Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Utumno wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:17 pm They'll be leaving from Emden and come into one of a few possible ports depending on your dealership location. Sheerness and Grimsby are two, I can't remember the rest!

Thanks! Here's hoping it's on one of those ships this week.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Newfie wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:49 am
Utumno wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:41 am Dealer has just “updated” us :
I have just heard back from Volkswagen UK.

They advised me that your car is at checkpoint 7 of 8. The delay they state is due to the shortage of micro chips and they are working hard to finish the build and dispatch the most overdue cars.

They are still unfortunately unable to supply a confirmed timeframe from Germany.
Useless.
More than useless. I cannot see how you keep your cool over this as there have been later build week Tour's been built and in transit.
That so called 7 of 8 is the standard answer they have given for months.

My 'cool' is legendary, and not that easily flappable 😎.

Seriously though, it's not like I have any control over the ID.3 build so it's not worth venting too much gas over it. The dealer is "chocolate fireguard" useless but ultimately VW is clearly treating him like a mushroom and there's no point shooting the messenger.

That said we've already decided (well, strictly speaking SWMBO has unilaterally dinged the Tour from existence, but let's not split hairs 😂) that we now won't be accepting the Tour irrespective of what happens, we just haven't cancelled the order yet mostly because SWMBO takes what I consider to be a somewhat macabre pleasure in annoying the dealer. I don't understand this, but she seems to be enjoying herself, so 🤷‍♂️.
Newfie wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:49 am Do you still have the Tesla on order?

We do ! Its current estimated delivery date is somewhere between 31 May and 30 June; I generally expect this date to move into July at least though given Shanghai's current lockdown and the fact no UK-bound ships have yet left China carrying Teslas for the UK.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
McLaren

Post by McLaren »

Have had a reply back from the salesman and now says week 44.
Tour, Glacier white
Ordered October 6th 2021
Order number: 31491xxx
Build week 13 confirmed now
JCT600 York
Now been waiting over 19 months

Now cancelled order. Now getting a renault megane e tech.

Bonnet referral code: R5Z4V
MLB_ID3

Post by MLB_ID3 »

I've had an update from my Dealer. My build week which was week 19 has slipped to week 22 (slipped by three weeks). I was expecting that as I was told week 19 before the Ukraine war. It's still at status 10 so could slip but hopefully it won't. My order is a PCP finance order through a main dealer in Birmingham. It's not a lease deal. The dealer did say the ID3s have been badly hit with delays and mentioned on top of the chip shortage also the wiring loom challenge and it's had it's impact on used car prices generally and on their cash flow. He did also say he's got a 10k mileage ID3 Family up for sale for more than than a new ID3 car sale price at the moment.... madness!
Order date: 9th October
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya Alloys
Original delivery estimates: March, April, May now Autumn
Previous build weeks: 19, 22
Estimated build week: 2022 wk38
** Cancelled **
slug56

Post by slug56 »

Impatience got the better of me and I phoned in for an update after a few days without reply to my email. My BW40 Max is now built and at status 30, so I'm hoping my latest delivery estimate of early June isn't too far out.

Thanks Utumno for helping me arrive at my own estimates and conclusions when VW have so far been unable to tell me if it's even going to arrive this year. Fingers crossed for your own update soon, even if you won't be keeping it.
Max Pro Performance, Glacier White, 18" East Derrys, MY22
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

we now won't be accepting the Tour irrespective of what happens,
You may not be in the position to do this, but if the second-hand value of the tour is higher than your quote, can you just flip it? I know it's a mobility order, so that might have terms and conditions that block that kind of thing.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

slug56 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:22 pm Impatience got the better of me and I phoned in for an update after a few days without reply to my email. My BW40 Max is now built and at status 30, so I'm hoping my latest delivery estimate of early June isn't too far out.

It's good to see these "older" vehicles shifting out of Zwickau, particularly the Tour and Max models people have been waiting for. I hope your vehicle gives you much pleasure when it arrives!

slug56 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:22 pm Thanks Utumno for helping me arrive at my own estimates and conclusions when VW have so far been unable to tell me if it's even going to arrive this year. Fingers crossed for your own update soon, even if you won't be keeping it.

You're most welcome, it's the good people of this forum that really helped by providing their order details ... I just wrote it down 😂 As ever I'm glad the collective efforts helped people in some small way.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

mediaguy wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:50 pm
we now won't be accepting the Tour irrespective of what happens,
You may not be in the position to do this, but if the second-hand value of the tour is higher than your quote, can you just flip it? I know it's a mobility order, so that might have terms and conditions that block that kind of thing.

What we decided to do was turn up with someone we know locally who ordered their Motability Tour late last year and currently doesn't have a build date, cancel our order in person and then ensure that the dealership reallocates our Tour onto their Motability order - which is basically the same as fulfilling a stock vehicle which I know is easy and quick.

At least this way this gets a vehicle into the hands of a disabled motorist more quickly, the dealer doesn't make any less money, and the dealer has the possibility of a huge profit when the Tour ordered late 2021 actually arrives. I could convert it to a cash sale and make a few quid, but I'd prefer to see a Motability motorist benefit sooner if it all possible. I'm sure the dealer will kick up a fuss, which is why we're both turning up in person; it's much harder to say no to people who are being reasonable right in front of you.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Adam1980

Post by Adam1980 »

Is there a post somewhere what explains all the status numbers mean.

Status 10, 20 etc

Thanks
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Adam1980 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:42 pm Is there a post somewhere what explains all the status numbers mean.

Status 10, 20 etc

Thanks

viewtopic.php?p=8775#p8775 (with thanks to @Newfie for the list)
Tesla Model Y Long Range

furtive

Post by furtive »

Adam1980 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:42 pm Is there a post somewhere what explains all the status numbers mean.

Status 10, 20 etc

Thanks
The column headings in the tracker tell you:
https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
ID.3 Max in Ivory White
Hypervolt charger
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Heh I just realised by looking at the spreadsheet that everyone else's week 40 curse has been lifted, and I'm the last one left holding the week 40 door...

Tesla Model Y Long Range

tomstring

Post by tomstring »

I sincerely hope you get some movement on your order given how incredibly helpful you’ve been to everyone else.
djkav

Post by djkav »

Utumno wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:17 pm Heh I just realised by looking at the spreadsheet that everyone else's week 40 curse has been lifted, and I'm the last one left holding the week 40 door...
You can add me to your spreadsheet.
I'll get what details I can from the dealer.

ID3 Tour (standard)
Stonewash Blue
Ordered 29 Aug 2021
VW Johnsons (Motability)
Prelim build date of mid Aug 2022

Thanks.
Motability Customer
ID3 Tour (Standard) --- Stonewashed Blue
Ordered 29-Aug-2021 --- #31421
When will it be built... Answers on a postcard.
DeeSyfor

Post by DeeSyfor »

Hi Utumno,
Sorry to see there is still no movement on your order, but congratulations on ordering your Tesla. I got a call from my VW dealer last week to tell me the good news that I am now code 20, build date mid May (ordered July 2021) 😆. I'll be giving him a call back to cancel as today this beauty of a P*2 arrived 🤩 it was a preconfigured LRSM which I ordered mid March. I'm delighted.

I hope you all get your new cars soon!

20220503_172931.jpg

20220503_172835.jpg

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

DeeSyfor wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:15 pm Hi Utumno,
Sorry to see there is still no movement on your order, but congratulations on ordering your Tesla. I got a call from my VW dealer last week to tell me the good news that I am now code 20, build date mid May (ordered July 2021) 😆. I'll be giving him a call back to cancel as today this beauty of a P*2 arrived 🤩 it was a preconfigured LRSM which I ordered mid March. I'm delighted.

Lovely 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Black

Post by Black »

DeeSyfor wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:15 pm Hi Utumno,

Why are you going to cancel? I would go ahead with the order ask the dealer what they will buy it back from you for when you collect it from the forecourt.

Congrats on the Polestar.
DSMT

Post by DSMT »

Hi, 7 months since we ordered and still no build date.
I have got some feedback recently though from dealer:
No estimated date for build but said very likely it will be a 72 reg (unless further severe delays so 23), we had expected to get it around March 22 originally!

As it didn't have a build date still let alone started the build I had asked if possible to make changes - (we wanted the heated seats which are now included with the basic level Life trim as standard). I was told that it is not possible to make any changes to order at all as it would lose the grant and price protection and the VWFS contribution.
On a more positive note though I was told it will be a MY 22.5 spec and will now include the heated seats as standard like they are on new life model which is great (if that actually happens - will see eventually I guess).

I asked about the grant as that was only valid for a year and got this back:
"VWUK are working with OZEV now and have promised an update as soon as they are able as order exceeding 12 months are having the grants cancelled.
WE do hope everything will be fine"

So I guess i need to keep waiting and see when will finally get car, what features it will have and if any changes to cost
Family Pro Performance
Order number: 31490xxx
Order number confirmed on: 6th Oct 21
Original estimate: Mar 22
June: Build week confirmed as week 25 2022 (20th June)
Latest status: car at dealers and being collected on 21st July!
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

DSMT wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:11 pm Hi, 7 months since we ordered and still no build date.
I have got some feedback recently though from dealer:
No estimated date for build but said very likely it will be a 72 reg (unless further severe delays so 23), we had expected to get it around March 22 originally!

As it didn't have a build date still let alone started the build I had asked if possible to make changes - (we wanted the heated seats which are now included with the basic level Life trim as standard). I was told that it is not possible to make any changes to order at all as it would lose the grant and price protection and the VWFS contribution.
On a more positive note though I was told it will be a MY 22.5 spec and will now include the heated seats as standard like they are on new life model which is great (if that actually happens - will see eventually I guess).

I asked about the grant as that was only valid for a year and got this back:
"VWUK are working with OZEV now and have promised an update as soon as they are able as order exceeding 12 months are having the grants cancelled.
WE do hope everything will be fine"

So I guess i need to keep waiting and see when will finally get car, what features it will have and if any changes to cost
Heated seats have always been standard on Life trim.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
DSMT

Post by DSMT »

Ok thanks, at the time we ordered we got the impression it was one of the optional extras, maybe we got that mixed up with electric seats.
Anyway, unless we actually finally get the car it doesn't really matter what features it has.
They better sort out the grant though as that would affect several people here if not honoured. Hopefully Utumno will get his before he has to worry about that running out though (even if passing the car to someone else), although running out of time on that
Family Pro Performance
Order number: 31490xxx
Order number confirmed on: 6th Oct 21
Original estimate: Mar 22
June: Build week confirmed as week 25 2022 (20th June)
Latest status: car at dealers and being collected on 21st July!