Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

Yep, if the grant goes - I'm out!

Big277wave

Post by Big277wave »

Has anyone had any communication from VW to say exactly what changes will be made to their car if the order has been changed from the specification that they ordered to a 22.5 spec. car? If you look on the VW website the only model that they list is the life so there's no information on what features are no included on other trims.
1st Ed turquoise, white interior, 9/2020
Family Pro preformance, Makena turquoise, Andoya alloys
Ordered 22/9/ 2021 replacing 1st Ed which has been unreliable
Order No 31364***, pre order from July 2021
Status 70 on 25/11/22, build wk38
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

Big277wave wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:09 am Has anyone had any communication from VW to say exactly what changes will be made to their car if the order has been changed from the specification that they ordered to a 22.5 spec. car? If you look on the VW website the only model that they list is the life so there's no information on what features are no included on other trims.
My dealer hasn't even mentioned the existence of the MY22.5 to me, let alone whether my car will actually be a MY22.5 or what features would be different as a result. When they get details of being shipped I'll ask them about it specifically then. I haven't heard anything about an update to the build week since everyone had their weeks moved up so I suppose I'm still looking at an August-ish delivery time without any other delays so is not something I'll need to worry about for a while.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

I would personally ignore the below as we have evidence now of what is coming with MY22.5, seats and software versions. However, seeing as you asked, I was told

3/12/21
I am seeking further advice on the technology changes, as to whether they will be building them with the newer technologies, as I can see you can order the packages you ordered albeit worded slightly differently on the configurator, but what was ordered you should at least get so please do not worry on that side of things, the seats and interior changes will be active from week 51 2021, and as your car isn't likely to be built for a while yet it should benefit from the interior changes
6/12/21
It appears that from speaking to Volkswagen, anything built in the new year will have the latest software/systems on board including the 3.0 software, I will update you on any changes that may happen,
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
Grumps

Post by Grumps »

Well had my update for May including screen shot of vw order page.

Now status code 10 build week 34.
If that holds, 53 weeks to build. Plus build time and shipping, might get a big shiny Christmas present.
ID.3 Tour pro S 77 kwh Scale Silver

Ordered 15 Aug 2021
Adam1980

Post by Adam1980 »

Well this is suppose to be my build week- excuse me while I hold my breath
Grumps

Post by Grumps »

Adam1980 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:06 am Well this is suppose to be my build week- excuse me while I hold my breath
We have similar order dates and numbers, so hopefully won't slip any further.
ID.3 Tour pro S 77 kwh Scale Silver

Ordered 15 Aug 2021
Waterboy

Post by Waterboy »

Jamie1c wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 12:10 pm Just spoke to my dealership, my car is still status 10 and no build week 🤦🏼‍♂️
Hi - just. quick update on my car. Ironically its now been built and will be in UK in 2-3 weeks. I cancelled this order 6 weeks ago but they've given me first refusal on it anyway. It was originally ordered in July 2021 and was meant to be built in early Nov 21 if I recall correctly. I'm sadly not taking the car as I've got something else on order due to deliver in July. But thought I'd give you all an update anyway. Will look again at EVs in a yer or two. Good luck all.
ID3 Max | Glacier White | Heat Pump | Andoya Alloys
Ordered 6th July 2021
Order No. 31373***
Latest Update: no one knows...!
Waterboy

Post by Waterboy »

Waterboy wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:26 am
Jamie1c wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 12:10 pm Just spoke to my dealership, my car is still status 10 and no build week 🤦🏼‍♂️
Hi - just. quick update on my car. Ironically its now been built and will be in UK in 2-3 weeks. I cancelled this order 6 weeks ago but they've given me first refusal on it anyway. It was originally ordered in July 2021 and was meant to be built in early Nov 21 if I recall correctly. I'm sadly not taking the car as I've got something else on order due to deliver in July. But thought I'd give you all an update anyway. Will look again at EVs in a yer or two. Good luck all.
And just to add - its a 22 model year (I asked out of curiosity). So no idea who is getting the 22.5?
Ordered 6th July 2021
Order No. 31373***
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Waterboy wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:30 am
And just to add - its a 22 model year (I asked out of curiosity). So no idea who is getting the 22.5?

I'm pretty certain that all Max and Tour trims currently escaping the factory are MY22 specification. You'd only stand a chance of getting a 22.5 if your confirmed build week is later than week 51/2021.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Adam1980 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:06 am Well this is suppose to be my build week- excuse me while I hold my breath

I wouldn't if I were you 😂
Last edited by Utumno on Wed May 04, 2022 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Okane

Post by Okane »

Quick update. My car is built and is expected I should have it in 4wks
Business Pro Performance
Order date 28/10/2021
VW Castleisland, Ireland
130*** Comm No
Built week 18
Collected week 27
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

That's good news that the car is on its way, shame you cancelled it though. Appreciate the update, any good news is a boost to others on here waiting on Max and tours. Hopefully when you look to get an ev you won't have a ridiculous wait with next to zero communication.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Stig2011

Post by Stig2011 »

We took delivery of our new Life in Scale Silver yesterday. Its a MY22.5 model, but as a Life trim the only differences I can see are:

- dark grey (rather than light grey) dashboard reflecting 'upgrade' in materials
- v3.0 software
- inclusion of parking sensors with the Assistance pack (which we had specified as an extra option)

Again, may only be relevant to Life trim, but we still have the piano black door handles and top of the centre console. Also, to address a message I'd seen elsewhere, car does still have electric folding wing mirrors and sliding centre console cover, so no 'downgrades' from previous Life trim that I can see

As per earlier posts we had actually specified the Assistance Plus pack with Travel Assist, but this did not get reflected in the build, it being downgraded to Assistance pack at some point - dealer believes when order was converted to MY22.5 spec, but who knows! However, we have got parking assist when didn't expect to and he didn't charge for the car mats/ boot liner as way of saying sorry, so that was nice, as he didn't have to.

Have been for a quick spin and its really very nice to drive, although as others have said, a long way from being a thrill - maybe just a reflection of my age!

id3 0405.jpg

id3 interior 0405.jpg

Life Pro Performance/Assistance Pack/Scale Silver/ East Derry Wheels
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

As per earlier posts we had actually specified the Assistance Plus pack with Travel Assist, but this did not get reflected in the build, it being downgraded to Assistance pack at some point - dealer believes when order was converted to MY22.5 spec, but who knows! However, we have got parking assist when didn't expect to and he didn't charge for the car mats/ boot liner as way of saying sorry, so that was nice, as he didn't have to.
That's concerning. So does it have travel assist, the ability to drive down the centre of a motorway (as opposed to lane assist that just stops you from crossing the line). You may just be able to tell from the steering wheel, it doesn't look like it.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
Braddad9

Post by Braddad9 »

Hey all, I am one of the Plan Car Leases (there were a few of us at the same time haha!).

Just had an update email to say the car has been fainalised and is now on its way over!

Exciting times!
ID3 Max Pro Performance - Scale Silver
Order: 3140****
Original ETA - Late April/Early May
Delivery scheduled - 18 May 2022
Stig2011

Post by Stig2011 »

mediaguy wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:10 pm
That's concerning. So does it have travel assist, the ability to drive down the centre of a motorway (as opposed to lane assist that just stops you from crossing the line). You may just be able to tell from the steering wheel, it doesn't look like it.
No, it doesn’t have Travel Assist, Side Assist or the Area View cameras that would come with the Plus pack.

As I think I’ve said I really wanted Travel Assist which is why I ordered the Life rather than the Family trim, but having now driven the car the normal predictive cruise control is really good but still leaves you with something to do i.e. steer/ overtake. I’m not sure the Travel Assist would add much for me and I’d be worried I’d stop paying attention to traffic around me if didn’t have to keep car in lane. At least that’s what I keep telling myself!
Life Pro Performance/Assistance Pack/Scale Silver/ East Derry Wheels
Braddad9

Post by Braddad9 »

Stig2011 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:59 pm We took delivery of our new Life in Scale Silver yesterday. Its a MY22.5 model, but as a Life trim the only differences I can see are:

- dark grey (rather than light grey) dashboard reflecting 'upgrade' in materials
- v3.0 software
- inclusion of parking sensors with the Assistance pack (which we had specified as an extra option)

Again, may only be relevant to Life trim, but we still have the piano black door handles and top of the centre console. Also, to address a message I'd seen elsewhere, car does still have electric folding wing mirrors and sliding centre console cover, so no 'downgrades' from previous Life trim that I can see

Have been for a quick spin and its really very nice to drive, although as others have said, a long way from being a thrill - maybe just a reflection of my age!

id3 0405.jpg

id3 interior 0405.jpg
I hadn't seen any Scale Silver models before ordering mine and I was a bit concerned - however that looks gorgeous!
ID3 Max Pro Performance - Scale Silver
Order: 3140****
Original ETA - Late April/Early May
Delivery scheduled - 18 May 2022
Waterboy

Post by Waterboy »

Jamie1c wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:38 pm
That's good news that the car is on its way, shame you cancelled it though. Appreciate the update, any good news is a boost to others on here waiting on Max and tours. Hopefully when you look to get an ev you won't have a ridiculous wait with next to zero communication.
Yep just wanted to offer you all some hope really. They do appear to be arriving slowly but surely...
Ordered 6th July 2021
Order No. 31373***
boshy

Post by boshy »

hi Utumno,

i've just received an update from my leasing company, UK carline, on an order i've got for a tour, one to add to your tracker.

I jumped on a cancelled lease at the end of March that was originally ordered 21st September last year through Inchcape. Standard car in Moonstone grey.

the lease company didn't know the VW order number, but it's now at stage 10, with a forecast build date of week 47, though obviously not yet confirmed yet.

cheers

Boshy