Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
duncsand

Post by duncsand »

Verboten wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:09 am Looking to place an order for an ID.3. My quoted wait time [via a dealer on Carwow] was 62 weeks!

Is this about normal these days?

And won't VW bring out a new model between now and then that's better than the one available now?
Sounds correct - my dealer told me that's the estimated time for a new order.
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, build week 25, confirmed built 1st July, collected from dealer 20th July.

Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Verboten wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:09 am Looking to place an order for an ID.3. My quoted wait time [via a dealer on Carwow] was 62 weeks!

Is this about normal these days?

And won't VW bring out a new model between now and then that's better than the one available now?
As far as I know, the Max and tour trims are just temporary on hold for sale just now so they can play catch up. It's anyone's guess when they'll be available for order again.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

Jamie1c wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:52 pm
Steviepeas wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:34 pm I ordered White id3 in beginning of October '21 been in touch with the main dealer today, not even a glimmer of a build projection as yet. Is the build randomly selected or is there a system
It looks to me like it's randomly selected. There will be a system no doubt but looking in from the outside, that system is picking builds out of a hat.
I think VW should let their customers know (many of whom will be repeat customers) exactly on what basis orders are fulfilled because it is clear from the spreadsheet and conversations on here, nobody outside of VW has any idea of what is going on. Were it not for the discount and deposit contribution, I would have blown this order out a long time ago simply on the basis of not knowing WTF is going on. I see other forum users ordering near identical cars to mine but getting ahead of me in the delivery/build process and I cannot begrudge them that success but it does stick in my throat.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

Stig2011 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:05 am Just to confirm the apparent randomness of order scheduling we had an email end of last week from the dealer advising that our Life Pro Performance ordered October last year was at the docks in the UK. Other than not being a tour or max and not having matrix lights seems to be no rhyme or reason why our car has been built in front of others. We did wonder whether being the less popular scale silver was somehow relevant if they paint the bodies in batches of the same colour - but then if white is more popular they would just have more batches of white and I’ve no idea whether they paint in batches or in any order. It really does seem to be a lottery. Car was ordered with Assistance Plus pack, so slightly nervous to see what it turns up with. I’m really hoping/ expecting it still comes with Travel Assist (given it was dropped from the configurator description of the Assistance Plus Pack for MY22.5) as not too fussed about parking aids.
Did you have a build week previously? Or did it just arrive?
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

the.kes wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:17 am
Jamie1c wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:52 pm
Steviepeas wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:34 pm I ordered White id3 in beginning of October '21 been in touch with the main dealer today, not even a glimmer of a build projection as yet. Is the build randomly selected or is there a system
It looks to me like it's randomly selected. There will be a system no doubt but looking in from the outside, that system is picking builds out of a hat.
I think VW should let their customers know (many of whom will be repeat customers) exactly on what basis orders are fulfilled because it is clear from the spreadsheet and conversations on here, nobody outside of VW has any idea of what is going on. Were it not for the discount and deposit contribution, I would have blown this order out a long time ago simply on the basis of not knowing WTF is going on. I see other forum users ordering near identical cars to mine but getting ahead of me in the delivery/build process and I cannot begrudge them that success but it does stick in my throat.
Absolutely mate, VW are not very forthcoming with much info accept the regurgitated chip issue excuse.

I'd have done the same but I'm in my 9th month of waiting now and there's no way I'm cancelling now.

Same, I'm happy for the ones getting their cars and yeah, it does stick in the throat a bit when you have no idea when the eff our cars will arrive several months after ordering..due to near non existent comms from vw.

I can't wait to see what Utumno's dealer has to say in reply to his email he sent. Popcorn at the ready. 😁
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Jamie1c wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:36 am I can't wait to see what Utumno's dealer has to say in reply to his email he sent. Popcorn at the ready. 😁

I suspect you'll be waiting a while. This was the latest response, which came in 2 days after my stinker of an email :
Thanks for your email.

I will email Volkswagen UK with details of the situation regarding the Tour you mention being built before your car and advise.

I have checked the system again this morning and the status remains unchanged.

I will update you as soon as VW UK respond to my email.
I'm expecting VW UK to give the usual bullshirt runaround ("silicon chips"/🤷‍♂️/"Ukraine" etc) and provide no new information. At the outside they'll say "it's in step 7 of 8" or some such falsely encouraging news without actually saying anything overmuch.

Honestly, SWMBO and I basically almost certainly decided to cancel the ID.3 this week (she never liked it much anyway, as regular readers may recall) regardless of what happens now. I expect to be receiving the collection date for the Model Y backstop in the next couple weeks or so (Shanghai COVID lockdowns permitting!) and SWMBO is much more onboard with spending the extra on the Tesla than sticking with this shirtshow of a delivery process for a vehicle she doesn't much like.

Fear not intrepid ID.3 build spreadsheet watchers; I'm happy to invest time and effort until it's no longer needed irrespective of driving an ID.3 or not, for as long as you'll have me 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
daern

Post by daern »

Utumno wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:29 am Fear not intrepid ID.3 build spreadsheet watchers; I'm happy to invest time and effort until it's no longer needed irrespective of driving an ID.3 or not, for as long as you'll have me 😂
What a champion you are! Might I ask - what's the current lead-time on a Model Y?
Cupra Born V2 - Vapor Grey
Lease order placed in Jan '22
Dealer order placed in March '22
Build date confirmed, delivery due late-July '22
ID.3 Family Pro - ordered Jan, optimistically due end of '22. Cancelled in Feb
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

Sad to hear that but its totally understandable. Its insane that that they've kept you waiting as long as you have. Its doubly worse that their comms are as bad as they are.

I've said it before on here, if there was some form of regular communications when you have an ongoing delay, it wouldn't feel anywhere near as bad. This isn't just on the dealership level, but at the group level. I think everyone here was originally told they would be waiting probably 3-6 months and pretty much everyone here is already waiting more than that for production to start and a handful have been waiting that long while the car has been in production. If it wasn't for us actually poking our dealers, we wouldn't have gotten anything beyond that letter that everyone in the UK was sent.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

@Utumno that is disappointing but totally understandable. There should be no excuse for the time you've waited. Shameful on VWs part.
Your spreadsheet is an invaluable wealth of info.

This is the first time I've ever dealt with VW and will more than likely be my last. First impressions..shit sticks etc etc.

Also, I'm convinced more than ever now that orders from July, August and so on, the dealerships knew full well the given lead times were utter bull and they just wanted the orders coming in.
If I was told at the time of ordering that I wouldn't have the car before the end of 2021 I would not have entertained it and would've walked.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Big277wave

Post by Big277wave »

How long do we think it will be before the new COVID-19 lockdowns in China are blamed for more delays in the production,? My guess would be about 4 weeks given that Shanghai and Beijing look likely to go into some kind of lockdown.
1st Ed turquoise, white interior, 9/2020
Family Pro preformance, Makena turquoise, Andoya alloys
Ordered 22/9/ 2021 replacing 1st Ed which has been unreliable
Order No 31364***, pre order from July 2021
Status 70 on 25/11/22, build wk38
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

My nephew lives in Shanghai and they have been in a very, very strictly enforced lockdown for some time now, with the situation now going into its second month. He was due to fly home at the end of March, but is unable to leave his apartment - so the lockdown has already had a very severe impact on industrial production, and caused widespread disruption to shipping.

Whether VW source essential components from the Shanghai region I have no idea, but it is widely anticipated that the effects of the lockdown will manifest itself on supplies to the west in the next four weeks.
Jimboc

Post by Jimboc »

Hi there,
this is my first time on the forum and i have to say that trawling through this thread is far more informative than trying to speak to an actual human.
I ordered my ID3 last October through a company car scheme at work via Lex Autolease and was told end of April 22, this has now moved out to 31/12/22 apparently.
Appears lots of us are in the same very frustrating boat.
Order Date - 16/10/21
Model Ordered - 150kw Life Pro Performance, Moonstone grey
Dealer - Lex Autolease via company car scheme.
Build Week - 41, Built, awaiting shipment.
1st ETA - 29/04/22
2nd ETA - 30/12/22
3rd ETA - Oct 22
4th ETA - Jan 23
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

daern wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:36 am
Utumno wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:29 am Fear not intrepid ID.3 build spreadsheet watchers; I'm happy to invest time and effort until it's no longer needed irrespective of driving an ID.3 or not, for as long as you'll have me 😂
What a champion you are! Might I ask - what's the current lead-time on a Model Y?

Varies a bit by colour, spec and options but Aug-Oct 2022 is being quoted. I suspect there might be stock available in June of popular combinations but you’ll have to be quick to reserve to get one.

Ours is scheduled for collection sometime in June but I don’t have a VIN yet. All will become much clearer in the next couple of weeks due to the time it takes to ship from Shanghai.

The recent Shanghai COVID lockdowns have had a 3 week or so impact on the original timeline, and so June might slip to July for all sorts of reasons.

Frankly as soon as I have a VIN the rest is just waiting it out.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Stig2011

Post by Stig2011 »

ag-indie wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:19 am
Stig2011 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:05 am Just to confirm the apparent randomness of order scheduling we had an email end of last week from the dealer advising that our Life Pro Performance ordered October last year was at the docks in the UK. Other than not being a tour or max and not having matrix lights seems to be no rhyme or reason why our car has been built in front of others. We did wonder whether being the less popular scale silver was somehow relevant if they paint the bodies in batches of the same colour - but then if white is more popular they would just have more batches of white and I’ve no idea whether they paint in batches or in any order. It really does seem to be a lottery. Car was ordered with Assistance Plus pack, so slightly nervous to see what it turns up with. I’m really hoping/ expecting it still comes with Travel Assist (given it was dropped from the configurator description of the Assistance Plus Pack for MY22.5) as not too fussed about parking aids.
Did you have a build week previously? Or did it just arrive?
I hadn't bothered contacting the dealer given I didn't expect to hear any news until later this year, but did email end of January to ask whether we could change the colour to be told that the car had a confirmed build of week 9 (28th Feb), but with normal caveat that that could change. I obviously didn't change the colour! I was more than a bit sceptical given reports of others' build weeks or lack of and then Putin started his war so assumed would definitely be summer or later. I was planning to follow up end of April, but dealer got in contact before then. If I hadn't enquired about change of colour then it would have just turned up - but to be fair to the dealer, they said they would not be in contact until they had any definite news.
Life Pro Performance/Assistance Pack/Scale Silver/ East Derry Wheels
Skilldo

Post by Skilldo »

My dealer just emailed me to say I now have a confirmed build week 20. It's come forward a couple of weeks. Hoping it arrives in time for my birthday at the end of June but not confident.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance, East Derry Alloys, Bike Hitch
Ordered 15/9/21
Delivered 18/6/22
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Update from my dealer today.
Build week 34 August. October delivery.
That is 1 month outside of the grant 12 month cut off.
Makes no sense. Skilldo in the post above ordered 1 week after me and has a build week of 20.
Hi Utumno. Can you please update my details.
Many thanks. Dave
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

Update today from dealer to say planned week is now Wk21. Still seems a bit early so not getting hopes up. Think I might wait till it's actually delivered for that to happen.
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)
Busman

Post by Busman »

Just received news that my ID.3 Comfort spec with Heat pump is on the boat to Ireland.Will have it in 4 weeks or so.Not bad given that I was given a build week of 39 back in November ,which then moved to build week 18.Suddenly out of the blue I have a car heading my way,I am thinking cancellation.I am nervously wondering whether or not it will have software 3.0.
ID.3 Comfort with heat pump,
Scala silver.
Ordered 30th November 2021.
Build week 39 ,changed to build week 18.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Congratulation Busman.
Maybe I get lucky next time a name is pulled out of the hat. 😁
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

That's brilliant news! It's sounds like a cancellation considering they never gave you any heads up. It'll be interesting to see if it's a MY22.5, if it is you'd be one of the first in Ireland to get one!
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022