Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Turquoise
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:01 pm

Post by Turquoise » Sat May 14, 2022 1:46 pm

rikimaru wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:30 pm
Braddad9 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:21 pm
On a slightly related note, out of the hundreds of different wall chargers that are now on the market - how do you choose which one to go for…

Do they not all do the same thing haha
Worth looking at the Ohme Pro as it has some smart features and a low enough profile.

If you're not sure then this site is a great start: http://rightcharge.co.uk

@furtive Didn't realise the first 2 letters indicated where it was registered! Wouldn't it be BI or something for Birmingham?
I've had BW and BJ from Birmingham before. (Unfortunately I got BW69 and not BJ69 on that year's lease car. :lol: )
Family Pro Performance (Turquoise with East Derry alloys)
Ordered Oct 4th 21 (Tusker/Marshall Fleet Centre [Newbury])
Original date: Mar 22
Latest estimate: Nov 22

Zappi 7kW Black tethered

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-sun-45

Griff
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:19 am
Location: Scotland

Post by Griff » Sat May 14, 2022 2:17 pm

Turquoise wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 1:46 pm
rikimaru wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:30 pm

@furtive Didn't realise the first 2 letters indicated where it was registered! Wouldn't it be BI or something for Birmingham?
I've had BW and BJ from Birmingham before. (Unfortunately I got BW69 and not BJ69 on that year's lease car. :lol: )
[/quote]

May be a bit out of date, I believe Birmingham is anything from BA to BY (in otherwords "B").
I wonder if they kept the BJ's out of circulation....or make money on selling them as private numbers.
:: ID.3 Life Pro :: Manganese Grey :: East Derry Alloys :: Tow Hitch ::
January 2022.
Pod Point Solo 3 Home Charger.

Googs
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:42 am

Post by Googs » Sat May 14, 2022 2:39 pm

rikimaru wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 6:55 pm
Googs wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:51 pm
For those with Plan Car leasing I called Chris yesterday and he said that my Max was built. He said they have quite a few cars in that are being delivered shortly.
Interestingly I've been in touch with VW and I have a CS rep who has given me additional info yesterday who said it was at the port of exit, from where it can take upto 4 weeks.
So not too long for mine either.

I'd love to see pics of everyones max's. in particular the sensors on the sides of the wheel arches and also the seat controls to see if memory has been added.
Mines being delivered on Wednesday but from the pic I managed to get, it doesn’t look like it has the side sensors or new seats.

I suspect everyone else in this batch will have the same MY22 that I do.
Does that mean it won't have the ability for self parking or lane change?

Braddad9
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:38 pm

Post by Braddad9 » Sat May 14, 2022 3:24 pm

Googs wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 2:39 pm
rikimaru wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 6:55 pm
Googs wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:51 pm
For those with Plan Car leasing I called Chris yesterday and he said that my Max was built. He said they have quite a few cars in that are being delivered shortly.
Interestingly I've been in touch with VW and I have a CS rep who has given me additional info yesterday who said it was at the port of exit, from where it can take upto 4 weeks.
So not too long for mine either.

I'd love to see pics of everyones max's. in particular the sensors on the sides of the wheel arches and also the seat controls to see if memory has been added.
Mines being delivered on Wednesday but from the pic I managed to get, it doesn’t look like it has the side sensors or new seats.

I suspect everyone else in this batch will have the same MY22 that I do.
Does that mean it won't have the ability for self parking or lane change?
It looks that way, which is unfortunate, but I guess not unfair as long as it wasn’t in the description at the time.

Does anyone have a brochure link to an my22 max?
ID3 Max Pro Performance - Scale Silver
Order: 3140****
Original ETA - Late April/Early May
Delivery scheduled - 18 May 2022

Planky
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:35 am

Post by Planky » Sat May 14, 2022 3:41 pm

Here is one I downloaded in September.
id-3-brochure-pricelist-p11d.pdf
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 79 times
ID.3 Max ordered September 21
VW Order Number 3147XXXX
Initially told delivery at the end of Feb 22, still no build date available…

iandoublem
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:22 pm

Post by iandoublem » Sat May 14, 2022 10:02 pm

Heard back from my dealer today: ordered end of Oct 21 and STILL don’t have a build date and am at status 00. Pretty sure that there are plenty of people in a similar boat but it’s very frustrating.

ag-indie
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:08 am

Post by ag-indie » Sat May 14, 2022 11:32 pm

iandoublem wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 10:02 pm
Heard back from my dealer today: ordered end of Oct 21 and STILL don’t have a build date and am at status 00. Pretty sure that there are plenty of people in a similar boat but it’s very frustrating.
I ordered at the same time & still no build week ! What a joke 😡
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
Zenith salary sacrifice, Listers Warwickshire.
31516*** order No
Podpoint charger installed January 2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27

DarrenPotton
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by DarrenPotton » Sun May 15, 2022 5:50 am

I ordered in Oct as well and as of Friday still no build date.
This is the first VW I have ordered and will probably be the last due to the complete lack of information.

Jamie1c
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:38 am

Post by Jamie1c » Sun May 15, 2022 9:25 am

DarrenPotton wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 5:50 am
I ordered in Oct as well and as of Friday still no build date.
This is the first VW I have ordered and will probably be the last due to the complete lack of information.
I share the same sentiment. This is my first and last time I'll deal with VW for the same reason.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20th of August 2021
Dealership- Arnold Clark
I have no order number, unfortunately.
Status 10 (14/02/22)

User avatar
Daveion
Posts: 795
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:24 am
Location: South Essex RM15

Post by Daveion » Sun May 15, 2022 9:44 am

Jamie1c wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 9:25 am
DarrenPotton wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 5:50 am
I ordered in Oct as well and as of Friday still no build date.
This is the first VW I have ordered and will probably be the last due to the complete lack of information.
I share the same sentiment. This is my first and last time I'll deal with VW for the same reason.
It does make you feel like this but the circumstances are very unusual.
My family has three cars on order with Ford.
A Kuga, Puma and Fiesta. All ordered in Feb and expected in qtr4 22. Not one single communication from the dealership or Ford.
Some manufacturers and dealerships are little better or worse than others but overall no one has an accurate picture of progress so they say nothing of consequence for fear of getting it wrong.
Circumstances globally are very unusual.
Life Pro Perf 2020 Grey, Andoya Wheels
Life Pro Performance in Glacier White ordered Sept 9th 21 31471xxx
Delivery slipped from Jan/Mar/June now October.
Build week 34, Aug 22nd 2022 ☹

rikimaru
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:35 pm

Post by rikimaru » Sun May 15, 2022 10:15 am

Daveion wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 9:44 am
Jamie1c wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 9:25 am
DarrenPotton wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 5:50 am
I ordered in Oct as well and as of Friday still no build date.
This is the first VW I have ordered and will probably be the last due to the complete lack of information.
I share the same sentiment. This is my first and last time I'll deal with VW for the same reason.
It does make you feel like this but the circumstances are very unusual.
My family has three cars on order with Ford.
A Kuga, Puma and Fiesta. All ordered in Feb and expected in qtr4 22. Not one single communication from the dealership or Ford.
Some manufacturers and dealerships are little better or worse than others but overall no one has an accurate picture of progress so they say nothing of consequence for fear of getting it wrong.
Circumstances globally are very unusual.
Exactly, the circumstances are unusual and I’d say you’re going to get a similar experience with nearly every manufacture bar perhaps Tesla.

What I’m not share is unusual or the norm is VW’s at times misleading marketing communication. I have confirmation from their customer support that my car would definitely get memory seats which obviously isn’t the case. It’s a shame they won’t be penalised for that.

Nevermind the fact that 2021 cars with travel assist are now a bit outdated because they can’t use the swarm data.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
2 Dec: left factory. ETA mid Jan.
20 Dec: factory waiting for parts. ETA early Feb.
7 Jan: factory, ETA mid Feb.
3 Feb: factory, ETA mid March.
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.

Jamie1c
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:38 am

Post by Jamie1c » Sun May 15, 2022 10:52 am

Daveion wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 9:44 am
Jamie1c wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 9:25 am
DarrenPotton wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 5:50 am
I ordered in Oct as well and as of Friday still no build date.
This is the first VW I have ordered and will probably be the last due to the complete lack of information.
I share the same sentiment. This is my first and last time I'll deal with VW for the same reason.
It does make you feel like this but the circumstances are very unusual.
My family has three cars on order with Ford.
A Kuga, Puma and Fiesta. All ordered in Feb and expected in qtr4 22. Not one single communication from the dealership or Ford.
Some manufacturers and dealerships are little better or worse than others but overall no one has an accurate picture of progress so they say nothing of consequence for fear of getting it wrong.
Circumstances globally are very unusual.
I agree the circumstances are unusual. I've dealt with Nissan and Ford a few times and mitsubishi once and have absolutely no complaints about them at all. All were very forthcoming with info whereas VW seem to come across as some sort of secret society when it comes to info in my personal experience. Info is very vague when I actually get some. A very poor experience.

Mitsubishi did mess up my car order (the car I have just now) to cut a long story short, I have the outlander phev, I didn't order a phev, just the petrol version and I have to say it is the best mess up I've had 🤣
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20th of August 2021
Dealership- Arnold Clark
I have no order number, unfortunately.
Status 10 (14/02/22)

Andy1966
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by Andy1966 » Sun May 15, 2022 3:24 pm

No updates on when our car will be coming.
But we may arrange another test drive just to remind us what the cars like since we ordered one last October!

furtive
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:30 pm

Post by furtive » Sun May 15, 2022 4:08 pm

rikimaru wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:12 am
I called up the dealer to ask a few things (including whether it comes with mats which it does) and if they could send me a photo. They happily obliged!
Excellent. And very nice that it comes with mats - that is something I was thinking of ordering (I've already got replacement wheel trims ready to put on)
ID.3 Max in Ivory White
Being delivered on Friday!
Hypervolt charger

rikimaru
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:35 pm

Post by rikimaru » Sun May 15, 2022 4:19 pm

furtive wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 4:08 pm
rikimaru wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:12 am
I called up the dealer to ask a few things (including whether it comes with mats which it does) and if they could send me a photo. They happily obliged!
Excellent. And very nice that it comes with mats - that is something I was thinking of ordering (I've already got replacement wheel trims ready to put on)
Which trims did you go for?
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
2 Dec: left factory. ETA mid Jan.
20 Dec: factory waiting for parts. ETA early Feb.
7 Jan: factory, ETA mid Feb.
3 Feb: factory, ETA mid March.
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.

furtive
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:30 pm

Post by furtive » Sun May 15, 2022 4:53 pm

Just the standard ones with the black sections from here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284484592238 ... 7Ciid%3A14
ID.3 Max in Ivory White
Being delivered on Friday!
Hypervolt charger

lunajai
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:49 am

Post by lunajai » Sun May 15, 2022 6:39 pm

ag-indie wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:32 pm
iandoublem wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 10:02 pm
Heard back from my dealer today: ordered end of Oct 21 and STILL don’t have a build date and am at status 00. Pretty sure that there are plenty of people in a similar boat but it’s very frustrating.
I ordered at the same time & still no build week ! What a joke 😡
We ordered 11 August and are in the same position. We were on build week 33 (2022) for months but now it has gone. Our dealership says every EV they have on order has the same.

User avatar
Daveion
Posts: 795
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:24 am
Location: South Essex RM15

Post by Daveion » Sun May 15, 2022 7:38 pm

lunajai wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 6:39 pm
ag-indie wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:32 pm
iandoublem wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 10:02 pm
Heard back from my dealer today: ordered end of Oct 21 and STILL don’t have a build date and am at status 00. Pretty sure that there are plenty of people in a similar boat but it’s very frustrating.
I ordered at the same time & still no build week ! What a joke 😡
We ordered 11 August and are in the same position. We were on build week 33 (2022) for months but now it has gone. Our dealership says every EV they have on order has the same.
A number of us here on the thread are in this position unclear if the Gov grant will be honoured and whether, if it is not, is the car still affordable.
It's a decision the dealers, VW and Gov can make now that would either confirm the wait is worth it or allow us to cancel and move on.
Life Pro Perf 2020 Grey, Andoya Wheels
Life Pro Performance in Glacier White ordered Sept 9th 21 31471xxx
Delivery slipped from Jan/Mar/June now October.
Build week 34, Aug 22nd 2022 ☹

lunajai
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:49 am

Post by lunajai » Sun May 15, 2022 9:22 pm

Daveion wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 7:38 pm
lunajai wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 6:39 pm
ag-indie wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:32 pm

I ordered at the same time & still no build week ! What a joke 😡
We ordered 11 August and are in the same position. We were on build week 33 (2022) for months but now it has gone. Our dealership says every EV they have on order has the same.
A number of us here on the thread are in this position unclear if the Gov grant will be honoured and whether, if it is not, is the car still affordable.
It's a decision the dealers, VW and Gov can make now that would either confirm the wait is worth it or allow us to cancel and move on.
Yeah it’s really stressful. We used Car Wow to negotiate a better price with our dealer. They complained at the time that they were making a loss selling the car. Now when we ask anything—which we haven’t, really—they say “your deal was too good, we can’t do anything more”. It’s really disappointing. Had I known, I would have gone with the other dealership who were further away but £1 a month cheaper lol. This all means I haven’t even had the grant conversation with them. I guess I’m burying my head in the sand about it. I am moving abroad until the end of the year and hoped my partner would have the new car so they feel able to travel and meet friends/family etc when I’m away.

rikimaru
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:35 pm

Post by rikimaru » Sun May 15, 2022 9:30 pm

Anyone know if there's a way we can set up the We Connect app beforehand? I'm getting a "Something went wrong" error so I guess it's only possible when we have the car...
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
2 Dec: left factory. ETA mid Jan.
20 Dec: factory waiting for parts. ETA early Feb.
7 Jan: factory, ETA mid Feb.
3 Feb: factory, ETA mid March.
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.

Post Reply