Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
eyedeethree

Post by eyedeethree »

I ordered my id3 on 6th November 2021 and have not yet received a build date let alone delivery (just a letter from VW in March apologising for delays etc etc, and an email in June with pretty much the same thing). Can I ask, do they contact you out of the blue and say its ready? How much notice would you normally receive prior to actually getting the car please?
Thanks
O/no 31540***
O/Date 6th Nov 2021

Souljacker

Post by Souljacker »

Today was the first time they have contacted me rather than me contacting them. I went direct to the dealer (rather than via my salary sacrifice dealer) to get the build week a few months ago but then I didn't hear anything until an email today out of the blue telling me it was ready for delivery.
Family Pro Performance, Moonstone grey, East Derry alloys
Order date 09/10/2021
Zenith salary sacrifice, Lookers Harrogate
31498*** order No
Current build week 26
Delivered 29/07/22
Software version 3.0
Podpoint charger
Kwr68

Post by Kwr68 »

I was told in June build in August for late September delivery then early July told car on way to ship 4/6weeks one week later car was at dealers picked last Wednesday so yes a lot of people have had phone calls out of the blue
korky

Post by korky »

Souljacker wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:11 pm Today was the first time they have contacted me rather than me contacting them. I went direct to the dealer (rather than via my salary sacrifice dealer) to get the build week a few months ago but then I didn't hear anything until an email today out of the blue telling me it was ready for delivery.
hoping mine due very soon, i've ordered same car spec also via zenith with a leeds dealer and my order was even earlier than yours? 31447***
darknite1

Post by darknite1 »

Collected my id3 life pro performance yesterday. Ordered October 2021. Was built June 2022. Spec wise it came with the older patterned seat trip, no tinted windows, no reverse camera, no keyless entry. It did come with version 3 software straight from the factory. So I assume they had all the standard items in stock from way back. To be honest I don't care, its great fun. The wife would of liked the tinted glass and I would have liked the camera, mainly because my last car had a camera. But no biggy. Basically the car hardware was wise is what I ordered in October 2021. No changes to it with the passage of time or VW lacking parts etc.

Only issue I can find is if I pull up both triggers for the front window the driver will close and the passenger will open...... Seem's to happen after the windows have been open for a longer period. If I can make it happen on demand I will report it to the dealer when they call me Wednesday for a "how are you getting on chat"
Andy1966

Post by Andy1966 »

Andy1966 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:04 pm
al_id3 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:38 am Out of interest, has anyone had a delivery from Heritage Bristol? Or a confirmation that their ID.3 is on the way?
I would be interested as well.
Ordered last Oct 21 , due April 22.
Only communication has been it’s been delayed.
No dates given , no build date .
And I’ve had some emails with one of the dealers saying that they are now being built and that they would honour the contract we signed .
That’s it ….
After me saying this they contact us! Seems they are waiting for details for their orders from VW themselves.
I imagine they are in the dark as much as us. They may turn up out the blue with very little warning!!
Probably all the orders will appear at the same time...The end maybe in sight!
Ordered 31st Oct 2021 - Family Pro Performance
Original delivery date 31/04/2022 now 12/01/2023
Updated build date Wk 50
Finally collected 21/01/23
Order number 31064***
jimbaxter

Post by jimbaxter »

Andy1966 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:50 pm
al_id3 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:38 am Out of interest, has anyone had a delivery from Heritage Bristol? Or a confirmation that their ID.3 is on the way?
And I’ve had some emails with one of the dealers saying that they are now being built and that they would honour the contract we signed .
That’s it ….
After me saying this they contact us! Seems they are waiting for details for their orders from VW themselves.
I imagine they are in the dark as much as us. They may turn up out the blue with very little warning!!
Maybe they are reading this ;)
13th Jan: Ordered ID3 Family Pro Performance in Moonstone Grey.
Order #315109xx
ETA 01/2023 (Car part of pre-orders from Oct 2021)

Last update 19th Aug: Build Week 49/2022
ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Andy1966

Post by Andy1966 »

jimbaxter wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:58 pm

That’s it ….
Always a chance !
I think it’s VW and how they’ve handled it more than the dealers . Obviously world events have caused problems out of their hands but some sort of regular updates would help .
Ordered 31st Oct 2021 - Family Pro Performance
Original delivery date 31/04/2022 now 12/01/2023
Updated build date Wk 50
Finally collected 21/01/23
Order number 31064***
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Andy1966 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:15 pm
jimbaxter wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:58 pm
Always a chance !
I think it’s VW and how they’ve handled it more than the dealers . Obviously world events have caused problems out of their hands but some sort of regular updates would help .
Absolutely! This has been proven when the dealerships have told customers status 00 and 10 then in the next breath the car magically appears at the dealerships due to lack of updates from the factory. I think the dealers are just as surprised as the customers when cars appear.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Ollie23

Post by Ollie23 »

Not been on in a while as I've heard nothing from my dealer since early April, after numerous emails of me chasing him the past couple of weeks he has now got back to me.

The last estimate build date was week 34, he has now told me it is now showing week 47. Starting to get a bit irratated now as it has been over a year since I ordered.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

darknite1 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:17 am Collected my id3 life pro performance yesterday. Ordered October 2021. Was built June 2022. Spec wise it came with the older patterned seat trip, no tinted windows, no reverse camera, no keyless entry. It did come with version 3 software straight from the factory. So I assume they had all the standard items in stock from way back. To be honest I don't care, its great fun. The wife would of liked the tinted glass and I would have liked the camera, mainly because my last car had a camera. But no biggy. Basically the car hardware was wise is what I ordered in October 2021. No changes to it with the passage of time or VW lacking parts etc.

Only issue I can find is if I pull up both triggers for the front window the driver will close and the passenger will open...... Seem's to happen after the windows have been open for a longer period. If I can make it happen on demand I will report it to the dealer when they call me Wednesday for a "how are you getting on chat"
Hi. Are these changes from when you ordered the car. I’ve ordered the life pro and was assuming it would still have the camera and tinted. Would be rather annoying if that changes.
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

Jamesh wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:39 pm Hi. Are these changes from when you ordered the car. I’ve ordered the life pro and was assuming it would still have the camera and tinted. Would be rather annoying if that changes.
Those have only been standard spec on the Life since around the beginning of feb this year. So won't have been in the spec when the car was ordered. But then recent Family spec cars have been coming with side sensors and different seat material from when they were ordered. So guess there might have been a chance that Life orders came with extras that weren't the spec when ordered.
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

Ollie23 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:01 pm Not been on in a while as I've heard nothing from my dealer since early April, after numerous emails of me chasing him the past couple of weeks he has now got back to me.

The last estimate build date was week 34, he has now told me it is now showing week 47. Starting to get a bit irratated now as it has been over a year since I ordered.
When did you order & what model?
Over a year is ridiculous.
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

ag-indie wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:14 am Over a year is ridiculous.
And yet a few of us are rushing towards that!! :(
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
Ollie23

Post by Ollie23 »

ag-indie wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:14 am
Ollie23 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:01 pm Not been on in a while as I've heard nothing from my dealer since early April, after numerous emails of me chasing him the past couple of weeks he has now got back to me.

When did you order & what model?
Over a year is ridiculous.
Order end of July last year and I've order the Tour
spectra7045

Post by spectra7045 »

As it was 8 months since my order I decided to enquire not having heard anything for 2 months.
This was the reply I got.

"Hi, the dealer has said Sorry this vehicle does not currently have a build week. The end of September is only estimated and may change. ETA will be updated once build week received which will more than likely be once MY changes have been completed in the next couple of weeks. "

Not sure what the MY23 changes are apart from a possible change to the USB ports so why is it such a problem.

If I didn't have such a good deal I would seriously think about cancelling but when you look at the delivery dates for other cars they are ridiculous. One, I cant remember which, said delivery May 2023
ID3 Family pro performance Glacier white
East Derry wheels.
Ordered From Select Car Leasing 26th November
Order Number 31567XXX
Latest Anticipated Delivery Date 17th April 2023 tho no build week
EO Mini Pro 2 fitted in March
Cancelled
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

spectra7045 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:22 amIf I didn't have such a good deal I would seriously think about cancelling but when you look at the delivery dates for other cars they are ridiculous. One, I cant remember which, said delivery May 2023.
I have a Tiguan on order from mid August last year - no build date, no idea, just apologies (and now hints that it may not arrive until late this year/early next).
2022 (22 plate) Pure performance 150PS - Moonstone Grey (cancelled order), standard spec.
Now Sold!!
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Jamesh wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:39 pm
darknite1 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:17 am Collected my id3 life pro performance yesterday. Ordered October 2021. Was built June 2022. Spec wise it came with the older patterned seat trip, no tinted windows, no reverse camera, no keyless entry. It did come with version 3 software straight from the factory. So I assume they had all the standard items in stock from way back. To be honest I don't care, its great fun. The wife would of liked the tinted glass and I would have liked the camera, mainly because my last car had a camera. But no biggy. Basically the car hardware was wise is what I ordered in October 2021. No changes to it with the passage of time or VW lacking parts etc.

Hi. Are these changes from when you ordered the car. I’ve ordered the life pro and was assuming it would still have the camera and tinted. Would be rather annoying if that changes.

We ordered the life pro with assistance pack plus and andoya wheels on 8th Aug 2021, we had an initial build of week 42 2021, then got moved to week 10 2022, then week 26 2022, now at week 38 2022. From what we have been told it’s the assistance pack plus that’s holding ours up, the camera, side sensors, travel assist etc seems to be the drama.

We have fought and fought and fought, with head office, executive office, same old response, chips, ukraine, blah blah blah.

We are in a nightmare situation as we sold our T-Roc back to the dealer in April this year as our week 26 build didn’t move for 12 weeks so we were pretty confident and took the gamble. Sadly it didn’t pay off.

The dealers have been great in all fairness can’t rate them highly enough, they are doing everything they can to get our grant payment protected, but it’s not a given.

I’m just hoping that week 38 dosent now move. If it locks we should be at around 15 months by the time it’s delivered.

It is frustrating massively, and I feel everyone’s pain, the annoying part is that if one single component isn’t available, your car simply doesn’t get built. And another in line with components available will get built. Sadly that’s the way it works.

Like others we had an incredible deal, with part ex, grant, dealer deposit contribution and Euro 2020 deal we practically stole it. I have wondered if they are purposely putting off the cars that had a great deal to force cancellation as the profit margin was smaller, but our dealer assured us that this isn’t the case.

Fingers crossed we get a confirmed build soon
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
PabloMolina

Post by PabloMolina »

VW started production of the ID.4 in U.S.A. Hopefully this means quicker ID.3 deliveries 🤞.

VW ID3 Life Pro
Ordered: 4th February 2022 in Ireland.
Estimate delivery : December 22/January 23
VW Order#: Unknown
VW Build Status: Unknown
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

Update from my lease company today, eta still 8th nov
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23