Post by McLaren »

Well I emailed my dealer and now got a build date of 49 😡
Tour, Glacier white
Ordered October 6th 2021
Order number: 31491xxx
Build week 13 confirmed now
JCT600 York
Now been waiting over 19 months

Now cancelled order. Now getting a renault megane e tech.

Bonnet referral code: R5Z4V

ajf

Post by ajf »

I am new to this forum and catching up on tales of woe about people waiting over a year, heading towards two years, for their iD3. Wow!

I now feel fortunate to have received my new Tour (in white) only about 30 weeks from order date (late August 21 order, end of May 22 delivery) against a guideline 20 weeks when ordered.

I think the biggest "crime" here is the lack of information from VW to dealers. In this day and age that is crazy and inexcusable. But it seems they have very thick skin.... or just don't give a sh**.

On the plus side, at least you know that the delivery price is fixed on day of order - unlike (so I hear) with Tesla where apparently you order your car and get told the price when its ready... Can anyone confirm this or is it urban myth?
iD3 Tour Pro (77kW) in white
Ordered Aug 2021, initially due Jan 2022, arrived 31 May 2022
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

I don't think they can in the UK but in the US its totally legal.
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

ajf wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:03 pm I am new to this forum and catching up on tales of woe about people waiting over a year, heading towards two years, for their iD3. Wow!

I now feel fortunate to have received my new Tour (in white) only about 30 weeks from order date (late August 21 order, end of May 22 delivery) against a guideline 20 weeks when ordered.

I think the biggest "crime" here is the lack of information from VW to dealers. In this day and age that is crazy and inexcusable. But it seems they have very thick skin.... or just don't give a sh**.

On the plus side, at least you know that the delivery price is fixed on day of order - unlike (so I hear) with Tesla where apparently you order your car and get told the price when its ready... Can anyone confirm this or is it urban myth?
Nice to see someone getting a Tour, do you know what software yours was delivered with and if you had the 22.5 updates at all? Different Seat trims, additional sensors etc.
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Glacier White
Ordered circa Sept 21 by Plan Car Leasing
Build week - Unknown, advised March 23 delivery
Order Number - 31401131 - Changed to 31401162
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

marknorton1 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:34 pm
ajf wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:03 pm I am new to this forum and catching up on tales of woe about people waiting over a year, heading towards two years, for their iD3. Wow!

Nice to see someone getting a Tour, do you know what software yours was delivered with and if you had the 22.5 updates at all? Different Seat trims, additional sensors etc.

I was kind of hoping for memory seats too as its taking so long to even get an estimated build date, hell it should also be bullet proof and have one of those knightrider turbo boost buttons too.
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23
ajf

Post by ajf »

marknorton1 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:34 pm

No idea about SW build, but I have already been told I have to take it back in October for a new upload that will take NINE HOURS apparently.

As for whether my seat trims or sensors are different, I don't know what to compare them with. But I do know that, having put my back out playing golf a few weeks ago, the massage seats are pretty amazing especially on a long(ish) journey.

We love the car, it's a great drive, but it seems to have lots of small irritating SW glitches. But clearly I'm not alone in that respect
iD3 Tour Pro (77kW) in white
Ordered Aug 2021, initially due Jan 2022, arrived 31 May 2022
AuthenticCamel

Post by AuthenticCamel »

My latest update came through from the dealership last weekend.

Been given an estimated build week for the first time since Ordering in November 21 (Week 44 Status 10).
Here's to hoping it holds firm...
Life Pro - Moonstone Grey & East Derry Alloy
Ordered: 16/11/21 @ Drive The Deal
Order No: 31567XXX

Referrals:
Octopus Energy: https://share.octopus.energy/tidy-peak-22
Ripple Energy: https://rippleenergy.com?ogu=3110
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

My only concern now, is my order will go past the 12 months for the government grant to be applied!
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
CG38

Post by CG38 »

ag-indie wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:19 pm My only concern now, is my order will go past the 12 months for the government grant to be applied!
Just a thought, although it will still be cutting it close - is your actual order date the 25th Oct? Was that the day you ordered it?

What I'm angling at is - I ordered my car on 1st November, however the lease company didn't actually place my order until the 4th, so another couple of days lee-way.
Also from what I understand, it doesn't have to be in your hands within the 12 months, it just has to be registered within the 12 months
Family Pro - East Derry Wheels.
Collected 16/01/23
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

ag-indie wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:19 pm My only concern now, is my order will go past the 12 months for the government grant to be applied!
Don’t stress mate,

Popped into our dealer on Monday, as they were good enough to lend us a Tiguan for the first 3 weeks of the school holidays, had the conversation with them regarding the grant, as Monday was 12 months to the day we ordered, I was in the same boat, what we’ve been told is that VW will honour selected orders, there is apparently a list that is being sent to all VW dealerships with the cars that are being protected. Our dealer has stated that even if ours isn’t on that list, they will fight tooth and nail to get our grant cost covered by VW.

If everything stays on track, ours will be around 15 months by the time it gets to the dealer, but the production is currently week 38, from how it looks on the outside they did a huge run of Family models before the summer shutdown, and judging by the build weeks given to people with life orders, they are doing an 8-10 week run of life’s from next week, so fingers crossed we should all see some movement
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

My order was placed on 25th October2021, and build week is 10th October 2022.
If this goes to plan I don’t expatiate have the car until around early December.
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
knade

Post by knade »

AuthenticCamel wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:12 pm My latest update came through from the dealership last weekend.

Been given an estimated build week for the first time since Ordering in November 21 (Week 44 Status 10).
Here's to hoping it holds firm...
Based on this I hope my order date comes in closer, mines a family pro, same grey, same alloys. A 3155 order number placed in the same week but been given week 47 which will push me out past the 12months.
Colin1517

Post by Colin1517 »

Just had my latest update from Lex, my Tour is now scheduled for delivery in March ‘23 ffs. Unconfirmed build slot :oops:
Ordered - ID.3 Tour Pro S 77kwh 204PS in Manganese Grey.
Ordered 1st Sept ‘21
Delivery due March ‘22
Updated to April ‘22
Updated again to November ’22
Updated yet again to March ‘23 - CANCELLED!!
Cupra Born arriving Jan ‘23.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Colin1517 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:46 pm Just had my latest update from Lex, my Tour is now scheduled for delivery in March ‘23 ffs. Unconfirmed build slot :oops:
That is utterly ridiculous. A 19 month wait.

I don't care what anyone says, this is fng ridiculous. And shameful on VW part. Incompetent basket cases. They can spit out the lower models but max and tours take a back seat in to oblivion.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

it would help if VW at least provided some genuine/honest reasons for the delays, and didn't just keep re-posting the same its really, really, really not our fault excuses letter over and over (I've received exactly the same letter several times from them now. ) but instead they're just slopey-shouldering it by telling us to contact the dealers, whilst knowing full well that they (the dealers) are just as in the dark on this are their customers are.

it seems fairly clear they have been prioritising other models & newer variants (eg Cupra & ID.5 etc) building those first rather than resolving any of the 'supposed' supply issues with the older orders, i think they're hoping in time that we'll all just cancel & go away (so that they can then just carry on selling newer ones at higher/more profitable prices.)

ID3 Family Pro, Derry alloys. Order 21/09/21, bld wk 49/21, delivered 04/04/22
ID4 Life ordered 21/10/21 build wk33/22 delivered 13/10/22.

Get £50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400
Colin1517

Post by Colin1517 »

Jamie1c wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:10 pm
Colin1517 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:46 pm Just had my latest update from Lex, my Tour is now scheduled for delivery in March ‘23 ffs. Unconfirmed build slot :oops:

I don't care what anyone says, this is fng ridiculous. And shameful on VW part. Incompetent basket cases. They can spit out the lower models but max and tours take a back seat in to oblivion.
I agree completely, it’s farcical. The only saving grace is that I’m not worried about losing the grant as it’s a company car, so that’ll be Lex’s issue not mine. I also still have a decent motor to drive now without worrying about trade in values or part ex deals.
Still naffs me off though!
Ordered - ID.3 Tour Pro S 77kwh 204PS in Manganese Grey.
Ordered 1st Sept ‘21
Delivery due March ‘22
Updated to April ‘22
Updated again to November ’22
Updated yet again to March ‘23 - CANCELLED!!
Cupra Born arriving Jan ‘23.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Colin1517 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:59 pm
Jamie1c wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:10 pm

I agree completely, it’s farcical. The only saving grace is that I’m not worried about losing the grant as it’s a company car, so that’ll be Lex’s issue not mine. I also still have a decent motor to drive now without worrying about trade in values or part ex deals.
Still naffs me off though!
I'm in the same situation, I'm not in any need to worry about all that either. My car will be 4 years old in November and is about to turn 11k miles. It's still as new. And I'm over the fact of this wait but your post pissed me off with the ludicrous 19 months wait.

MikeS' post above pretty much nails it. They can launch other models and variants but not cars ordered mid last year.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
s9bl

Post by s9bl »

I would guess the reason VW aren't communicating why some of us have to wait so long is because the answers would give negative PR. I'm not even going to bother asking for updates for a while. Fully expecting March 23 now. Glad I bought a 40kwh Leaf for the interim back in March. Scratches that EV itch at least, but the torque steer is so bad :(
MikeS wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:57 pm i think they're hoping in time that we'll all just cancel & go away
Given demand for the ID3 is so high, it seems silly to cancel any orders made from July/August 21. Even if you gave up and bought a different car, when the ID3 eventually arrives (if it does), you would have equity in it. Obviously irrelevant if leasing though.
Max, Glacier White, MY23, Software 3.2
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

so i spoke to my fleet and although estimated nov delivery still no build date as yet. im not going to cancel but will sit tight on my order as i have a countryman PHEV until its delivered but not great.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
mastacar1

Post by mastacar1 »

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for a while and following this thread and joined just to say that I ordered my Family Pro Performance in Moonstone Grey with East Derry alloys on November 4th 2021. My car was originally due in April, but that got pushed and pushed, finally to September. I was then notified that the car had been assigned a build week (1st week of July) and that it would be with me in the first half of August. I was excited, but still apprehensive; I've had build weeks pushed before with other cars (Audi A6).

Anyway, long story short, the car was indeed built in the first week of July (end of June actually) and is now at the dealership for home delivery this coming Monday. I'll post again once it's delivered to confirm the trim details etc., I've noticed that cars built after May have the 'new' seat trim, which would be lovely, as I really wasn't a fan of the original.