Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

duncsand wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:44 am I picked up my id.3 Family Pro Performance first thing this morning. New seats and version 3.0, as expected. Initial impressions:
- Everything incredibly well screwed together as you'd expect from VW. No shakes or rattles, the car feels solid as a rock to drive.
- With the new seats the interior looks really nice. Nice dark/light contrast that lifts the feeling.
- I don't know why people complain about the haptic controls on the steering wheel - I found them instantly intuitive. You have to press deliberately to use them, they don't activate with a casual touch.
- Infotainment screen is fine - again, I think concerns are a bit overblown. It's not Apple-level responsiveness,, but equally it's far from being the worst I've used. Perfectly acceptable and a massive step up from what was in my previous 10 year/old car.
- Apple Car Play is brilliant and instantly familiar!
- The features are all a bit overwhelming right now - I've never had a car with so much "stuff" in it! Most of it can be ignored, but I feel a weekend of tinkering is needed to get familiar with how it all works.
- Slightly concerned about the lack of anything to deal with a puncture - apparently you just phone VW. No tire sealant, no spare wheel. Mind you, the two times I've had a proper puncture I've had to call for assistance anyway (one time the alloy wheel had fused to the car and I couldn't get it off, the other time the spare wheel didn't have the different sized wheel nuts needed to fit it).

Really pleased so far and to everyone waiting, I'd say it'll be worth it!

Of course, none of this happened unless we see pictures! 🤣
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Glacier White
Ordered circa Sept 21 by Plan Car Leasing
Build week - Unknown, advised March 23 delivery
Order Number - 31401131 - Changed to 31401162

Mark V

Post by Mark V »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:39 amIf you can get on an electric tariff with a cheap overnight rate, the extra cost of a proper 32A/7.4 kW charger is going to pay for itself if you do decent mileage. You'd need that granny charger plugged in for a constant 13 hours to put 50% charge (about 120 miles Summer range) back on your car, vs 4 hours at 7.5p per kWh with Octopus go at the cheap overnight rate. When you're charging over 3 times as long at 4-5 times the monetary rate per kWh, that granny charger isn't going to look half the bargain you think it is.

Do 10k miles pa at a realistic 3.5 miles per kWh average across the year, and you'll need 2857 kWh.

Use that overnight exclusively at the Octopus Go overnight rate and it'll cost you £214, do the same at the current normal rates of 35p per kWh and you'll be paying £1000. That fast charger would pay for itself in year 1 (just about) and you wouldn't be burning out any plug sockets (a plug socket drawing 10A for hours on end is not a good thing).
Hi Monkeyhanger - thanks for taking the time to respond and all points noted - I will give it some serious thought! The intended socket was to be a new MK metal one in the garage (the garage built and wired in 2018 with its own mini consumer unit and 2.5mm wiring). Car gets picked up tomorrow so I will need to figure out my strategy asap. I'm actually starting to think along the lines of public chargers to get my power and not rely on granny as it were! I'm doing around 200 miles a week at the moment (not driving every day) so theoretically thats really only one full charge a week plus a little top up at Tesco.

By the way are you the same MH who was a very helpful member of the Golf R and Gti boards?
2022 (22 plate) Pure performance 150PS - Moonstone Grey (cancelled order), standard spec.
Now Sold!!
duncsand

Post by duncsand »

marknorton1 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:47 am
duncsand wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:44 am I picked up my id.3 Family Pro Performance first thing this morning. New seats and version 3.0, as expected. Initial impressions:
- Everything incredibly well screwed together as you'd expect from VW. No shakes or rattles, the car feels solid as a rock to drive.
- With the new seats the interior looks really nice. Nice dark/light contrast that lifts the feeling.
- I don't know why people complain about the haptic controls on the steering wheel - I found them instantly intuitive. You have to press deliberately to use them, they don't activate with a casual touch.
- Infotainment screen is fine - again, I think concerns are a bit overblown. It's not Apple-level responsiveness,, but equally it's far from being the worst I've used. Perfectly acceptable and a massive step up from what was in my previous 10 year/old car.
- The features are all a bit overwhelming right now - I've never had a car with so much "stuff" in it! Most of it can be ignored, but I feel a weekend of tinkering is needed to get familiar with how it all works.
- Slightly concerned about the lack of anything to deal with a puncture - apparently you just phone VW. No tire sealant, no spare wheel. Mind you, the two times I've had a proper puncture I've had to call for assistance anyway (one time the alloy wheel had fused to the car and I couldn't get it off, the other time the spare wheel didn't have the different sized wheel nuts needed to fit it).

IMG_2329.jpeg

IMG_2328.jpeg

---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, build week 25, confirmed built 1st July, collected from dealer 20th July.
alex1337

Post by alex1337 »

Looks lovely, congrats on getting the car! Pretty certain mine is still raw minerals that probably haven't been mined yet.
ID.3 Tour Pro S Glacier White - Plan Car Leasing. Build week... 69?

Now cancelled for a Cupra Born V2 Vapor Grey arriving September 2022
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

duncsand wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:10 pm

Awesome, thanks, what colour is that out of interest, I’ve got stonewashed blue on order and couldn’t tell if that’s what you have or a grey?
Butternut

Post by Butternut »

Nice to see everyone getting there cars. Fingers crossed there is still hope to get mine in under a year. It’s looking quite bleak though with only one month till the one year mark and my dealer saying the car doesn’t have a build week. Let’s hope it’s one of those which just appear out of thin air :)
duncsand

Post by duncsand »

marknorton1 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:46 pm
duncsand wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:10 pm

Awesome, thanks, what colour is that out of interest, I’ve got stonewashed blue on order and couldn’t tell if that’s what you have or a grey?
It's Stonewashed Blue - personally, I think it's the best colour - but then I'm biassed! I think it suits the shape well.
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, build week 25, confirmed built 1st July, collected from dealer 20th July.
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

Thank you, I’m which case I’m very happy, I had wanted white which I also think looks really nice but seeing yours has really helped.
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

Jamie1c wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:33 am
ag-indie wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:57 am World class customer service right here! Ffs if I worked in this fashion then questions would be asked of me!

We have contacted the factory and once there is an update the dealer will be noticed.
Volkswagen UK provides no price protection or commitment to honour subsidies, therefore, we will not be honouring the government plug in grant should the delivery go beyond 12 months

I appreciate this is not the response you were hoping for, but I would like to assure you we have given your case our utmost attention and this will be Volkswagen UK's final response on the matter.
Any further correspondence on this matter will be acknowledged, but may not be responded to.

Yours sincerely

Chikonkha Ndhlovu
Volkswagen Customer Services Centre
Tel: 0333 003 7199
E-mail: executive.office@volkswagen.co.uk
Internet: www.volkswagen.co.uk
Wow, absolutely piss poor on both responses. Shameful bastards.
They should honour the grant etc as this is their shitstorm they've caused. Never mind the id5 and buzz and whatever else they're launching...build the id3s ffs.

Utter horror show of a company.
Had a look at VW reviews on Trust Pilot, 1* outnumber 5* by a factor of about 15/1 and not a single response to any of them by VW. At least British Gas have a team dedicated to batting off the criticism.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

the.kes wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:01 pm
Jamie1c wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:33 am
ag-indie wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:57 am World class customer service right here! Ffs if I worked in this fashion then questions would be asked of me!

We have contacted the factory and once there is an update the dealer will be noticed.
Volkswagen UK provides no price protection or commitment to honour subsidies, therefore, we will not be honouring the government plug in grant should the delivery go beyond 12 months

I appreciate this is not the response you were hoping for, but I would like to assure you we have given your case our utmost attention and this will be Volkswagen UK's final response on the matter.
Any further correspondence on this matter will be acknowledged, but may not be responded to.

Yours sincerely

Chikonkha Ndhlovu
Volkswagen Customer Services Centre
Tel: 0333 003 7199
E-mail: executive.office@volkswagen.co.uk
Internet: www.volkswagen.co.uk
Wow, absolutely piss poor on both responses. Shameful bastards.
They should honour the grant etc as this is their shitstorm they've caused. Never mind the id5 and buzz and whatever else they're launching...build the id3s ffs.

Utter horror show of a company.
Had a look at VW reviews on Trust Pilot, 1* outnumber 5* by a factor of about 15/1 and not a single response to any of them by VW. At least British Gas have a team dedicated to batting off the criticism.
That does not surprise me at all. I'm going to read some of their reviews.
I regret dealing with VW and wish I done some research first. But then again, I didn't expect them to be so incompetent.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Colin1517

Post by Colin1517 »

I ordered my Tour Pro S at the beginning of September ‘21 and lately have not had a whisper of when it might actually grace me with its presence. So I can fully appreciate the frustration that oozes from this thread. But let’s be honest, no amount of emails, angry phone calls or raging trips to the dealer will change what can only be described at one almighty #uck up by VW. And at my time of life I have come to realise that moaning, raging or worrying have never changed the outcome of something outside of my control. So what will be will be, I’ll wait, then enjoy the car when it finally arrives.
I’ll just keep taking the blood pressure meds and looking out of the sunny window, until such time I can look out at the drive and see the much fabled id3 😊
Ordered - ID.3 Tour Pro S 77kwh 204PS in Manganese Grey.
Ordered 1st Sept ‘21
Delivery due March ‘22
Updated to April ‘22
Updated again to November ’22
Updated yet again to March ‘23 - CANCELLED!!
Cupra Born arriving Jan ‘23.
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Complaint handling has to be better than that. ‘This is our last response’ is just childish and will
Inflame the matter.
It’s a shame buying a £35k+ car can be such a miserable experience. It’s bad enough contacting dealers who are simply trying to shaft you at every opportunity without that infuriating nonsense.
Which manufacturer has the best customer service record??
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Colin1517 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:50 pm I ordered my Tour Pro S at the beginning of September ‘21 and lately have not had a whisper of when it might actually grace me with its presence. So I can fully appreciate the frustration that oozes from this thread. But let’s be honest, no amount of emails, angry phone calls or raging trips to the dealer will change what can only be described at one almighty #uck up by VW. And at my time of life I have come to realise that moaning, raging or worrying have never changed the outcome of something outside of my control. So what will be will be, I’ll wait, then enjoy the car when it finally arrives.
I’ll just keep taking the blood pressure meds and looking out of the sunny window, until such time I can look out at the drive and see the much fabled id3 😊
I pretty much agree with that. What might send me over the edge though is their delay costing me serious money. Especially if wrapped in some shoddy arrogance. 😇
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.

Post by 4810510 »

Thanks for the great summary of your first impressions, really interesting reading. I've also ordered a Family Pro Performance so it was a plus to see how pleased you are with it.

Good health to enjoy it!
Kwr68

Post by Kwr68 »

Picked up car today it wasn’t until late afternoon so only had time to drive home from dealer but so far so good lots to learn "

7BC44A03-4B3F-46D9-9CDC-69417FB77BBE.jpeg

B9D910E6-1581-4F04-8CCA-6ADF48EA5A4A.jpeg

Life pro moonstone grey
East Derry wheels
Ordered 8-10-21
Picked up 20-8-21
41 weeks on all
Beadles Colchester
I am fairly pleased with them
Cars are coming through stay patient
DSMT

Post by DSMT »

sidehaas wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:22 am
DSMT wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:49 pm After 9 and a half months our car is now at dealers and should be ready for us to finally collect it on Thursday 21st July.
Really looking forward to it after all this time.
Is it worth getting any extras when we pick it up or do those separately - the official carpet car mats or get ones online that fit? 3 pin charger from VW? Any service / maintenance worth signing up to?
Thanks, and good luck to those still waiting for builds and hope you also go from no news of build week at all to a month later having a car ready to collect
Agree with MH on the three pin. They're not a good solution for regular charging. We bought a VW cable for £200 with the car as a lot of people recommend having it as a backup, but to be honest it'd be a pretty rubbish backup and I now have confidence in the charging network such that I think it was a waste of money. I can only envisage us using it once per year when visiting my wife's family, but last time we were there we found a free 7kw in a local car park, so maybe not even that. Definitely wouldn't bother buying one with what I know now.

Re: servicing, we bought a service pack that is supposed to cover services in years 2 & 3 for £270. My logic was that this meant I wouldn't have to think about it until year 4, by which time lots of independents should be clued-up. However the price has since gone up and I'm no longer certain what is included in the year three service over/above MOT. I probably wouldn't bother if I was buying again.

Make sure you get your type 2 cable and a tyre repair kit (unless you have 19" tyres). Ask them to connect the app to the car for you if they can (apparently with 3.0 you have to do a brief software update first, there will be a notification for it) and if a USB c cable would be useful for your phone, ask them to supply that too (you are supposed to get one but many people don't, you have to ask. Ours is very smart and high quality.)
Thanks Sidehaas and MH. Ok so it sounds like its not worth getting the 3 pin plug as an emergency spare backup, and will probably leave the servicing as well.
Will definitely check the cable is included (untethered Sync EV charger at home so need to have the cars cable), will also ask about the tyre repair kit though and USB C cable (although we have loads of those around but another decent one would be good).
I have got the We Connect ID app already and can now add the car on there but will get the car all setup when at dealers and do the software updates.
Thanks again
Family Pro Performance
Order number: 31490xxx
Order number confirmed on: 6th Oct 21
Original estimate: Mar 22
June: Build week confirmed as week 25 2022 (20th June)
Latest status: car at dealers and being collected on 21st July!
DSMT

Post by DSMT »

Alongwait wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:13 pm
DSMT wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:49 pm After 9 and a half months our car is now at dealers and should be ready for us to finally collect it on Thursday 21st July.
Really looking forward to it after all this time.
Is it worth getting any extras when we pick it up or do those separately - the official carpet car mats or get ones online that fit? 3 pin charger from VW? Any service / maintenance worth signing up to?
Thanks, and good luck to those still waiting for builds and hope you also go from no news of build week at all to a month later having a car ready to collect
Hi DSMT,

I was offered the service plan from the dealership for £239.00 which includes 1x Service, 1x MOT, 1 x Brake Fluid Change, 1x Pollen Filter, on the VW's website it is advertised at £338.10. Also, at my dealership, they are offering 10% off for ID.3 accessories and on that basis, I purchased the ID 3's mat, there are different mats for ID3, Standard, LUXURY CARPET MATS & all weather, I eventually decided on the Luxury mat. I have also purchased the following accessories:

1.) LOADING SILL PROTECTION
2.) DOOR SILL PROTECTION FILM
3.) FLEXIBLE LOADLINER
4.) Front and Rear Mud flaps

Please find the link to the accessories for your reference: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/files/live ... sories.pdf

There are some photos of my car on the chats (Page 267) . Please have a look.

Thanks
Thanks Alongwait (good name for this thread by the way).
Love the pictures and thanks for the link.
Hopefully at dealers tomorrow we can see the different mats/ sills etc for real to feel / compare them and decide.
For things like the door sills do they just simply stick those on while you wait then - does it take long? (Im attempting to collect car while on my lunch break at work but think I will end up being late and making up time anyway).

It had been such a long wait for car with no news I wasn't bothered about these various extras/accessories and had forgotten most of them from when we looked last year, but now actually finally getting car for real excited about the little things like this and what we could go for.

Thanks again
Family Pro Performance
Order number: 31490xxx
Order number confirmed on: 6th Oct 21
Original estimate: Mar 22
June: Build week confirmed as week 25 2022 (20th June)
Latest status: car at dealers and being collected on 21st July!
s9bl

Post by s9bl »

On the MY23 updates (maybe worth a new thread) - is this a 12" screen I see here on the German configurator? (with and without "Infotainment-Paket Plus")

10"

10inch.JPG

12" (Infotainment-Paket "Plus")

12inch.JPG

Max, Glacier White, MY23, Software 3.2
LiamStarling

Post by LiamStarling »

ag-indie wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:27 pm
LiamStarling wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:34 pm Confirmed delivery day on 29th July!
Over 300 days from ordering to delivery.
Excellent news!
Have you had build weeks throughout? I’ve never had one & still waiting.
Nope! I’ve purely had an update email every month with an estimated delivery timeframe. No build weeks, status codes or anything…….
ID3 Life Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey
East Derry Wheels
Ordered 27/09/2021
Estimated Delivery 29/07/2022
CalumLewis

Post by CalumLewis »

s9bl wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:52 pm On the MY23 updates (maybe worth a new thread) - is this a 12" screen I see here on the German configurator? (with and without "Infotainment-Paket Plus")
Looks like you're correct - if you check the details for that option one of the features is "Radio "Ready 2 Discover Max"":

vw2.jpg

There isn't any mention of what that is on the ID3 page from what I can see but in the UK brochure for the ID.Buzz the same option is listed with a 12" screen:

VW.jpg

Worth taking with a pinch of salt as far as the UK market is concerned though I guess.