Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
McLaren

Post by McLaren »

Am getting to the point now to get some something else as vw are a joke.
Tour, Glacier white
Ordered October 6th 2021
Order number: 31491xxx
Build week 13 confirmed now
JCT600 York
Now been waiting over 19 months

Now cancelled order. Now getting a renault megane e tech.

Bonnet referral code: R5Z4V

Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Utumno wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:29 am
Jamie1c wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:36 am I can't wait to see what Utumno's dealer has to say in reply to his email he sent. Popcorn at the ready. 😁

I suspect you'll be waiting a while. This was the latest response, which came in 2 days after my stinker of an email :
Thanks for your email.

I will email Volkswagen UK with details of the situation regarding the Tour you mention being built before your car and advise.

I have checked the system again this morning and the status remains unchanged.

I will update you as soon as VW UK respond to my email.
I'm expecting VW UK to give the usual bullshirt runaround ("silicon chips"/🤷‍♂️/"Ukraine" etc) and provide no new information. At the outside they'll say "it's in step 7 of 8" or some such falsely encouraging news without actually saying anything overmuch.

Honestly, SWMBO and I basically almost certainly decided to cancel the ID.3 this week (she never liked it much anyway, as regular readers may recall) regardless of what happens now. I expect to be receiving the collection date for the Model Y backstop in the next couple weeks or so (Shanghai COVID lockdowns permitting!) and SWMBO is much more onboard with spending the extra on the Tesla than sticking with this shirtshow of a delivery process for a vehicle she doesn't much like.

Fear not intrepid ID.3 build spreadsheet watchers; I'm happy to invest time and effort until it's no longer needed irrespective of driving an ID.3 or not, for as long as you'll have me 😂
So sorry to hear that but there is life after VW. After 8 months of waiting with little to go on, I have already now done 1300 miles in my new EV6 delivered on April 4th. I am loving it. Great car. Not an ID3 but it does have some compensations like 200kW plus charging (if it's warm enough!), great looks and handling. Hope you will be happy with your Model Y!! Many thanks for all your support on the forum!

20220420_145349.jpg

20220420_150345.jpg

Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Stig2011

Post by Stig2011 »

Stig2011 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:26 pm
ag-indie wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:19 am
Stig2011 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:05 am Just to confirm the apparent randomness of order scheduling we had an email end of last week from the dealer advising that our Life Pro Performance ordered October last year was at the docks in the UK. Other than not being a tour or max and not having matrix lights seems to be no rhyme or reason why our car has been built in front of others. We did wonder whether being the less popular scale silver was somehow relevant if they paint the bodies in batches of the same colour - but then if white is more popular they would just have more batches of white and I’ve no idea whether they paint in batches or in any order. It really does seem to be a lottery. Car was ordered with Assistance Plus pack, so slightly nervous to see what it turns up with. I’m really hoping/ expecting it still comes with Travel Assist (given it was dropped from the configurator description of the Assistance Plus Pack for MY22.5) as not too fussed about parking aids.
Did you have a build week previously? Or did it just arrive?
I hadn't bothered contacting the dealer given I didn't expect to hear any news until later this year, but did email end of January to ask whether we could change the colour to be told that the car had a confirmed build of week 9 (28th Feb), but with normal caveat that that could change. I obviously didn't change the colour! I was more than a bit sceptical given reports of others' build weeks or lack of and then Putin started his war so assumed would definitely be summer or later. I was planning to follow up end of April, but dealer got in contact before then. If I hadn't enquired about change of colour then it would have just turned up - but to be fair to the dealer, they said they would not be in contact until they had any definite news.
So I had a sneaking suspicion that all was too good to be true. Had an email from dealer to advise that car has been built with Assistance Pack and not Assistance Plus Pack as ordered. This means no Travel Assist, which was the main reason chose a Life and not Family with Matrix Lights as couldn't specify the Assistance Plus Pack on a Family spec at the time we ordered. Dealer says he thinks VW must have changed the option code on order in January when they manually changed 10,000 orders to MY22.5. As you can imagine, somewhat puts a downer on purchase, although I remind myself that the car has been built and my house is not being shelled.

Not sure whether this is a fat finger input error (in which case the spec of new cars is now subject to the same lottery as the build order process) or whether a change that has been applied across all MY22.5 Life orders with Assistance Plus Pack and VW have 'forgotten' to tell anyone! We will still accept the car (we have little other choice) and I supose wait and see what functions/ features it has when delivered.
Life Pro Performance/Assistance Pack/Scale Silver/ East Derry Wheels
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

Stig, Hopefully this reply is helpful
Dan, one of the numbers doesn't match up on that screenshot. My paperwork says WD4 assistance pack plus, but the screenshot says WD1 assistance pack.
I hope you are well,

I have done a bit of research on this as I have had the same query before, because of the model year change the equipment number has changed but should be the same level equipment as ordered so please do not worry nothing has changed physically!

I will update you in due course,
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

mediaguy wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:49 pm Stig, Hopefully this reply is helpful
Dan, one of the numbers doesn't match up on that screenshot. My paperwork says WD4 assistance pack plus, but the screenshot says WD1 assistance pack.
I hope you are well,

I have done a bit of research on this as I have had the same query before, because of the model year change the equipment number has changed but should be the same level equipment as ordered so please do not worry nothing has changed physically!

🤔

Not wishing to be 'that guy' about this, but this might just mean that you are not going to get the Assistance Pack Plus features either, right ?

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that VW didn't actually intend to permit the Assistance Pack Plus as an option on the Life at all and 'corrected' it in the backend from WD4 to WD1.

That said, the 29-Sep-2021 brochure does indeed bear you out that VW supposedly offered it (though I was previously unaware it was a £2000 option 😱)
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Stig2011 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:06 pm
Stig2011 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:26 pm
ag-indie wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:19 am

Did you have a build week previously? Or did it just arrive?
I hadn't bothered contacting the dealer given I didn't expect to hear any news until later this year, but did email end of January to ask whether we could change the colour to be told that the car had a confirmed build of week 9 (28th Feb), but with normal caveat that that could change. I obviously didn't change the colour! I was more than a bit sceptical given reports of others' build weeks or lack of and then Putin started his war so assumed would definitely be summer or later. I was planning to follow up end of April, but dealer got in contact before then. If I hadn't enquired about change of colour then it would have just turned up - but to be fair to the dealer, they said they would not be in contact until they had any definite news.
So I had a sneaking suspicion that all was too good to be true. Had an email from dealer to advise that car has been built with Assistance Pack and not Assistance Plus Pack as ordered. This means no Travel Assist, which was the main reason chose a Life and not Family with Matrix Lights as couldn't specify the Assistance Plus Pack on a Family spec at the time we ordered. Dealer says he thinks VW must have changed the option code on order in January when they manually changed 10,000 orders to MY22.5. As you can imagine, somewhat puts a downer on purchase, although I remind myself that the car has been built and my house is not being shelled.

Not sure whether this is a fat finger input error (in which case the spec of new cars is now subject to the same lottery as the build order process) or whether a change that has been applied across all MY22.5 Life orders with Assistance Plus Pack and VW have 'forgotten' to tell anyone! We will still accept the car (we have little other choice) and I supose wait and see what functions/ features it has when delivered.

Presumably they're knocking at least £960 off the price too, given they've built the car incorrectly ?
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Stig2011

Post by Stig2011 »

Utumno wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:05 pm
mediaguy wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:49 pm Stig, Hopefully this reply is helpful
I hope you are well,

🤔

Not wishing to be 'that guy' about this, but this might just mean that you are not going to get the Assistance Pack Plus features either, right ?

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that VW didn't actually intend to permit the Assistance Pack Plus as an option on the Life at all and 'corrected' it in the backend from WD4 to WD1.

That said, the 29-Sep-2021 brochure does indeed bear you out that VW supposedly offered it (though I was previously unaware it was a £2000 option 😱)
Thanks both. Well I hope it is just a reference change, but I fear Utumno may be right. Yes, the price is being reduced, just waiting to hear by how much.
Life Pro Performance/Assistance Pack/Scale Silver/ East Derry Wheels
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

On my iPad I have a folder speculatively entitled "ID3", it contains the WeConnect app and the Hive one for the charger. I'm now going to put my National Lottery app in there as well as the chances of winning are about the same.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

Maybe I'm just positive, but I don't read it that way.

More11o said what was the assistance pack is now the base car, my dealer is saying what was the assistance plus pack is now called the assistance pack. As there is only one trim now (despite there being a standard option called assistance in there) we can't really be sure until Stig or I get the car. Perhaps you're reading "ordered" as "what the dealer ordered" and I'm saying "what I ordered". The paperwork on my side does clearly say plus pack, so he is right that it has changed over the new year.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
DiskoBill

Post by DiskoBill »

I've just had the call to say my Tour order has also gone to code 38. So another one seems to have escaped. I assume it's a MY22, it still says it is on the order. Will post details when it arrives.

I really hope this is a sign that other long standing Tour and Max orders are finally being finished.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

DiskoBill wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:47 am I've just had the call to say my Tour order has also gone to code 38. So another one seems to have escaped. I assume it's a MY22, it still says it is on the order. Will post details when it arrives.

I really hope this is a sign that other long standing Tour and Max orders are finally being finished.
That's excellent news 👍
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

I would laugh if the day Utumno decides to cancel he gets the call to say it's released to port.

Just when I thought I was out, they dragged me back in
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

So…….. we have also had positive news today on our order, build week has moved from 37 to 21, life Pro, andoya’s, makena, assistance pack plus.

Ordered 04/08/21
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
Adam1980

Post by Adam1980 »

My build is meant to be next week. I’m suddenly hopeful after seeing all these cars get built and shipped recently
Andy1966

Post by Andy1966 »

After my comments about lack of contact from my dealer, they sent me an email saying due to production starting again that I will receive a Order number and build week soon.
Not holding my breath but as there seems to be some movement on orders you never know!
Still not expecting the car until the end of the year at the earliest mind you .....
Ordered 31st Oct 2021 - Family Pro Performance
Original delivery date 31/04/2022 now 12/01/2023
Updated build date Wk 50
Finally collected 21/01/23
Order number 31064***
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

There definitely seems to have been some serious action at the factory, hopefully a lot of the part built cars are now getting out of the way.

Wish I could say the same for my Q4 etron I have on order, ordered same day, now week 10 2023 😞
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

I suspect as we see the horrific far right extremist cesspit Musk will create with Twitter we might start seeing some Tesla cancellations. But that’s a different story.
Glad some of you guys are finally starting to see some light at the end of the ID3 tunnel!
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
mathcrabby

Post by mathcrabby »

Update from dealer today, I now have a 'confirmed' build week of 19 May. They did warn however that they still have cars with earlier 'confirmed' build weeks that are still not built, so it's nice to at least see they're acknowledging that it's an unpredictable mess :)

Still hoping to see a MY22.5 if anyone can post one?
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

mathcrabby wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:53 pm Update from dealer today, I now have a 'confirmed' build week of 19 May. They did warn however that they still have cars with earlier 'confirmed' build weeks that are still not built, so it's nice to at least see they're acknowledging that it's an unpredictable mess :)

Still hoping to see a MY22.5 if anyone can post one?
When did you order & what spec? Hope you get it pretty quickly!
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
mathcrabby

Post by mathcrabby »

@ag-indie full details on Utumno's epic spreadsheet. Family Pro Performance, Sep '21. Originally targeted at BW51 last year :D