Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Thornytree

Post by Thornytree »

Uphamid3 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:47 am Does anybody know the exact official Department of Transport position concerning the continuing eligibility of the plug-in car grant for vehicles facing long delivery delays.

My dealer seems to think it will be fine. The government website (and their official pdf document) appears to suggest the grant ceases to apply after 9 months from ordering, unless the vehicle is delivered, awaiting payment or awaiting audit.

I cannot find any explanation of the term ‘awaiting audit’.

If anybody has a definitive answer it would be greatly appreciated, as if the grant is not going to be available when I take delivery - which is now very likely next year - I shall need to look at alternatives.
I’m a “long time stalker” - ID3 ordered mid-October 2021 and now looking at late 2022 for delivery having originally been told March 2022. I queried the issue of grant with my dealer and was initially told that conversations were taking place between VW and the government regarding the grant status. Early February I asked again and was told that the grant would be honoured though it was unclear if that would be VW or the dealership. I asked and received written confirmation that the “grant” would be honoured from the dealership. My suspicion is that it’s the dealer who is standing the cost though I can’t be sure. If you haven’t already done so seek confirmation from your dealer.

Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

Thanks for the info Thornytree, and welcome to the the forum. It looks like you’ve done really well to gain such a commitment from your dealer, and I will get back to mine to see if I can get a similar conclusion.
I did get what I thought was a reasonably comprehensive answer from them a few weeks ago, but after seeing further posts from members on the forum I again started to have some doubts.
Their reply was: ‘the plug-in grant grant has been processed and is in place with the PICCG, after 9 months the grant goes on ‘hold’, we then as a dealer contact Volkswagen who then take this off hold, but this is something we do proactively via our Sales admin team, you have price protection from Volkswagen, however we would have no control if VAT increased.
duncsand

Post by duncsand »

Uphamid3 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:49 am Thanks for the info Thornytree, and welcome to the the forum. It looks like you’ve done really well to gain such a commitment from your dealer, and I will get back to mine to see if I can get a similar conclusion.
I did get what I thought was a reasonably comprehensive answer from them a few weeks ago, but after seeing further posts from members on the forum I again started to have some doubts.
Their reply was: ‘the plug-in grant grant has been processed and is in place with the PICCG, after 9 months the grant goes on ‘hold’, we then as a dealer contact Volkswagen who then take this off hold, but this is something we do proactively via our Sales admin team, you have price protection from Volkswagen, however we would have no control if VAT increased.
That made me laugh - we must have the same dealer, as I had the exact same words from them. James must be good at copy/paste ;-)
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, build week 25, confirmed built 1st July, collected from dealer 20th July.
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

Yep, James and Eve in deepest Kent must be telling everyone the same!
GazID.3

Post by GazID.3 »

furtive wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:51 pm
GazID.3 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:01 pm Hi guys new to the Forum,
Ordered a Max in white , at the beginning of November 2021.
Date been pushed back from Feb-April-June , we’re now August.
What are the chances of an August delivery??
Cheers Gaz
Are you able to get an order number?
Just got hold of the order No. 31400xxx

ID.3 Max Pro Perf White
Standard Wheels
Ordered Nov 21
Delivery before I die hopefully :lol:
Last edited by GazID.3 on Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

Just off the phone with my dealer there. My build week was supposed to be next month and I thought I'd touch base with him to see if they had any feedback on date changes or anything. He told me they had been told that all existing build week estimates are no longer accurate since the Zwickau shutdown but no new estimates have been assigned. He said the updates he got from Dublin (head office) had been very generic but any updates he gets from them on my specific build he'll get back to me.

I don't really believe that he'll get back to me unless the car is ready for pickup but we'll see.

In other news, there was 40 new ID3's that hit the road in Ireland in March which is almost a 50% increase compared to February. It will be interesting to see when the Zwickau shutdown is reflected in registrations, should illuminate the time it takes from leaving the factory to it arriving for registration.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Today is the 6 month anniversary of our Tour going into build, where it has remained ever since.

Happy half-birthday, vapourware vehicle...
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

Happy anniversary. FYI when I renewed my ICE car insurance this morning LV weren’t able to give me a ball park figure for my ID.3 on order as they fit show the Family Pro as a model on their database. (They even suggested I meant ID.4!). 😂
GazID.3

Post by GazID.3 »

Utumno wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:42 pm
Cheers Gaz

There's more chance of me remarrying my first wife.
Hopefully she’s really nice and you want to date again ?
:lol:
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Utumno wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:23 pm Today is the 6 month anniversary of our Tour going into build, where it has remained ever since.

Happy Anniversary Utumno.
I'm sure it's an Anniversary you could do without.
There certainly does seem a black hole when it comes to the Tour. It surely can't be that significantly different to the other derivatives.
So frustrating for you Tour customers. Crazy 🤪
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
duncsand

Post by duncsand »

Utumno wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:23 pm Today is the 6 month anniversary of our Tour going into build, where it has remained ever since.

This is completely nuts. It’s even more nuts that there’s no explanation.
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, build week 25, confirmed built 1st July, collected from dealer 20th July.
Bengeo

Post by Bengeo »

duncsand wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:42 pm

This is completely nuts. It’s even more nuts that there’s no explanation.

I think it is a VW ploy. They appreciate that Utumno does such a great job with the spreadsheet and they are concerned that he will lose interest when he gets his car ..... :shock:
Tour 77kWh Pro S in Glacier White

pds107

Post by pds107 »

Update from dealer today on Family Pro Performance ordered early August and production week 40. Car had been stuck in re-work since late November but is now status 38 and should be on a ship in next couple of weeks. Hopefully should finally get the car at some point in May
furtive

Post by furtive »

GazID.3 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:57 am Just got hold of the order No. 31400xxx

ID.3 Max Pro Perf White
Standard Wheels
Ordered Nov 21
Delivery before I die hopefully :lol:
Ah, welcome to the 31400xxx Max week 40 club. There are 7 of us now with similar order numbers waiting for a Max, plus a smattering of Tours
ID.3 Max in Ivory White
Hypervolt charger
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

GazID.3 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:28 pm
Cheers Gaz

Oh hell no.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

GDC

Post by GDC »

Happy news today - just received email from lease company advising car is at dealership and ready for delivery.

A quick phone call confirmed details and arranged for delivery on Friday 08/04/21.

Woohoo!

Now to call insurance company to see how much it is to adjust policy.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Utumno wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:19 pm
GazID.3 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:28 pm

Oh hell no.
A looker!
She could spin a cock and bull story I bet!
Could work for VW customer service 😊
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
corals

Post by corals »

HI ALL JUST LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATES BUT TODAYS UPDATE FROM DEALER BROKE THE HORSES BACK FOR ME SO TODAY I HAVE CANCELED MY TOUR VW TOLD ME THE BUILD DATE CHANGED TO BUILD WEEK 26 2023 I WILL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED U ALL GET YOUR CARS SOON
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

Utumno: happy anniversary.
Your 'ex-remarrying' post made my day!

good luck to all - and especially Ukrainians.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

corals wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:31 pm HI ALL JUST LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATES BUT TODAYS UPDATE FROM DEALER BROKE THE HORSES BACK FOR ME SO TODAY I HAVE CANCELED MY TOUR VW TOLD ME THE BUILD DATE CHANGED TO BUILD WEEK 26 2023 I WILL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED U ALL GET YOUR CARS SOON

A two year (approximate) lead time assuming it got built quickly 😧

I’d have walked too given that information, no question.

Really hope your replacement vehicle comes as quickly as possible for you!
Tesla Model Y Long Range