Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
User avatar
Daveion
Posts: 860
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:24 am
Location: South Essex RM15

Post by Daveion » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:42 am

I had an update today and was advised that my build date has been revised from week 34 to 00 no status. Sales also advised that the plant is on or entering a 4 week shutdown? and that they are finding it difficult to get any information at all.
Life Pro Perf 2020 Grey, sold June 21st 22
Life Pro Performance in Glacier White ordered Sept 9th 21 31471xxx
Can't live with the uncertainty of del date.
Born v2-Tech L Pack collected 22nd June.
From Stock
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.

Turquoise
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:01 pm

Post by Turquoise » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:32 pm

Daveion wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:42 am
I had an update today and was advised that my build date has been revised from week 34 to 00 no status. Sales also advised that the plant is on or entering a 4 week shutdown? and that they are finding it difficult to get any information at all.
Seems a bit odd that they would shut down for so long when they've only just recently got back up to speed. And also odd that they would confirm build weeks for a period when they are closed... But then VW do seem to work in very odd ways!
Family PP (Turquoise with East Derry alloys)
Ordered Oct 21 (Tusker/Marshall Fleet)
Confirmed build wk33, est. Sept delivery.

Zappi 7kW Black tethered, soon 4.5kWp solar with 7.5kWh battery

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-sun-45

ag-indie
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:08 am

Post by ag-indie » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:17 pm

I don’t think they’re shutting down at all??
Probably another pack of lies by the dealer.
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 41, 2022
Zenith salary sacrifice, Listers Warwickshire.
31516*** order No
Podpoint charger installed January 2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27

Twisted enigma
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by Twisted enigma » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:36 pm

I was informed the transition to MY23 was taking longer than expected. I may just ask mystic Meg, as currently anything the stars say may be more accurate. The sales manager also defended VW as a brand, id question the level of insight shown by that individual.
iD3 max
Manganese
Ordered 12th August 21
Motability customer
Order number ****8599

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker

ag-indie
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:08 am

Post by ag-indie » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:48 pm

I can’t see at all how the transition affects order numbers & build weeks? Am I missing something?
This is just ridiculous, & lack of information/help is appalling, especially from executive office to the customer.
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 41, 2022
Zenith salary sacrifice, Listers Warwickshire.
31516*** order No
Podpoint charger installed January 2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27

Jamie1c
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:38 am

Post by Jamie1c » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:16 pm

Twisted enigma wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:36 pm
I was informed the transition to MY23 was taking longer than expected. I may just ask mystic Meg, as currently anything the stars say may be more accurate. The sales manager also defended VW as a brand, id question the level of insight shown by that individual.
His telephone is probably bugged by vw headquarters 😁

I must be missing something because I was under the impression MY23 was a name change for the black roof or something like that.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20th of August 2021
Dealership- Arnold Clark
I have no order number, unfortunately.
Status 10 (14/02/22)

4810510
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:33 pm

Post by 4810510 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:36 pm

Jamie1c wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:16 pm
Twisted enigma wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:36 pm
I was informed the transition to MY23 was taking longer than expected. I may just ask mystic Meg, as currently anything the stars say may be more accurate. The sales manager also defended VW as a brand, id question the level of insight shown by that individual.
His telephone is probably bugged by vw headquarters 😁

I must be missing something because I was under the impression MY23 was a name change for the black roof or something like that.
I think officially the only change for ID.3 was the name change for black but others are spotting details on VW EU websites like the potential change from a 10" screen to a 12" screen. However, since VW UK keep the mushrooms covered in sh!t then there's no way to tell what's going on.

Big277wave
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:20 am

Post by Big277wave » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:59 pm

I've seen 45W USB C charging ports fitted in the front as a change, Looking at the change sheet for the other VW models it seemed to be included so I was surprised at the time that it wasn't mentioned as a change in the ID.3. Agreed VW ID.3 seem to abide to the mushroom syndrome, keep them in the dark and feed them on shit, for all communication with customers although I'm not even sure they send any crumbs our way.
1st Ed turquoise, white interior, 9/2020
Family Pro preformance, Makena turquoise, Andoya alloys
Ordered 22/9/ 2021 replacing 1st Ed which has been unreliable
Order No 31364***, pre order from July 2021
Status 10 on 12/7/22, build wk41

Jamie1c
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:38 am

Post by Jamie1c » Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:12 pm

4810510 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:36 pm
Jamie1c wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:16 pm
Twisted enigma wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:36 pm
I was informed the transition to MY23 was taking longer than expected. I may just ask mystic Meg, as currently anything the stars say may be more accurate. The sales manager also defended VW as a brand, id question the level of insight shown by that individual.
His telephone is probably bugged by vw headquarters 😁

I must be missing something because I was under the impression MY23 was a name change for the black roof or something like that.
I think officially the only change for ID.3 was the name change for black but others are spotting details on VW EU websites like the potential change from a 10" screen to a 12" screen. However, since VW UK keep the mushrooms covered in sh!t then there's no way to tell what's going on.
Ah that would make sense if there is more than a name change for black to the MY23. I mean surely to eff they wouldn't put cars back to 00 just for a name change...saying that, it's VW, anything is possible with that mob.

@big277wave certainly no crumbs have been offered up to me. The odd phone call with zero information.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20th of August 2021
Dealership- Arnold Clark
I have no order number, unfortunately.
Status 10 (14/02/22)

korky
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:40 pm

Post by korky » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:03 pm

light at the end of the tunnel
ordered about 12 months ago, lease company now asking for my driving licence to check for insurance purposes, a bit late if it wasn't clean though!

ag-indie
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:08 am

Post by ag-indie » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:23 pm

korky wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:03 pm
light at the end of the tunnel
ordered about 12 months ago, lease company now asking for my driving licence to check for insurance purposes, a bit late if it wasn't clean though!
What date & model did you order?
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 41, 2022
Zenith salary sacrifice, Listers Warwickshire.
31516*** order No
Podpoint charger installed January 2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27

Arthur9
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:16 pm

Post by Arthur9 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:39 pm

Had out of the blue call today to say my Family Pro Auto will be delivered this month (ordered first week Dec 21). Previous advice had been build week 33 (w/c 15 Aug). It was apparent dealership was calling other customers with similar news.

Turquoise
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:01 pm

Post by Turquoise » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:57 am

Arthur9 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:39 pm
Had out of the blue call today to say my Family Pro Auto will be delivered this month (ordered first week Dec 21). Previous advice had been build week 33 (w/c 15 Aug). It was apparent dealership was calling other customers with similar news.
Oooh, you're getting my hopes up. After I just filled my ICE car with dino juice. :lol:
Family PP (Turquoise with East Derry alloys)
Ordered Oct 21 (Tusker/Marshall Fleet)
Confirmed build wk33, est. Sept delivery.

Zappi 7kW Black tethered, soon 4.5kWp solar with 7.5kWh battery

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-sun-45

4810510
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:33 pm

Post by 4810510 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:10 am

Just noticed on the VW newsroom that EV deliveries in the first half of 2022 have been static and match 2021. However, BIG increase in deliveries in China, up from 18,300 to 63,500 so you can guess where the components are going.

User avatar
fromthechair
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:11 pm

Post by fromthechair » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:23 pm

Had my usual monthly update, not good news this time now have a new build week of week 3 16th January 2023, was advised this could change ??, the way things are going I could have new upgraded 2023 model,
Family Pro Performance,
Ordered: 19/12/21
order No 31592***
production week: update from dealer 03/08/22 new build date week 03, 16th January 2023 dates are subject to change (original build date week 25 2022)

Grumps
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:09 pm

Post by Grumps » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:27 pm

Had my monthly update from dealer. Still holding at week 34.
Queried as to whether it had moved to code 20.
He replied no, but not worried as he has had cars go from 10 to built and nothing in-between.
ID.3 Tour pro S 77 kwh Scale Silver

Ordered 15 Aug 2021

Andy1966
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by Andy1966 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:46 pm

Hopefully waiting for our ID3 family Pro performance. Seems it will are this year ….
I’ve been on holiday in Amsterdam this week.
The government have an EV grant for €3,500.
Seems that teslas are the most popular , but I’ve seen a lot of ID3’s driving around. A mixture of Dutch and German number plates.
I’ve noticed the difference in air quality with most people either driving an EV or Hybrid. Most people cycle or use teams as well but it shows how backwards our country is .

sidehaas
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:04 am

Post by sidehaas » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:36 pm

Andy1966 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:46 pm
Hopefully waiting for our ID3 family Pro performance. Seems it will are this year ….
I’ve been on holiday in Amsterdam this week.
The government have an EV grant for €3,500.
Seems that teslas are the most popular , but I’ve seen a lot of ID3’s driving around. A mixture of Dutch and German number plates.
I’ve noticed the difference in air quality with most people either driving an EV or Hybrid. Most people cycle or use teams as well but it shows how backwards our country is .
In 2022 year to date, from a quick Google, the % of cars sold that are full BEV is almost identical in the UK as the Netherlands (16-17%).
Anecdotally when I visited France earlier this year, I saw far fewer EVs than I see at home. There are loads around here now.
Amsterdam does indeed have a great cycling tradition which no doubt makes a huge difference.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Software 2.4. Ohme Home Pro charger.

Jaylow
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:12 am

Post by Jaylow » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:08 am

Got an update from dealer yesterday. Was told that I have an unconfirmed build date of week 3 next year. I ordered my standard family pro performance from Western vw Edinburgh on the 23rd of October so probably be 16 months wait by the time it arrives. He also said that cars are just turning up out of the blue with no build dates the latest one to turn up this week was ordered in September last year. So I'm just going to put the car to the back of my mind (which is hard when I go to fill up my 2 litre tsi leon) and hope it turns up out of the blue.

ag-indie
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:08 am

Post by ag-indie » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:03 am

Jaylow wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:08 am
Got an update from dealer yesterday. Was told that I have an unconfirmed build date of week 3 next year. I ordered my standard family pro performance from Western vw Edinburgh on the 23rd of October so probably be 16 months wait by the time it arrives. He also said that cars are just turning up out of the blue with no build dates the latest one to turn up this week was ordered in September last year. So I'm just going to put the car to the back of my mind (which is hard when I go to fill up my 2 litre tsi leon) and hope it turns up out of the blue.
That’s ridiculous a 16 month wait omg !
What was said about the grant?
VW told
Me
They won’t honour it, if it goes over 12 months.
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 41, 2022
Zenith salary sacrifice, Listers Warwickshire.
31516*** order No
Podpoint charger installed January 2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27

Post Reply