Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Chris_Shep wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:27 pm Another month, Another update from the dealer and another reported delay to the build week of 1 more week. I can't help wondering if its actually been bumped up to week 46 but the dealer thinks he can tell me it's actually being bumped up a week each month and i wont be too alarmed. :(
Sorry for another update @Utumno

Absolutely no problem !

To everyone here, I've also rejigged the "build dates" column a bit, given how hard it's becoming to get those elusive build weeks out of dealers. Instead of two separate dates for status 10 and status 20, I've now just got one date with whether that date is status 10 or status 20. This also means it's much easier to sort the spreadsheet however you want to sort it by date, and it's very obvious indeed when a vehicle has come out of build (at the moment we have a single ID.3 escaped the factory and on its way to @Mrchrispullen).

We also have a very obvious backlog of Max and Tour trims, and VW appear to have cleared their 2021 "confirmed build week" backlog for people on this forum at least.

Right now we are week 15/2022 so theoretically there should be another batch of Family trims (with a small seasoning of Life and Style) currently being built - I suspect it's going to be fairly quiet in terms of news of vehicles escaping from the factory for the next 4-6 weeks, personally.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203

aayron

Post by aayron »

I've had update from my dealer (Vertu Nottingham) to tell me he has no news. I tried to find out if I had moved off status 00 but no reply has been forthcoming,
On the plus side, the Podpoint looks nice.

Podpoint.jpg

Id.3 107KW Family Pro 58kWh, Makena Turquoise, East Derry Wheels
Ordered 30/10/21
Order Number 31528XXX
Build Week 47(2022)
Received Week 4 (2023)
Braddad9

Post by Braddad9 »

For anyone with a Max/Tour order with the ETA being April/May (there were a group of us who all arrived at the same time haha) - I asked for an update today and now have an updated ETA of 6 June 2022.

I have been offered my £600 deposit back, but not sure what to do at the moment.

Either just buy my car at the end of PCP in September and cancel the order or just wait until it is finally ready...
ID3 Max Pro Performance - Scale Silver
Order: 3140****
Original ETA - Late April/Early May
Delivery scheduled - 18 May 2022
furtive

Post by furtive »

Braddad9 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:59 pm For anyone with a Max/Tour order with the ETA being April/May (there were a group of us who all arrived at the same time haha) - I asked for an update today and now have an updated ETA of 6 June 2022.

I have been offered my £600 deposit back, but not sure what to do at the moment.

Either just buy my car at the end of PCP in September and cancel the order or just wait until it is finally ready...
Thanks for the update. What is your order number and who is the lease company?

I do wonder what the hat they are pulling these dates looks like ;)
ID.3 Max in Ivory White
Hypervolt charger
furtive

Post by furtive »

Has anyone got LinkedIn Premium? I wonder if sending a direct message to the head of VW Saxony a message to ask him where our Max and Tour's are:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/stefan-loth-7659b2208/
ID.3 Max in Ivory White
Hypervolt charger
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

Tom_1985 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:54 pm
Jaylow wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:35 pm Was told today by my dealer that I won't get my standard family pro performance this year. My order was placed in mid October last year so a wait of well over a year unfortunately. I was originally told 6 months wait. Order number is 3151****
Nobody with a 315 order number will be getting built this year, simples !

I’m early 31412 and mines unconfirmed November 2022 build
They dont seem to be getting built by order number necessarily do they?
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
Joule58kW

Post by Joule58kW »

Big_GT wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:32 pm
GDC wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:26 pm Well after several long months and lots of awful events impacting the world... today is the day I get to enjoy that illusive new car smell! She's finally here!

Congratulations, you must be very happy, Wishing you many happy miles.
Good news! Just out of interest when did you place your order? Thanks
Life Pro Performance 58kW Makena Turquoise.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Braddad9 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:59 pm For anyone with a Max/Tour order with the ETA being April/May (there were a group of us who all arrived at the same time haha) - I asked for an update today and now have an updated ETA of 6 June 2022.

Well you’ll know in about 3 weeks whether your lease company is blowing smoke; allow 4 weeks for delivery and that’s 6-Jun.

My money’s on them continuing to add 6 weeks each time you ask them 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range

tomstring

Post by tomstring »

Utumno wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:42 pm
Chris_Shep wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:27 pm Another month, Another update from the dealer and another reported delay to the build week of 1 more week. I can't help wondering if its actually been bumped up to week 46 but the dealer thinks he can tell me it's actually being bumped up a week each month and i wont be too alarmed. :(
Sorry for another update @Utumno

Absolutely no problem !

To everyone here, I've also rejigged the "build dates" column a bit, given how hard it's becoming to get those elusive build weeks out of dealers. Instead of two separate dates for status 10 and status 20, I've now just got one date with whether that date is status 10 or status 20. This also means it's much easier to sort the spreadsheet however you want to sort it by date, and it's very obvious indeed when a vehicle has come out of build (at the moment we have a single ID.3 escaped the factory and on its way to @Mrchrispullen).

We also have a very obvious backlog of Max and Tour trims, and VW appear to have cleared their 2021 "confirmed build week" backlog for people on this forum at least.

Right now we are week 15/2022 so theoretically there should be another batch of Family trims (with a small seasoning of Life and Style) currently being built - I suspect it's going to be fairly quiet in terms of news of vehicles escaping from the factory for the next 4-6 weeks, personally.
Thanks for all you do it’s appreciated.
GDC

Post by GDC »

Joule58kW wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:40 pm
Good news! Just out of interest when did you place your order? Thanks
It’s all on the tracker spreadsheet but ordered 03-Aug-21, Build Week 06-Dec-21, Delivered 12-Apr-22.
owlservice

Post by owlservice »

Morning,
I have a Max Pro Performance - Glacier White, on order as my company car. It was ordered in late October 2021. Our company's dealership finally gave me my order number yesterday - 31388535. The dealer still thinks late July for the build date, though I take that with a pinch of salt!

If this is correct, will my car be built to the new MY22.5, or is it likely to be whatever was available when I ordered?

I'm in a lucky situation as my fleet manager got me a Family Pro Performance while I wait.

Thank you.
aniketsantani

Post by aniketsantani »

Thanks for the update. i have reached out to Plan to get any update and most likely will get same as yours. I am not sure on when to draw a line. Now or 4 weeks later when we get a further date 🙄.. Nothing other than Kona is available to match the price/deal. And when I compare the Max with a Premium Kona, I feel i should just wait..
TwyRob

Post by TwyRob »

Utumno wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:06 am
furtive wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:44 am ... I'm just not sure if my Max will ever be delivered :(

I can't blame you for this; anyone with a Tour or Max on order - including me - need to fulfil their mobility needs and VW's inability to provide any kind of route to order fulfilment with any semblance of reliability means you can't rely on them.

So if you need a car for your mobility reasons by any sort of date (finance ending; new baby; job change etc) you just can't rely on VW to deliver you the vehicle you've ordered in a timely manner.
I am becoming increasingly unpopular at home as a result of this issue. Mainly because my solution to running a 2008 Saab that keeps breaking, and was supposed to be replaced by the ID3, was to sell my 1971 Beetle to get a backup car (2006 Mx5). That car has now broken badly on the day I picked up the Saab from the garage after it was off the road for 3 weeks. It seems that I can only have one working car at a time, defeating the purpose of my plan to have a backup vehicle!

If the ID3 had been on time then I would have sold the Saab before it broke and would have had time to select a weekend toy vehicle if I wanted one rather than an emergency back up.

This is firmly in the first world problems category but it's still very uncomfortable at home. Cars have been my hobby for years, I am now not able to even mention cars without some stern words.
Max Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise
Ordered 26/10/21
Delivered 21st April 2023
Indyfras

Post by Indyfras »

For anyone with a Max/Tour order with the ETA being April/May (there were a group of us who all arrived at the same time haha) - I asked for an update today and now have an updated ETA of 6 June 2022.
Before I start getting my hopes up because I am in this category did you mean 2022? (Hopes you did :D )
ID.3 Max
Ordered: 20 October 2021
Ord No: 31509XXX
Delivery: est 25 April 2022 (from order)
Supposedly BW41/2022, BW47/2022, BW50/2022, BW 51/2022, Bw48/2022, BW08/2023
Confirmed BW07/2023
In UK 17 April 2023
Picked up 29 April 2023
furtive

Post by furtive »

furtive wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:50 pm Has anyone got LinkedIn Premium? I wonder if sending a direct message to the head of VW Saxony a message to ask him where our Max and Tour's are:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/stefan-loth-7659b2208/
With a bit of research I had a guess at his email address and have sent him an email. I didn't get a delivery failure, so the email address was valid. Will let you know if I get a reply (I won't hold my breath)
ID.3 Max in Ivory White
Hypervolt charger
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

TwyRob wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:59 am
furtive wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:44 am ... I'm just not sure if my Max will ever be delivered :(

I can't blame you for this; anyone with a Tour or Max on order - including me - need to fulfil their mobility needs and VW's inability to provide any kind of route to order fulfilment with any semblance of reliability means you can't rely on them.

So if you need a car for your mobility reasons by any sort of date (finance ending; new baby; job change etc) you just can't rely on VW to deliver you the vehicle you've ordered in a timely manner.
I am becoming increasingly unpopular at home as a result of this issue. Mainly because my solution to running a 2008 Saab that keeps breaking, and was supposed to be replaced by the ID3, was to sell my 1971 Beetle to get a backup car (2006 Mx5). That car has now broken badly on the day I picked up the Saab from the garage after it was off the road for 3 weeks. It seems that I can only have one working car at a time, defeating the purpose of my plan to have a backup vehicle!

If the ID3 had been on time then I would have sold the Saab before it broke and would have had time to select a weekend toy vehicle if I wanted one rather than an emergency back up.

This is firmly in the first world problems category but it's still very uncomfortable at home. Cars have been my hobby for years, I am now not able to even mention cars without some stern words.

Might I respectfully suggest a second-hand Zoe to tide you over until the Max arrives ? Rather than relying on decades-old ICE as a "backup". You know old cars are going to break down, it's just a matter of when 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range

TwyRob

Post by TwyRob »

Utumno wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:06 am

Might I respectfully suggest a second-hand Zoe to tide you over until the Max arrives ? Rather than relying on decades-old ICE as a "backup". You know old cars are going to break down, it's just a matter of when 😂
I thought about it before getting the Mazda and before the Saab broke.

Unfortunately I am now in a sticky situation. I think that the engine on the Mazda is toast. Therefore, I have possibly lost a few thousand on that and I'm annoyed as it's a fun little car. It got me to work for a few weeks but I wasn't planning on losing all the money on it. I don't have huge funds, the ID3 was ordered to cut costs overall. I'm awaiting a verdict from a mechanic on the Mazda, I need to give it a few days for the dust to settle at home before taking it to him.

I have a couple of thousand left over that might fix the Mazda to at least make it saleable or useful. It was not supposed to be used on the car though. The Saab is working well but to get into something like a Zoe would mean selling the Saab and being without a car in the interim. Not an easy thing to do when you work an hour away.

Also, the Saab has real value in the enthusiast community as a private sale because it's a rare model whereas I worry that a used Zoe might struggle to shift privately. The trade in value of the Saab is 30% of the going rate for this model among those in the know.
Max Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise
Ordered 26/10/21
Delivered 21st April 2023
more11o

Post by more11o »

For those of you keeping track, I was originally a build week of 14 of 2022 and got confirmation a few days ago that it had now been built and was waiting for a boat.

Life Pro Performance with assistance and sports package.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

TwyRob wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:08 pm
Utumno wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:06 am

I thought about it before getting the Mazda and before the Saab broke.

Unfortunately I am now in a sticky situation. I think that the engine on the Mazda is toast. Therefore, I have possibly lost a few thousand on that and I'm annoyed as it's a fun little car. It got me to work for a few weeks but I wasn't planning on losing all the money on it. I don't have huge funds, the ID3 was ordered to cut costs overall. I'm awaiting a verdict from a mechanic on the Mazda, I need to give it a few days for the dust to settle at home before taking it to him.

I have a couple of thousand left over that might fix the Mazda to at least make it saleable or useful. It was not supposed to be used on the car though. The Saab is working well but to get into something like a Zoe would mean selling the Saab and being without a car in the interim. Not an easy thing to do when you work an hour away.

Also, the Saab has real value in the enthusiast community as a private sale because it's a rare model whereas I worry that a used Zoe might struggle to shift privately. The trade in value of the Saab is 30% of the going rate for this model among those in the know.

Bit of a trilemma 😂 Bad times re the blown engine on the newly acquired MX-5. I sympathise with the situation you're in too ... I had an RX-7 and an RX-8 back in the day myself, and quite fancied an MX-5 but when I got into one I always felt like Fred Flintstone (I'm physically large in every direction other than upwards 😂) so I never ended up buying one. The RX's went because the SO at the time kept flooding the damn engine despite my patient training, eventually reaching the point where she flung two sets of keys at my head, then effed and jeffed at me for 20 minutes or so. They were fun, but they weren't worth the earache in the end.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

more11o wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:44 pm For those of you keeping track, I was originally a build week of 14 of 2022 and got confirmation a few days ago that it had now been built and was waiting for a boat.

Life Pro Performance with assistance and sports package.

Interesting, and congratulations on another escapee. I don't think the tracking spreadsheet has your details does it ? Do you have an order date, and ideally an order number from VW (8 digits, begins with 3). I'll get it added if you're ok with sharing a few more details 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range