Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Googs

Post by Googs »

furtive wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:45 am New car day. It is finally here!

20220520_113800.jpg

It was driven from Crewe I think, and arrived with 10% battery remaining so I've plugged it in and think it's charging. I've managed to connect to the app easily enough.

Had a quick drive to drop the guy off at the train station (he has to go and pick one up from Colchester and drive it to Inverness this afternoon!) and it's lovely. Definitely worth the wait.

Will swap the wheel trims over when it stops raining!
Great to see a pic of the Max.
So question for those with software v2.3 should you wait for OTA or is it possible to take to dealer to get latest one available (doubt they'll give you 3.0 tho)

cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

Doesn't 2.4 also require the 12v battery replacement?
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Twisted enigma

Post by Twisted enigma »

Last update on the 5th of May, by an email sent with a different customers surname.

‘The current estimated build week of your vehicle is week 28. As previously advised, this can vary and is not guaranteed’.

Pleased many of you are finally receiving your cars, do you get any leads with it from factory?
iD3 max
Manganese with bike rack prep added October 22
Ordered 12th August 21
Motability customer
Order number ********

OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

cornbutter wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:55 pm Doesn't 2.4 also require the 12v battery replacement?
Yes it does.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

Hi Andrew and OB1CCFC

Thanks for your kind wishes, I really needed to get things resolved and move on with the rest of my life, and I have been wavering towards the MINI Electric for some time. They are also now on extremely long lead times for a factory order, and there are virtually none available as stock. I’ve been pestering quite a few dealers with absolutely no luck, but yesterday morning Cotswold MINI in Cheltenham sent me a video of a brand new one which should have been delivered this week but the customer had cancelled at the last minute.

Completely by chance it was exactly the spec and colour I would have chosen, and they offered me first refusal before listing it, an opportunity I couldn’t turn down!

In a parallel universe I’m sure I would have been happy with the id3, it’s a fabulous bit of kit and I’m sure those still waiting will get great pleasure from their cars when they finally turn up.

So, thank you to everyone for their words of wisdom and banter, I feel I have got to know so many of you and it’s been great having you all there for moral support over the last few months. I really do hope your cars arrive soon. I will still drop in from time to time, and who knows I may be back to share in the expectation of waiting for a MK2 id3 in a few years time!

Keep smiling and all the best, Mike - Uphamid3.
Nick1892

Post by Nick1892 »

Classof74 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:18 pm Hi all some more good news updated by dealer on 17th May my car is now built and sat at Emden, built week18, looking at the dealer screen shot it shows MY22 E113MJ with interior code TN, I think the TN refers to the new style vegan leatherette seats, I found a VW guide from Ireland showing TN as the latest MY22.5 spec seats so fingers crossed, hopefully should be ready at the dealer in 3 weeks time.

I’d.3 family pro performance
Moonstone grey
18inch east Derry alloys
Heat pump
Ordered 17/08/2021 parkway Volkswagen Leicester
Estimated delivery 31/01/2022
Order no: 3144xxxx

Glad your car is built. I was told on the 19th April that my Family Pro Performance was built and waiting for shipping. However It’s not arrived in the UK yet. I have managed to track 5 ships that left Emden and docked at various ports in the UK over the past two weeks and mine still hasn’t arrived in the UK. I called the dealer who told me that my car had missed the boat and it would be on the next one. Getting a bit fed up with the excuses from VW. I hope your car is delivered soon but please don’t hold your breath.
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

OB1CCFC wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:28 pm
cornbutter wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:55 pm Doesn't 2.4 also require the 12v battery replacement?
Yes it does.
Thought so. So for Googs, you can't get 2.4 OTA because it needs the 12v battery replacement before it can be updated.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Big_GT wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:50 am
Out of curiosity, what did your dealer tell you the waiting time would be ? I seem to have the rare good honest dealership who told me end of June this year when I ordered in November, So I will start to get stroppy come July if it's not even got a build week etc etc but I feel a lot of dealerships have blamed VW direct when VW even on their website have been stating delays since I ordered.
To be honest, no specific date but best guess was given as end of May.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

Press article yesterday from VW regarding the new factory and it is clear that VW are prioritising the ID4 above the ID3, bigger profits to be made.

It appears that Mini have reduced their model range to two models and they will allocate a model type based on the spec ordered, at least VW still seem to be maintaining the model ordered is the model you eventually get even if it is discontinued.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

cornbutter wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:00 am
OB1CCFC wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:28 pm
Yes it does.
Thought so. So for Googs, you can't get 2.4 OTA because it needs the 12v battery replacement before it can be updated.
Yes 2.4 must be done in a workshop and is accompanied with a 12v battery change and maybe some controller changes.
I think 2.4 might need 2 days to sort but hard to be sure as no one has had it done yet!
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

Utumno wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:12 pm CANCELLED TOUR UPDATE

Our (cancelled) Tour has left the factory. I was given the opportunity to uncancel. I haven’t; SWMBO wouldn’t let me!
Not sure if this is good or bad news. After all the waiting to then have to continue to wait for a different car. Hope the Tesla is delivered soon.
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)
VWNut

Post by VWNut »

Family Pro
Order date: 25/9/21
Build date Wk23 (12/06/22)
Expected delivery date: End July
This update given to me by VW dealer on 21/05/22
Griff

Post by Griff »

Our (cancelled) Tour has left the factory. I was given the opportunity to uncancel. I haven’t; SWMBO wouldn’t let me!
You couldn't make this up! Oh.... wait, I did....
Griff wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:51 am
Although I am happy for you that you are getting a resolution and can move on with your life, I can't help feeling that I am being cheated out of a good ending of a long-running soap opera. Will they, won't they, this month, next month, MY22.5..... I had a vision that your car would be deliverd 1st June and the following weekend would be declared a national holiday :D
Soap Opera: at the end of Season 1 it is revealed that (as suspected) VW had hid Utumno's Tour behind a tree in Emden in order to prolong his managing "The Spreadsheet"....it was the only way VW could track progress in the UK!!

What is in store in Season 2??? Utumno buys a Zoe.... SWMBO runs away with a guy with a Polestar..... the tracker shows no outstanding delays ???????
:: ID.3 Life Pro :: Manganese Grey :: East Derry Alloys :: Tow Hitch ::
January 2022.
Pod Point Solo 3 Home Charger.
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

This is sad but funny. What’s the latest on the Y? It seems VW like to follow Tesla so much that even your ID3 decided it won’t be ready until your Model Y is…
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Oofft. You just know that if you did decide to take up their offer it'd probably arrive at the dealers in December.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Sure you don't want to uncancel it and immediately sell on, to offset the higher cost of the Tesla?
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:07 pm

Sure you don't want to uncancel it and immediately sell on, to offset the higher cost of the Tesla?
Haven't got the cash to bridge it, and we can't afford the finance for the ID.3 and the Tesla both. Plus the hassle factor.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Griff wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:28 am

You couldn't make this up! Oh.... wait, I did....
Griff wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:51 am
Although I am happy for you that you are getting a resolution and can move on with your life, I can't help feeling that I am being cheated out of a good ending of a long-running soap opera. Will they, won't they, this month, next month, MY22.5..... I had a vision that your car would be deliverd 1st June and the following weekend would be declared a national holiday :D
Soap Opera: at the end of Season 1 it is revealed that (as suspected) VW had hid Utumno's Tour behind a tree in Emden in order to prolong his managing "The Spreadsheet"....it was the only way VW could track progress in the UK!!

What is in store in Season 2??? Utumno buys a Zoe.... SWMBO runs away with a guy with a Polestar..... the tracker shows no outstanding delays ???????

Genuine belly laugh here 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

rikimaru wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:02 pm

This is sad but funny. What’s the latest on the Y? It seems VW like to follow Tesla so much that even your ID3 decided it won’t be ready until your Model Y is…

The Y is still being estimated for a 17-30 June collection, but I don't have a VIN yet so who knows how accurate that is going to be 😂. It hasn't changed for a while though, and many others are being quoted similar delivery dates on TMC, so I'm reasonably hopeful.

SWMBO is perfectly happy with the situation though, so at least the earache is wearing off...
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Flaming76

Post by Flaming76 »

Once you have a vw order number can you check it’s status with any dealership? Just in case you don’t trust the feedback you’re getting 🤔
Fam Pro Perf, 19” Andoya alloys, bike rack prep in turquoise.
Ordered 20.10.21 dealer placed order 25.10.21
Estimated delivery early May 2022, now status 20 build week 38, status 60 early Nov, delivery December!!
Order No 31515***