers and possibly Zwickau where the ev’s are made they have been producing wiring looms in between air raid sirens and going to the shelters they also produce neon for the making of semiconductors plus much more I would sooner wait for my car ( and it is just a car gets you from a to b ) knowing that those in Ukraine are from harm and live in peace
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

morrishey wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:06 pm There is good news dripping through the filters!

Another ID3 delivered yesterday into the hands of Mrs Morrishey. A *relatively* quick lead time of 6 months since September order. Judging by what could be final packing checklist for the bits and pieces in the boot, it left the factory on 22/2/22 at 2:23am (missed the perfect time by 1 minute, damnit!).

Mrs Morrishey very happy, even trying to find excuses to go out to various places today. And we all know that happy wife is all that matters :D
Stonewashed Blue with East Derry's looks amazing, nice combo.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Rasib wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:23 pm
ag-indie wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:10 pm Enjoy the motor! 👌
Looks superb & im jealous ha ha
Hahah, I hope you get your soon 😁

And spare a thought for poor @corals who ordered a Tour on 1-Aug-2021 and currently has a build week of 15/2023. 88 weeks currently from order date to projected build start….
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
aniketsantani

Post by aniketsantani »

Managed to get another update from Volkswagen Customer Care. Had to plead them for an update as they kept asking me to speak to dealer as they have better updates. I don't trust that statement, how would a dealer have better update than VW themselves! Any way, the update is really the same that the max I ordered is still waiting for Semiconductors. But they mentioned something about vehicle being at Checkpoint 7 in production line. Anyone has any idea what that means? At least its not in a parking lot somewhere in factory?
They did mention things in Ukraine aren't making things easier but that might be a general statement they are saying to everyone who calls for an update.
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

morrishey wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:06 pm There is good news dripping through the filters!

Same model, same performance pro, East Derry alloys, metallic paint as mine ordered the same day but mine has not even achieved status 20 and status 10 keeps moving round like jelly on a channel ferry. VW logic?
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
bluewaters905

Post by bluewaters905 »

the.kes wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:35 am

Same model, same performance pro, East Derry alloys, metallic paint as mine ordered the same day but mine has not even achieved status 20 and status 10 keeps moving round like jelly on a channel ferry. VW logic?
This is what I find so confusing, order numbers/dates for exactly the same model seem meaningless - there doesn't seem to be any logic. There must be dealer priority, as previously stated, and clearly my dealer is low priority.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Skippy wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:18 pm I have written to the MD of VW UK complaining about the lack of communication (and poor planning) which means that customers are completely unable to plan ahead. I doubt that it will make any difference but VW should be aware that their reputation is taking some serious damage.
I received an anodyne reply from VW UK today. It addressed none of my concerns about planning or the lack of communication but incredibly added a new excuse: the weather. See below:

VW Letter 30.3.22.jpg

Family Pro Performance Moonstone Grey
Ordered 26 Nov 2021
Listers Nuneaton
Order No: 31568xxx
Build week : Unconfirmed
Delivered: 23 Sept 22
White Zappi 7kW - Tethered
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

bluewaters905 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:53 am
the.kes wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:35 am

This is what I find so confusing, order numbers/dates for exactly the same model seem meaningless - there doesn't seem to be any logic. There must be dealer priority, as previously stated, and clearly my dealer is low priority.

And morrishey’s dealer may have been owed a car in their quota, and that ID.3 happened to come off the line. There’s no rational queue we can discern, because we can’t see all the data necessary to discern it.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

Yes the weather-related incident referred to in the reply Skippy received from VW is probably the closure of two major semiconductor factories in Texas, closed by snowstorms last year.

This relatively short-lived stoppage did have a disproportionately large impact on the global supply chain, and certainly contributed to the situation we are in now.
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

Skippy wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:19 am
Skippy wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:18 pm I have written to the MD of VW UK complaining about the lack of communication (and poor planning) which means that customers are completely unable to plan ahead. I doubt that it will make any difference but VW should be aware that their reputation is taking some serious damage.
I received an anodyne reply from VW UK today. It addressed none of my concerns about planning or the lack of communication but incredibly added a new excuse: the weather. See below:

VW Letter 30.3.22.jpg
What’s the email address please?
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Sorry, I couldn’t find a email address so I had to use snail mail.
Family Pro Performance Moonstone Grey
Ordered 26 Nov 2021
Listers Nuneaton
Order No: 31568xxx
Build week : Unconfirmed
Delivered: 23 Sept 22
White Zappi 7kW - Tethered
cashyp

Post by cashyp »

My wife ordered a VW ID3 family on 4th September 2021. Contacted dealer today, and still haven’t even got a projected build week!!! The order has not moved one one iota since September. I ordered a t-cross for me at the same time and have been driving that for the past two months. Given the intended move to electric vehicles, it seems VW are still focussing on their petrol models. Any idea how I get a better update from VW?
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

cashyp wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:15 pm My wife ordered a VW ID3 family on 4th September 2021. Contacted dealer today, and still haven’t even got a projected build week!!! The order has not moved one one iota since September. I ordered a t-cross for me at the same time and have been driving that for the past two months. Given the intended move to electric vehicles, it seems VW are still focussing on their petrol models. Any idea how I get a better update from VW?

If you find a way of getting any sense out of VW, please be sure to let us know here.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

cashyp wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:15 pm My wife ordered a VW ID3 family on 4th September 2021. Contacted dealer today, and still haven’t even got a projected build week!!! The order has not moved one one iota since September. I ordered a t-cross for me at the same time and have been driving that for the past two months. Given the intended move to electric vehicles, it seems VW are still focussing on their petrol models. Any idea how I get a better update from VW?
Absolutely piss poor service from such a massive company.
They’re just burying there heads in the sand, and coming up with excuses.
They’re to blame in parts for this fook up.
You’ll probably not see your id3 this year. I’m in the same position & you can’t get any information whatsoever!
They need to close the order books for a while & catch up like polestar have done.
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
Col21

Post by Col21 »

I had an update from dealer on Friday.............Nothing has changed!!!
Still a proposed build week of 20! But he said as the factories closed in Ukraine and VW are yet to update the system that he doesn't think anything will change on his screen till at least next week or later.
To say my order number is so low it makes me think there is no real significance to them!
I mentioned about the grant and he said in December they put there grants through once the government pulled it. So I'm safe as he says.
Husband is fed up and looking at Tesla model 3 which I wasn't keen on whatsoever! But seems a much quicker turn around after his friend managed to get one with a turnaround of just 9 weeks!
Ordered Family Pro Performance - 5/11/2021
Moonstone Grey with East Derry Alloys
Order number 31370***
Estimated arrival - April 2022 (from dealer) now moved to June!
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Congrats! Looks amazing.

Is that an MY22.5?
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

the.kes wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:35 am Same model, same performance pro, East Derry alloys, metallic paint as mine ordered the same day but mine has not even achieved status 20 and status 10 keeps moving round like jelly on a channel ferry. VW logic?
I think any suggestion of logic in this whole process has long gone! VW haven’t done themselves any favours over the last year or so in the eyes of their customers, we can only assume that they look at full order books as a sign that they know they are onto a successful car that will sell in huge numbers, regardless of the shambles that the unsuspecting customer is getting into.

I feel for you guys who have had and will have a much longer wait than my 6 months. I would say “things can only get better”, but sadly experience tells us that “things will just stay the same” for some time.
Ordered 16/9/21
Delivered 31/3/22
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

rikimaru wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:24 pm Congrats! Looks amazing.

Is that an MY22.5?
Not that I can tell. Seats are what I expected to be getting from a MY22.
Ordered 16/9/21
Delivered 31/3/22