Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
monkeyhanger
Posts: 298
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by monkeyhanger » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:18 am

metcast wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:38 am
degur wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:27 pm
Hi everyone, I’ve been lurking for a while having placed my order back on the 3rd of July for a Life Pro with assistance pack. I received my order number by the 6th of July. Still awaiting a build date confirmation here. Order number starts 3135.
Did you check with VW live chat/dealership? They said build date should be confirmed within 2-3 weeks of factory order being accepted
Build week isn't confirmed until about 4 weeks before it is actually built. It is at that point that modification to the order cannot be made and VW has secured/allocated all parts required to your order.

metcast
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:53 am

Post by metcast » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:17 am

monkeyhanger wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:18 am
metcast wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:38 am
degur wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:27 pm
Hi everyone, I’ve been lurking for a while having placed my order back on the 3rd of July for a Life Pro with assistance pack. I received my order number by the 6th of July. Still awaiting a build date confirmation here. Order number starts 3135.
Did you check with VW live chat/dealership? They said build date should be confirmed within 2-3 weeks of factory order being accepted
Build week isn't confirmed until about 4 weeks before it is actually built. It is at that point that modification to the order cannot be made and VW has secured/allocated all parts required to your order.
You're right. Sorry, what I mean to say was an estimated build date should be given within 2-3 weeks after factory accepts order. It's then only confirmed 4 weeks before.
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
??? - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit

joshgiova
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by joshgiova » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:45 pm

Hi everyone, been reading this board since ordering on 2nd July, just thought I would update with my order progress as well.

ID3 Tour Pro S - Ordered 2nd July
BW 34 w/c 23rd August

Latest update from VW UK live chat as of today is car is at Emden awaiting ship. Looking at about 12 weeks from order to delivery, so seems like good going compared to most.

degur
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:22 pm

Post by degur » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:18 pm

joshgiova wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:45 pm
Hi everyone, been reading this board since ordering on 2nd July, just thought I would update with my order progress as well.

ID3 Tour Pro S - Ordered 2nd July
BW 34 w/c 23rd August

Latest update from VW UK live chat as of today is car is at Emden awaiting ship. Looking at about 12 weeks from order to delivery, so seems like good going compared to most.
You lucky so and so :)
Life Pro W/ Assistance Pack in Moonstone Grey
Ordered 2nd July 2021
Build week: ????

Newfie
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: East Yorkshire

Post by Newfie » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:19 pm

Currently there is one ship in Emden with no destination as yet but usually does the Grimsby trip and sometimes goes on to Tyne afterwards.
On order 1.7.21 - ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Tour Manganese Grey
2.7.21 Stage 2 With the Factory
3.9.21 Stage 3 Confirmed Build week 39

User avatar
Utumno
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 am

Post by Utumno » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:33 pm

joshgiova wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:45 pm
Hi everyone, been reading this board since ordering on 2nd July, just thought I would update with my order progress as well.

ID3 Tour Pro S - Ordered 2nd July
BW 34 w/c 23rd August

Latest update from VW UK live chat as of today is car is at Emden awaiting ship. Looking at about 12 weeks from order to delivery, so seems like good going compared to most.

Nice. Do you know if this was a full on factory order (mine was) or whether your dealer already had one on back order that was allocated to you ? Our order went in a couple weeks after yours, and it’s going to be at least week 40 before it goes into assembly, if not later.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Tour in Manganese Grey
Ordered 12-Jul-2021 (wk28)
Order no 31384xxx received 26-Jul (wk30)
Confirmed build wk40 received 18-Sep (wk37)
Delivery expectation Nov 2021!

van
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:42 am
Location: East Sussex

Post by van » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:56 pm

Indeed, lucky so and so. News reports from the last few days say that semi-conductor shortages were exacerbated by Covid causing factories in Malaysia to close down, and although other areas, like Taiwan, are trying to ramp production there will be shortages for some time to come. VW think things may improve in the next quarter (Oct-Dec?) and "hope" to get back to normal "some time" in 2022. We ordered 8th Aug and expecting a call from the dealer soon with an update, but I suspect they won't want to proactively ring with bad news! Still, they said Jan 22, hopefully Dec 21 when we ordered so there's still some time to go yet.
Family Pro Moonstone Grey East Derry alloys (expected Jan 22).

metcast
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:53 am

Post by metcast » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:58 pm

Newfie wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:19 pm
Currently there is one ship in Emden with no destination as yet but usually does the Grimsby trip and sometimes goes on to Tyne afterwards.
How are you checking this?

How long does it normally en-route to UK?
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
??? - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit

Newfie
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: East Yorkshire

Post by Newfie » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:06 pm

metcast wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:58 pm
Newfie wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:19 pm
Currently there is one ship in Emden with no destination as yet but usually does the Grimsby trip and sometimes goes on to Tyne afterwards.
How are you checking this?

How long does it normally en-route to UK?
The Marine Traffic website. This should show Emden port and The City of Rotterdam is the ship that frequently ships to Grimsby and Tyne, https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/ho ... 39/zoom:15
The running of ships has slowed down a lot over the last few weeks. Many of the ships that make the journey from Emden to the UK are eithered moored up at the last port and at anchor. I have never seen it so quiet.
The Ems Highway is due to dock at Grimsby at 20.30 tonight.
The time to cross is around 24 hours but sometimes depending on tide it takes a little longer to dock.
When my Tiguan was shipped over 3 years ago it sat in the Humber Estuary for 2 days as it was too windy to dock.
On order 1.7.21 - ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Tour Manganese Grey
2.7.21 Stage 2 With the Factory
3.9.21 Stage 3 Confirmed Build week 39

metcast
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:53 am

Post by metcast » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:56 pm

Newfie wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:06 pm
metcast wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:58 pm
Newfie wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:19 pm
Currently there is one ship in Emden with no destination as yet but usually does the Grimsby trip and sometimes goes on to Tyne afterwards.
How are you checking this?

How long does it normally en-route to UK?
The Marine Traffic website. This should show Emden port and The City of Rotterdam is the ship that frequently ships to Grimsby and Tyne, https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/ho ... 39/zoom:15
The running of ships has slowed down a lot over the last few weeks. Many of the ships that make the journey from Emden to the UK are eithered moored up at the last port and at anchor. I have never seen it so quiet.
The Ems Highway is due to dock at Grimsby at 20.30 tonight.
The time to cross is around 24 hours but sometimes depending on tide it takes a little longer to dock.
When my Tiguan was shipped over 3 years ago it sat in the Humber Estuary for 2 days as it was too windy to dock.
But how do you know the names of the ships that VW uses?

I tracked my Ioniq a while back and there was a website which showed shipping schedules for the shipping company Hyundai used. It took nearly 2 months to get to the UK!
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
??? - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit

Post Reply