Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Just reading the tea leaves! When you compare their actual performance against literally everyone else named, they’re a slamdunk bottom of the list by any measure I can think of 😞

I guess what I’m really saying is that if your order is through Marshalls, expect a disproportionately long wait for your vehicle based on the data.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

tomstring wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:58 am I ordered mine from a Motorline dealership that is now a Marshalls. Does that make me a hybrid?

I think it means that your vehicle hasn’t been “Marshallsed”. 😂

Your Family was ordered 15 Aug 2021 on a 31428xxx order number and is built and in transit to the UK.

In comparison poor @butternut ordered 27 Aug 2021 and their Family isn’t due to go into build until 3 Oct 2022 on a 3132xxxx order number.

I couldn’t find any other examples from any other dealers of such disparities, from the data available. And all of Marshalls customers seem to suffer.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Just spoke to my dealership, my car is still status 10 and no build week 🤦🏼‍♂️
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Jamie1c wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 12:10 pm Just spoke to my dealership, my car is still status 10 and no build week 🤦🏼‍♂️

That’s actually not possible as far as I’m aware. Status 10 means there’s an unconfirmed build week. You can’t have status 10 without some sort of build week, even if it’s not confirmed.

If you don’t have any sort of build week, that’s status 00. If you’re status 10, you have an unconfirmed build week.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Utumno wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 12:18 pm
Jamie1c wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 12:10 pm Just spoke to my dealership, my car is still status 10 and no build week 🤦🏼‍♂️

That’s actually not possible as far as I’m aware. Status 10 means there’s an unconfirmed build week. You can’t have status 10 without some sort of build week, even if it’s not confirmed.

If you don’t have any sort of build week, that’s status 00. If you’re status 10, you have an unconfirmed build week.
I've no idea mate, he said it was status 10 and I asked if there was a build week, he said no. Maybe there is an unconfirmed build week but he didn't mention it.

Next time I speak to them it will be them phoning me. I just feel deflated every time I get off the phone with them.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
N21

Post by N21 »

I think I’m status 10 at my dealer but they don’t want to tell me what it is until it’s confirmed and locked, which I suppose is fair enough given the circumstances and the wild week shifts people here have had!
Turquoise

Post by Turquoise »

Utumno wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:29 am Just reading the tea leaves! When you compare their actual performance against literally everyone else named, they’re a slamdunk bottom of the list by any measure I can think of 😞

I guess what I’m really saying is that if your order is through Marshalls, expect a disproportionately long wait for your vehicle based on the data.
Does that include Marshall's fleet? :cry:
Family PP (Turquoise with East Derry alloys)
Ordered Oct '21 (Tusker/Marshall Fleet)
Built '22 wk33, delivered wk41

Zappi 7kW Black tethered
4.5kWp solar with 7.5kWh battery

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-sun-45
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Am I right in thinking that demand for the ID3 has fallen off a cliff recently? Looking at Utumno’s spreadsheet (thanks again for your efforts!), it seems that only a handful of orders have been placed by members this year. Given the uncertainty on lead times and abysmal communication from VW, I would not be entirely surprised (and Germany’s ambivalent attitude to what is happening in Ukraine will not have helped).
Family Pro Performance Moonstone Grey
Ordered 26 Nov 2021
Listers Nuneaton
Order No: 31568xxx
Build week : Unconfirmed
Delivered: 23 Sept 22
White Zappi 7kW - Tethered
N21

Post by N21 »

Skippy wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:44 pm Am I right in thinking that demand for the ID3 has fallen off a cliff recently? Looking at Utumno’s spreadsheet (thanks again for your efforts!), it seems that only a handful of orders have been placed by members this year. Given the uncertainty on lead times and abysmal communication from VW, I would not be entirely surprised (and Germany’s ambivalent attitude to what is happening in Ukraine will not have helped).
Wouldn’t surprise me; aren’t order estimates at 60+ weeks now? Big turnoff for new buyers.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Skippy wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:44 pm Am I right in thinking that demand for the ID3 has fallen off a cliff recently? Looking at Utumno’s spreadsheet (thanks again for your efforts!), it seems that only a handful of orders have been placed by members this year. Given the uncertainty on lead times and abysmal communication from VW, I would not be entirely surprised (and Germany’s ambivalent attitude to what is happening in Ukraine will not have helped).

I think a combination of price, PICG withdrawal, relatively low specification, total lack of clarity on delivery times, expensive finance, inflation and new entrants to the market have conspired to reduce new orders for the ID.3

I genuinely think this is what VW wants as well, and they’ll be perfectly happy to continue this approach through 2023 at least so they can focus on shipping other marques and more profitable models.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

tomstring

Post by tomstring »

I ordered my ID3 on a whim one Saturday morning last August having been on the verge of ordering a Cupra Formentor. I loved the look of the ID3 from its launch the previous summer but never thought I could afford one. The July 2021 price drop bringing it below the OLEV grant threshold, the VW contribution and the Carwow discount clinched it for me. If I was ordering from scratch today I’d be hard pushed to choose what to order, possibly a hybrid.
Last edited by tomstring on Mon May 02, 2022 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

We also wouldn't have ordered one at today's price. I had a rough budget of £30k and wanted some of the Family spec features so if I hadn't been able to get a Family for a little over 30 then we'd have just kept our old ICE a bit longer.
My reading of the tea leaves (mainly on this website) is that VW initially struggled to shift them (hence early discounts) then from early summer through to autumn 2021 there seem to have been loads of people ordering them who perhaps took VW by surprise (perhaps people coming out after the biggest lockdown, perhaps people reading up on the car and deciding they were willing to risk the updated software.) With the supply chain issues VW had/have, they fell increasingly behind and wanted to get several new EV models out in the next few months so gradually jacked the ID3 price to discourage more orders except for those they would make a big profit on (first above the grant threshold in November, and then even more when the single spec came out.)
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Bubba82

Post by Bubba82 »

Had my local VW garage phone today as my current PCP ends later this year, said I had ordered a ID3 but cancelled it with one reason been the unknown status of gov grant expiring after 9 months and even they didn’t know what will happen…so that is 2 different VW dealer groups and VW UK who haven’t, can’t and don’t want to answer my question about the grant after it expire - totally irrelevant now as I don’t need the grant now but I thought I would ask lol
ID3 family pro in Turquoise with east Derry alloys
Ordered 21/9/2021…..Cancelled 19/3/2022
Was order No 31477
Original Confirmed build week 51 2021
Build week cancelled due to MY update
New build week of 35,36 now 40 2022 status 10
Delivery not now
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

I'm trying to find the article but read yesterday that VW hope to boost production for second half of this year.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/manufa ... cts-supply I found this with quick Google but am sure I saw a much more recent article.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
rags

Post by rags »

My car has been built and is now on its way to the UK. Confirmed by dealer as well as an email from VW. Car is a family and was ordered at the end of August 2021.
eirofarr

Post by eirofarr »

We had a call from the dealer yesterday that our car has been built and will soon be on it's way to the UK. expected mid to late May hand over.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Dealer has just “updated” us :
I have just heard back from Volkswagen UK.

They advised me that your car is at checkpoint 7 of 8. The delay they state is due to the shortage of micro chips and they are working hard to finish the build and dispatch the most overdue cars.

They are still unfortunately unable to supply a confirmed timeframe from Germany.
Useless.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Utumno wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:41 am Dealer has just “updated” us :
I have just heard back from Volkswagen UK.

They advised me that your car is at checkpoint 7 of 8. The delay they state is due to the shortage of micro chips and they are working hard to finish the build and dispatch the most overdue cars.

They are still unfortunately unable to supply a confirmed timeframe from Germany.
Useless.
More than useless. I cannot see how you keep your cool over this as there have been later build week Tour's been built and in transit.
That so called 7 of 8 is the standard answer they have given for months.
Do you still have the Tesla on order?
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
SDH7

Post by SDH7 »

Morning all, long time lurker but got an ID4 on order via NHS fleet solutions via special offer in January.
Haven't got order number unfortunately but it's been ordered via Pulman VW in the north east.

Had my first dealer update a couple of weeks ago (bearing in mind these were supposed to be delivered in April). Unconfirmed build week of 15/08, no estimated date of arrival. I asked therefore could I alter the colour. Nope - apparently once the order has been accepted no further changes are allowed. This sounds like a cop out to me - I thought changes could be made until the build week was locked/confirmed?

Also just to add further to my annoyance, those who ordered their special offer ID4's in March have been taking delivery of their cars. Not sure how. But I've emailed to ask.
ID4 Life Pure
Status 30 as of 16/06
NHS Fleet Order from VW Pulman