Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
PabloMolina

Post by PabloMolina »

MattgID3 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:25 pm Update from my lease company today, eta still 8th nov
That is mad. 15 months waiting.

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

These timescales seem the same as Hyundai. As my wife ordered a Kona EV at the start of February and at time of ordering was told September for delivery. Contacted Hyundai UK back in May and they said October. Checked again with them today and now being told May 23 but the oddest thing about it is that they have said it will be on a ship which will dock at Tilbury on the 18/4/23. How the hell can they say that at this stage?
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
JRF

Post by JRF »

So rang dealer today my Family Pro now has a confirmed built date of week 33 (15th - 21st August) ordered 18/10/21.
LiamStarling

Post by LiamStarling »

Tomorrow’s the big delivery day! Lease company sent all insurance details and registration number of vehicle today……
Will make sure to get some pictures up. Cannot bloomin’ wait 😁😁
ID3 Life Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey
East Derry Wheels
Ordered 27/09/2021
Estimated Delivery 29/07/2022
kenny8

Post by kenny8 »

Just for the sake of completeness, my Family Pro Performance was delivered to me on Tuesday 26th July from a confirmed order on 7th October last year. All good save from the now customary issues with We Connect ID which I believe I have now got on top of.

On reflection, I think my actions in having set up my Wallbox Pulsar Plus charging unit 3 months ago and my We Connect ID some three weeks ago, may have contributed to the hiccups I experienced with getting each of them to work as intended.

Anyway, for now I am enjoying and learning about electric motoring.

I wish you all well and hope for speedy deliveries in what seems to be an increasing supply situation.
SimmoUK

Post by SimmoUK »

LiamStarling wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:58 am Tomorrow’s the big delivery day! Lease company sent all insurance details and registration number of vehicle today……
Will make sure to get some pictures up. Cannot bloomin’ wait 😁😁
Congratulations on your new arrival. Enjoy!

Please do post some pics when you get chance. My order is for an identical car to yours and that might reignite my excitement which has suffered from the long wait.
Life Pro Performance.
Ordered Nov '21. Delivered Feb '23
Zappi 2. Home Solar/battery.
ChrisTurner

Post by ChrisTurner »

I wonder if the surprise deliveries, are maybe cancelled orders...?
Id3 Life Pro 145PS Moonstone Grey (with cycle carrier and heat pump as extras) ordered 2nd October ‘21.
"Confirmed" build - week 34 (22nd August).
Collected on 26th September '22.
darknite1

Post by darknite1 »

Jamesh wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:39 pm
darknite1 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:17 am Collected my id3 life pro performance yesterday. Ordered October 2021. Was built June 2022. Spec wise it came with the older patterned seat trip, no tinted windows, no reverse camera, no keyless entry. It did come with version 3 software straight from the factory. So I assume they had all the standard items in stock from way back. To be honest I don't care, its great fun. The wife would of liked the tinted glass and I would have liked the camera, mainly because my last car had a camera. But no biggy. Basically the car hardware was wise is what I ordered in October 2021. No changes to it with the passage of time or VW lacking parts etc.

Only issue I can find is if I pull up both triggers for the front window the driver will close and the passenger will open...... Seem's to happen after the windows have been open for a longer period. If I can make it happen on demand I will report it to the dealer when they call me Wednesday for a "how are you getting on chat"
Hi. Are these changes from when you ordered the car. I’ve ordered the life pro and was assuming it would still have the camera and tinted. Would be rather annoying if that changes.
When I ordered in Oct 2021 the car did not have tinted glass, etc etc etc. However I know 1 person who ordered about the sametime as me, they got their car a month before me and it came with the new standard life spec, tint, camera etc. Mine however came exactly as ordered in October 2021. I was hoping for some feature changes based on parts shortage etc. But nope, came exacltly as the spec was October 2021.
Jimboc

Post by Jimboc »

darknite1 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:08 am
Jamesh wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:39 pm
darknite1 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:17 am Collected my id3 life pro performance yesterday. Ordered October 2021. Was built June 2022. Spec wise it came with the older patterned seat trip, no tinted windows, no reverse camera, no keyless entry. It did come with version 3 software straight from the factory. So I assume they had all the standard items in stock from way back. To be honest I don't care, its great fun. The wife would of liked the tinted glass and I would have liked the camera, mainly because my last car had a camera. But no biggy. Basically the car hardware was wise is what I ordered in October 2021. No changes to it with the passage of time or VW lacking parts etc.

Only issue I can find is if I pull up both triggers for the front window the driver will close and the passenger will open...... Seem's to happen after the windows have been open for a longer period. If I can make it happen on demand I will report it to the dealer when they call me Wednesday for a "how are you getting on chat"
Hi. Are these changes from when you ordered the car. I’ve ordered the life pro and was assuming it would still have the camera and tinted. Would be rather annoying if that changes.
When I ordered in Oct 2021 the car did not have tinted glass, etc etc etc. However I know 1 person who ordered about the sametime as me, they got their car a month before me and it came with the new standard life spec, tint, camera etc. Mine however came exactly as ordered in October 2021. I was hoping for some feature changes based on parts shortage etc. But nope, came exacltly as the spec was October 2021.
One of the IT guys at work got his ID3 yesterday despite ordering his after mine, i'm still waiting on mine, the only difference in orders was the colour, i ordered moonstone grey, his was black. The good news is it has went from Dec to Oct now for delivery so hopefully before then.
The interesting thing is his is totally stock, i.e. pre all the recent upgrades like what is mentioned above.
Certainly lends a bit of credence to some of the the theories that a lot of these have been half built and sat in a car park somewhere.
Order Date - 16/10/21
Model Ordered - 150kw Life Pro Performance, Moonstone grey
Dealer - Lex Autolease via company car scheme.
Build Week - 41, Built, awaiting shipment.
1st ETA - 29/04/22
2nd ETA - 30/12/22
3rd ETA - Oct 22
4th ETA - Jan 23
al_id3

Post by al_id3 »

Andy1966 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:44 pm
Klaus wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:21 pm
al_id3 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:38 am Out of interest, has anyone had a delivery from Heritage Bristol? Or a confirmation that their ID.3 is on the way?
No. See order on my signature

My 3rd and last new car from Heritage. I will travel out of Bristol just not to buy anything else from them.
It’s frustrating, it will be a year in October for us and August for you. I feel we could be waiting longer as there seems to be a total lack of care to customer in this dealer. A simple phone call or even email explaining the delay would be nice.
They will probably just turn up as other cars have been doing . Only thing I’m worried about is when the car finally turns up I will have to still deal with them !!!
Thanks for the info. We ordered in November. Hopefully the deliveries will start soon. I agree that there appears to be a total lack of care, but that also seems to be a feature of VW UK, or perhaps VW as a whole.
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

VW executive office are beyond useless, I can’t actually see what the point of there job is?
They offer zero help, just say contact the dealer!
They’re in complete disarray it seems.
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
LiamStarling

Post by LiamStarling »

Delivery driver phoned to say he parked up locally before dropping car off in the morning……Little did He know I was passing him on the bus 😂

54D02156-9C37-4EED-86C3-1387B7827594.jpeg

East Derry Wheels
Ordered 27/09/2021
Bigd0205

Post by Bigd0205 »

Congrats on the car, seeing two side by side like that makes you realise how much better the car looks with a set of alloys and makes it ever more frustrating they don't come as standard.... Oh well more to complain about than alloys! :lol:
ID3 Max Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey
Broker: Plan Car Leasing
Order: Cancelled
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

I hope they do a batch/run of Tour and Max's soon. Very happy to see folk getting their cars now.

Polite request, would folk update their signature with their order details - many thanks.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
dsmith

Post by dsmith »

Yes! About time they did a batch of tours and max - still waiting for my tour from end of Aug last year (original expectation was Nov build) now likely oct this year.

Did the max have the plug in grant? I’m convinced they’re screwing us tour folk over as they don’t have to worry about the 12 months and prioritising the ones that do :/
Indyfras

Post by Indyfras »

@dsmith -
Did the max have the plug in grant? I’m convinced they’re screwing us tour folk over as they don’t have to worry about the 12 months and prioritising the ones that do :/
When we ordered our Max in October 2021 it didn't have the plugin grant. I tend to agree with you re prioritising and made this point several months ago (March 2022). I think one look at the spreadsheet - the ordered tab shows a build up of Max and Tours at the top of the sheet, and the delivered etc tab shows that Life and Family are the ones currently being delivered. A few months ago it appeared to be a very small batch of Max/Tours that were being delivered.

Perhaps the next batch will be Max/Tours? However, as they do appear to be coming in batches by trim, can we assume that the VW theory of not having to build in batches in their new factory hasn't worked out so well for them? Or is it simply that they are building in batches once they have all the necessary parts? Who knows - because IMO VW communications has been so ineffective ie its not really kept us up to date, and has only seemed to generate heat rather than control the situation. But that's just my opinion.
ID.3 Max
Ordered: 20 October 2021
Ord No: 31509XXX
Delivery: est 25 April 2022 (from order)
Supposedly BW41/2022, BW47/2022, BW50/2022, BW 51/2022, Bw48/2022, BW08/2023
Confirmed BW07/2023
In UK 17 April 2023
Picked up 29 April 2023
LiamStarling

Post by LiamStarling »

She’s here! Absolutely blown away with it! Fit and finish is top notch. Now I just have to keep it clean haha
Version 3.0 already installed

B1035499-4063-4950-9D42-0342A321C8BA.jpeg

D120FC20-616B-4467-946A-571CD406C1D5.jpeg

B6CA065F-094A-4171-9104-C83DDA0436AB.jpeg

Last edited by LiamStarling on Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
East Derry Wheels
Ordered 27/09/2021
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Hi Liam

congratulations your id.3 looks great :-) i really like the moonstone grey and the alloys too.

(it maybe worth editing your pics to blur the registration number)
ID3 Family Pro, Derry alloys. Order 21/09/21, bld wk 49/21, delivered 04/04/22
ID4 Life ordered 21/10/21 build wk33/22 delivered 13/10/22.

Get £50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400
whittaker52

Post by whittaker52 »

Indyfras wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:24 am @dsmith -
When we ordered our Max in October 2021 it didn't have the plugin grant. I tend to agree with you re prioritising and made this point several months ago (March 2022). I think one look at the spreadsheet - the ordered tab shows a build up of Max and Tours at the top of the sheet, and the delivered etc tab shows that Life and Family are the ones currently being delivered. A few months ago it appeared to be a very small batch of Max/Tours that were being delivered.

Perhaps the next batch will be Max/Tours? However, as they do appear to be coming in batches by trim, can we assume that the VW theory of not having to build in batches in their new factory hasn't worked out so well for them? Or is it simply that they are building in batches once they have all the necessary parts? Who knows - because IMO VW communications has been so ineffective ie its not really kept us up to date, and has only seemed to generate heat rather than control the situation. But that's just my opinion.
I suspect the batch of Max & Tours we saw come through were actually cars that they'd started building last year and only just managed to scrape together all the parts to get finished. Since then there's been absolute radio-silence on newer builds. I suspect, like others have suggested, they've prioritised the initial batch of new cars (ID.5, Born etc), pushed to get more higher-margin cars through, then prioritised grant related cars to mitigate any issues with losing grant money and VW potentially having to put their hand in their pocket to cover it, or risk losing customers. In theory, VW operate just like any other just-in-time manufacturer, ie they can call any car spec at any time along the production, providing the parts are available and scheduled, so you can just as easy have a max being built alongside a tour or life pro or family pro perf, or even a different spec of born or ID.5.

I can understand the Max & Tour orders, in terms of numbers probably aren't on the large side when compared to other models, but the whole fiasco with Max & Tour is a mess. I understand it on some levels, but it's a bit of a kick in the teeth for people who've been waiting patiently. I hope we see our orders pushed through soon, but honestly i'm not holding my breath.
MY 2023 58KW Makena Turquoise Max Pro Performance
Ordered: Mid-September 2021
Delivered May 31st 2023
knade

Post by knade »

Just got my first ever build week confirmed this week, ordered 19/11/21 and its a 3155 order with a build week of 47.

Thats for a Family Pro in Moonstone Grey