Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

What’s everyone’s thoughts, do you think if I change my order from a pure to a pro, it will speed up our delivery ?
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff

joshgiova

Post by joshgiova »

Tom_1985 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:23 pm What’s everyone’s thoughts, do you think if I change my order from a pure to a pro, it will speed up our delivery ?
Highly unlikely to make any difference, unless your dealer has a stock car or something in pipeline they can offer you.
Order Placed (3124xxxx) - 2nd July 21
Build Week - 34 w/c 23rd August 21
Arrived at Emden - 20th September 21
Released to shipping - 4th October 21
Shipped to UK - 6th October 21
Arrived in the UK - 8th October 21
At Dealer - 18th October 21
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Seems everyone who’s ordered anything other than pure getting them far quicker
Life Pro 58KW
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Tom_1985 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:47 pm Seems everyone who’s ordered anything other than pure getting them far quicker
What evidence is there of that?
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Just seems no-one on here is having to wait as long as us, dealer has plenty of build slots and not over ordered, personally I think it’s because a base model they are getting pushed to the back, makes business sense to focus on higher yielding models, by the time I get mine will be nearly a year, I ordered a Q4 for myself a month later, and that’s coming 5 months before my ID3, as it’s 30k more no doubt, just frustrating
Life Pro 58KW
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

I have a VWList of lead times for all models. It was dated last Friday and refers to orders taken this past week.
The general lead time for an ID.3 is 26 weeks with the exception of 3 trims. The Life 45kWh Pure Performance 150PS is 28 weeks.
So I would ask your dealer again what the lead time is according to their latest VW lead time sheet.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

That’s odd Newfie - the latest brochure says the Pure models are only available from stock and are not available for factory order.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

I'm just going by whats stated but it is odd.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Yea, you can’t order the pure 45 150 at all now, and from what I understand they are honouring current orders then it’s being binned altogether. We’re on week 9 since order, so going by that our build should be mid feb not mid March, 33 week lead time for us
Life Pro 58KW
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
Eddcunningham

Post by Eddcunningham »

Does anyone know if there’s a standard timescale from build week to delivery?
My dealer was saying it was 8 weeks from build week to delivery date, but when I initially ordered, it was only 3 weeks.
I can understand build weeks being pushed back, but surely build time and delivery time would be fairly static?
58kW Life Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey, East Derry wheels
Ordered: June 21st (wk25)
Order no: 31285xxx
Confirmed build week: wk36
Released from factory: wk47
Arrived in UK: wk48
Delivery: wk50
DarrenPotton

Post by DarrenPotton »

Ordered my ID3 Family Pro Performance today.
Delivery is 26 weeks.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Eddcunningham wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:53 pm Does anyone know if there’s a standard timescale from build week to delivery?
My dealer was saying it was 8 weeks from build week to delivery date, but when I initially ordered, it was only 3 weeks.
I can understand build weeks being pushed back, but surely build time and delivery time would be fairly static?

Typically 4 weeks from factory gate to driver collection, but it’s all over the place at the moment and it’s been as high as 2 months.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Oldfrank

Post by Oldfrank »

My order No. 5573050 for an ID.3 5 Door 204PS Family Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey with East Derry alloys, through VW Leasing, via my local dealer, is dated 5th March 2021, with expected delivery of 27th September. Only one week after expected delivery, my dealer was able to in form me that the car had been made and had left the factory.

Within a week, it had arrived at port and been released for shipping. When I last spoke to my dealer on 11th October, the car was still dockside and had not embarked. He knew no more.

I contacted VW UK and was led through an online chat which was abruptly terminated when the operator told me that 'overview (i.e information about car movements) has been withdrawn due to technical issues.' If I wasn't satisfied, I could use the complaints line.

This could be the destruction of the trust I've had in VW through a flawless series of half-a-dozen Audi and VW purchases over 22 years, with total communication and flawless timing. The gist of what they're saying is that now, even when it comes to telling me where my car is and how soon I can expect to drive it, they've lost the plot.
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Oldfrank wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:53 pm My order No. 5573050 for an ID.3 5 Door 204PS Family Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey with East Derry alloys, through VW Leasing, via my local dealer, is dated 5th March 2021, with expected delivery of 27th September. Only one week after expected delivery, my dealer was able to in form me that the car had been made and had left the factory.

Within a week, it had arrived at port and been released for shipping. When I last spoke to my dealer on 11th October, the car was still dockside and had not embarked. He knew no more.

I contacted VW UK and was led through an online chat which was abruptly terminated when the operator told me that 'overview (i.e information about car movements) has been withdrawn due to technical issues.' If I wasn't satisfied, I could use the complaints line.

This could be the destruction of the trust I've had in VW through a flawless series of half-a-dozen Audi and VW purchases over 22 years, with total communication and flawless timing. The gist of what they're saying is that now, even when it comes to telling me where my car is and how soon I can expect to drive it, they've lost the plot.
I think what they're saying is that they would rather not provide unreliable information.

There are well-publicised, global, reasons why the process is currently unreliable. It's a first-world problem, at the end of the day.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Oldfrank wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:53 pm My order No. 5573050 for an ID.3 5 Door 204PS Family Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey with East Derry alloys, through VW Leasing, via my local dealer, is dated 5th March 2021, with expected delivery of 27th September. Only one week after expected delivery, my dealer was able to in form me that the car had been made and had left the factory.

You’d been quoted nearly 7 months lead time in March?

Also, aren’t VW order numbers all 8 digits long, rather than 7?
Last edited by Utumno on Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

smuj

Post by smuj »

sausageroll wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:01 pm

I think what they're saying is that they would rather not provide unreliable information.

There are well-publicised, global, reasons why the process is currently unreliable. It's a first-world problem, at the end of the day.
Then they should be upfront about this instead of “technical issues “. I’ve also lost trust with them.
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
———————————————————————————————————
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

smuj wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:58 pm Then they should be upfront about this instead of “technical issues “. I’ve also lost trust with them.
When have they not been?

Seems to me like it's on your dealer - VW have been talking, and warning about it since Dec/Jan.

Even your order seems like it had a 6 month lead time, so I'm not sure it was made out of ignorance for that fact.
smuj

Post by smuj »

sausageroll wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:39 pm
smuj wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:58 pm Then they should be upfront about this instead of “technical issues “. I’ve also lost trust with them.
When have they not been?

Seems to me like it's on your dealer - VW have been talking, and warning about it since Dec/Jan.

Even your order seems like it had a 6 month lead time, so I'm not sure it was made out of ignorance for that fact.
I ordered on 11 July and was given a projected delivery date of mid to late November which is nearer to 4 months. But if I get it in 6, no problem. My dealer gives me two weekly updates which I’m perfectly happy with.

My lack of trust is with VW not my dealer. When they took the tracker down I queried it with VWUK and was told it was only temporary as they were updating their website. Right. They removed the text updates too without any explanation. Maybe they are also updating their text messaging system. We all know why they are down,why not say it.

Anyway, my trust in VW disappeared before the current crises. Probably totally went with dieselgate. Although I do think that other car manufacturers were happy to see VW take all the flack as I can’t believe they were the only ones at it.

And, before you ask, I’ve stuck with VW since the early nineties because I really like their cars, I don’t think that other manufacturers are any better (profit trumps all), and I’ve always had a good relation with my dealer, although not perfect.
Smuj

Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Agree smuj,

The whole order tracker thing is a real bugbear of mine, I’ve also ordered a Q4 as my company car, one thing I will give VW is although it’s a ridiculous wait, we are still getting updates on the build if we chase, dealer has been poor, I’ve had to chase everything.
But Audi has been really bad, my car has been booked by the leasing company to be delivered 07/01/22 pm slot, however I still have no build date, no information at all, my current lease runs out in January and cannot be extended, I have asked and asked and asked for some small snippet of information so that I can try and make arrangements if the car will not be delivered on said date, but nothing. All I get is our information is not accurate at this time, please try next week, that’s been 4 weeks now. It’s not good enough.
Life Pro 58KW
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
smuj

Post by smuj »

That’s bad. I hope you can get it sorted in time. Best of luck.
Smuj