Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

Yep, very much pot luck. A friend ordered an identical car to mine, same spec, same colour, same wheels, from the same dealership six days before me in early October last year.
His car was delivered about a month ago in early April, mine has a provisional build week 42 in October this year and I will be unlikely to take delivery until next year!

Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Uphamid3 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:10 pm Yep, very much pot luck. A friend ordered an identical car to mine, same spec, same colour, same wheels, from the same dealership six days before me in early October last year.
His car was delivered about a month ago in early April, mine has a provisional build week 42 in October this year and I will be unlikely to take delivery until next year!
That's shocking! Have you mentioned this to the dealership? How can they explain this without the same old regurgitated BS. makes no sense at all.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Turquoise

Post by Turquoise »

Still no build week, *twiddles thumbs*
Family PP (Turquoise with East Derry alloys)
Ordered Oct '21 (Tusker/Marshall Fleet)
Built '22 wk33, delivered wk41

Zappi 7kW Black tethered
4.5kWp solar with 7.5kWh battery

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-sun-45
Shane_J_C

Post by Shane_J_C »

Just got word from my dealership that my id.3 is built and ready to be shipped, and are hoping to have delivery in the next month or so.
Ordered early last November, so surprised it seems to be arriving so soon! Fingers crossed!
iD.3 Business Pro ordered 10/11/2021.
No provisional build dates known.
Twisted enigma

Post by Twisted enigma »

I have had a further nothing update from my dealer today, no confirmed build week. Estimated build week of week 28, I’m not surprised as I’m a motability lease customer.

I was even emailed being addressed by the wrong name initially, typical cut and past job!
iD3 max
Manganese with bike rack prep added October 22
Ordered 12th August 21
Motability customer
Order number ********

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

Hi Jamie1c

I’m glad someone else thinks that it’s shocking! Yes, the situation appears to have come about because his car was one of the cars scheduled for week 49 last year, and I understand that quite a few of those have come through.

Mine was scheduled for a week or two later apparently, although that was never confirmed to me, but that’s the period when VW decided to introduce the model year update tweaks (MY 22.5). It appears those production weeks were more or less cancelled, and as daft as it sounds, it looks as though the orders that should have been built then were just randomly allocated future dates this year and I’ve drawn the short straw with an incredibly long wait!

The good news is that the deal/price I secured will still be honoured by VW’s ‘price protection, although I’m still not entirely sure what is happening with the government EV grant because delivery will almost certainly be well over a year from the date of ordering.
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

Twisted enigma wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:20 pm I have had a further nothing update from my dealer today, no confirmed build week. Estimated build week of week 28, I’m not surprised as I’m a motability lease customer.

I was even emailed being addressed by the wrong name initially, typical cut and past job!
Would the lease make a difference?
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

I don't wish to put an even bigger downer on folks without even an estimated build week, but given that :

* VW have already announced they are sold out of EV's for the whole of 2022's production
* There are already forum users with status 10 build weeks extending out to week 47/2022
* VW normally closes factories relatively early in December for upgrades, model year changes, and the winter break (lulz)
* Ukraine, COVID etc

Does anyone with status 0 honestly think that their vehicles are building this year ? I'm sorry to say that I don't 😣

Even if they did, cars are still taking a minimum of 5-6 elapsed weeks to build, let alone get onto your driveways.

Unless VW spirits miracles, I don't think anyone with a build date later than week 41/2022 (mid-October) has any chance of seeing their vehicles this year, and I think there's going to be a huge amount of bad feeling created due to the ... inconsistent at best ... allocation of completed vehicles to customers/dealers. I don't begrudge a single person here their vehicle, but the apparently lunacy of car allocations to order dates and order numbers isn't a good look for VW at all.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Twisted enigma wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:20 pm I have had a further nothing update from my dealer today, no confirmed build week. Estimated build week of week 28, I’m not surprised as I’m a motability lease customer.

My dealer consistently refers to me as "Paul", much to my wife's delight. For the avoidance of any doubt, my name is not Paul.

If you've got an estimated build week and a status code of 10, I wouldn't expect that to change until week 23/24 approximately, around the 6-Jun, even under the best possible circumstances.

We don't have a single status 20 (confirmed) on the spreadsheet past 16-May as far as I'm aware, and I would be expecting to be booking status 20's now as far as early June. It's entirely likely the spreadsheet data is lagging behind reality of course - updating the spreadsheet is hardly (and rightly!) at the top of everyone's todo list when they get a dealer update. But there seem to be a lot of vehicles backed up without confirmed release dates to me...
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Col21

Post by Col21 »

Monthly updated from my dealer.
Estimated build date now moved forward to July with delivery end of August/early September just in time for a 72.
She did however state this could change again due to the previous reasons stated, covid, Ukraine, semi conductors.

Nevertheless, still a positive move from September estimate with October/November delivery.
Ordered Family Pro Performance - 5/11/2021
Moonstone Grey with East Derry Alloys
Order number 31370***
Estimated arrival - April 2022 (from dealer) now moved to June!
QPRfan

Post by QPRfan »

Utumno wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:45 pm I don't wish to put an even bigger downer on folks without even an estimated build week, but given that :

* VW have already announced they are sold out of EV's for the whole of 2022's production
* There are already forum users with status 10 build weeks extending out to week 47/2022
* VW normally closes factories relatively early in December for upgrades, model year changes, and the winter break (lulz)
* Ukraine, COVID etc

Does anyone with status 0 honestly think that their vehicles are building this year ? I'm sorry to say that I don't 😣

Even if they did, cars are still taking a minimum of 5-6 elapsed weeks to build, let alone get onto your driveways.

Unless VW spirits miracles, I don't think anyone with a build date later than week 41/2022 (mid-October) has any chance of seeing their vehicles this year, and I think there's going to be a huge amount of bad feeling created due to the ... inconsistent at best ... allocation of completed vehicles to customers/dealers. I don't begrudge a single person here their vehicle, but the apparently lunacy of car allocations to order dates and order numbers isn't a good look for VW at all.
Trouble is (currently) where do you go for an alternative?

8 weeks ago I cancelled my ID3 order and searched high and low for an alternative. Luckily I found a Kona 64 that was arriving at Tilbury in late March (its still stuck at Tilbury as nothing seems to be moving due to lack of drivers)

This week I read that Hyundais are now a 6 month wait, MGs and Nissan Leafs 6 to 12 months. There seem to be very few cars available this year at all!

Incidentally my lease company still says it has 'in stock' Kona 64s (no doiubt also stuck at Tilbury) but the price now for a 4 year lease is £30 per month more than the price I got back in March
Life Pro Performance - Moonstone.
On order January 2022 via Nationwide Vehicle Contracts
As at 25/2/22 unconfirmed build date week 40 ( 02/10/22 )
ORDER Cancelled March 18th and replaced by an 'in stock' Kona 64 Premium arriving late April
lsharp93

Post by lsharp93 »

I had an update from the dealer in March getting a Status 10 but I have emailed them 2 weeks ago and they are not replying to me, anyone else having the same issue?
ID.3 Life Pro
Order date - 23/10/21
Status 10 - Week 40
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

Utumno wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:45 pm I don't wish to put an even bigger downer on folks without even an estimated build week, but given that :

* Ukraine, COVID etc

I think you’re correct, but I can only hope my October 21 order comes this year?
It’s still status 00 which is an absolute joke!
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
Member-1677

Post by Member-1677 »

* Ukraine, COVID etc

Reading that is quite sobering, but more honest and reliable than anything I've been given by VW. And had I been told this honestly by VW back at the beginning of November last year, would have searched for an alternative.

I understand the situation with the war in Ukraine affecting things, but this sh!tshow from VW started well before then. Only compounded their greed, shocking organisation by releasing a bigger (chip heavy) ID5 and Cupra born when they don't have a grip of the ID3.

As a few have mentioned before, this is my first time ever being involved with VW and I can honestly say right now will probably be the last.

@Utumno : spreadsheet is quality and appreciated. I'll never ever understand the order number process and how VW prioritise the build of cars, but your work gives more clarity.

Anyway, rant over back to the grind and live in hope for any positive update and Ukraine gets peace.
Life Pro - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered - 04.11.21
Order No - 3153****
Status - was 10, now 00
Build week was 45, then 47 now unknown!!!
Est delivery was Jan 2023: now......
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Uphamid3 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:32 pm Hi Jamie1c

I’m glad someone else thinks that it’s shocking! Yes, the situation appears to have come about because his car was one of the cars scheduled for week 49 last year, and I understand that quite a few of those have come through.

Mine was scheduled for a week or two later apparently, although that was never confirmed to me, but that’s the period when VW decided to introduce the model year update tweaks (MY 22.5). It appears those production weeks were more or less cancelled, and as daft as it sounds, it looks as though the orders that should have been built then were just randomly allocated future dates this year and I’ve drawn the short straw with an incredibly long wait!

The good news is that the deal/price I secured will still be honoured by VW’s ‘price protection, although I’m still not entirely sure what is happening with the government EV grant because delivery will almost certainly be well over a year from the date of ordering.
That is just crazy, it's not like its only weeks apart but several months. They really can't justify that no matter how hard they try. Hopefully you'll get the call out of the blue to say your car is on it's way.

The only transparency about vw is that we can all see they have majorly effed up with the build process and so on, it's beyond ridiculous. I would maybe have a bit of respect for vw if they were just truthful and tell us all that is waiting why their output of cars is all arse from elbow from order dates and so on.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
MLB_ID3

Post by MLB_ID3 »

I find it really interesting that this thread has 206 pages and over 4k posts - it shows you the frustration ID3 purchasers (not many of us are *not* owners yet!) are feeling.

My other observation is the impact on ID3 is more than just the semi conductor shortage and wiring loom shortage due to the war in Ukraine. I think VW Group have pushed the launch of too many models on the MEB platform and they've made a conscious decision to slow the production of ID3s to accommodate that without closing the order book (I'm sure I've seen a post from someone on this forum that their Cupra Born has an expected delivery of later in the summer yet the order books didn't open until March?). There's many on here with August orders that are only now getting delivered.

Add to that it seems that of the ID3 order backlog the route you order from also seems to be affected with personal purchases from a main VW dealership getting their allocation ahead of fleet orders. It's the only reason why some October orders like mine have a wk22 build and other October orders are Autumn build or not even allocated yet.

Overall (for me and many on here) the ID3 purchase experience has been dreadful and I think VW are partly to blame for that by trying to launch too many new models without the capacity to meet demand during the supply shortages post pandemic.

I will stick with my ID3 order as changing now would cost me more and other models have roughly 6 month lead in times. Plus - I really liked the ID3.

But, when my PCP is up VW will not be top of my list for a replacement and there will be a lot more options out there and hopefully we're past these shortages....
Order date: 9th October
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya Alloys
Original delivery estimates: March, April, May now Autumn
Previous build weeks: 19, 22
Estimated build week: 2022 wk38
** Cancelled **
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

Just had a phone call with my dealer. They say production has been moved up from Week 27 to Week 21. They're saying delivery in late July early August depending on how long it takes to ship.

I think you're right @Utumno. I kinda wonder if all the progress we've seen in the last two weeks is because there has been a giant stockpile of parts built up (due to the factory shutdown) and that the level of production and progress that we're seeing now might not be sustainable over a longer period of time. Time will tell. Sooner or later... Time will tell.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

duncsand

Post by duncsand »

I know we're all tempted to try to rationalise the order in which cars get built, but I don't believe there is any rationality - as crazy as that seems.

I ordered a Family Pro Performance with no additional options back in September last year and am still stuck at status 00 with no build date. However, I see in the spreadsheet another Family Pro Performance ordered from the same dealer later and with a higher order number, that has a build week allocated.

I can think of no logic to explain how cars ordered later and from the same dealer, end up getting built earlier. It truly looks like there's an element of randomness here and I've given up trying to rationalise it.

I like the id.3, but the only thing that keeps me waiting is the dearth of other similar cars. Once things get normalised and we see true competition for medium-sized EV hatchbacks, I don't think I'd repeat this experience again - the opaqueness and randomness of VW's system is ridiculous in my eyes.
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, build week 25, confirmed built 1st July, collected from dealer 20th July.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

MLB_ID3 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:30 am I find it really interesting that this thread has 206 pages and over 4k posts - it shows you the frustration ID3 purchasers (not many of us are *not* owners yet!) are feeling.

My other observation is the impact on ID3 is more than just the semi conductor shortage and wiring loom shortage due to the war in Ukraine. I think VW Group have pushed the launch of too many models on the MEB platform and they've made a conscious decision to slow the production of ID3s to accommodate that without closing the order book (I'm sure I've seen a post from someone on this forum that their Cupra Born has an expected delivery of later in the summer yet the order books didn't open until March?). There's many on here with August orders that are only now getting delivered.
If it helps, I don't think the ID3 has been singled out apart from unlucky Max and Tour customers whose cars needed unavailable parts. The ID5 launch has been repeatedly delayed (feels a bit like old news now.) There are ID4 owners with similar wait times to those on here. I occasionally look at the Enyaq forum as I might one day want a bigger EV to replace an Octavia. They have a thread just like this that is over 100 pages and there are people who ordered last autumn and haven't even been accepted by the factory yet (ie no provisional build week) - just like here. There is also a thread complaining that Skoda have stopped building the smaller battery variant so that they can divert parts to the larger battery variant, and one person who says his dealer has told him straight-up they are cancelling his order as a result. That'll sound vaguely familiar to those who have been following these forums for a while.
Even Tesla have their own issues. I linked something a few weeks ago from a Model X customer who had been waiting for over a year. They were all complaining that the parts were being directed to Plaid models for higher profits...
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

sidehaas wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:52 am
MLB_ID3 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:30 am I find it really interesting that this thread has 206 pages and over 4k posts - it shows you the frustration ID3 purchasers (not many of us are *not* owners yet!) are feeling.

If it helps, I don't think the ID3 has been singled out apart from unlucky Max and Tour customers whose cars needed unavailable parts. The ID5 launch has been repeatedly delayed (feels a bit like old news now.) There are ID4 owners with similar wait times to those on here. I occasionally look at the Enyaq forum as I might one day want a bigger EV to replace an Octavia. They have a thread just like this that is over 100 pages and there are people who ordered last autumn and haven't even been accepted by the factory yet (ie no provisional build week) - just like here. There is also a thread complaining that Skoda have stopped building the smaller battery variant so that they can divert parts to the larger battery variant, and one person who says his dealer has told him straight-up they are cancelling his order as a result. That'll sound vaguely familiar to those who have been following these forums for a while.
Even Tesla have their own issues. I linked something a few weeks ago from a Model X customer who had been waiting for over a year. They were all complaining that the parts were being directed to Plaid models for higher profits...
Not to turn this into a non-ID3 thread but what's VW's logic for releasing the ID5? I really don't see the interest in a coupe especially when VW could be focusing on other car categories that have more demand (I assume, but then that's where I must be missing something) like a saloon or even something between the ID3 and ID4.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!