Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Turquoise

Post by Turquoise »

rikimaru wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:30 pm
Braddad9 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:21 pm On a slightly related note, out of the hundreds of different wall chargers that are now on the market - how do you choose which one to go for…

Do they not all do the same thing haha
Worth looking at the Ohme Pro as it has some smart features and a low enough profile.

If you're not sure then this site is a great start: http://rightcharge.co.uk

@furtive Didn't realise the first 2 letters indicated where it was registered! Wouldn't it be BI or something for Birmingham?
I've had BW and BJ from Birmingham before. (Unfortunately I got BW69 and not BJ69 on that year's lease car. :lol: )
Family PP (Turquoise with East Derry alloys)
Ordered Oct '21 (Tusker/Marshall Fleet)
Built '22 wk33, delivered wk41

Zappi 7kW Black tethered
4.5kWp solar with 7.5kWh battery

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-sun-45

Griff

Post by Griff »

Turquoise wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 1:46 pm
rikimaru wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:30 pm

@furtive Didn't realise the first 2 letters indicated where it was registered! Wouldn't it be BI or something for Birmingham?
I've had BW and BJ from Birmingham before. (Unfortunately I got BW69 and not BJ69 on that year's lease car. :lol: )
[/quote]

May be a bit out of date, I believe Birmingham is anything from BA to BY (in otherwords "B").
I wonder if they kept the BJ's out of circulation....or make money on selling them as private numbers.
:: ID.3 Life Pro :: Manganese Grey :: East Derry Alloys :: Tow Hitch ::
January 2022.
Pod Point Solo 3 Home Charger.
Googs

Post by Googs »

rikimaru wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:55 pm
Googs wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:51 pm For those with Plan Car leasing I called Chris yesterday and he said that my Max was built. He said they have quite a few cars in that are being delivered shortly.
Interestingly I've been in touch with VW and I have a CS rep who has given me additional info yesterday who said it was at the port of exit, from where it can take upto 4 weeks.
So not too long for mine either.

I'd love to see pics of everyones max's. in particular the sensors on the sides of the wheel arches and also the seat controls to see if memory has been added.
Mines being delivered on Wednesday but from the pic I managed to get, it doesn’t look like it has the side sensors or new seats.

I suspect everyone else in this batch will have the same MY22 that I do.
Does that mean it won't have the ability for self parking or lane change?
Braddad9

Post by Braddad9 »

Googs wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:39 pm
rikimaru wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:55 pm
Googs wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:51 pm For those with Plan Car leasing I called Chris yesterday and he said that my Max was built. He said they have quite a few cars in that are being delivered shortly.
Interestingly I've been in touch with VW and I have a CS rep who has given me additional info yesterday who said it was at the port of exit, from where it can take upto 4 weeks.
So not too long for mine either.

I'd love to see pics of everyones max's. in particular the sensors on the sides of the wheel arches and also the seat controls to see if memory has been added.
Mines being delivered on Wednesday but from the pic I managed to get, it doesn’t look like it has the side sensors or new seats.

I suspect everyone else in this batch will have the same MY22 that I do.
Does that mean it won't have the ability for self parking or lane change?
It looks that way, which is unfortunate, but I guess not unfair as long as it wasn’t in the description at the time.

Does anyone have a brochure link to an my22 max?
ID3 Max Pro Performance - Scale Silver
Order: 3140****
Original ETA - Late April/Early May
Delivery scheduled - 18 May 2022
Deleted User 1678

Post by Deleted User 1678 »

Here is one I downloaded in September.
id-3-brochure-pricelist-p11d.pdf
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 133 times
iandoublem

Post by iandoublem »

Heard back from my dealer today: ordered end of Oct 21 and STILL don’t have a build date and am at status 00. Pretty sure that there are plenty of people in a similar boat but it’s very frustrating.
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

iandoublem wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:02 pm Heard back from my dealer today: ordered end of Oct 21 and STILL don’t have a build date and am at status 00. Pretty sure that there are plenty of people in a similar boat but it’s very frustrating.
I ordered at the same time & still no build week ! What a joke 😡
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
DarrenPotton

Post by DarrenPotton »

I ordered in Oct as well and as of Friday still no build date.
This is the first VW I have ordered and will probably be the last due to the complete lack of information.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

DarrenPotton wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:50 am I ordered in Oct as well and as of Friday still no build date.
This is the first VW I have ordered and will probably be the last due to the complete lack of information.
I share the same sentiment. This is my first and last time I'll deal with VW for the same reason.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Jamie1c wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:25 am
DarrenPotton wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:50 am I ordered in Oct as well and as of Friday still no build date.
I share the same sentiment. This is my first and last time I'll deal with VW for the same reason.
It does make you feel like this but the circumstances are very unusual.
My family has three cars on order with Ford.
A Kuga, Puma and Fiesta. All ordered in Feb and expected in qtr4 22. Not one single communication from the dealership or Ford.
Some manufacturers and dealerships are little better or worse than others but overall no one has an accurate picture of progress so they say nothing of consequence for fear of getting it wrong.
Circumstances globally are very unusual.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Daveion wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:44 am
A Kuga, Puma and Fiesta. All ordered in Feb and expected in qtr4 22. Not one single communication from the dealership or Ford.
Some manufacturers and dealerships are little better or worse than others but overall no one has an accurate picture of progress so they say nothing of consequence for fear of getting it wrong.
Exactly, the circumstances are unusual and I’d say you’re going to get a similar experience with nearly every manufacture bar perhaps Tesla.

What I’m not share is unusual or the norm is VW’s at times misleading marketing communication. I have confirmation from their customer support that my car would definitely get memory seats which obviously isn’t the case. It’s a shame they won’t be penalised for that.

Nevermind the fact that 2021 cars with travel assist are now a bit outdated because they can’t use the swarm data.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Daveion wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:44 am
I agree the circumstances are unusual. I've dealt with Nissan and Ford a few times and mitsubishi once and have absolutely no complaints about them at all. All were very forthcoming with info whereas VW seem to come across as some sort of secret society when it comes to info in my personal experience. Info is very vague when I actually get some. A very poor experience.

Mitsubishi did mess up my car order (the car I have just now) to cut a long story short, I have the outlander phev, I didn't order a phev, just the petrol version and I have to say it is the best mess up I've had 🤣
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Andy1966

Post by Andy1966 »

No updates on when our car will be coming.
But we may arrange another test drive just to remind us what the cars like since we ordered one last October!
Ordered 31st Oct 2021 - Family Pro Performance
Original delivery date 31/04/2022 now 12/01/2023
Updated build date Wk 50
Finally collected 21/01/23
Order number 31064***
furtive

Post by furtive »

rikimaru wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:12 am I called up the dealer to ask a few things (including whether it comes with mats which it does) and if they could send me a photo. They happily obliged!
Excellent. And very nice that it comes with mats - that is something I was thinking of ordering (I've already got replacement wheel trims ready to put on)
ID.3 Max in Ivory White
Hypervolt charger
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

furtive wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:08 pm
rikimaru wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:12 am I called up the dealer to ask a few things (including whether it comes with mats which it does) and if they could send me a photo. They happily obliged!
Excellent. And very nice that it comes with mats - that is something I was thinking of ordering (I've already got replacement wheel trims ready to put on)
Which trims did you go for?
furtive

Post by furtive »

Just the standard ones with the black sections from here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284484592238 ... 7Ciid%3A14
ID.3 Max in Ivory White
Hypervolt charger
lunajai

Post by lunajai »

ag-indie wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:32 pm
iandoublem wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:02 pm Heard back from my dealer today: ordered end of Oct 21 and STILL don’t have a build date and am at status 00. Pretty sure that there are plenty of people in a similar boat but it’s very frustrating.
We ordered 11 August and are in the same position. We were on build week 33 (2022) for months but now it has gone. Our dealership says every EV they have on order has the same.
Family Pro Manganese w/ East Derry
Ordered start of August 2021
Order no: 31430***
Final bw: 39
Mood: (Not so) fuming
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

lunajai wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:39 pm
We ordered 11 August and are in the same position. We were on build week 33 (2022) for months but now it has gone. Our dealership says every EV they have on order has the same.
A number of us here on the thread are in this position unclear if the Gov grant will be honoured and whether, if it is not, is the car still affordable.
It's a decision the dealers, VW and Gov can make now that would either confirm the wait is worth it or allow us to cancel and move on.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
lunajai

Post by lunajai »

Daveion wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:38 pm
lunajai wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:39 pm
A number of us here on the thread are in this position unclear if the Gov grant will be honoured and whether, if it is not, is the car still affordable.
It's a decision the dealers, VW and Gov can make now that would either confirm the wait is worth it or allow us to cancel and move on.
Yeah it’s really stressful. We used Car Wow to negotiate a better price with our dealer. They complained at the time that they were making a loss selling the car. Now when we ask anything—which we haven’t, really—they say “your deal was too good, we can’t do anything more”. It’s really disappointing. Had I known, I would have gone with the other dealership who were further away but £1 a month cheaper lol. This all means I haven’t even had the grant conversation with them. I guess I’m burying my head in the sand about it. I am moving abroad until the end of the year and hoped my partner would have the new car so they feel able to travel and meet friends/family etc when I’m away.
Family Pro Manganese w/ East Derry
Ordered start of August 2021
Order no: 31430***
Final bw: 39
Mood: (Not so) fuming
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Anyone know if there's a way we can set up the We Connect app beforehand? I'm getting a "Something went wrong" error so I guess it's only possible when we have the car...