Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
murfmac

Post by murfmac »

So now that I know its at Emden - what ships do I need to watch that go to Tyne?
Ordered 28/07/2021
Order number - 31417***
Tour Pro S 77kW
Moonstone
Build week 39
Status 20 up to 23rd November
Status 30 - November 24th
Status 38 - 6th December
Status 40 - 19th December
Picked Up 12th January

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

murfmac wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:29 pm So now that I know its at Emden - what ships do I need to watch that go to Tyne?
Which of the 3 UK ports are closest to your dealer?
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Has anyone been told by their broker that collection is not an option due to COVID? It seems ridiculous to me given others on here have mentioned they’re picking up their cars.

My broker also refuses to tell me which dealer it is that will be handling the car. A bit bizarre.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

rikimaru wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:14 pm Has anyone been told by their broker that collection is not an option due to COVID? It seems ridiculous to me given others on here have mentioned they’re picking up their cars.

My broker also refuses to tell me which dealer it is that will be handling the car. A bit bizarre.
Eh? Who did you sign a contract with? Assume you’re leasing?
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

andrewparker wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:32 pm
rikimaru wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:14 pm Has anyone been told by their broker that collection is not an option due to COVID? It seems ridiculous to me given others on here have mentioned they’re picking up their cars.

Yeah, I signed the contract with the leasing company.
murfmac

Post by murfmac »

Newfie wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:50 pm
murfmac wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:29 pm So now that I know its at Emden - what ships do I need to watch that go to Tyne?
Which of the 3 UK ports are closest to your dealer?
Hi,

My dealer is Edinburgh so Im assuming that two of them would be Tyne and Grimsby.
Last edited by murfmac on Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ordered 28/07/2021
Order number - 31417***
Tour Pro S 77kW
Moonstone
Build week 39
Status 38 - 6th December
Picked Up 12th January
murfmac

Post by murfmac »

Newfie wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:56 pm Great news @murfmac & @smuj

I've also just had a email from my dealer. Mine is now at Emden and has been released for shipping and awaiting a ship. Looks like things are starting to move for the Summer orders
Mine is now code 38 too.
Ordered 28/07/2021
Order number - 31417***
Tour Pro S 77kW
Moonstone
Build week 39
Status 38 - 6th December
Picked Up 12th January
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

murfmac wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:32 am
Newfie wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:56 pm Great news @murfmac & @smuj

I've also just had a email from my dealer. Mine is now at Emden and has been released for shipping and awaiting a ship. Looks like things are starting to move for the Summer orders
Mine is now code 38 too.
Its just now getting in line waiting for ships. Not a lot of ship movement going on at the moment.
Since mine was released to shipping 2 ships have departed Emden but unfortunately mine was not on either of them.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

murfmac wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:31 am
Hi,

My dealer is Edinburgh so Im assuming that two of them would be Tyne and Grimsby.
Of course Tyne would be your nearest port and more often than not it shares a ship with Grimsby, usually docks in Grimsby then on to Tyne. The ships used for this are usually the "City of" ships.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

rikimaru wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:04 am

To be honest, in my experience, being able to pick the car up from a dealer when you're leasing isn't normally possible. I've asked on a few occasions, and it's never been an option, and that was pre-COVID times.

It is unusual that they won't tell you where it's coming from though. If you have an order number VW would probably tell you the supplying dealer.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Jamesv12

Post by Jamesv12 »

My id3 is also on order from Robinsons of Norwich, ordered by them for stock in Jul-ish and sold to me at the end of August, confirmed build week 40. Having seen that 7 of the 10 Wk40 orders had now gone to code 30 last week I was optimistic mine would soon be added, especially having seen that Jimmyinit from the same dealer had moved on. No such luck...still waiting any progress.
The only glimmer I was given was the comment that "VW have your car listed to be registered this month, which means they are expecting to deliver in December". Does this ring true/has anyone else had a similar update?
Ever hopeful...

Order 3144xxx
Tour Pro S 77kWh
Code 20 Build Wk 40
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

andrewparker wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:46 am

To be honest, in my experience, being able to pick the car up from a dealer when you're leasing isn't normally possible. I've asked on a few occasions, and it's never been an option, and that was pre-COVID times.

It is unusual that they won't tell you where it's coming from though. If you have an order number VW would probably tell you the supplying dealer.
Thanks, that's useful to know. I was keen to pick it up myself as I figured it'll be quicker than waiting for them to arrange delivery and it means fewer miles driven by someone else.

I'll see if I can find out anything from VW.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Jamesv12 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:58 am The only glimmer I was given was the comment that "VW have your car listed to be registered this month, which means they are expecting to deliver in December". Does this ring true/has anyone else had a similar update?

Not me. Still crickets and tumbleweed for our Tour.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

rikimaru wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:57 am
andrewparker wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:46 am

Thanks, that's useful to know. I was keen to pick it up myself as I figured it'll be quicker than waiting for them to arrange delivery and it means fewer miles driven by someone else.

I'll see if I can find out anything from VW.
I imagine they would deliver it on a truck. That’s how our Zoe was delivered anyway.
slug56

Post by slug56 »

Mine is a company car order and I recently enquired of the supplying dealer whether collection would be an option. I was told yes, but it would be from a fleet hub/compound rather than a dealership. Fine with me!
Jamesv12 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:58 am My id3 is also on order from Robinsons of Norwich, ordered by them for stock in Jul-ish and sold to me at the end of August, confirmed build week 40. Having seen that 7 of the 10 Wk40 orders had now gone to code 30 last week I was optimistic mine would soon be added, especially having seen that Jimmyinit from the same dealer had moved on. No such luck...still waiting any progress.
The only glimmer I was given was the comment that "VW have your car listed to be registered this month, which means they are expecting to deliver in December". Does this ring true/has anyone else had a similar update?
Ever hopeful...

Order 3144xxx
Tour Pro S 77kWh
Code 20 Build Wk 40
Another confirmed build week 40 orderer here, with no recent updates. As it's a company car order, I'm not pestering for updates and only get offered a generic "confirmed build, dealership pipeline" update email every couple of weeks. I was hopeful for an early Christmas present - especially with all the other build week 40s leaving the factory, but have pretty much resigned myself to a 2022 delivery now.
Max Pro Performance, Glacier White, 18" East Derrys, MY22
murfmac

Post by murfmac »

Newfie wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:41 am
murfmac wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:31 am
Hi,

Of course Tyne would be your nearest port and more often than not it shares a ship with Grimsby, usually docks in Grimsby then on to Tyne. The ships used for this are usually the "City of" ships.
Seine Highway its currently loading up in Emden and is due in Tyne tomorrow and City of St Petersburg is due to arrive at Emden today then be at Tyne on the 8th....hopefully itll be on one of those , if not then itll be another few weeks.
Ordered 28/07/2021
Order number - 31417***
Tour Pro S 77kW
Moonstone
Build week 39
Status 38 - 6th December
Picked Up 12th January
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

Which is the final build week for VW factories this year? Is there a close down for ID.3 builds over Christmas, if so over which dates?
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
DAF1D3

Post by DAF1D3 »

Utumno wrote:.
For spreadsheet

ID3 Family 145
Order 4th Nov via Inchcape
Order no. 3153XXXX
Expected delivery mid-April :lol:

Realistically I’m seeing any delivery before July as a win!
ID3 Family 145
Order 4th Nov 2021
Order no. 3153XXXX
Expected delivery mid-April
Update 17/04/22 with dealer early June
Update 18/04/22 not even a build date in the system
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

murfmac wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:53 pm
Seine Highway its currently loading up in Emden and is due in Tyne tomorrow and City of St Petersburg is due to arrive at Emden today then be at Tyne on the 8th....hopefully itll be on one of those , if not then itll be another few weeks.
According to the destination on the Seine Highway its Newcastle Australia and looking at the arrivals board it is expected there. The timing are out on it. Itsgoing have to go some to get there for the 8th. :lol: :lol:
IDontknow

Post by IDontknow »

I'm a bit rubbish at working out what boats are up to - the link in the spreadsheet took me to a boat floating about near Denmark, so I assume I'm not using it properly!

Does anyone have any idea of there are boats scheduled to head to Sheerness from Emden?

Our dealer reckons delivery before Xmas should be doable...but can't guarantee it obvs - and I'm curious to see if it's really possible. I think it would need to be on a boat this week to make that happen...