Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
rikimaru
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:35 pm

Post by rikimaru » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:57 am

Utumno wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:08 pm
MattgID3 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:54 pm
Ive ordered through work via kinto. The dealer i believe is north london. I called to confirm if this was an error and kinto confirmed that was the mail they had from the dealer. Im hoping its just plucked out of thin air as no confirmed build date yet. still i might get my23 at this rate with software 5.0

This https://www.kinto-mobility.eu ?

Image

Perhaps my own mis-spent youth many years ago, but I was rather reminded of...

Image
That’s brilliant :lol:
16 Sep: Ordered ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
2 Dec: left the factory. ETA early/mid Jan.
20 Dec: actually still in the factory waiting for parts. ETA early Feb.
7 Jan: still at the factory. ETA mid Feb.

Dogcow
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:19 am

Post by Dogcow » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:10 am

Just had a call from my dealer. They had this update from VW it seems that was mentioned by another member. Informed that although my week 10 build currently remains unchanged that I should not expect the car until Q3/Q4. I’m not cancelling as anything ordered now will be 6 months anyway, still thoroughly pissed off though 😡 I’d expect a call from your dealers chaps.

Uphamid3
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by Uphamid3 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:42 am

Hi Andrew, really good to see that you have an approximate date - did you chase them or did they contact you?

Like you I'm with DTD and liaising with their dealer and I contacted them on Monday but hadn't been allocated a build date at that time.

andrewparker
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by andrewparker » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:58 am

Uphamid3 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:42 am
Hi Andrew, really good to see that you have an approximate date - did you chase them or did they contact you?

Like you I'm with DTD and liaising with their dealer and I contacted them on Monday but hadn't been allocated a build date at that time.
Hi Mike, yes, I emailed them for the first time since ordering yesterday evening. The response was from a lady called Eve.
Ordered 19th October 2021 – Max Pro Performance | Manganese Grey | Andoyas | Bike Carrier Prep
Order No. 3149xxxx
LATEST UPDATE – EST. BUILD WEEK 18

Jamesv12
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:53 am

Post by Jamesv12 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:14 pm

Nicbob wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:24 pm
Another lurker here as well.
I ordered my Family Pro through Knowles Fleet via the NHS. I was told the order went in on 20/07/21, with an initial estimated delivery of October 21. This, predictably, got moved to December 21 and then pushed again to February 22. Fully expecting this to get pushed back again. Sadly because I've gone through a 'broker' I can't get access to anymore information about my car, so I have no idea where it is in terms of build (or potentially not built at all yet!)
My very vague order information is free to go in the spreadsheet of doom.
It's interesting that some have had (multiple) changes of confirmed build week. My car doesn't seem to have changed from Wk40 2021 since it was first allocated. I have checked again with my dealer (who only finally returned my messages when I sent a grumpy email) and he is definite that there haven't been any updates. He claimed to have chased with "VW", whatever that means, and they can't provide any more information other than it hasn't yet been built. As others have said, no further tracking likely until it moves to Code 30 and is allocated a VIN.

fluxboi
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:56 am

Post by fluxboi » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:45 pm

tomstring wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:07 am
Has anybody transferring on a PCP managed to renegotiate the equity value of their existing car before taking delivery of their ID3 due to the increase in second hand car values?
YES!! I'm picking my car up this weekend. When the dealer contacted me last week I said "and we'll need to re-look at the finances due to what's happened to the market place over the last 6 months". His initial reaction was to tell me that I was protected by their equity lock and any depreciation wouldn't exceed the additional payments I'd made". i countered with some facts around 29% growth in second hand car prices in the last 12 months (disproportionately in the last 6) and said that depreciation shouldn't be a factor at this stage.

They agreed to re-look and increased the offer price from my 2019 Golf, that's in PCP, from £17,500 to £19,000. That along with the reduced value of my existing PCP commitment has knocked £65 a month off my new monthly contract price on the ID.3.

Busman
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:46 am

Post by Busman » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:46 pm

I am new to this forum and from Ireland.I have an ID.3 Comfort on order.I have been told week 36 production.I am curious as to know what MY 22 or MY 22.5 refers to in terms of the spec and updates in this thread.

Uphamid3
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by Uphamid3 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:06 pm

I've just contacted the dealer again a moment ago, still no build date scheduled. A very pleasant and courteous reply, but reading between the lines - don't call us - we'll call you. I guess I will just have to be patient!

id3 Life Pro Performance, white, with East Derry Alloys. Ordered October 9th 2021.

Newfie
Posts: 307
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: East Yorkshire

Post by Newfie » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:08 pm

Busman wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:46 pm
I am new to this forum and from Ireland.I have an ID.3 Comfort on order.I have been told week 36 production.I am curious as to know what MY 22 or MY 22.5 refers to in terms of the spec and updates in this thread.
With you being in Ireland youhave different trim levels to the UK such as we do not have a Comfort trim. So what the changes here in the UK may not exactly match yours in Ireland.
If you go to this thread you'll see the proposed changes.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1421&start=20
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey

andrewparker
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by andrewparker » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:54 pm

Uphamid3 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:06 pm
I've just contacted the dealer again a moment ago, still no build date scheduled. A very pleasant and courteous reply, but reading between the lines - don't call us - we'll call you. I guess I will just have to be patient!

id3 Life Pro Performance, white, with East Derry Alloys. Ordered October 9th 2021.
Not even an estimate?
Ordered 19th October 2021 – Max Pro Performance | Manganese Grey | Andoyas | Bike Carrier Prep
Order No. 3149xxxx
LATEST UPDATE – EST. BUILD WEEK 18

ksoni94
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:26 am

Post by ksoni94 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:02 pm

Jamesv12 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:14 pm
It's interesting that some have had (multiple) changes of confirmed build week. My car doesn't seem to have changed from Wk40 2021 since it was first allocated. I have checked again with my dealer (who only finally returned my messages when I sent a grumpy email) and he is definite that there haven't been any updates. He claimed to have chased with "VW", whatever that means, and they can't provide any more information other than it hasn't yet been built. As others have said, no further tracking likely until it moves to Code 30 and is allocated a VIN.
There's a checkpoint system whilst the car is in build that goes up to checkpoint 8 when the car has been built and released for shipping. I'm not sure what each checkpoint means (and can't find any info online either) but for example my car is also in the build stage and my dealer said it was at checkpoint 4. Your dealer should be able to get some more info on that by calling VW Sales and Operations. If you want that info it should be available to the dealer if he does chase VW!
26.07.21 - Order placed
02.08.21 - Order no received
6.10.21 - provisional build week 48
27.10.21 - confirmed build week 46
15.11.21 - build week started
24.01.22 - status 30, car on the way to UK

Hemming91
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:31 am

Post by Hemming91 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:06 pm

andrewparker wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:51 am
Update on my October 19th order –

"As of today the system is showing that your order has an estimated build week of week 18, which is 2nd to 8th May."
You're further along than me! We ordered 7 days apart. All I get is 'unfortunately not' when I ask for any updates on my order.
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!

andrewparker
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by andrewparker » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:25 pm

Hemming91 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:06 pm
andrewparker wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:51 am
Update on my October 19th order –

"As of today the system is showing that your order has an estimated build week of week 18, which is 2nd to 8th May."
You're further along than me! We ordered 7 days apart. All I get is 'unfortunately not' when I ask for any updates on my order.
I'd say it was the difference between a 3149 and a 3151 order number, but sadly I don't think it's as logical as that!
Last edited by andrewparker on Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ordered 19th October 2021 – Max Pro Performance | Manganese Grey | Andoyas | Bike Carrier Prep
Order No. 3149xxxx
LATEST UPDATE – EST. BUILD WEEK 18

User avatar
Utumno
Posts: 1037
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by Utumno » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:29 pm

andrewparker wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:25 pm
Hemming91 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:06 pm
andrewparker wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:51 am
Update on my October 19th order –

"As of today the system is showing that your order has an estimated build week of week 18, which is 2nd to 8th May."
You're further along than me! We ordered 7 days apart. All I get is 'unfortunately not' when I ask for any updates on my order.
I'd say it was the difference between a 3149 and a 3151 order number, but sadly I don't think it's a logical as that!

I think the tracker is amply proving that no matter how much we mere mortals attempt to derive order from the chaos of VW's ordering and build systems, Wolfsburg, VW UK and every UK dealership just continues pilling on the chaos!
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Tour in Manganese Grey (on order since 7-Jul-21)
Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker

Jacobluke121
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:23 am

Post by Jacobluke121 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:33 pm

Hello everyone

I ordered my id3 58kwh base model, nothing extra. On the 29th July 2021 and I'm seeing others that are getting their cars delivered before me even though they ordered after this date.

Any idea how VW work on the order front? I thought it would be first come first served.

Thanks in advance and apologies if I'm repeating this question.

User avatar
Utumno
Posts: 1037
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by Utumno » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:38 pm

Jacobluke121 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:33 pm
Hello everyone

I ordered my id3 58kwh base model, nothing extra. On the 29th July 2021 and I'm seeing others that are getting their cars delivered before me even though they ordered after this date.

Any idea how VW work on the order front? I thought it would be first come first served.

Thanks in advance and apologies if I'm repeating this question.

Hi. Nobody knows exactly how it works, but it’s certainly not as simple as first come first served in terms of your order date. Dealers themselves have quotas they can’t exceed, and those quotas extend to countries as well. Other factors apply as well!

It’s perfectly possible your dealer hasn’t even been able to order your car with the factory until weeks or even months after you placed the order with them. However a dealer in a different part of the UK might have someone walk in, be allocated a cancellation or a stock car, and pick it up a couple of weeks later.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Tour in Manganese Grey (on order since 7-Jul-21)
Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker

justinjured
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:04 am

Post by justinjured » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:46 pm

Nicbob wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:24 pm
Another lurker here as well.
I ordered my Family Pro through Knowles Fleet via the NHS. I was told the order went in on 20/07/21, with an initial estimated delivery of October 21. This, predictably, got moved to December 21 and then pushed again to February 22. Fully expecting this to get pushed back again. Sadly because I've gone through a 'broker' I can't get access to anymore information about my car, so I have no idea where it is in terms of build (or potentially not built at all yet!)
My very vague order information is free to go in the spreadsheet of doom.
Mine is an NHS order as well. I got the order confirmation on 1st July, although the actual order may have been put in just before this. The original estimate was early November so I have spoken to NHS Fleet Solutions a few times since then. Just before christmas when I phoned they were actually for the 1st time quite helpful and phoned the dealer whilst I was put on hold. They were able to tell me that the car was in Emden. Just thought it might be worth you asking them to contact the dealer for info.
Family Pro Performance, Glacier White, Andoya Wheels, Heat Pump, Bike Rack Preparation
Ordered 01/07/2021
Expected Delivery Early November

BeesKnees
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:04 pm

Post by BeesKnees » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:48 pm

Car in country and Dealership expecting to recieve the car tomorrow. Been told I can collect end of next week.
Life Pro with tow hook Stonewashed Blue
Ordered July , provisional build week 40/41, now 43. Confirmed 45
Order No 3136****

Nicbob
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:16 pm

Post by Nicbob » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:24 pm

justinjured wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:46 pm
Nicbob wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:24 pm
Another lurker here as well.
I ordered my Family Pro through Knowles Fleet via the NHS. I was told the order went in on 20/07/21, with an initial estimated delivery of October 21. This, predictably, got moved to December 21 and then pushed again to February 22. Fully expecting this to get pushed back again. Sadly because I've gone through a 'broker' I can't get access to anymore information about my car, so I have no idea where it is in terms of build (or potentially not built at all yet!)
My very vague order information is free to go in the spreadsheet of doom.
Mine is an NHS order as well. I got the order confirmation on 1st July, although the actual order may have been put in just before this. The original estimate was early November so I have spoken to NHS Fleet Solutions a few times since then. Just before christmas when I phoned they were actually for the 1st time quite helpful and phoned the dealer whilst I was put on hold. They were able to tell me that the car was in Emden. Just thought it might be worth you asking them to contact the dealer for info.

Coincidently, I've just had an email today saying that on the advice of the manufacturers that my new estimated delivery date is May. I'm now pretty close to just cancelling the order and going for a different car on their special offers page with a quick delivery.

Jack1338
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:32 pm

Post by Jack1338 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:45 pm

Nicbob wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:24 pm
justinjured wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:46 pm
Nicbob wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:24 pm
Another lurker here as well.
I ordered my Family Pro through Knowles Fleet via the NHS. I was told the order went in on 20/07/21, with an initial estimated delivery of October 21. This, predictably, got moved to December 21 and then pushed again to February 22. Fully expecting this to get pushed back again. Sadly because I've gone through a 'broker' I can't get access to anymore information about my car, so I have no idea where it is in terms of build (or potentially not built at all yet!)
My very vague order information is free to go in the spreadsheet of doom.
Mine is an NHS order as well. I got the order confirmation on 1st July, although the actual order may have been put in just before this. The original estimate was early November so I have spoken to NHS Fleet Solutions a few times since then. Just before christmas when I phoned they were actually for the 1st time quite helpful and phoned the dealer whilst I was put on hold. They were able to tell me that the car was in Emden. Just thought it might be worth you asking them to contact the dealer for info.

Coincidently, I've just had an email today saying that on the advice of the manufacturers that my new estimated delivery date is May. I'm now pretty close to just cancelling the order and going for a different car on their special offers page with a quick delivery.
What car would you go for out of curiosity?
ID.3 Family Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey, East Derry Alloys
Ordered 07/09/2021
Order Number Provided 01/11/2021 - 31294xxx
Initial Estimated Build Week 9 2022
Updated Estimated Build Week 14 2022 (Updated on 12/01/2022)
Estimated Delivery - ??

Post Reply