Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Drjb wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:27 pm Hi all,

Been following this forum since last year. I know a lot of frustration out there (me too). I ordered a Manganese tour in July last year (order 31409…). Stuck at status 20 build week 40 2021 for months. Informed yesterday by dealer status finally changed to 38 (at exit port). Maybe I’ll see it by summer…!! Thought others with a tour on order from last year might want to know/chase their dealers.

Happy as I am that your Tour appears to have escaped, would you mind giving me as many details as you're happy to, so I can go and clobber my dealer ? My update yesterday from my dealer was "no change". Our Tour was ordered early July, has a 313847xx VW order number, and is still stuck at status 20 for build week 40....

I swear to God our backup Tesla and the Tour-with-no-date are going to arrive on the driveway within hours of each other, because Murphy is alive, well and working in Zwickau.
Last edited by Utumno on Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

UKCanuck wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:21 pm 20220422_141651.jpg@Utumno

You can now update the tracker thanks, it's finally arrived!

Wonderful - glad it's finally decided to show up !!
Tesla Model Y Long Range

lynseyjaymo

Post by lynseyjaymo »

ag-indie wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:43 pm Anyone else order in October 21 & still no build week?
Yep! :roll:
Family Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey with Andoya alloys
Ordered 16th Oct 21 via Listers
#31507…
Status 20 - build week 33
Arrived in UK - Sept 22
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I ordered early September and don't have a build week. The dealer update a way back just spoke of an estimated May build but I expect that to slip.
My next update is due at the end of April.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Drjb

Post by Drjb »

Utumno wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:25 pm

Been following this forum since last year. I know a lot of frustration out there (me too). I ordered a Manganese tour in July last year (order 31409…). Stuck at status 20 build week 40 2021 for months. Informed yesterday by dealer status finally changed to 38 (at exit port). Maybe I’ll see it by summer…!! Thought others with a tour on order from last year might want to know/chase their dealers.

Happy as I am that your Tour appears to have escaped, would you mind giving me as many details as you're happy to, so I can go and clobber my dealer ? My update yesterday from my dealer was "no change". Our Tour was ordered early July, has a 313847xx VW order number, and is still stuck at status 20 for build week 40....

I swear to God our backup Tesla and the Tour-with-no-date are going to arrive on the driveway within hours of each other, because Murphy is alive, well and working in Zwickau.
Ordered last week of July. Dealer updating me at least weekly. Looks like slightly later order than yours - I’d be surprised if your status doesn’t change similarly soon. I guess arriving at exit port is still a way off from me actually receiving it….
JRF

Post by JRF »

Ordered 18/10/21
Family Pro Performance
31505xxx
Also no build week.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Drjb wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:24 pm

Ordered last week of July. Dealer updating me at least weekly. Looks like slightly later order than yours - I’d be surprised if your status doesn’t change similarly soon. I guess arriving at exit port is still a way off from me actually receiving it….

Status 38 means released to shipping, so it's built, transported from Zwickau and ready to go onto a boat at Emden. It can take a solid two weeks to go from 30 to 38, but 38 is the last code before it actually arrives in-country. Reasonably speaking you should be expecting your vehicle on your driveway 3-4 weeks after status 38 happens, though it's been known to take 6-8 weeks on occasion.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Thanks - I have let rip an absolute stinker of an email to my dealer. He'll come back with some bullshirt about component shortages or Ukraine as usual I'm sure. Will let you all know what nonsense comes back by return !
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

Hi the.kes. Yes it is really the inconsistency that is so incredibly annoying. I friend of mine ordered an identical car to me, exactly the same spec, wheels and even the same colour from the same dealer just 10 days before me.

His was delivered a couple of weeks ago, while mine has a provisional build date of week 46 this year and is unlikely to be delivered until about February next year!
Last edited by Uphamid3 on Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Utumno wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:18 pm

Thanks - I have let rip an absolute stinker of an email to my dealer. He'll come back with some bullshirt about component shortages or Ukraine as usual I'm sure. Will let you all know what nonsense comes back by return !
I'm looking forward to what crap they come back with especially if you've mentioned Drjb's order status. It's becoming more and more obvious that car orders are built and delivered regardless of when they were ordered. Pot luck central.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Bubba82

Post by Bubba82 »

Jamie1c wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:48 pm

I'm looking forward to what crap they come back with especially if you've mentioned Drjb's order status. It's becoming more and more obvious that car orders are built and delivered regardless of when they were ordered. Pot luck central.
This is why Tesla and polestar customers are happy lol when you order with them you join the back of the queue is the way I see it as you can only order online, there is no dealers and lease companies etc doing bulk orders for stock in the hope of selling them
The quick delivery cars from the online tesla and polestar must be cancelled orders that everyone can see and has a chance to grab….in one way online ordering is the way to go and stop all the stock orders and a lot of us would probably get our cars quicker and it will be first come first serve too!
ID3 family pro in Turquoise with east Derry alloys
Ordered 21/9/2021…..Cancelled 19/3/2022
Was order No 31477
Original Confirmed build week 51 2021
Build week cancelled due to MY update
New build week of 35,36 now 40 2022 status 10
Delivery not now
furtive

Post by furtive »

slug56 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:52 pm For the Max and Tour crew, especially those with BW40 2021 orders, I can confirm that contacting the VW executive office is a waste of time. They glossed over most of my questions and offered nothing beyond the "awaiting semiconductors" rhetoric.
Your vehicle has gone into build and is awaiting semi conductors, which I am sure you are aware that a number of semiconductors are required in many components within our vehicles.

Your vehicle will be a model year 22 vehicle and I am very sorry that I am unable to give you any further details at this time.
Couldn't even answer if I should reasonably expect it to arrive this side of 2023.
I just got a very similar reply from them. My car has been built but is awaiting an unknown semiconductor with an unknown ETA
ID.3 Max in Ivory White
Hypervolt charger
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Bubba82 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:42 pm
Jamie1c wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:48 pm

This is why Tesla and polestar customers are happy lol when you order with them you join the back of the queue is the way I see it as you can only order online, there is no dealers and lease companies etc doing bulk orders for stock in the hope of selling them
The quick delivery cars from the online tesla and polestar must be cancelled orders that everyone can see and has a chance to grab….in one way online ordering is the way to go and stop all the stock orders and a lot of us would probably get our cars quicker and it will be first come first serve too!
I agree, online ordering is the way to go. VW have created a cluster f*** (for lack of a better term) with their orders. There is no consistency. I'm convinced it doesn't matter when you order a car from VW, mid last year orders are not priority, Utumno's spreadsheet is proof of that.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Big277wave

Post by Big277wave »

I got an update from my dealership yesterday (Citygate, Ruislip) and the build date of my car has slipped again from week 21 five weeks ago to week 27. In September '21 it was week 6, 2022. It's still on status 10. He said that I should expect it change to status 20 (confirmed build date) about 4-5 weeks before the build starts. This car seems to permanently 12 weeks away.

Utumno can you add me to your spreadsheet please. I might have the lowest Family Pro Performance order number.
1st Ed turquoise, white interior, 9/2020
Family Pro preformance, Makena turquoise, Andoya alloys
Ordered 22/9/ 2021 replacing 1st Ed which has been unreliable
Order No 31364***, pre order from July 2021
Status 70 on 25/11/22, build wk38
Jamesv12

Post by Jamesv12 »

Just had an email from my dealer with the staggering...

"Just to confirm your car was built Yesterday ,it is still at the factory and I will keep updated once it starts to move "

I have asked if this is completed or waiting for chips and for an update code so I'll post them when I hear back. Maybe the Wk 40 2021 Tour party is finally emerging...hope others hear something soon as well.
Jamesv12

Post by Jamesv12 »

Sorry...Tour Pro S ordered Aug 2021, confirmed build Wk40 2021
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Jamesv12 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:42 am Sorry...Tour Pro S ordered Aug 2021, confirmed build Wk40 2021
Really great news if some of you long waiters are going to finally see your cars soon! Hopefully Utumno's will move soon and maybe someone else will have to take over the spreadsheet of doom! :D
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Dogcow

Post by Dogcow »

the.kes wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:48 pm
Dogcow wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:11 am Been away for a couple of weeks, not been following the thread and it’s advanced 10 pages eek. Chased my dealer while I was away, will only tell me the system still shows the car as having a confirmed build week of 11 this year. No idea if it has been built, where it may be, when it might show up. Insane.

Thinking about getting some vinyl graphics made for the car along the lines of “VW took 1 year to deliver this car, don’t bother ordering one” Applying them at the dealer when I eventually collect it. I have reached that stage where I’m annoyed, not about the delay but about this bullshit attitude of “let’s pretend we don’t know anything”.
Not that I am jealous (I am really) but I cannot understand how a car ordered ONE day before mine has a confirmed build week of 11/2022 whilst mine is still status 10 for week 27/2022, same model. if someone at VW could explain the logic behind their methodology, I would be amazed as well as jealous.
It’s barmy mate. Just to make you more jealous I just got a call…. Status 30 it’s built and in transit from the factory! Update the sheet! Shocked.
—————-
Family Pro Performance ordered 15/9/21
Original build week fifty something
Build Week 11 2022
Code 30 - 23/4/22
Code 36 / 38 / 39 - the following week
Code 40 - 29/4/22
Expected at dealer 10/5/22
Arrived at dealer 16/5/22
Collected 24/5/22
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

Great news only one build week before mine (ordered 15/8/21)
Steviepeas

Post by Steviepeas »

I ordered White id3 in beginning of October '21 been in touch with the main dealer today, not even a glimmer of a build projection as yet. Is the build randomly selected or is there a system