Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
darknite1

Post by darknite1 »

Just an update to say I collect my id3 life pro performance Monday. I could of collected today but with the heat and work commitments I decided to wait a few extra days. I ordered 4th of October 2021.

Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

DSMT wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:49 pm After 9 and a half months our car is now at dealers and should be ready for us to finally collect it on Thursday 21st July.
Really looking forward to it after all this time.
Is it worth getting any extras when we pick it up or do those separately - the official carpet car mats or get ones online that fit? 3 pin charger from VW? Any service / maintenance worth signing up to?
Thanks, and good luck to those still waiting for builds and hope you also go from no news of build week at all to a month later having a car ready to collect
Hi DSMT,

I was offered the service plan from the dealership for £239.00 which includes 1x Service, 1x MOT, 1 x Brake Fluid Change, 1x Pollen Filter, on the VW's website it is advertised at £338.10. Also, at my dealership, they are offering 10% off for ID.3 accessories and on that basis, I purchased the ID 3's mat, there are different mats for ID3, Standard, LUXURY CARPET MATS & all weather, I eventually decided on the Luxury mat. I have also purchased the following accessories:

1.) LOADING SILL PROTECTION
2.) DOOR SILL PROTECTION FILM
3.) FLEXIBLE LOADLINER
4.) Front and Rear Mud flaps

Please find the link to the accessories for your reference: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/files/live ... sories.pdf

There are some photos of my car on the chats (Page 267) . Please have a look.

Thanks
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

lunajai wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:33 am Hiya! I'm fuming here! I've emailed the Executive Office also as our dealership says that they are unable to get updates on individual orders from VW. I've now been assigned a case manager. If anyone wants a copy of the letter I sent to VW executive office PM me.

My partner noticed that they are no longer selling Manganese Grey. I'm wondering if the delay could be caused by an issue with the paint?
Is it possible to add colour to the spreadsheet? As I think this could be a factor in the delays?

The dealer did tell me that my grant is OK until October at least even though I ordered in August.

I've got some more details so my spreadsheet entry can be updated. The rest of the information is accurate.
Dealer: Vertu Leeds
Order number: 31430***
Estimated delivery: 15th December 2021
I think you’ll find the executive office are also USELESS!
they’ll phone you yes pretty quickly & say they’ve raised it with the factory.
Then whenever you contact them again it’s the same old supply issues etc etc contact dealer. Just the generic crap they’ll forward you.
I can’t see the colour being an issue at all??
Absolutely shit service.
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
ChrisTurner

Post by ChrisTurner »

Hi all. Just joined.

Also just got a confirmed build date - week 34 (22nd August), which possibly means delivery at the end of September.

It's been so long since we made the order (Sept/Oct last year), I've forgotten the full spec!
Id3 Life Pro 145PS Moonstone Grey (with cycle carrier and heat pump as extras) ordered 2nd October ‘21.
"Confirmed" build - week 34 (22nd August).
Collected on 26th September '22.
LiamStarling

Post by LiamStarling »

Confirmed delivery day on 29th July!
Over 300 days from ordering to delivery.
ID3 Life Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey
East Derry Wheels
Ordered 27/09/2021
Estimated Delivery 29/07/2022
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

LiamStarling wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:34 pm Confirmed delivery day on 29th July!
Over 300 days from ordering to delivery.
Excellent news!
Have you had build weeks throughout? I’ve never had one & still waiting.
Order date 25/10/2021
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
lunajai

Post by lunajai »

ag-indie wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:44 pm
lunajai wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:33 am Hiya! I'm fuming here! I've emailed the Executive Office also as our dealership says that they are unable to get updates on individual orders from VW. I've now been assigned a case manager. If anyone wants a copy of the letter I sent to VW executive office PM me.

My partner noticed that they are no longer selling Manganese Grey. I'm wondering if the delay could be caused by an issue with the paint?
Is it possible to add colour to the spreadsheet? As I think this could be a factor in the delays?

The dealer did tell me that my grant is OK until October at least even though I ordered in August.

I've got some more details so my spreadsheet entry can be updated. The rest of the information is accurate.
Then whenever you contact them again it’s the same old supply issues etc etc contact dealer. Just the generic crap they’ll forward you.
Absolutely shit service.
Thanks ag-indie—I got a brilliant update from the Executive Office this morning... you won't believe it!
Yes... it was.... an email (!) with the exact same text as the letter we all got sent by VW 6-months ago. Incredible!!!! They didn't even bother with the phone call.
My mind is at ease and I am so confident in their ability to fulfill my order and I am so excited to be dealing with them for the next XX years of car ownership 💀
Family Pro Manganese w/ East Derry
Ordered start of August 2021
Order no: 31430***
Final bw: 39
Mood: (Not so) fuming
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

lunajai wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:53 am

Absolutely shit service.
Thanks ag-indie—I got a brilliant update from the Executive Office this morning... you won't believe it!
Yes... it was.... an email (!) with the exact same text as the letter we all got sent by VW 6-months ago. Incredible!!!! They didn't even bother with the phone call.
My mind is at ease and I am so confident in their ability to fulfill my order and I am so excited to be dealing with them for the next XX years of car ownership 💀
😂
Makes me want to contact them even more now because their customer service is world class 😁
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
daniele89ct

Post by daniele89ct »

Hi All, I'm a new User.
I've ordered my ID.3 Family 58kwh Pro on the 6th of October 2021. And since then it has been a nightmare.
The delivery has been postponed already 8 times, and I just discovered that VW removed the assigned build week so the dealership now can't provide any build week or estimated delivery.
The status code is 00 Without Production Week. I find this extremely disappointing. Especially when I read in this forum that other customers have already received their car (or are about to) having ordered around the same period.
Do you have any suggestions for what I should do? I'm really don't know what to think at this stage and seriously considering to cancel my order.
duncsand

Post by duncsand »

I picked up my id.3 Family Pro Performance first thing this morning. New seats and version 3.0, as expected. Initial impressions:
- Everything incredibly well screwed together as you'd expect from VW. No shakes or rattles, the car feels solid as a rock to drive.
- With the new seats the interior looks really nice. Nice dark/light contrast that lifts the feeling.
- I don't know why people complain about the haptic controls on the steering wheel - I found them instantly intuitive. You have to press deliberately to use them, they don't activate with a casual touch.
- Infotainment screen is fine - again, I think concerns are a bit overblown. It's not Apple-level responsiveness,, but equally it's far from being the worst I've used. Perfectly acceptable and a massive step up from what was in my previous 10 year/old car.
- Apple Car Play is brilliant and instantly familiar!
- The features are all a bit overwhelming right now - I've never had a car with so much "stuff" in it! Most of it can be ignored, but I feel a weekend of tinkering is needed to get familiar with how it all works.
- Slightly concerned about the lack of anything to deal with a puncture - apparently you just phone VW. No tire sealant, no spare wheel. Mind you, the two times I've had a proper puncture I've had to call for assistance anyway (one time the alloy wheel had fused to the car and I couldn't get it off, the other time the spare wheel didn't have the different sized wheel nuts needed to fit it).

Really pleased so far and to everyone waiting, I'd say it'll be worth it!
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, build week 25, confirmed built 1st July, collected from dealer 20th July.
alex1337

Post by alex1337 »

daniele89ct wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:41 am Hi All, I'm a new User.
I've ordered my ID.3 Family 58kwh Pro on the 6th of October 2021. And since then it has been a nightmare.
The delivery has been postponed already 8 times, and I just discovered that VW removed the assigned build week so the dealership now can't provide any build week or estimated delivery.
The status code is 00 Without Production Week. I find this extremely disappointing. Especially when I read in this forum that other customers have already received their car (or are about to) having ordered around the same period.
Do you have any suggestions for what I should do? I'm really don't know what to think at this stage and seriously considering to cancel my order.
I suggest waiting a little bit longer. You've waited this long and it seems rare for someone to wait 12 months. Apparently with the MY23 update people have had their build week reset on the system. It may mean nothing.
ID.3 Tour Pro S Glacier White - Plan Car Leasing. Build week... 69?

Now cancelled for a Cupra Born V2 Vapor Grey arriving September 2022
Osemans

Post by Osemans »

Hi, also new user.

I read this forum and noticed that cars ordered same time as my car were starting to get delivered. I got my hopes up and contacted my dealer for further infomation on production week.

I ordered 1st of October 2021, first delivery estimation was 4-6 months. Then it was postponed to May. Then "lets see after the summer", and now the status code was 00 without production week also for me. Dealer told that most likely the production will delay "at least until the end of this year"! Super dissappointed. I was also told this was becouse the amount of options I chose.

The car in case is VOLKSWAGEN ID.3 Pro S Business Max 150 kW, 77 kWh, 4-seater
ID.3 Pro S Max, 77 kWh
Heat pump, Sports pack, Andøya, glacier white
Ordered: 7/October/2021
Delivered 17 March 2023
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

Reply from executive office, useless service!

Thank you for your email.
I apologise for the inconvenience that as been caused with the delay of the vehicle.
Please be advised this is the highest point of escalation in Volkswagen UK, we are unable to offer you any further support or information regarding the vehicle order. All sales are managed by our dealers, any further updates on the vehicle will be provided to you by the dealer.

I understand you remain unhappy but this is our final response.
Thank you for contacting Volkswagen UK.

Yours sincerely

Chikonkha Ndhlovu
Volkswagen Customer Services Centre
Tel: 0333 003 7199
E-mail: executive.office@volkswagen.co.uk
Internet: www.volkswagen.co.uk
Order date 25/10/2021
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
alex1337

Post by alex1337 »

Even for a canned response that's shocking!
ID.3 Tour Pro S Glacier White - Plan Car Leasing. Build week... 69?

Now cancelled for a Cupra Born V2 Vapor Grey arriving September 2022
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

World class customer service right here! Ffs if I worked in this fashion then questions would be asked of me!

We have contacted the factory and once there is an update the dealer will be noticed.
Volkswagen UK provides no price protection or commitment to honour subsidies, therefore, we will not be honouring the government plug in grant should the delivery go beyond 12 months

I appreciate this is not the response you were hoping for, but I would like to assure you we have given your case our utmost attention and this will be Volkswagen UK's final response on the matter.
Any further correspondence on this matter will be acknowledged, but may not be responded to.

Yours sincerely

Chikonkha Ndhlovu
Last edited by ag-indie on Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Order date 25/10/2021
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

daniele89ct wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:41 am Hi All, I'm a new User.
I wouldn't worry about having a status code as having a status code of 10 didn't seem to mean much. In terms of cancelling the order then unless you manage to find something in stock at a dealer then you are unlikely to get anything sooner than your order from October. Guess it depends how much you are needing the car asap and how much you are willing to pay to get something in stock/second hand.

No idea why my order from November seems to be on its way. Looks like pot luck but obviously can't be. Still half thinking the dealer is having me on.
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

duncsand wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:44 am
- Slightly concerned about the lack of anything to deal with a puncture - apparently you just phone VW. No tire sealant, no spare wheel. Mind you, the two times I've had a proper puncture I've had to call for assistance anyway (one time the alloy wheel had fused to the car and I couldn't get it off, the other time the spare wheel didn't have the different sized wheel nuts needed to fit it).
Did you get it with 19 or 20 inch alloys added? If so those come with 'self sealing' tyres so no repair kit is provided. However if it's on 18 inch tyres (whether steel wheels or East Derry alloys) then the tyres are not self sealing and you should have been provided with a repair kit (pump and gunk). It's normally left in the cavity under the boot just inside the boot lip.

P.S. I agree about the car, I think it's great. The infotainment does seem to get a bit slower/laggier with use unfortunately, but it's still not as bad as people make out.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

lunajai wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:53 am

Absolutely shit service.
Had the same issues with VW U.K, they just dish out the standard Email and get your Dealer to phone you. VW in Germany did at least apologise and tell me that delivery times would start easing in the 3rd and 4th quarters of this year as they were ramping up production. I think personally VW should ditch their UK Executive and just do online sales like other marques are doing.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

ag-indie wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:57 am World class customer service right here! Ffs if I worked in this fashion then questions would be asked of me!

We have contacted the factory and once there is an update the dealer will be noticed.
Volkswagen UK provides no price protection or commitment to honour subsidies, therefore, we will not be honouring the government plug in grant should the delivery go beyond 12 months

I appreciate this is not the response you were hoping for, but I would like to assure you we have given your case our utmost attention and this will be Volkswagen UK's final response on the matter.
Any further correspondence on this matter will be acknowledged, but may not be responded to.

Yours sincerely

Chikonkha Ndhlovu
Wow, absolutely piss poor on both responses. Shameful bastards.
They should honour the grant etc as this is their shitstorm they've caused. Never mind the id5 and buzz and whatever else they're launching...build the id3s ffs.

Utter horror show of a company.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Casparh

Post by Casparh »

the.kes wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:26 pm
fromthechair wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:47 pm Things could be looking good for future deliveries according to VW info just released states 700 more EV's were delivered the first half of this year compared to last, 26,000 ID3's delivered in Europe so far this year, Just wish they would be more transparent about deliveries to individual countries or bring back order tracking, See link below,

https://www.greencarcongress.com/2022/0 ... wbevs.html
When they say “selling” they clearly put the Audi brand before the less financially beneficial cars such as the ID3. They are producing the most profitable over our cars, proportionately they cannot be “selling” nearly as many Audis as ID3s.
Not necessarily... My sister in law ordered her Audi etron last November, her current delivery estimate is first quarter 2023!