Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

metcast wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:38 am
degur wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:27 pm Hi everyone, I’ve been lurking for a while having placed my order back on the 3rd of July for a Life Pro with assistance pack. I received my order number by the 6th of July. Still awaiting a build date confirmation here. Order number starts 3135.
Did you check with VW live chat/dealership? They said build date should be confirmed within 2-3 weeks of factory order being accepted
Build week isn't confirmed until about 4 weeks before it is actually built. It is at that point that modification to the order cannot be made and VW has secured/allocated all parts required to your order.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:18 am
metcast wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:38 am
degur wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:27 pm Hi everyone, I’ve been lurking for a while having placed my order back on the 3rd of July for a Life Pro with assistance pack. I received my order number by the 6th of July. Still awaiting a build date confirmation here. Order number starts 3135.
Did you check with VW live chat/dealership? They said build date should be confirmed within 2-3 weeks of factory order being accepted
Build week isn't confirmed until about 4 weeks before it is actually built. It is at that point that modification to the order cannot be made and VW has secured/allocated all parts required to your order.
You're right. Sorry, what I mean to say was an estimated build date should be given within 2-3 weeks after factory accepts order. It's then only confirmed 4 weeks before.
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
joshgiova

Post by joshgiova »

Hi everyone, been reading this board since ordering on 2nd July, just thought I would update with my order progress as well.

ID3 Tour Pro S - Ordered 2nd July
BW 34 w/c 23rd August

Latest update from VW UK live chat as of today is car is at Emden awaiting ship. Looking at about 12 weeks from order to delivery, so seems like good going compared to most.
Order Placed (3124xxxx) - 2nd July 21
Build Week - 34 w/c 23rd August 21
Arrived at Emden - 20th September 21
Released to shipping - 4th October 21
Shipped to UK - 6th October 21
Arrived in the UK - 8th October 21
At Dealer - 18th October 21
degur

Post by degur »

joshgiova wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:45 pm Hi everyone, been reading this board since ordering on 2nd July, just thought I would update with my order progress as well.

BW 34 w/c 23rd August

Latest update from VW UK live chat as of today is car is at Emden awaiting ship. Looking at about 12 weeks from order to delivery, so seems like good going compared to most.
You lucky so and so :)
Life Pro W/ Assistance Pack in Moonstone Grey
Ordered 2nd July 2021
Build week: ????
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Currently there is one ship in Emden with no destination as yet but usually does the Grimsby trip and sometimes goes on to Tyne afterwards.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

joshgiova wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:45 pm Hi everyone, been reading this board since ordering on 2nd July, just thought I would update with my order progress as well.

BW 34 w/c 23rd August

Nice. Do you know if this was a full on factory order (mine was) or whether your dealer already had one on back order that was allocated to you ? Our order went in a couple weeks after yours, and it’s going to be at least week 40 before it goes into assembly, if not later.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
van

Post by van »

Indeed, lucky so and so. News reports from the last few days say that semi-conductor shortages were exacerbated by Covid causing factories in Malaysia to close down, and although other areas, like Taiwan, are trying to ramp production there will be shortages for some time to come. VW think things may improve in the next quarter (Oct-Dec?) and "hope" to get back to normal "some time" in 2022. We ordered 8th Aug and expecting a call from the dealer soon with an update, but I suspect they won't want to proactively ring with bad news! Still, they said Jan 22, hopefully Dec 21 when we ordered so there's still some time to go yet.
Family Pro Moonstone Grey
East Derry alloys, Heat pump.
Ordered 5 Aug 21.
Build started 18 Nov 21.
Left Factory 3 Feb 22.
Arrived with dealer 27 Feb 22.
Collected from dealer 9 Mar 22.
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Newfie wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:19 pm Currently there is one ship in Emden with no destination as yet but usually does the Grimsby trip and sometimes goes on to Tyne afterwards.
How are you checking this?

How long does it normally en-route to UK?

??? - Stage 5 In Transit
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

metcast wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:58 pm
Newfie wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:19 pm Currently there is one ship in Emden with no destination as yet but usually does the Grimsby trip and sometimes goes on to Tyne afterwards.

The Marine Traffic website. This should show Emden port and The City of Rotterdam is the ship that frequently ships to Grimsby and Tyne, https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/ho ... 39/zoom:15
The running of ships has slowed down a lot over the last few weeks. Many of the ships that make the journey from Emden to the UK are eithered moored up at the last port and at anchor. I have never seen it so quiet.
The Ems Highway is due to dock at Grimsby at 20.30 tonight.
The time to cross is around 24 hours but sometimes depending on tide it takes a little longer to dock.
When my Tiguan was shipped over 3 years ago it sat in the Humber Estuary for 2 days as it was too windy to dock.
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Newfie wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:06 pm
metcast wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:58 pm

The Marine Traffic website. This should show Emden port and The City of Rotterdam is the ship that frequently ships to Grimsby and Tyne, https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/ho ... 39/zoom:15
The running of ships has slowed down a lot over the last few weeks. Many of the ships that make the journey from Emden to the UK are eithered moored up at the last port and at anchor. I have never seen it so quiet.
The Ems Highway is due to dock at Grimsby at 20.30 tonight.
The time to cross is around 24 hours but sometimes depending on tide it takes a little longer to dock.
When my Tiguan was shipped over 3 years ago it sat in the Humber Estuary for 2 days as it was too windy to dock.
But how do you know the names of the ships that VW uses?

I tracked my Ioniq a while back and there was a website which showed shipping schedules for the shipping company Hyundai used. It took nearly 2 months to get to the UK!

??? - Stage 5 In Transit
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

metcast wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:56 pm

I tracked my Ioniq a while back and there was a website which showed shipping schedules for the shipping company Hyundai used. It took nearly 2 months to get to the UK!
Over time you get to know them. They use "Highway" such as Ems, Weser, Isar, Neckar Highway mainly for Grimsby. The larger "Highway" ships like Thames and Malacca Highway are used to go into Sheerness and the City of Oslo, Rotterdam and St Petersburg run to Grimsby and Tyne.
There are the odd few other ships used also.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Newfie wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:15 pm
metcast wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:56 pm

Over time you get to know them. They use "Highway" such as Ems, Weser, Isar, Neckar Highway mainly for Grimsby. The larger "Highway" ships like Thames and Malacca Highway are used to go into Sheerness and the City of Oslo, Rotterdam and St Petersburg run to Grimsby and Tyne.
There are the odd few other ships used also.
Don't.forget City of Rome and City of Paris for Tyne. They're very regular - Leave Emden with VAG cars, head to Tyne (often directly), drop them off, pick up Sunderland built Nissans, take them up to Helsinki, Back to Tyne, pick up more Nissans, take them to Amsterdam/Ijmuiden, back to Emden for more VAGs.

Turnaround at Tyne Dock is very quick to get cars Customs released and to the local Lookers/Pulman dealerships.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

I see the City of Rotterdam has actually just left Emden for Grimsby.
joshgiova

Post by joshgiova »

Utumno wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:33 pm

BW 34 w/c 23rd August

Nice. Do you know if this was a full on factory order (mine was) or whether your dealer already had one on back order that was allocated to you ? Our order went in a couple weeks after yours, and it’s going to be at least week 40 before it goes into assembly, if not later.

It was a factory order, got the order number about a week after ordering. Seems likely it was an unallocated car dealer already had on order given the speed with which it seems to be coming through compared to others who ordered at the same time.
Order Placed (3124xxxx) - 2nd July 21
Build Week - 34 w/c 23rd August 21
Arrived at Emden - 20th September 21
Released to shipping - 4th October 21
Shipped to UK - 6th October 21
Arrived in the UK - 8th October 21
At Dealer - 18th October 21
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

Update from dealer yesterday revising build week from 45 to 42. He says he is now confident delivery will be before Christmas.
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
Zobware

Post by Zobware »

Hi all

Placed an order for Tour Pro S in Moonstone on 9th September and currently being told will be early March 2022 for delivery, no confirmed dates just what dealership is advising. Question, are others being told minimum of 6 months and if so is this accurate or are they coming earlier/later?

Many thanks Zobware
degur

Post by degur »

Spoke to the live chat yesterday and still no build week confirmation. Little bit concerned because my dealer had said build week 40 was the preliminary date, but obviously it would be confirmed now for week 40..
Ordered 2nd July 2021
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

degur wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:27 am Spoke to the live chat yesterday and still no build week confirmation. Little bit concerned because my dealer had said build week 40 was the preliminary date, but obviously it would be confirmed now for week 40..
Same convo with dealer he advised factory confirmation is 4 weeks ahead of actual build, usually updated on a Monday. This week is week 35. So confirmation should be on Monday for a wk40.... fingers crossed!
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
degur

Post by degur »

Up the jumper wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:14 am
Same convo with dealer he advised factory confirmation is 4 weeks ahead of actual build, usually updated on a Monday. This week is week 35. So confirmation should be on Monday for a wk40.... fingers crossed!
Current calendar week is 36 and people who had confirmation last Friday were for build week 39. Unless the factory doesn’t count the first calendar week?

Fingers crossed indeed! Getting a little impatient now, want rid of my current car ASAP. :D
Ordered 2nd July 2021
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

degur wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:20 am
Up the jumper wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:14 am
Current calendar week is 36 and people who had confirmation last Friday were for build week 39. Unless the factory doesn’t count the first calendar week?

Fingers crossed indeed! Getting a little impatient now, want rid of my current car ASAP. :D
Do you have an estimated build week? How long after did people get their estimated build weeks?

Order confirmed week 34 and given an estimated delivery date of week 4 2022.
Currently waiting for preliminary build date.

??? - Stage 5 In Transit