Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
joshgiova

Post by joshgiova »

Collected today! Really happy will post some pictures up tomorrow. Dealership was strangely quiet, sales agent said they have almost next to nothing in stock in any model currently and that the lead times are getting worse. Confirmed build weeks don’t mean much either apparently, with vehicles being built a long time after they are supposed to be. Good luck everyone!
Order Placed (3124xxxx) - 2nd July 21
Build Week - 34 w/c 23rd August 21
Arrived at Emden - 20th September 21
Released to shipping - 4th October 21
Shipped to UK - 6th October 21
Arrived in the UK - 8th October 21
At Dealer - 18th October 21

camsoft2000

Post by camsoft2000 »

Wow, congratulations. How did you get one so quickly?! I ordered the Family Pro Performance last week and the order form gives an estimated date of 31st May 2022 (7.5 months!).
Original order : ID.3 Family 58kWh Pro Performance. *Cancelled*

Subsequent order: Polestar 2 pre-config *cancelled*

Current car: 2022 ID.4 Style 58kWh, s/w 3.0
Malcster

Post by Malcster »

camsoft2000 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:43 pm Wow, congratulations. How did you get one so quickly?! I ordered the Family Pro Performance last week and the order form gives an estimated date of 31st May 2022 (7.5 months!).
Same here ordered 17/11

ETA may 22nd
Family pro
Derry alloys
Infotainment plus
Stonewashed
Order no 3150@@@@
Order date 17/10/2021
Build date
Delivery date
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

camsoft2000 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:43 pm Wow, congratulations. How did you get one so quickly?! I ordered the Family Pro Performance last week and the order form gives an estimated date of 31st May 2022 (7.5 months!).
It will have been an existing order, what with it being 1st week of July and 3124**** being the order number. Usually 313*** for first week of July and BW39/40.

I was given around 5 months lead time (2nd week of July), but due to the way backlogs work, obviously the later you order the longer the wait.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

I ordered on the 1st July with a fresh order and my order number is 3134xxxx.
My build week was confirmed as week 39. I've heard nothing more and do not expect to for another couple of weeks.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

And we ordered a couple weeks after Newfie (for, it turned out, the exact same spec) and got a much higher order number (in my signature). Our confirmed build week is 40, and I have no idea when the next update might arrive 🤣
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
vincent_van_go

Post by vincent_van_go »

Yep, and my order number is even lower than Newfie, but honestly believe I'm well into next year before I take delivery. VW ID.3 "Never knowingly under-scheduled".... :lol:
vincent_van_go

Post by vincent_van_go »

Here's a thought, has anybody with a car/delivery date had the dealer proactively contact them with an update? I request an update every Monday. I'm starting to feel like he has an email auto-response from my email address.....
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

On average I chat to my sales guy 2 or 3 times a week via email. He has become more of a friend over the years I have dealt with him.
I don't need to ask him to check the status as he does this automatically when he gets into work in the morning.
Other than the system codes they see on the order they have to physically call the sales office for the particular factory of build to get any further updates. So you can well imagine those lines are busy day in day out. Like he says it will not rush the order any quicker and as long as there is an update the dealer will see it on the order b7t not all dealers diligently checked their orders.
darcy67

Post by darcy67 »

I had a build week of 38 and contacted my dealer this morning to only find out that it's scheduled for build in November but that could change too.

My build number is 3133XXXX.

To say I'm pissed off is currently an understatement.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

darcy67 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:57 pm I had a build week of 38 and contacted my dealer this morning to only find out that it's scheduled for build in November but that could change too.

My build number is 3133XXXX.

To say I'm pissed off is currently an understatement.
That makes sense to an earlier post on this forum (not sure which topic) where someone was quoted 8 weeks delay in build week. Which was originally was 6 weeks so things are obviously getting a lot worse.
vincent_van_go

Post by vincent_van_go »

Thank Newfie, my assumption is that practice varies from individual-to-individual, and dealership-to-dealership. My chap kindly provided me with a screenshot some weeks back, with "this is what I see". No mention of calling anybody for more detail.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

At this rate Elon will have shipped his first UK Model Y before we see our ID.3's 🤣
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

I got an "in production" email from VW this morning. What does this actually mean? My last update from the dealer was build week 46.
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Utumno wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:10 pm At this rate Elon will have shipped his first UK Model Y before we see our ID.3's 🤣
More like he'll stick one on the end of his rocket and land it on mars before we see ours. :lol: :lol:
nkajkmuk

Post by nkajkmuk »

How is everyone getting progress updates on the order? There seems to be no online tracker and the VW online chat folk say the tracker is also down for them. Do you have to reach out to the dealer each time? Getting an update from the dealer is rather very slow with mine.

Also what does it mean when the dealer says "Your order is waiting to be updated by the factory" when I asked for a provisional build week?
ID3 - Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys - Order 11 Oct 2021 JCB Group
Confirmed Build Week 34 - Build complete 26 Aug 2022 - Landed in UK on 26 Sep 2022 - Delivered 5 Oct 2022
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Up the jumper wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:14 pm I got an "in production" email from VW this morning. What does this actually mean? My last update from the dealer was build week 46.

I’m not sure anyone knows. I’ve never had an email from VW, despite signing up for them from the (now unavailable) online tracker…
Tesla Model Y Long Range

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Up the jumper wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:14 pm I got an "in production" email from VW this morning. What does this actually mean? My last update from the dealer was build week 46.
We got this too. It arrived at the beginning of the week we had had confirmed as our confirmed build week (42) so I'd assume it means exactly that - it's now in production. Of course, there was no indication of how long it might take, so we might be waiting 6-8 weeks for it to finish build given the above posts from others. I was pleased to receive the email though, because it was independent of (not from) the dealer, but matched what he had told us a couple of weeks earlier, so seemed like things were working to plan.

I wonder if these emails have replaced the online tracker, but only for people who ordered after the tracker was removed? I can't remember when it was removed but I know it was about that time (I ordered 05/08.)
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

nkajkmuk wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:51 pm How is everyone getting progress updates on the order? There seems to be no online tracker and the VW online chat folk say the tracker is also down for them. Do you have to reach out to the dealer each time? Getting an update from the dealer is rather very slow with mine.

Also what does it mean when the dealer says "Your order is waiting to be updated by the factory" when I asked for a provisional build week?
The only way you can get any updates is currently through your dealer.

When your dealer creates an order on the VW Ordering portal on completion it will show like in image below

Order showing week no.jpg

Where it shows "Original Build Week" is the provisional build week at time of order.
Firstly with your dealer ask if the order has been accepted with the factory and if it is ask what is the "original build week" showing on your order.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

“Planified” 🤮
Tesla Model Y Long Range