Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Some positive news here, we ordered at the beginning of August, order number received overnight on the 5th. I think I reported a couple of weeks ago we had been given a confirmed build week of 42 by our dealer. That's this week. On cue this morning my wife has received an unsolicited email from VW UK (not from our dealer) confirming that our car is now in production.
Still hoping for delivery this year.
We do seem fortunate compared to people who ordered only slightly later.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.

ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Timelines have seemed to varied absolutely wildly on here judging from the last three pages. I think its safe to say there's very little resemblence of a pattern or predictability 😅
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
Eddcunningham

Post by Eddcunningham »

Just spoke to my dealer who said my car was at stage 7 out of 8 and has been for the last 6 weeks, awaiting semiconductors.
Unsure what the various stages are though.
She also sadly confirmed that my new mid-December delivery is likely accurate, which I’m still very pessimistic about.
58kW Life Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey, East Derry wheels
Ordered: June 21st (wk25)
Order no: 31285xxx
Confirmed build week: wk36
Released from factory: wk47
Arrived in UK: wk48
Delivery: wk50
mish

Post by mish »

Eddcunningham wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:27 am Just spoke to my dealer who said my car was at stage 7 out of 8 and has been for the last 6 weeks, awaiting semiconductors.
Unsure what the various stages are though.
She also sadly confirmed that my new mid-December delivery is likely accurate, which I’m still very pessimistic about.

You can check the meaning of the status codes here: viewtopic.php?p=8775#p8775
Although not sure how this relates to the 8 stages the dealer mentioned.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Nor do those stages relate to the old tracking system as stage 7 was vehicle at dealer.
Sounds like stages of the actual production line.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

And I have an "update" from my dealer :
Your car is still showing as build week confirmed for week 40 of 2021. This date has clearly passed and it has not progressed onto the in build in progress status.
I would suggest that there is a delay on the build almost definitely caused by the lack of silicon chips of which I am sure you will know is the big issue here.
I have no further update or information available on this situation so will keep you as soon as I see some progress.
Doesn't seem like good news to me.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
bitbit

Post by bitbit »

Hello from Italy. Similar story here. Id. 3 Pro Performance (with a few optionals) ordered 28th July. Confirmed build week 40. Today it's still "in production". I hope for a Nov. delivery but it seems hard...
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Utumno wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:43 pm And I have an "update" from my dealer :
Your car is still showing as build week confirmed for week 40 of 2021. This date has clearly passed and it has not progressed onto the in build in progress status.
I would suggest that there is a delay on the build almost definitely caused by the lack of silicon chips of which I am sure you will know is the big issue here.
I have no further update or information available on this situation so will keep you as soon as I see some progress.
It seems like the Bermuda triangle. You get a build week then it disappears. 🤷
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Newfie wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:55 pm

SWMBO is going to go bananas when I tell her :roll:
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Utumno wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:02 pm
Newfie wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:55 pm

"Your car is still showing as build week confirmed for week 40 of 2021. This date has clearly passed and it has not progressed onto the in build in progress status."

SWMBO is going to go bananas when I tell her :roll:

Been talking to my dealer today and he was saying he does not see "build in progress" status. He only sees "production finished"
So who knows what information we get is the correct.
We'll see if Santa can speed things up. 🤷😀
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Woohoo, ours has moved forward from week 10 to week 9 2022, hahahaha
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

That's the spirit :lol:

I am going to pour a large gin and tonic and try and forget the car on order until I see something solid in writing to confirm a delivery date. At that point I will start jumping up and down :o
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Evilsuperhero

Post by Evilsuperhero »

We picked our car up yesterday after ordering early June and the dealer was surprised how quick it was. It seems we got our order in just in time as they were saying waiting times are getting longer and longer. The dealer tried to order two ID3’s last week and delivery date was September - almost a year!
On a positive note we were also told our car is worth more than we paid for it - so it’s worth hanging in there! Demand is so high, and production so unable to cope we were told we could add a few thousand to what we paid and sell it tomorrow if we wanted to. We won’t though!
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

The official line from the factory seems to be 26 weeks, so I don’t know where they’ve got almost a year from.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

Evilsuperhero wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:21 am We picked our car up yesterday after ordering early June and the dealer was surprised how quick it was. It seems we got our order in just in time as they were saying waiting times are getting longer and longer. The dealer tried to order two ID3’s last week and delivery date was September - almost a year!
On a positive note we were also told our car is worth more than we paid for it - so it’s worth hanging in there! Demand is so high, and production so unable to cope we were told we could add a few thousand to what we paid and sell it tomorrow if we wanted to. We won’t though!
I mentioned to my wife that our car is worth more then we bought it for.
All I got was a dirty look and “don’t even think about”
LOL
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get £50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

andrewparker wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:50 am The official line from the factory seems to be 26 weeks, so I don’t know where they’ve got almost a year from.
I am now being told end of Feb which is 29 weeks up from 22 weeks when I ordered. I suspect even VW aren't clear as it depends on the supply of items they haven't got any control over.

Interesting article from Reuters on chip shortage based on comments made by VW is US. It says they are expecting chip shortage to ease later this year but backlog of orders to persist into late 2022:

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos- ... 021-10-19/
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Flaming76

Post by Flaming76 »

So I’ve made the decision and pressed the button on an id3 family pro performance in turquoise with 19” andoya alloys and the bike rack prep, the dealer has estimated 4 weeks until they can give an estimated delivery date but suggested it could be 6 months plus.
Fam Pro Perf, 19” Andoya alloys, bike rack prep in turquoise.
Ordered 20.10.21 dealer placed order 25.10.21
Estimated delivery early May 2022, now status 20 build week 38, status 60 early Nov, delivery December!!
Order No 31515***
camsoft2000

Post by camsoft2000 »

Flaming76 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:05 pm So I’ve made the decision and pressed the button on an id3 family pro performance in turquoise with 19” andoya alloys and the bike rack prep, the dealer has estimated 4 weeks until they can give an estimated delivery date but suggested it could be 6 months plus.
Same. I ordered mine a week ago and am still waiting for the order number but I was told at the time it would be about 6-7 months before delivery! Going to be a very long wait.
Original order : ID.3 Family 58kWh Pro Performance. *Cancelled*

Subsequent order: Polestar 2 pre-config *cancelled*

Current car: 2022 ID.4 Style 58kWh, s/w 3.0
MLB_ID3

Post by MLB_ID3 »

Some comments on here mention waiting 4 weeks until you get an estimated delivery date. I had a copy of the order form and shows my estimated date pretty much immediately - 12th March 2022 (ordered 9th October). Is there a different estimated date that I will get? Or an updated estimated date?
Order date: 9th October
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya Alloys
Original delivery estimates: March, April, May now Autumn
Previous build weeks: 19, 22
Estimated build week: 2022 wk38
** Cancelled **
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

MLB_ID3 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:10 am Some comments on here mention waiting 4 weeks until you get an estimated delivery date. I had a copy of the order form and shows my estimated date pretty much immediately - 12th March 2022 (ordered 9th October). Is there a different estimated date that I will get? Or an updated estimated date?
The 4 weeks you are referring to is that you will get a confirmed build week usually 4 weeks before the due build week. Mine was 3 weeks before. As you have probably seen on here that things are not running that smoothly and information about the progress of our orders is lacking some what.

You are right in saying. As soon as an order is placed on the VW ordering system it will give a proposed build week immediately. This subject to change. Mine was put back 1 week.