Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

andrewparker wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:24 pm I think I’m going to ask for a cost to trailer my car up to me. The dealer is 230 miles away so I think it would be money well spent.
They will have to get a special quote from a third party as they claim the ID.3 is too heavy for them to transport on their vehicles. Expect a £400+ quote.
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection

andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Cherry wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:39 am
andrewparker wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:24 pm I think I’m going to ask for a cost to trailer my car up to me. The dealer is 230 miles away so I think it would be money well spent.
They will have to get a special quote from a third party as they claim the ID.3 is too heavy for them to transport on their vehicles. Expect a £400+ quote.
Ah, many thanks for the heads up! It's a tough one, the train journey from where I am is 4 hours and 3 changes, then a 4 hour plus drive back including what will be my first experience of public chargers. Not sure I fancy that!
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

You'll have to use public chargers for the first time at some point and it sounds like you'll need the whole day to fetch the car. Might as well plan it ahead and tackle the chargers when you're maybe not in a hurry to be somewhere? Check the route and maybe find a couple of early alternatives so as to avoid any battery state anxiety? Where are you and the dealer located in relation to each other the forum regulars may have some advice as to potential first charger candidates?
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

G43FAN wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:57 am You'll have to use public chargers for the first time at some point and it sounds like you'll need the whole day to fetch the car. Might as well plan it ahead and tackle the chargers when you're maybe not in a hurry to be somewhere? Check the route and maybe find a couple of early alternatives so as to avoid any battery state anxiety? Where are you and the dealer located in relation to each other the forum regulars may have some advice as to potential first charger candidates?
I'm in a little place called Upperthong, just south of Holmfirth in West Yorkshire. Dealer is in Gillingham, Kent! It will be round the M25 then straight up the M1, so there will be plenty of opportunities for a charge.
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

andrewparker wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:28 am
G43FAN wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:57 am You'll have to use public chargers for the first time at some point and it sounds like you'll need the whole day to fetch the car. Might as well plan it ahead and tackle the chargers when you're maybe not in a hurry to be somewhere? Check the route and maybe find a couple of early alternatives so as to avoid any battery state anxiety? Where are you and the dealer located in relation to each other the forum regulars may have some advice as to potential first charger candidates?
I'm in a little place called Upperthong, just south of Holmfirth in West Yorkshire. Dealer is in Gillingham, Kent! It will be round the M25 then straight up the M1, so there will be plenty of opportunities for a charge.

Your route seems well served for public charging. If it were me I would definitely be taking the opportunity to bed the vehicle in a bit on the way home, even though it's a long drive. Plan ahead and you'll be golden I reckon.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Utumno wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:46 am
Your route seems well served for public charging. If it were me I would definitely be taking the opportunity to bed the vehicle in a bit on the way home, even though it's a long drive. Plan ahead and you'll be golden I reckon.
Yep, I was just discussing it with my wife and we came to the conclusion that a train down in the morning, then a leisurely drive back with a stop over somewhere would be a nice way of doing it. Anyway, certainly got plenty of time to think about it!
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
smuj

Post by smuj »

A slight detour but a good place for a break and top up would be the new Gridserve hub at junction 1 M6. 12 x 350kW chargers and facilities for a break. The chargers are contactless so no need for app.

734A6C03-E228-4F6F-B8AB-C8F21ABF1E3A.jpeg

Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
———————————————————————————————————
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.
Sprout

Post by Sprout »

My dealer is same as yours then! & about 220 miles away for us. Hardest bit is getting there, trying to figure out public transport or a 1 way hire car. Going home will be much more fun :-) . As mentioned, just plan a stop around 50% battery and that will give you plenty of options if you have any issues.

We are even considering hopping across to France for a night or 2.
Family Pro Perf \ Managanese \ East Derry \ DTD
Order Number received 12th Aug - 2021 (Week 32)
Confirmed Build week 49 - 2021 (6th Dec - 12th Dec)
Order Num - 31422xxx
Status 38- 16/02/22
Status 40- 09/04/22
Collecting - 25/03/22
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Much of this is why I chose a local dealer for a few hundred more (and the promise of the 'retail experience'), rather than a faraway one for the lowest cost
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

sausageroll wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:45 pm Much of this is why I chose a local dealer for a few hundred more (and the promise of the 'retail experience'), rather than a faraway one for the lowest cost
I struggled to get within £2k of the best quote. I'd travel to John O' Groats for that sort of money!

Anyway, like we've been discussing, it doesn't need to be a hassle, you just create an experience out of it. As for 'retail experience', long gone are the days when that was of any meaning to me, I mostly can't stand setting foot in car dealerships.
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

andrewparker wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:24 pm I think I’m going to ask for a cost to trailer my car up to me. The dealer is 230 miles away so I think it would be money well spent. Either that or it’s a good opportunity to get accustomed to the new car!
It's a good opportunity. Our 2ID3s were bought 240 miles and 274 miles from home respectively, so I had to charge on the way home on both journeys. Just ask that tge dealership charge the car to 100% prior to your getting there. If you have home charging sorted then if you're sticking to 70mph and not hammering the heating, you should comfortably get to about 180 miles before the car starts harassing you to charge. At that point, just add in about 20kWh to get you comfortably home and charge at home.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

sausageroll wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:45 pm Much of this is why I chose a local dealer for a few hundred more (and the promise of the 'retail experience'), rather than a faraway one for the lowest cost
For the sake of £200, I'd stay local, but not £1800 (which was my reality at the local Lookers and Pulman dealership groups).

What's the "retail experience" for you? A bunch of flowers and a big VW cloth being dragged off your new car? I'll happily forego that for some significant price difference. I actually got the "reveal" treatment for our Family. However, the artificially lit collection bay didn't show up the 10 or so bird crap scars in the lacquer against the Manganese paint finish.

If it had, I'd have sorted them at home anyway rather than delay my Gloucester to Newcastle trip home!

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

andrewparker wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:04 am
Cherry wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:39 am
Ah, many thanks for the heads up! It's a tough one, the train journey from where I am is 4 hours and 3 changes, then a 4 hour plus drive back including what will be my first experience of public chargers. Not sure I fancy that!
That doesn't sound too dissimilar to my journey for the Life - Newcastle to Evesham on the train via Birmingham and Worcester. It was the day the Siemens trains hairline cracks issue broke out, my journey to Birmingham was one of the few journeys not cancelled! The last leg of my journey was cancelled for the Siemens issue, so I took a bus from Worcester to Evesham and then a taxi from Evesham to the garage - I was there about an hour later than planned - not vad considering the train cancellation.

The MOTO services I have been to all have 125kWh fast charging at a reasonable 30p per kWh. I have used Ferrybridge and Donnington Park services off the M1.

sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:06 pm
For the sake of £200, I'd stay local, but not £1800 (which was my reality at the local Lookers and Pulman dealership groups).

What's the "retail experience" for you? A bunch of flowers and a big VW cloth being dragged off your new car? I'll happily forego that for some significant price difference. I actually got the "reveal" treatment for our Family. However, the artificially lit collection bay didn't show up the 10 or so bird crap scars in the lacquer against the Manganese paint finish.

If it had, I'd have sorted them at home anyway rather than delay my Gloucester to Newcastle trip home!
No idea what it is, tbh, hence the quotes.

I'd at least assume it's being treated as a customer, rather than simply an internet customer. After all, it's the place it'll end up if it needs to go in, so I'd hope that it would mean that they would go out of their way to try and ingratiate themselves with me.

My biggest fear would have been travelling hours and finding out that something was amiss with the PDI related stuff that they had missed, and potentially having to waste a day and some money trudging back sans-car.

In my case, the margins were easier. I negotiated £23.8k ish with rubber mats for a base 45kWh LPP, rather than £23.5k with AutoeBid or DTD.
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

I just got another update from the dealer. Build week has been pushed forward to W46 which is better than 48. Looks like its all over the place at the moment!
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

I honestly don’t understand why our order is so long, it’s really getting on my nerves,

Ordered 08/08. Now being told production week 10 2022. When people who ordered a week before us get a production slot 16 weeks earlier, I don’t get it, don’t get me wrong not bitter about the people 😂😂, just can’t understand the difference in production, ours is getting moved back and back and back, no-one can give me an answer as to why.

Life pro performance
Drivers assistance pro pack
Andoya wheels
Makena Turquoise
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Is it possible that production of the “base” model is being deprioritised, and if you’d ordered a Family you might get the car sooner?

Obviously there would be a price difference but it’s not the first time VW has delayed base model builds because fewer people buy them. The Golf and Polo in particular have both historically been afflicted.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Utumno wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:15 pm Is it possible that production of the “base” model is being deprioritised, and if you’d ordered a Family you might get the car sooner?

Obviously there would be a price difference but it’s not the first time VW has delayed base model builds because fewer people buy them. The Golf and Polo in particular have both historically been afflicted.
Not so sure; I've ordered the basiest base model, and had a week 40 slot advised, and not had any further dialogue since. Could be delayed or anything, but as of yet I have not been advised otherwise.
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Tom_1985 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:56 pm I honestly don’t understand why our order is so long, it’s really getting on my nerves,

Ordered 08/08. Now being told production week 10 2022. When people who ordered a week before us get a production slot 16 weeks earlier, I don’t get it, don’t get me wrong not bitter about the people 😂😂, just can’t understand the difference in production, ours is getting moved back and back and back, no-one can give me an answer as to why.

Life pro performance
Andoya wheels
Makena Turquoise
Dealer allocations.

No doubt the busier the dealer you order from, the most likely you are to have a delayed order
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Tom_1985 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:56 pm I honestly don’t understand why our order is so long, it’s really getting on my nerves,

Life pro performance
Andoya wheels
Makena Turquoise
I'm honestly not sure either. It could be dealer allocations as mentioned by sausageroll. I previously thought that the timelines wouldn't be so different to others who ordered around the same time but that seems to have changed for people who ordered from August time onwards. The difference in yours is quite dramatic though im surprised its varied that wildly. I could be in for a nasty surprise who knows 🤷🏽 can't be sure until something is confirmed
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22