Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

sidehaas wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:19 am
alex1337 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:07 am I've been lurking on here for a bit now. I placed an order with a leasing company for a Life Pro Performance in Moonstone Grey already on order and due October supposedly, though based on my readings on here I'm taking that with a pinch of salt.

They sent me this though which contains MY23 changes, nothing really exciting from an ID.3 perspective! Just 1 line "0E: Mythos Black is renamed Grenadill Black"
Bizarre, I didn't even realise it had ever been possible to order an ID3 in black, mythos or otherwise.
They obviously don't think they need to do anything to prop up demand!
Yeah that just looks like a place holder if I've ever seen one. Even the picture of the ID3 in that PDF is of a MY22, doesn't look there is any of the new sensors on it. From the marketing that VW put out towards the end of 2021, the MY23 will be more significant than the MY22.5 changes.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker

Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

sidehaas wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:19 am
alex1337 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:07 am I've been lurking on here for a bit now. I placed an order with a leasing company for a Life Pro Performance in Moonstone Grey already on order and due October supposedly, though based on my readings on here I'm taking that with a pinch of salt.

They sent me this though which contains MY23 changes, nothing really exciting from an ID.3 perspective! Just 1 line "0E: Mythos Black is renamed Grenadill Black"
Bizarre, I didn't even realise it had ever been possible to order an ID3 in black, mythos or otherwise.
They obviously don't think they need to do anything to prop up demand!
The black refers to the roof colour.
Mikee

Post by Mikee »

Got an update from the leasing firm last night.

Delivery date has moved forwards from October to July hopefully and I have a confirmed build week of 24/06/2022.

Not getting my hopes up yet but hoping it arrives before the summer holidays.
Family Pro - Kings Red - Sport Suspension - Alloys - Heat Pump
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

BREAKING NEWS !!

UTUMNO EV SAGA ENDS; SEASON TWO OF MUCH-LOVED SOAP OPERA PLACED ON HIATUS

I'm collecting the Tesla on 25 June 2022. Finally, I get the EV I didn't expect to be getting 😂
Last edited by Utumno on Fri May 27, 2022 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

Utumno wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:49 pm BREAKING NEWS !!

I'm collecting the Tesla on 25 June. Finally, I get the EV I didn't expect to be getting 😂
is that june 2022 or june 2023? :)
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

MattgID3 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:53 pm

I'm collecting the Tesla on 25 June. Finally, I get the EV I didn't expect to be getting 😂
Definitely 2022 🎉
Tesla Model Y Long Range

the.kes

Post by the.kes »

Utumno wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:01 pm

Definitely 2022 🎉
"Definitely", I thought that was a word never used on this thread. ;)
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

Definitely 2022 🎉
Very good news!
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

the.kes wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:06 pm

Definitely 2022 🎉
"Definitely", I thought that was a word never used on this thread. ;)

"You definitely won't see your ID.3's within six months of ordering" seems legit though 😂

If it's any consolation, it seems there are many disappointed folks on TMC who haven't had their vehicle orders fulfilled this time around. Everywhere is having trouble building EV's, though I maintain VW have made very early and unnecessarily heavy weather of that trouble :D
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

KlausBarbie wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:38 pm Hi everyone. I have just registered my account but browsed the forums as a guest in preparation for my ID3 arriving.

I have an issue with my ID3 order and want to see if anyone has any links/advice to confirm my suspicions.
1. I ordered my ID3 on 30 Sep 2021 and estimated delivery was 31 March 2022. Order number and build week 50 was confirmed
2. My sales agent used to send me a monthly update about my ID3 but suddenly stopped this around Feb 2022. My very rare and polite emails asking for any update went completely unaswered. The last update was in Feb saying the car was built but because of Russia/Ukraine it was missing an electrical harness which are made in Ukraine
3. I had a golf I was trading in (on PCP) and because the ID3 wasn't forthcoming, I decided to buy the golf rather than refinance
4. I complained to VW about the ghosting and they apologised and assigned a new sales agent to me.
5. Here's the strange thing, the sales director in his email today said sorry blah blah, your car still doesn't have a build week and here's your order number. It was a different order number though and doesn't match to all the info I had been told before. He also added that I wouldn't receive the ID3 in the next 12 months

-I suspect they received my ID3 and sold it for quick profit while margins were sky high. Is there a way I can check the status of both order numbers without relying on my sales agent?
If your dealership sold your initial order, isn't it fraud? I cannot understand why a dealership will risk their franchise with VW UK to do this..... yes, a few extra thousand pounds profit for committing a legal offence.....

If you have your initial order number, you may be able to email VW in Germany and confirm if the car is built or not and raise it with their CEO your concern. I don't understand why a different order number is given.

Email : herbert.diess@volkswagen.de

and tweet your story. Hopefully, it will get their notice.....
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid
Picker1

Post by Picker1 »

Popped into the dealership today.
My salesman has been very good in updating me on a regular basis but thought that seeing as I was in the area I would give him a visit.
My build date has changed yet again and is now week 39 which was a later date than the last update I was given.
We had a good chat about dates and he told me they seem to be changing on an almost daily basis and he has customers that have been waiting for over a year.
I’m quite disappointed with the latest build date as I have seen other September 2021 orders now coming through and not sure when I will ever see mine.
My heart says cancel and get something else while my head is telling me I will never get a deal as good as the one I have on the ID.3.

ID.3 Family Pro Performance
White
East Derry wheels
Ordered 20/9/21
Order number 31469***
Build week 39 (latest update)
Andy1966

Post by Andy1966 »

Picker1 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:31 pm My heart says cancel and get something else while my head is telling me I will never get a deal as good as the one I have on the ID.3.
That's the only thing keeping me cancelling as well!
I almost feel like I'm hassling the salespeople but then I remember the deposit!
Fingers crossed we may have a clearer picture soon!
Ordered 31st Oct 2021 - Family Pro Performance
Original delivery date 31/04/2022 now 12/01/2023
Updated build date Wk 50
Finally collected 21/01/23
Order number 31064***
daern

Post by daern »

Andy1966 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:57 pm I almost feel like I'm hassling the salespeople but then I remember the deposit!
Surely, anyone cancelling would have a very good case to get their deposit back in full? Tougher call if you need to re-order now, at new, inflated prices of course.

We had to take a bit of a hit when we moved from ID.3 to Born (even right back at the start of the year), but still think it was probably worthwhile especially given the ongoing soap-opera of VW deliveries. That said, I still don't have a new car on my drive so who knows what will happen next...
Cupra Born V2 - Vapor Grey
Lease order placed in Jan '22
Dealer order placed in March '22
Build date confirmed, delivery due late-July '22
ID.3 Family Pro - ordered Jan, optimistically due end of '22. Cancelled in Feb
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

daern wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:13 pm
Andy1966 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:57 pm I almost feel like I'm hassling the salespeople but then I remember the deposit!
Surely, anyone cancelling would have a very good case to get their deposit back in full? Tougher call if you need to re-order now, at new, inflated prices of course.

We had to take a bit of a hit when we moved from ID.3 to Born (even right back at the start of the year), but still think it was probably worthwhile especially given the ongoing soap-opera of VW deliveries. That said, I still don't have a new car on my drive so who knows what will happen next...
Unless Cupra are actively getting build slot allocations as yet unclaimed, to leapfrog current ID3 orders placed, I'm not sure you'll get a Born quicker than the ID3 you had on order will get built. They're part of the same group, essentially building 2 different variants of the same car, using the same parts (approximately) in the same plant.

Anyone with a current VAG order looking to jump to another VAG car and ditch the original order is probably going to be disappointed. Seems that P2/M3/MY models built to stock in China are the only EVs without a long wait right now.

RRPs are up for new orders, grants and deposit contributions are down. Given a dealer will sell a cancelled car instantly when it gets built anyway, there's no justification for dealers retaining deposits as they won't be out of pocket if you cancel.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

[/quote]
Everywhere is having trouble building EV's
[/quote]

Definitely. I had a day off today so I spent some time visiting my local Nissan and Tesla dealerships, both of them said it wouldn't be until next year before they would be able to deliver a new order today. The guy in Nissan was very up front about it, said its killing his take home pay because they're selling fuck all.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

daern

Post by daern »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:21 pm Unless Cupra are actively getting build slot allocations as yet unclaimed, to leapfrog current ID3 orders placed, I'm not sure you'll get a Born quicker than the ID3 you had on order will get built. They're part of the same group, essentially building 2 different variants of the same car, using the same parts (approximately) in the same plant.
From discussions with the local dealer and my lease company, this is exactly what will be happening (at least to a limited extent) so they can get these new model cars out on the road and sell more of them. By the sound of it, there's been a fixed quantity go through, so only the first first orders will get satisfied this way - orders placed since then will be much further down the queue, probably similar to other VAG brands. I presume all this was planned out well in advance to fuel the launch of the new model, and I guess the same will happen with the ID.5 too.

I believe the initial build stock all went to dealers for demo/showroom use and I've not heard of anyone actually managing to buy one of these yet. I don't believe there's been a single UK customer car delivered yet (someone will probably correct me if I'm wrong!) since the arrival of those first cars back in mid-late March. I guess we won't know for sure until the first cars appear, but in theory our build week was two weeks ago and I've been told to expect delivery in "late July", so we sit and wait...
Cupra Born V2 - Vapor Grey
Lease order placed in Jan '22
Dealer order placed in March '22
Build date confirmed, delivery due late-July '22
ID.3 Family Pro - ordered Jan, optimistically due end of '22. Cancelled in Feb
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

👆 this.

The marketroids will want to get cars out after announcing them, otherwise the marketing budget is utterly wasted.

The solution, obviously, is to stop announcing new vehicle launches until the fricken factory can make the cars they've already sold/announced.

It's not like VW didn't know about production problems in time to hold back marketing spend, after all, even though marketing campaign spend is booked up a year in advance.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

MLB_ID3

Post by MLB_ID3 »

I do think part of VW groups problem (seemingly longer delays than other brands) is the amount of variants that have launched on the MEB platform. Buy, I accept that's my personal guess work....
Order date: 9th October
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya Alloys
Original delivery estimates: March, April, May now Autumn
Previous build weeks: 19, 22
Estimated build week: 2022 wk38
** Cancelled **
MLB_ID3

Post by MLB_ID3 »

Just had an update from the dealership. Pushed back to week 38. It was week 22 (next week). Still status 10.

At least the dealer apologised for ruining my weekend!
Order date: 9th October
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya Alloys
Original delivery estimates: March, April, May now Autumn
Previous build weeks: 19, 22
Estimated build week: 2022 wk38
** Cancelled **
Peter_2947

Post by Peter_2947 »

Utumno wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:36 pm 👆 this.

The marketroids will want to get cars out after announcing them, otherwise the marketing budget is utterly wasted.

The solution, obviously, is to stop announcing new vehicle launches until the fricken factory can make the cars they've already sold/announced.

It's not like VW didn't know about production problems in time to hold back marketing spend, after all, even though marketing campaign spend is booked up a year in advance.
Big market launch, ship a few thousand vehicles and then move on to launching the next new model. All so they can meet their commitment to their shareholders - launch 27 new BEVs by end of 2022. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/heres ... 1633436888
VW don't seem to care if anybody who places an order actually gets a car. I surpose what do you expect from a company with track record of misleading and lying to their customers
ID.3 Family Pro Performance in Moonstone Grey with 18" East Derry Alloys
Order# 31503xxx 15 Oct 21 (wk41) code 20 wk39, delivered Nov 18th :D
Driving Tesla M3 SR+
Tesla M3 RWD ordered Jan 22, now on hold
Hypervolt Home 2.0 EVSE