Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Ebwoy

Post by Ebwoy »

Collected my Family Pro Performance (w/Infotainment Pack) yesterday after ordering mid-August.

Traded in an almost identical ID.3 without the Infotainment Pack, ‘21 plates and got back close to £3k in equity! Would have gotten an extra £600.00 from WeBuyAnyCar.com, but decided to stick with the dealer as I liked out sales-person and after he/they brought their purchase offer up considerably in an effort to come close to WeBuyAnyCar.com.

New car has 22.5 with v3.0. Side sensors, so also includes Park assist plus, which is awesome.
Also loving the new seat design and materials, defo feels less cheap than the previous version.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance: Metallic - Manganese Grey w/Infotainment Pack (Collected June ‘22)

OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Ebwoy wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:20 am Collected my Family Pro Performance (w/Infotainment Pack) yesterday after ordering mid-August.

Traded in an almost identical ID.3 without the Infotainment Pack, ‘21 plates and got back close to £3k in equity! Would have gotten an extra £600.00 from WeBuyAnyCar.com, but decided to stick with the dealer as I liked out sales-person and after he/they brought their purchase offer up considerably in an effort to come close to WeBuyAnyCar.com.

New car has 22.5 with v3.0. Side sensors, so also includes Park assist plus, which is awesome.
Also loving the new seat design and materials, defo feels less cheap than the previous version.
Nice! I would really like the park assist in my next EV.
Glad so many are getting ID3’s through now…
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
Stumac

Post by Stumac »

Just been told I have a confirmed week 26 build. First time I have been given a confirmed date... How long are they taking from build to delivery... You watch, something else will go wrong now, Brexit protocol or port strikes....
Family Pro ordered 7thSep21
Manganese Grey | Andoyas | Bike Carrier Prep
Build week 26, confirmed (06.06)
31455XXX
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Stumac wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:10 am Just been told I have a confirmed week 26 build. First time I have been given a confirmed date... How long are they taking from build to delivery... You watch, something else will go wrong now, Brexit protocol or port strikes....

Maybe 2-6 weeks in build, and 4 further weeks for shipping/PDI. That said there are plenty of examples of Family specs being 20+ weeks in build...
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
michbright

Post by michbright »

Hi. I'm a new user, but I've been lurking for a while now...

We test drove the ID.3 at two different dealerships and ordered ours on 28/04/22 in Makena Turquoise through Motorfinity as the other half gets a Blue Light card discount.

If I were to order from the dealership direct, I would have chosen the second one as the first one was quite sure we'd get the car within 6 months, but the second sales person was more upfront and told us realistically we were looking at 12 months plus, which if I'm honest, I don't mind as we have HP on a Seat Alhambra that finishes in 3 months, so we'll only be paying for one car when the ID.3 eventually arrives.

Can I be added to the updates please? I'll try get the order number today to add to it.
Life Pro Performance ordered 28/04/22
Makena Turquoise
Build week ??
Order number 32171xxx
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

“We are still awaiting a production date from the manufacturer. I understand this is frustrating for you but we are seeing lead times on average of 12 months across all vehicles at the moment.

We will continue to update you with your order, if you have any further questions please let me know.

Many Thanks”

Just received an email. Piss poor & beyond a joke now.
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
Sauscat

Post by Sauscat »

ag-indie wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:22 pm “We are still awaiting a production date from the manufacturer. I understand this is frustrating for you but we are seeing lead times on average of 12 months across all vehicles at the moment.

We will continue to update you with your order, if you have any further questions please let me know.

Many Thanks”

Just received an email. Piss poor & beyond a joke now.

Was this reply from Zenith or Listers?
MLB_ID3

Post by MLB_ID3 »

Bit of an update from me. I've test driven a Cupra Born today and the dealership near me has cars in stock. So.... I'm jumping over to the Born. V2 with tech pack in Vapor Grey. I pick it up next Friday.

I've took a hit on the part exchange value of my current car (less than last Oct) and of course no government grant but I'm fed up of waiting. It's still in the range of what I'm was willing to pay per month when I ordered the ID3 so that made my mind up. So, I will be cancelling my ID3 order. Best of luck to you guys still waiting.
Order date: 9th October
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya Alloys
Original delivery estimates: March, April, May now Autumn
Previous build weeks: 19, 22
Estimated build week: 2022 wk38
** Cancelled **
jimbaxter

Post by jimbaxter »

MLB_ID3 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:44 pm Bit of an update from me. I've test driven a Cupra Born today and the dealership near me has cars in stock. So.... I'm jumping over to the Born. V2 with tech pack in Vapor Grey. I pick it up next Friday.

I've took a hit on the part exchange value of my current car (less than last Oct) and of course no government grant but I'm fed up of waiting. It's still in the range of what I'm was willing to pay per month when I ordered the ID3 so that made my mind up. So, I will be cancelling my ID3 order. Best of luck to you guys still waiting.
I don't blame you, nice that you have a car sorted and the Cupra Born seems a reskinned ID3.

Out of curiosity which dealership was that from, in case it is near me? :)
13th Jan: Ordered ID3 Family Pro Performance in Moonstone Grey.
Order #315109xx
ETA 01/2023 (Car part of pre-orders from Oct 2021)

Last update 19th Aug: Build Week 49/2022
ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
MLB_ID3

Post by MLB_ID3 »

It's Bristol Street Motors Seat/Cupra (Birmingham). They have v1, v2 and v3 in stock. It appears dealers were allocated stock cars as part of the launch alongside the orders for new Borns when they opened the order books. I've read on a Facebook group ID3 builds were pushed back to make capacity for the launch of the Born. That could be just rumour tho.
** Cancelled **
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

MLB_ID3 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:44 pm Bit of an update from me. I've test driven a Cupra Born today and the dealership near me has cars in stock. So.... I'm jumping over to the Born. V2 with tech pack in Vapor Grey. I pick it up next Friday.

Interesting choice. I wouldn’t rule it out as a replacement for my ID3.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

MLB_ID3 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:10 pm It's Bristol Street Motors Seat/Cupra (Birmingham). They have v1, v2 and v3 in stock. It appears dealers were allocated stock cars as part of the launch alongside the orders for new Borns when they opened the order books. I've read on a Facebook group ID3 builds were pushed back to make capacity for the launch of the Born. That could be just rumour tho.
Any 230ps variants in stock that you know of? What was the deal - list price, with no uplifts?
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
MLB_ID3

Post by MLB_ID3 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:15 pm
MLB_ID3 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:10 pm It's Bristol Street Motors Seat/Cupra (Birmingham). They have v1, v2 and v3 in stock. It appears dealers were allocated stock cars as part of the launch alongside the orders for new Borns when they opened the order books. I've read on a Facebook group ID3 builds were pushed back to make capacity for the launch of the Born. That could be just rumour tho.
Any 230ps variants in stock that you know of? What was the deal - list price, with no uplifts?

I don't know about 230PS. And yes it was list price. I think deals will be hard to come by at the moment. You can download the list price and specs on the Cupra site.
** Cancelled **
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

MLB_ID3 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:32 pm

I don't know about 230PS. And yes it was list price. I think deals will be hard to come by at the moment. You can download the list price and specs on the Cupra site.
There's 42 Borns on Autotrader at the moment, and only 4 of them are 230ps, and 2 of those are 77kWh batteries. 2 are above list, 2 are at list with an option or 2 I don't want. According to Motorway.co.uk, my ID3 Life has gone up £120 since last week.

duncsand

Post by duncsand »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:39 pm

There's 42 Borns on Autotrader at the moment, and only 4 of them are 230ps, and 2 of those are 77kWh batteries. 2 are above list, 2 are at list with an option or 2 I don't want. According to Motorway.co.uk, my ID3 Life has gone up £120 since last week.
I've contacted a couple of those dealers and it's clear they are just putting "example" cars up to attract attention - when I asked "can you confirm this spec car in this colour is available at this price" I got evasive answers. One offered to send a list of available cars, which turned out to be a list of one and not the one they were advertising! There's clearly cars out there, but I'd take those ads with a pinch of salt.
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, build week 25, confirmed built 1st July, collected from dealer 20th July.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

duncsand wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:57 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:39 pm

I've contacted a couple of those dealers and it's clear they are just putting "example" cars up to attract attention - when I asked "can you confirm this spec car in this colour is available at this price" I got evasive answers. One offered to send a list of available cars, which turned out to be a list of one and not the one they were advertising! There's clearly cars out there, but I'd take those ads with a pinch of salt.
There's sometimes a little overlap, when each dealership in a large group claims to have a number of cars, when really they have joint access to a pool of cars, seen that plenty of times within the VW network, and there's sometimes the dealerships that claim to have a car when in reality they've ordered a car of that spec and its months from being with them. Of course some are probably just overstating their stock. Made me laugh that so many of those dealerships are offering "free first year's VED" when all new cars come with a year's VED anyway, regardless of what they are, and all fully electric cars currently attract £0 VED anyway.

CG38

Post by CG38 »

Got a good news update for my Family Pro today… the unconfirmed build week has been brought forward to week 41. A whole 1 week improvement! 🙃🙃
Family Pro - East Derry Wheels.
Collected 16/01/23
LiamStarling

Post by LiamStarling »

Well, certainly dont want to jinx anything. Received my monthly update email from Leaseplan today and my estimated delivery is still on target for 15th July!
Whenever I received a delay it was always on the month prior to delivery, this time nothing changed........
ID3 Life Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey
East Derry Wheels
Ordered 27/09/2021
Estimated Delivery 29/07/2022
Deleted User 1676

Post by Deleted User 1676 »

Update from our dealer. They went from being regular with updates, sending videos etc, to silence.

I chased after nine weeks and was told

"all cars that were due to be built bw 21-25 are going through a model year change so it has been put back to 00 which is nothing to worry about it just means that once it has gone through the change it will get a date.

At the moment it is saying current 36 which is just where it is going through the change they do jump back forward"

I get it. Global problems, supplies, plagues, pestilence. Speak to your customers, even the understanding ones. I chased up my car three weeks after the last quoted build date to learn that it is pushed back by sixteen weeks. I could have done with knowing that.
SDH7

Post by SDH7 »

Voodubber wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:10 am
"all cars that were due to be built bw 21-25 are going through a model year change so it has been put back to 00 which is nothing to worry about it just means that once it has gone through the change it will get a date.
Hmm. The changeover to 22.5 has already happened given those cars are filtering through and there has been absolutely no mention of MY23, which presumably due later on this year.

Sounds a bit like porky pies?
ID4 Life Pure
Status 30 as of 16/06
NHS Fleet Order from VW Pulman