Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

rikimaru wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:22 am
sidehaas wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:52 am
MLB_ID3 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:30 am I find it really interesting that this thread has 206 pages and over 4k posts - it shows you the frustration ID3 purchasers (not many of us are *not* owners yet!) are feeling.

My other observation is the impact on ID3 is more than just the semi conductor shortage and wiring loom shortage due to the war in Ukraine. I think VW Group have pushed the launch of too many models on the MEB platform and they've made a conscious decision to slow the production of ID3s to accommodate that without closing the order book (I'm sure I've seen a post from someone on this forum that their Cupra Born has an expected delivery of later in the summer yet the order books didn't open until March?). There's many on here with August orders that are only now getting delivered.
If it helps, I don't think the ID3 has been singled out apart from unlucky Max and Tour customers whose cars needed unavailable parts. The ID5 launch has been repeatedly delayed (feels a bit like old news now.) There are ID4 owners with similar wait times to those on here. I occasionally look at the Enyaq forum as I might one day want a bigger EV to replace an Octavia. They have a thread just like this that is over 100 pages and there are people who ordered last autumn and haven't even been accepted by the factory yet (ie no provisional build week) - just like here. There is also a thread complaining that Skoda have stopped building the smaller battery variant so that they can divert parts to the larger battery variant, and one person who says his dealer has told him straight-up they are cancelling his order as a result. That'll sound vaguely familiar to those who have been following these forums for a while.
Even Tesla have their own issues. I linked something a few weeks ago from a Model X customer who had been waiting for over a year. They were all complaining that the parts were being directed to Plaid models for higher profits...
Not to turn this into a non-ID3 thread but what's VW's logic for releasing the ID5? I really don't see the interest in a coupe especially when VW could be focusing on other car categories that have more demand (I assume, but then that's where I must be missing something) like a saloon or even something between the ID3 and ID4.
I don't know, but then I don't really understand SUVs either/at all. They're fashionable. I can see a synergy between that fashion and the need to store a battery pack underneath the passengers, which has led to many EVs being an SUV style - these coupe crossover jobs like the ID5and Enyaq Coupe are just the 'sporty' extension of that. SUVs that look a bit less like SUVs from some angles but are even more fashionable and carry a price tag to match. I'd like an ID3 estate...
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.

pcnewtonuk

Post by pcnewtonuk »

My dealer has been in touch - My car is currently on a ship in the sea on the way to England!!

Should have it in a couple of weeks!
iD.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S in Stonewashed Blue
Ordered 9 Jul 2021
Build week 46
MY22
Delivery May 2022
Podpoint installed Nov 21
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

pcnewtonuk wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:22 am My dealer has been in touch - My car is currently on a ship in the sea on the way to England!!

Should have it in a couple of weeks!
Excellent news! Another one escapes.

Edit- oooft and it's a tour. Congrats!
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

If the prices are comparable I'd rather have an ID5 than an ID4, I don't like SUV style cars and they're usually worse for pedestrians in the event of an accident.

Incidentally, apparently the first ID5s in Ireland were registered in April. Two of them. I presume they'll be show/demo cars for dealerships.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Jamesv12

Post by Jamesv12 »

Just had the call from my dealer (he only rings unprompted if there is good news) to say my Tour (ordered Aug 21, build week 40 2021) is now at the port waiting shipment (Code 38). He anticipated it arriving (at Sheerness) pretty quickly.

He also said that they had another Tour delivered last week with was still MY22 spec, but did have version 3.0 of the software installed, so that is a small extra compensation.

He had heard that VW is almost only making Tours and Maxs to clear the backlog, so hopefully that will be good news for all those others waiting still, especially Utumno who has been the most patient of all of us...
Flaming76

Post by Flaming76 »

Just spoke to the dealer, got my order number, finally, order placed with the factory 25th October, current status……….00 🙄
Fam Pro Perf, 19” Andoya alloys, bike rack prep in turquoise.
Ordered 20.10.21 dealer placed order 25.10.21
Estimated delivery early May 2022, now status 20 build week 38, status 60 early Nov, delivery December!!
Order No 31515***
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Nice to see some long awaited cars moving now.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
McLaren

Post by McLaren »

Nice to see some Tours out of the factory.
Tour, Glacier white
Ordered October 6th 2021
Order number: 31491xxx
Build week 13 confirmed now
JCT600 York
Now been waiting over 19 months

Now cancelled order. Now getting a renault megane e tech.

Bonnet referral code: R5Z4V
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

Flaming76 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:04 pm Just spoke to the dealer, got my order number, finally, order placed with the factory 25th October, current status……….00 🙄
I ordered the same day, still status 00

I’ve been offered a cupra today for September/October delivery.
I’m just waiting to hear back about the price.
It’s a total pisstake by VW
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

ag-indie wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:23 pm
Flaming76 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:04 pm Just spoke to the dealer, got my order number, finally, order placed with the factory 25th October, current status……….00 🙄

I’ve been offered a cupra born today for September/October delivery.
Order date 25/10/2021
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

Jamesv12 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:55 pm Just had the call from my dealer (he only rings unprompted if there is good news) to say my Tour (ordered Aug 21, build week 40 2021) is now at the port waiting shipment (Code 38). He anticipated it arriving (at Sheerness) pretty quickly.

He also said that they had another Tour delivered last week with was still MY22 spec, but did have version 3.0 of the software installed, so that is a small extra compensation.

He had heard that VW is almost only making Tours and Maxs to clear the backlog, so hopefully that will be good news for all those others waiting still, especially Utumno who has been the most patient of all of us...
hopefully family spec also included or not far behind
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

I’ve been offered a cupra today for September/October delivery.
That must be a cancelled order from Cupra, I was told I'd have to wait until 2023 if I ordered one a few weeks ago
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

sidehaas wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:32 am
rikimaru wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:22 am
sidehaas wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:52 am

If it helps, I don't think the ID3 has been singled out apart from unlucky Max and Tour customers whose cars needed unavailable parts. The ID5 launch has been repeatedly delayed (feels a bit like old news now.) There are ID4 owners with similar wait times to those on here. I occasionally look at the Enyaq forum as I might one day want a bigger EV to replace an Octavia. They have a thread just like this that is over 100 pages and there are people who ordered last autumn and haven't even been accepted by the factory yet (ie no provisional build week) - just like here. There is also a thread complaining that Skoda have stopped building the smaller battery variant so that they can divert parts to the larger battery variant, and one person who says his dealer has told him straight-up they are cancelling his order as a result. That'll sound vaguely familiar to those who have been following these forums for a while.
Even Tesla have their own issues. I linked something a few weeks ago from a Model X customer who had been waiting for over a year. They were all complaining that the parts were being directed to Plaid models for higher profits...
Not to turn this into a non-ID3 thread but what's VW's logic for releasing the ID5? I really don't see the interest in a coupe especially when VW could be focusing on other car categories that have more demand (I assume, but then that's where I must be missing something) like a saloon or even something between the ID3 and ID4.
I don't know, but then I don't really understand SUVs either/at all. They're fashionable. I can see a synergy between that fashion and the need to store a battery pack underneath the passengers, which has led to many EVs being an SUV style - these coupe crossover jobs like the ID5and Enyaq Coupe are just the 'sporty' extension of that. SUVs that look a bit less like SUVs from some angles but are even more fashionable and carry a price tag to match. I'd like an ID3 estate...
Actually I totally understand the reasoning behind making the ID4/SUV style vehicle the second on the platform. Those kinds of cars are massively in demand in the UK.

The ID5 just isn’t appealing to me because you’re making a sporty yet practical SUV (the ID4) just more sporty and less practical, moving it into a niche category.

Don’t get me started on the fact that each model in the ID range should be distinct and unique but the ID5 is literally just a ID4 coupe.

Anyways back on topic! I should get my ID3 by early June latest but have had no indication it’s on the ship.

How up to date is the info from dealers? Would they know it’s on the ship on the same day or is there a day or so info lag?
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

ag-indie wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:24 pm

sounds nice, i do like the born but its lack of matrix headlights is its downfall. I still think its insane they launched the born before getting on top of the backlog of ID3s
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

Dinsdale wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:36 am
ag-indie wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:24 pm

sounds nice, i do like the born but its lack of matrix headlights is its downfall. I still think its insane they launched the born before getting on top of the backlog of ID3s
I totally agree, god knows how many id3’s are delayed now.
They’ve cocked up massively haven’t they.
Order date 25/10/2021
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
Mikee

Post by Mikee »

Update from the lease company.

Expected delivery date has moved to late October and I don't have a build date yet. If it doesn't slip again it will be 13 months from order to delivery.

At this point I'm considering buying a MG or Polestar instead.
Family Pro - Kings Red - Sport Suspension - Alloys - Heat Pump
SimmoUK

Post by SimmoUK »

Update from my dealer yesterday. The provisional build week has slipped 1 week to wk38. Could be worse.

I also asked about the Government PICG grant situation, which for me, like others on here, is a game changer if its not going to be applied. I was told that if the grant expires I'll have to pay the additional £2500 or have the option to cancel. Given my build week is now around 20th Sept I think I'll be lucky to get the car within the 12 month grant eligibility period

I got the impression they don't really know about the grant, given the 3 times I was put on hold while the sales person went to ask someone else.

I've postponed my charger installation indefinitely. Not going to get that £1000 job done until the elusive ID3 is sat on the driveway.
Life Pro Performance.
Ordered Nov '21. Delivered Feb '23
Zappi 2. Home Solar/battery.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Mikee wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:57 am Update from the lease company.

Expected delivery date has moved to late October and I don't have a build date yet. If it doesn't slip again it will be 13 months from order to delivery.

I’d just be wary with Polestar that their delivery dates are bouncing around a bit. People are typically placing orders then immediately seeing the estimated handover move a month or two in the portal. Also, the change over to MY23 has meant there hasn’t been any preconfigured cars available for a while now. Personally wouldn’t entertain the MG.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

andrewparker wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:48 am
Mikee wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:57 am Update from the lease company.

I’d just be wary with Polestar that their delivery dates are bouncing around a bit. People are typically placing orders then immediately seeing the estimated handover move a month or two in the portal. Also, the change over to MY23 has meant there hasn’t been any preconfigured cars available for a while now. Personally wouldn’t entertain the MG.
I can't comment on the Polestar as I know next to nothing about them but agree with your comment about the MG. nice enough looking car but just lacks oomphh and is very basic, their price reflects that. Definitely would not cancel an id3 for an MG. There is no comparison.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

RANDOM BUILD DATES V ORDER No
I didn’t want to start a new thread on this.
The random nature if cars being built and delivered versus order numbers has to have some rational that we don't see or understand. I can't believe it is simply chaos and pot luck if your order is pulled out of the hat. People on the thread with order numbers higher than mine are receiving their cars after a 7 or 8 month wait whilst my dealer is still not sure what happens if I go past 12 months in September. I only have an unconfirmed build week of 34 that would take me to around a 13 month wait.
Are the cars built and stored difficult to access to complete in a fashion that follows order numbers?
Are distant dates advised hoping customers will cancel? Better margins from new customers.
I try my best to not let this irritate me but it does not least because I can't accept that it's all random.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22