Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Butternut

Post by Butternut »

ag-indie wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:45 am
Butternut wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:43 am Just had an update on our august 2021 order. The new revised build week is feb 2023. I honestly think our dealer is trying to purposely get us to cancel this order. I can’t believe how incompetent Volkswagen is
This is ridiculous now! What mode did order?
We ordered a family in the light blue colour and east Derry alloys.

MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

12 months today since order placed.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

Update,
I emailed the dealer this morning.
I now have a build week, week 41, 2022 October
This is the first time I’ve ever had a build week.

This could all change as we all know !

Great news - there actually is.
The car has slotted in for production week
commencing 10th October as things stand. However,
as we know this can change! Going by normal
production timescales, we would expect to see the car
towards mid-late October. But, production is still
sluggish to say the least, so it's hard to gauge exactly
when we'll see it arrive
With regards to the government grant, it is true in what
your other source says in that the grants are only
honoured for 12 months as stipulated by the OZEV
office. However, there is currently a lobbying of motor
manufacturers in direct communication with the Ozev
Office to see if this can be extended to 18 months due
to extended lead times across the industry. However,
no clarification has been provided yet. If I hear or see
anything, I will of course let you know - but at this
stage we're in the dark too.
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

ag-indie wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:43 pm Update,
I emailed the dealer this morning.
I now have a build week, week 41, 2022 October
This is the first time I’ve ever had a build week.

This could all change as we all know !

Great news - there actually is.
The car has slotted in for production week
commencing 10th October as things stand. However,
as we know this can change! Going by normal
production timescales, we would expect to see the car
towards mid-late October. But, production is still
sluggish to say the least, so it's hard to gauge exactly
when we'll see it arrive
With regards to the government grant, it is true in what
your other source says in that the grants are only
honoured for 12 months as stipulated by the OZEV
office. However, there is currently a lobbying of motor
manufacturers in direct communication with the Ozev
Office to see if this can be extended to 18 months due
to extended lead times across the industry. However,
no clarification has been provided yet. If I hear or see
anything, I will of course let you know - but at this
stage we're in the dark too.
thats great news, ive just chased mine for a confirmed build date as 8th Nov anticipated delivery hasn't moved for months but trying to check it isnt a placeholder
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
korky

Post by korky »

dealer just called up, car ready, getting delivered next thursday ;-)
Deleted User 1678

Post by Deleted User 1678 »

My dealer just contacted me…

Now there is no build date for my ID.3, but they will let me know when this changes. ☹️
CG38

Post by CG38 »

I just called my dealer today, as I was getting worried seeing other November orders going into January 23 for a build date.

Told today, status 10 and showing as week 40 ( was previously week 41) and the usual "not likely to be fully confirmed until 4 weeks before."

Feeling a bit more hopeful now, but it's weird in that I ordered about a week after AG-Indie and my build week is the week before theirs, but also I ordered a family pro same as MattgID3 3 months after him, but mine is being built a month before his.
Family Pro - East Derry Wheels.
Collected 16/01/23
Member-1677

Post by Member-1677 »

CG38 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:37 pm I just called my dealer today, as I was getting worried seeing other November orders going into January 23 for a build date.

Told today, status 10 and showing as week 40 ( was previously week 41) and the usual "not likely to be fully confirmed until 4 weeks before."

Feeling a bit more hopeful now, but it's weird in that I ordered about a week after AG-Indie and my build week is the week before theirs, but also I ordered a family pro same as MattgID3 3 months after him, but mine is being built a month before his.
Just called mine as well. Found out my order is unconfirmed wk 40. He also said that this was likely to be nonsense and was still seeing a 3-4 month delay on orders, with my date being pushed back closer we actually get to week 40.
Life Pro - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered - 04.11.21
Order No - 3153****
Status - was 10, now 00
Build week was 45, then 47 now unknown!!!
Est delivery was Jan 2023: now......
GeoffP

Post by GeoffP »

CG38 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:37 pm I just called my dealer today, as I was getting worried seeing other November orders going into January 23 for a build date.

Well my order was 2 weeks after AG-Indie for the same model and sat for a long time at status 10 and week 38. On Friday it moved out to January 2023. I had a serious conversation today with the dealer whether that was realistic and she basically said January was not at all likely the way things were going and that it would be more like mid 2023 (and no guarantees on that!). The only good news she had for me was that my price on the contract was protected (but not the grant).
After fuming for a bit I have decided to simply stick with it. I don't have to change my Golf and I don't want to join the back of another long queue. And even without the grant, the agreed price is better than I would get by cancelling and going elsewhere.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey
Breeze Poole Order date 11/11/21
VW Order number 3154XXXX provided 04/01/22
Worse predicted build Wk14 2023
Came in to a confirmed build Wk3
Collected Monday 27th Feb 2023
Chris_Shep

Post by Chris_Shep »

Update from my dealer

I'm pleased to see more people getting updates and just now my dealer has shocked me by giving me a status 20 confirmed build date of week 34. As you can see from my signature the status 10 dates have been all over the place and only 4 weeks ago it moved to week 47. Obviously I hope this pans out to be true I can actually nervously allow myself to get a tiny bit excited. :)
Ordered (07/10/2021) : ID.3 Life Pro 58kWh Moonstone Grey, Order # 31497xxx
Unconfirmed Build Weeks: 22 --> 36 --> 37 --> 38 --> 37--> 47.
Car actually built in week 34. Build to collection: 6 weeks
Collected Car 5th Oct 2022 :D
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

Its now been a month of Sundays since i ordered my ID3, other than a generic letter from VW, a generic email a couple of months later and one email from the dealer in April saying there were no updates thats it. No updates, no build date, nothing. I honestly thought more of VW than this.
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Dinsdale wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:17 pm Its now been a month of Sundays since i ordered my ID3, other than a generic letter from VW, a generic email a couple of months later and one email from the dealer in April saying there were no updates thats it. No updates, no build date, nothing. I honestly thought more of VW than this.
Going by your order date and the fact the car is a Tour, I'd be very surprised if you get any welcoming news this year, unfortunately.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
CG38

Post by CG38 »

Member-1677 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:51 pm

Just called mine as well. Found out my order is unconfirmed wk 40. He also said that this was likely to be nonsense and was still seeing a 3-4 month delay on orders, with my date being pushed back closer we actually get to week 40.
The build weeks I’ve had (unconfirmed) have all been around the same. First was week 42, then about 2 months ago it was 41, then today 40. I’m remaining optimistic.
Family Pro - East Derry Wheels.
Collected 16/01/23
Andy1966

Post by Andy1966 »

Just had a chat with my sons friends parent and their ID3 turned up a week ago. They were told it wouldn’t be arriving until December.
So I’m not sure anyone really knows when they will be built !!!
Ordered 31st Oct 2021 - Family Pro Performance
Original delivery date 31/04/2022 now 12/01/2023
Updated build date Wk 50
Finally collected 21/01/23
Order number 31064***
dega

Post by dega »

Back to status 10,
build week jumped from 41 to 48!!!
Not to make it look bad, they made up a "previous" build week 47.

Nothing new or more ridiculous than usual.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance
Glacier White, Sport Pack, 18inch East Derry, Heat pump, Bike Rack Prep

Ordered 5 Oct '21, Order #31505XXX
Collected 25/11/22

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Moog

Post by Moog »

Mine has now been updated to estimated wk2 build. Ordered 15 Nov’20, so that’ll be 60 weeks from order. Dealer did say they have suddenly seen loads allocated build weeks in Jan.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (204ps/58kWh) in Makena Turquoise, 19” Andoya, Sport pack, Infotainment+, heat-pump, bi-colour silver, Bike Hitch.
Ordered 15 Nov 21 (wk46/21)
Finally built wk9/23 & collected wk16!
17 months + 2days!
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Does/will the ID3 factory close over Christmas and New Year does anyone know?
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
soupdragon

Post by soupdragon »

I'm just wondering about the other cars coming out of the factory. Eg, the Cupra Born. Considering most of us ordered before the Cupra was even available, surely that would mean Cupras wouldn't be built until 2023. But in reality, what has maybe happened is that there is a cut off point where they are going to knock out a load of Cupra Born, meaning a lot of us are pushed back into 2023 as a result, despite getting our orders in before them?
Family Pro Performance Moonstone Grey East Derry Alloys :D
Order No 3150xxxx :)
Ordered around middle of October 2021 :?
Build date still unknown - due wk38 then email from dealer to say it will be delayed further than this :oops:
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

soupdragon wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:26 am I'm just wondering about the other cars coming out of the factory. Eg, the Cupra Born. Considering most of us ordered before the Cupra was even available, surely that would mean Cupras wouldn't be built until 2023. But in reality, what has maybe happened is that there is a cut off point where they are going to knock out a load of Cupra Born, meaning a lot of us are pushed back into 2023 as a result, despite getting our orders in before them?
That's already happened.- there were a load of launch stock Borns that came out over the last 2 months that were presumably built in April/May. Now they're gone, it seems that future Born orders will go into the Zwickau build queue rather than leapfrogging it.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
fromthechair

Post by fromthechair »

DumfriesDik wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:13 am Does/will the ID3 factory close over Christmas and New Year does anyone know?
Was at dealer today getting my current car serviced, was speaking to dealership manager after going through ID3 Forum noticed your post, asked him about holidays and shutdowns at Zwickau and he says that currently they have no idea what is going on at VW all their orders for ID3’s are showing build status 0, but this usually happens during upgrades or holiday periods as the current holiday which started 23rd July and ends 14th August (does not include distribution at Emden) Further holidays in October November then Christmas 23rd December until 2nd January 2023 will affect build dates, He also said that he believes the Cupra born was given a build priority as VAG group wanted Cupra to have more of the EV market share,

Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 13.09.43.png

Family Pro Performance,
Ordered: 19/12/21
order No 31592***
production week: update from dealer 12/12/22 new build date week 8, 20th February 2023 expected delivery first week April 2023 dates are subject to change