Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Eddcunningham

Post by Eddcunningham »

Finally some good news!

Dealer just phoned to let me know that my car has now been completely built and will be leaving the factory imminently! I assume they must be getting updates fairly regularly, as it was still awaiting chips on Monday (22/11).
They’re aiming for a pre-Christmas delivery, but as I’ve learned during this whole ordeal, anything can happen!
58kW Life Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey, East Derry wheels
Ordered: June 21st (wk25)
Order no: 31285xxx
Confirmed build week: wk36
Released from factory: wk47
Arrived in UK: wk48
Delivery: wk50

m3nt0r3

Post by m3nt0r3 »

Eddcunningham wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:15 pm Finally some good news!

Dealer just phoned to let me know that my car has now been completely built and will be leaving the factory imminently! I assume they must be getting updates fairly regularly, as it was still awaiting chips on Monday (22/11).
They’re aiming for a pre-Christmas delivery, but as I’ve learned during this whole ordeal, anything can happen!
great news, wating for my dealer call then. i am 36 Wk too.
ID.3 pure performance 45 KW
Ordered 07/07/2021
Production 36wk
Completed 47wk (22/11/2022)
Waiting...
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

Hi Utumno,

Thank for you the spreadsheet, please find below my order details:

Order : 24/09/21
PCP Approved & Order No. 31477xxx 28/09/21
Awaiting build info (last check 18/11/21)
20 weeks delivery from dealer on order, likely to be longer!
ID3 Family Pro, Manganese Grey, East Derry’s wheel & Heatpump

Many thanks
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

Looking at the positive news from the member, look like VW is currently producing order placed in June / early July. So, my late September order should be starting in Q1 next year!

Just a guess!
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
11.07.22 Delivered
ItshardtobuyId3

Post by ItshardtobuyId3 »

I seem to have gotten lucky or unlucky depending how you look at it.

Asked my dealer what I’d actually end up with since I was expecting to end up with a MY22.5 as you can’t have the assistance pack with that and it turns out my car is code 20 week 49. So unless the move it looks like I’m getting it early!
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Cupra Born V1 with Typhoon Alloys - Aurora Blue - Tech pack L
Splash-Man

Post by Splash-Man »

ItshardtobuyId3 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:03 pm I seem to have gotten lucky or unlucky depending how you look at it.

Asked my dealer what I’d actually end up with since I was expecting to end up with a MY22.5 as you can’t have the assistance pack with that and it turns out my car is code 20 week 49. So unless the move it looks like I’m getting it early!
That's a really quick turnaround on a late October order. I would have expected that to be in build for another couple of months.
Guess you managed to pick up on a cancellation or a pre-ordered slot. Did you have an order number ?
2023 Facelift 77kWh Pro S Costa Azule
18/9/23 Order placed
15/12/23 Collection day count down !
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Spreddy amended with new details; thanks all for contributing 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Eddcunningham wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:15 pm Finally some good news!

Excellent news Edd, am very pleased you've finally got your Life unblocked (after ~11 weeks in build !!!). Hope you enjoy the vehicle when it arrives 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

Utumno wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:13 pm Spreddy amended with new details; thanks all for contributing 😀
Where is this spreadsheet? Am I being silly.... :roll:
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!
ItshardtobuyId3

Splash-Man wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:13 pm
ItshardtobuyId3 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:03 pm I seem to have gotten lucky or unlucky depending how you look at it.

That's a really quick turnaround on a late October order. I would have expected that to be in build for another couple of months.
Guess you managed to pick up on a cancellation or a pre-ordered slot. Did you have an order number ?
I asked about changing to the family model a couple of weeks ago and he advised against it because they are modifying their own stock orders to customers specifications. He said mine was probably actually ordered about 6 months ago!

I don’t have the order number sorry.
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Splash-Man

Post by Splash-Man »

ItshardtobuyId3 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:30 pm
I asked about changing to the family model a couple of weeks ago and he advised against it because they are modifying their own stock orders to customers specifications. He said mine was probably actually ordered about 6 months ago!
That explains the quick turn around for you then, you have certainly managed to jump the queue a few months !
2023 Facelift 77kWh Pro S Costa Azule
18/9/23 Order placed
15/12/23 Collection day count down !
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Hemming91 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:29 pm
Utumno wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:13 pm Spreddy amended with new details; thanks all for contributing 😀
Where is this spreadsheet? Am I being silly.... :roll:
It is within this page viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1088&start=530
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

I also amended my signature with a tinyurl pointed to the delivery tracker Google Sheet, for ease of access :

https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Indyfras

Post by Indyfras »

TBH, I've been trying to get my head round these order numbers, and just trying to look at the order numbers around by order date.

I tried ranking them by order number ie order numbers running sequentially and noticed how they don't correlate to the calendar dates the order was placed - in some cases by quite a lot.

Is this because:
some may be different because the dealers may have exceeded their monthly quota (assume such things exist?) so that may have to wait until the next month when they have available quota.
the dealer may not have processed the order on the day the deal was made eg someone bought on 1st but dealer didn't process to 3rd so someone on the ss who ordered on the 2nd may have a slightly earlier number

However, I had naively thought that when an order was placed with the factory the dealer was then given the next sequential order number, but does anyone know if is this the case? eg is a dealer given a block of order nos eg 100 to 120 for October and they allocate from those? eg a dealer only sells 15 vehicles in October - which leaves a balance of 5, so if someone then comes in and buys in late November they effectively get an "October" order number?

Yeah, I know, I'm over thinking this :D but it bugs me if I can't understand the logic behind something :oops: .
ID.3 Max
Ordered: 20 October 2021
Ord No: 31509XXX
Delivery: est 25 April 2022 (from order)
Supposedly BW41/2022, BW47/2022, BW50/2022, BW 51/2022, Bw48/2022, BW08/2023
Confirmed BW07/2023
In UK 17 April 2023
Picked up 29 April 2023
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

I’m of the opinion that order numbers are sequential but that doesn’t mean the customer order date will line up against them, because not everything is necessarily a customer order.

Dealers and leasing companies block-order in advance and customers cancel cars; “new” customers can be allocated one of these earlier order numbers in those cases.

This is why the current spreddy defaults to sorting by order number as it’s my belief that the order number is the “least-bad” indicator of the “age” of the actual order.

Indeed you can see that the “earliest” order numbers are indeed the ones showing some completion of vehicles, overall, which I take to be a small confirmation of this approach. There’s a correlation with earlier orders, but by no means is it a “smoking gun”

All the tracker is meant to do is give some sense of how long stuff is taking to build overall, and a guesstimate of how near your own vehicle build completion might be, when compared with data from other forum users. It really isn’t a crystal ball, and I am definitely a cut-price Zoltar 😂

The only thing I’m certain of is that we don’t have enough data to second guess exactly how VW issues order numbers nor what order they build stuff in 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Indyfras

Post by Indyfras »

I've found the spreadsheet really helpful. I just can't help wanting to dice data in different ways. Sadly, it's a me thing and drives everyone else mad. :D
ID.3 Max
Ordered: 20 October 2021
Ord No: 31509XXX
Delivery: est 25 April 2022 (from order)
Supposedly BW41/2022, BW47/2022, BW50/2022, BW 51/2022, Bw48/2022, BW08/2023
Confirmed BW07/2023
In UK 17 April 2023
Picked up 29 April 2023
ItshardtobuyId3

Utumno wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:26 pm I’m of the opinion that order numbers are sequential but that doesn’t mean the customer order date will line up against them, because not everything is necessarily a customer order.

Dealers and leasing companies block-order in advance and customers cancel cars; “new” customers can be allocated one of these earlier order numbers in those cases.

This is why the current spreddy defaults to sorting by order number as it’s my belief that the order number is the “least-bad” indicator of the “age” of the actual order.

Indeed you can see that the “earliest” order numbers are indeed the ones showing some completion of vehicles, overall, which I take to be a small confirmation of this approach. There’s a correlation with earlier orders, but by no means is it a “smoking gun”

All the tracker is meant to do is give some sense of how long stuff is taking to build overall, and a guesstimate of how near your own vehicle build completion might be, when compared with data from other forum users. It really isn’t a crystal ball, and I am definitely a cut-price Zoltar 😂

The only thing I’m certain of is that we don’t have enough data to second guess exactly how VW issues order numbers nor what order they build stuff in 😀
I’ve not been around this forum long enough to say this with any certainty but it seems to me the higher the spec the longer the wait. There are a couple of people here that ordered from the same dealer as me a few weeks later that have been told to expect delivery 4 months later than me.

It could be that the dealership doesn’t bother ordering high spec for stock but given the shortage of chips it would make sense the more tech in the car the longer the wait.
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Utumno wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:20 pm I also amended my signature with a tinyurl pointed to the delivery tracker Google Sheet, for ease of access :

https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker

Just to fill in some gaps, this is my previous post on my timeline
sausageroll wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:18 pm Mine is below 31400500, which was also BW40, and I've not heard much.

My timeline is approx:

17 July: Ordered
29 July: Rec'd order number
30 July: "Order confirmed" email
11 Sept: "In production" email
17 Sept: Confirmed BW via Live chat for 4th October (BW40)
21 Sept: "Still in production...May be delayed" email
22 Sept: "Still in production...May be delayed" email
15 Oct: "Still in production...May be delayed" email
16 Oct: "Still in production...May be delayed" email

---

17 Dec: Original Estimate

I recently was told that it's still in build, but of course all that means is that they haven't confirmed it as built yet.
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

So, the higher the spec. more chips are required, so it will take longer to built.

I also think VW is grouping the build as a few Family model are being built and coming through, may be the next batch is the Life or Max version? Just a thought….

Also, I have noticed that a couple of dealers (Lister VW & Vertu VW) have new stock car on their website, I guess this is due to customer cancellation but would not want to offer to awaiting customer and can sell it for higher price!
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
11.07.22 Delivered
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Alongwait wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:03 pm So, the higher the spec. more chips are required, so it will take longer to built.
Not sure if it's as simple as that. I went for the lowest spec as I thought it'd be quicker, but it hasn't been
Alongwait wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:03 pm Also, I have noticed that a couple of dealers (Lister VW & Vertu VW) have new stock car on their website, I guess this is due to customer cancellation but would not want to offer to awaiting customer and can sell it for higher price!
It would be interesting to know if dealers were offering cash incentives to take over orders :D they could make a fair bit.

Makes me wonder why anyone on PCP would cancel, as you could probably commit to one and sell it pretty sharpish and make some ££