Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

cornbutter wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:44 pm
Utumno wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:20 pm Tesla being the sole possible exception (but I don’t trust Elon’s dates!)
You said it brother. Musk is such a flim flam man. There is someone with a Tesla from the last year who lives in my estate, if I run into him I'll ask him how long he had to wait.
That's not really how it works with Tesla. They ship their cars in huge batches at the end of every quarter. There isn't what you would call a "factory order" as such, they just make the cars in various configurations (hence there being very few options available).

A friend ordered one in August and got it two weeks later, simply because they could allocate one of the cars heading into the UK.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten

morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Just as andrewparker says, although Tesla are trying to move away from the end of quarter rush and into something a bit more consistent throughout the year. They are also in a better position as they seemed to take less of a reaction to COVID and didn’t reduce their chip orders. I’ve also read that their experience has meant that they are able to use fewer chips per car, which obviously helps.

Current Model 3 anticipated delivery for an order today is March 2022. I ordered mine beginning of November and picked it up just before Christmas (much to Mrs Morrishey’s annoyance having ordered her ID3 in September).
Family Pro Performance. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry alloys.
Ordered 16/9/21
Delivered 31/3/22
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Latest dealer update is … well, make your own minds up.
I unfortunately have no definitive information for you to confirm that your car has been built.

However, I now understand that Volkswagen are building new cars without the component that contains the micro chip. When that part is then available to fit to the car it is being installed and the car then dispatched for transit. Unfortunately Volkswagen are not able to update us which cars are being produced in this way.

Your car is part of a batch of the longest over due cars that we have at Kidlington on order. I would understand that Volkswagen will be prioritising cars with the oldest build weeks subject to getting supply of the outstanding parts to complete the build.

Am sorry that I cannot give you a firm date, I am sure Volkswagen are working hard to resolve this situation.
Elon’s still claiming “March 2022”…
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Owmuch

Post by Owmuch »

Hi all like others I have been loitering around for a few months. Ordered through motability
Jct600 Bradford
Id3 family pro makena turquoise
Ordered 26/11/21
Order number 3156××××
Given appox delivery of June when I ordered think I'll be lucky to receive it this year.
Please feel free to add details to spreadsheet.
Id3 family pro
Order no 31566***
Makena turquoise
Ordered 25-11-21
Proposed build week 46
Motability order
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Stiggy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:23 am Looks like anything ordered in 2022 is likely to be 1year + from order to delivery !! 🤬🤬 I know the industry is in the same boat however not many are on the 1year + timescale !! VAG group all the same tho, pal of
Mine is waiting delivery of a Q4 ordered in June and currently looking at March/April !
I can top that, ordered my Q4 04/08/21. Current build week 44/2022 so I won’t see it until 2023 😂

Madness
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Perhaps another reason for the delivery delays to lower volume VW models is that they need to get as many EVs delivered as possible to avoid massive EU C02 penalties:

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos- ... 022-01-24/
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
aayron

Post by aayron »

That Reuters article posted by Smitten says they had to deliver sufficient EVs to EU, Norway and Iceland to cancel out ICE CO2 emissions and so avoid penalties. If they are the target markets they need to address each year to avoid EU penalties then UK deliveries are likely to remain restricted.
Id.3 107KW Family Pro 58kWh, Makena Turquoise, East Derry Wheels
Ordered 30/10/21
Order Number 31528XXX
Build Week 47(2022)
Received Week 4 (2023)
Griff

Post by Griff »

Utumno wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:09 pm Latest dealer update is … well, make your own minds up.
I unfortunately have no definitive information for you to confirm that your car has been built.

However, I now understand that Volkswagen are building new cars without the component that contains the micro chip. When that part is then available to fit to the car it is being installed and the car then dispatched for transit. Unfortunately Volkswagen are not able to update us which cars are being produced in this way.

Your car is part of a batch of the longest over due cars that we have at Kidlington on order. I would understand that Volkswagen will be prioritising cars with the oldest build weeks subject to getting supply of the outstanding parts to complete the build.

Am sorry that I cannot give you a firm date, I am sure Volkswagen are working hard to resolve this situation.
Chatted with dealer......apparently UK dealers are entirely dependent on @Utumno's Tracker to get their information.....therefore reluctant to supply Utumno with his car in case he stops updating the spreadsheet..........
:: ID.3 Life Pro :: Manganese Grey :: East Derry Alloys :: Tow Hitch ::
January 2022.
Pod Point Solo 3 Home Charger.
Sanya

Post by Sanya »

Griff wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:48 am
Utumno wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:09 pm Latest dealer update is … well, make your own minds up.

Chatted with dealer......apparently UK dealers are entirely dependent on @Utumno's Tracker to get their information.....therefore reluctant to supply Utumno with his car in case he stops updating the spreadsheet..........
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Family Pro Performance | Glacier White | Sanya 20” alloys | Delivered March 2022
3rd time EV owner | BMWi Pure wall box.
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

Mentioned before that I manage the fleet at work. Just had an ETA update from VW about a Tiguan TDI Elegance we ordered a week before my ID3 (October 2021). New estimated delivery has moved from 31/03/22 to 31/10/22!!!
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!
AyupItsLeigh

Post by AyupItsLeigh »

Morning all,
Just joined the forum after keeping an eye on updates since before Christmas.
Rather than lurking in the background, I thought the least I could do was add my order info to the effort made by Utumno :)
Keep up the good work, this is a great source and far more informative than the dealers.
Family Pro Performance - Turquoise - East Derry Alloys
Inchcape Stockport - 31361xxx - Build Week 40
Ordered: 16/07/2021 - Left factory: 31/01/2022 - Shipped: 21/02/2022 - UK: 21/03/2022 - Dealer: 29/03/2022 - Collected: 31/03/2022
Bonnet Referral: REEDX
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

aayron wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:12 am That Reuters article posted by Smitten says they had to deliver sufficient EVs to EU, Norway and Iceland to cancel out ICE CO2 emissions and so avoid penalties. If they are the target markets they need to address each year to avoid EU penalties then UK deliveries are likely to remain restricted.
I believe under the current trade deal, delivery to U.K. also counted as part of target to meet EU requirements.
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Griff wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:48 am

Thus proving the old saw that "no good deed goes unpunished" 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

AyupItsLeigh wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:21 am Morning all,
Rather than lurking in the background, I thought the least I could do was add my order info to the effort made by Utumno :)
Keep up the good work, this is a great source and far more informative than the dealers.

Welcome @AyupItsLeigh. Details added to the spreadsheet! Welcome to the week 40 "Bermuda Triangle" club 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Alongwait wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:47 am
aayron wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:12 am That Reuters article posted by Smitten says they had to deliver sufficient EVs to EU, Norway and Iceland to cancel out ICE CO2 emissions and so avoid penalties. If they are the target markets they need to address each year to avoid EU penalties then UK deliveries are likely to remain restricted.
I believe under the current trade deal, delivery to U.K. also counted as part of target to meet EU requirements.

Also https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/ ... -2021-7710
Based on preliminary figures, Volkswagen Passenger Cars has exceeded the ambitious European CO2 fleet targets for 2021 and produced around 5.5 million grams fewer CO2 than required by law. The passenger car fleet of new vehicles in the European Union achieved average CO2 emissions of 113 g/km – the legal CO2 target for the brand was 119 g/km. In 2021, the realistic WLTP standard replaced the old NEDC. Volkswagen had already over-fulfilled the targets for 2020.
So rather than squeaking in under the wire, it appears they smashed well through through the target for the last two years. I get that the narrative of "producing just enough EV's to avoid being fined" is a nice journalistic narrative that plays well on Facebook conspiracy theorists, but the available advertised facts don't really support that as far as I'm concerned.

VW might well be focusing on larger and more profitable markets than the UK, but conflating that with emissions targets doesn't seem logical to me.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

AyupItsLeigh

Post by AyupItsLeigh »

Utumno wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:25 am
AyupItsLeigh wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:21 am Morning all,

Welcome @AyupItsLeigh. Details added to the spreadsheet! Welcome to the week 40 "Bermuda Triangle" club 😂
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Family Pro Performance - Turquoise - East Derry Alloys
Inchcape Stockport - 31361xxx - Build Week 40
Ordered: 16/07/2021 - Left factory: 31/01/2022 - Shipped: 21/02/2022 - UK: 21/03/2022 - Dealer: 29/03/2022 - Collected: 31/03/2022
Bonnet Referral: REEDX
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

My latest update (no update?).....

Your vehicle status is currently at ‘accepted at factory’ but with no ETA on build week. Cars that do have an ETA on a build week are still moving back so it’s probably a good thing they haven’t given me one for your car yet, as they may be waiting for a bit more certainty on their end before allocating one.

Guidance on lead times are set on your order form, however, as guided in your confirmation email – this is a guide only, and delays may occur due to semiconductor shortages (and whatever else is being thrown at us in the world).

Please be assured that your order is of an utmost importance to myself and my team, I need to deliver cars to make a living, so it is in my benefit to keep chasing the factory for you. I shall be checking cars as often as I can, I will just not be able to update you as often as I’d like.

I will be in touch around February / March time, hopefully with some more clarity on lead times, allocated build weeks, and ETA’s.
Waterboy

Post by Waterboy »

Hi all - been lurking around on here a while and thought I'd say hello. I am waiting on an ID3 Max, ordered 6th July 2021. Details as follow (for the spreadsheet ;-) ):

Model: ID3 Max, glacier white, heat pump, andoya alloys
Order date: 6th July 2021
Number: 31373***
Latest status: didn't get built in November and still awaiting update
Dealer: Beadles, Chelmsford
ID3 Max | Glacier White | Heat Pump | Andoya Alloys
Ordered 6th July 2021
Order No. 31373***
Latest Update: no one knows...!
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

Waterboy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:00 pm Hi all - been lurking around on here a while and thought I'd say hello. I am waiting on an ID3 Max, ordered 6th July 2021. Details as follow (for the spreadsheet ;-) ):

Looking like another WK40 mystery! Welcome to the forum
Waterboy

Post by Waterboy »

Hemming91 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:12 pm
Waterboy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:00 pm Hi all - been lurking around on here a while and thought I'd say hello. I am waiting on an ID3 Max, ordered 6th July 2021. Details as follow (for the spreadsheet ;-) ):

Looking like another WK40 mystery! Welcome to the forum
Yep - looks like a few of us have 'lost' cars in the middle of Q4 last year.
ID3 Max | Glacier White | Heat Pump | Andoya Alloys
Ordered 6th July 2021
Order No. 31373***
Latest Update: no one knows...!