Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Stiggy

Post by Stiggy »

Looks like anything ordered in 2022 is likely to be 1year + from order to delivery !! 🤬🤬 I know the industry is in the same boat however not many are on the 1year + timescale !! VAG group all the same tho, pal of
Mine is waiting delivery of a Q4 ordered in June and currently looking at March/April !
Order date: 20th January 2022
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White, East Derry Alloys, Heat Pump, Infotainment Pack, Sport Plus Pack, Bicycle Prep
Order number: 3203****
Estimated delivery: Late November 2022

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

andrewparker wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:45 am
Uphamid3 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:41 am I've just this morning heard from the dealer that my build date is provisionally week 36 (7-13 September). Unfortunately, allowing for say a further six to ten weeks from then before I can take delivery of the car, this would be October/November, and it really doesn't work very well for me at all. I am going to have to seriously consider cancellation this time, and with a view to taking a look at the new id3 in a few years time.

VW id3 order 31491584 - Life Pro-Performance, white/East Derry alloys.
Grr, no doubt mine will have done the same Mike. Not happy.

Without wishing to load more gloom and doom, I wouldn't be surprised if you had to add another 4 weeks on top. There's plenty of evidence showing Tour and Max suffering delays considerably higher than Family builds, and if Family builds are moving out that far now for similar orders, adding at least another month as "Max Tax" seems only prudent.

We here are having to think very carefully about whether we can continue past March/April with our Tour order, purely because of the mobility difficulties this will bring us (PCP's ending, etc). I still feel we ordered the Tour in good time, and gave ourselves 3-4 months extra for VW to deliver the car than even the worst possible timescales suggested ... but yet here we are.

I'm not now expecting our Tour to arrive until March at the earliest, and planning accordingly. Of course this probably just means I'm going to get a call from Marshalls tomorrow saying I can pick the damned thing up on Friday ... but I'm not holding my breath!
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

I had some good news on my order this morning. My car is now showing as build and on its way to the UK. Dealer is expecting delivery within 4-5 weeks so around end of Feb. Hopefully this is a good sign that things are moving on the production line and a lot of you get the same news soon
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Utumno wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:24 am
Without wishing to load more gloom and doom, I wouldn't be surprised if you had to add another 4 weeks on top. There's plenty of evidence showing Tour and Max suffering delays considerably higher than Family builds, and if Family builds are moving out that far now for similar orders, adding at least another month as "Max Tax" seems only prudent.
Just seems very odd that Uphamid3 and myself ordered within days of each other, from the same dealer, yet my car has a build week 4 months earlier. Only difference is mine is a Max and his is a Life, both 58kWh battery.

My wife's X3 lease is up at the end of July, we can extend, but it will necessitate a service, MOT and likely a couple of new tyres, so £600 - £700 wasted.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

Hi Andrew, yep it's all looking very random. You're week 18, I'm 36, and yet poor old Mike225 - who has ordered a virtually identical spec to mine, two days earlier than me through DTL, has been quoted week 45!
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Uphamid3 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:02 am Hi Andrew, yep it's all looking very random. You're week 18, I'm 36, and yet poor old Mike225 - who has ordered a virtually identical spec to mine, two days earlier than me through DTL, has been quoted week 45!
Bizarre! I suppose every update comes with the caveat that "things could change", so in my mind it's probably wise to expect that that will happen, for better or worse.
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Chris_Shep

Post by Chris_Shep »

andrewparker wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:39 am
Uphamid3 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:02 am Hi Andrew, yep it's all looking very random. You're week 18, I'm 36, and yet poor old Mike225 - who has ordered a virtually identical spec to mine, two days earlier than me through DTL, has been quoted week 45!
Bizarre! I suppose every update comes with the caveat that "things could change", so in my mind it's probably wise to expect that that will happen, for better or worse.
Thanks to Utumno's fantastic spreadsheet we can see that we are being fobbed off with ridiculously unlikely dates. I'm right next to you Uphamid3 also with a Life trim model and just been told last week that I'm in week 22. There is no way its going to stay like that . Like Andrew, I'm assuming the worst and hoping my 15yr old 120000+ Polo will stagger into next Winter/maybe year while I wait.
Ordered (07/10/2021) : ID.3 Life Pro 58kWh Moonstone Grey, Order # 31497xxx
Unconfirmed Build Weeks: 22 --> 36 --> 37 --> 38 --> 37--> 47.
Car actually built in week 34. Build to collection: 6 weeks
Collected Car 5th Oct 2022 :D
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

Just had an update from the dealer.....now at status 30. Been here before mind, so shall just wait and see......
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Chris_Shep wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:18 pm
andrewparker wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:39 am
Thanks to Utumno's fantastic spreadsheet we can see that we are being fobbed off with ridiculously unlikely dates. I'm right next to you Uphamid3 also with a Life trim model and just been told last week that I'm in week 22. There is no way its going to stay like that . Like Andrew, I'm assuming the worst and hoping my 15yr old 120000+ Polo will stagger into next Winter/maybe year while I wait.
The spreadsheet is great, but, I don't think you should assume you are being fobbed off, necessarily, just because other orders are predicted to be built later than yours. What the spreadsheet shows more than anything is that there is a lot of inequity in how long orders are taking. Sure,if you absolutely must have the car by a certain date then you should take a conservative view of it all. But otherwise, if your dealer gives you a build date and/or delivery estimate that is a few months ahead of others with similar order numbers, then I would be more inclined to think yourself lucky, than to simply disbelieve it. Remember there are already a lot of late July and early August cars that have been delivered now. There was a guy on another thread a few days ago with a September 3145**** order that he had been told was built. So it can't be long until more of those start to find their way through. Equally you could be unlucky and be left waiting a year. It's a shit situation but it's not taking a year (or even 6 months) for everyone.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
youkaydee

Post by youkaydee »

I have been gently prodding @Volkswagen UK Twitter handle. It is the same old excuse. I wish there is a deluge of messages to them. I don't know whether it is going to change anything but may be worth a try. I am going to write to the VW head office too.
ID.3 107KW Family Pro 58kWh 5dr Auto
Order Date 11/08/2021
MY 22 ! Should be 22.5 but the dealer says 22.
Current Build Week 202235
Status Code 10
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

I think the car manufacturers are telling a little bit of a fib regarding blaming all this on global chip shortage. There is a shortage in chips but the planning by car manufacturers is the bigger cause of the hold ups and the chip shortage is preventing them from catching up quickly. Pre-shortage the chip fabrication plants don't operate at 100% capacity and could accommodate late requests for more chips, but since the chip demand exploded during 2020 combined with the slight hickups in supply at a few points during 2020, all the fabrication plants can do is supply the orders that they've had on the books for a long time with no additional capacity to meet this pent up demand.

I'm presuming what happened was that car manufacturers guessed the demand wouldn't be high in 2020 due to Covid and then cancelled/reduced some of their long term chip orders. If you remember the panic that hit the markets back in March 2020, it isn't surprising really that they would look to reduce their costs but if that is the case, at least be honest that it was your sales projections calculations that were way off and now you're struggling to meet the previous years demand, let alone the new years demand.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

cornbutter wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:58 pm I'm presuming what happened was that car manufacturers guessed the demand wouldn't be high in 2020 due to Covid and then cancelled/reduced some of their long term chip orders.

This is on record as being precisely what's happened, so your presumption is correct. However VW seems more badly affected than some others, so I think there's other factors in play as well. But it is an industry-wide problem for sure and not one likely to resolve to pre-pandemic levels for tens of months.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Chris_Shep

Post by Chris_Shep »

sidehaas wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:40 pm
The spreadsheet is great, but, I don't think you should assume you are being fobbed off, necessarily, just because other orders are predicted to be built later than yours. What the spreadsheet shows more than anything is that there is a lot of inequity in how long orders are taking. Sure,if you absolutely must have the car by a certain date then you should take a conservative view of it all. But otherwise, if your dealer gives you a build date and/or delivery estimate that is a few months ahead of others with similar order numbers, then I would be more inclined to think yourself lucky, than to simply disbelieve it. Remember there are already a lot of late July and early August cars that have been delivered now. There was a guy on another thread a few days ago with a September 3145**** order that he had been told was built. So it can't be long until more of those start to find their way through. Equally you could be unlucky and be left waiting a year. It's a shit situation but it's not taking a year (or even 6 months) for everyone.
Thanks for your encouragement, I need to stop moaning! :oops:
Ordered (07/10/2021) : ID.3 Life Pro 58kWh Moonstone Grey, Order # 31497xxx
Unconfirmed Build Weeks: 22 --> 36 --> 37 --> 38 --> 37--> 47.
Car actually built in week 34. Build to collection: 6 weeks
Collected Car 5th Oct 2022 :D
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

youkaydee wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:42 pm I have been gently prodding @Volkswagen UK Twitter handle. It is the same old excuse. I wish there is a deluge of messages to them. I don't know whether it is going to change anything but may be worth a try. I am going to write to the VW head office too.
I think all you're going to achieve there is to make a poor Social Media Managers life a misery.
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Dbaron

Post by Dbaron »

The problem is they only have the Zwickau plant manufacturing MEB cars in volume (none China). Which maximum output is around 330,000 cars a year. The VW group keep launching new models like the Cupra Born, so that means all the existing model production need to be cut to allow for these extra models. Soon USA id4's should move to USA for production. But they won't build the Id.3 over there. They need to build or convert more Euro factories to MEB, which can take years.

TBH though for everyone on here who has ordered I think we'll be the lucky ones who will have an id3 in the in 2022. The queue is just going to get bigger and bigger.......Tesla will be laughing they have 2 new plants opening very shortly and will have mega output. Tesla will be the only high volume EV OEM because no one else has built the capacity. That might change in 2025 or beyond...
ricko

Post by ricko »

Not sure if this has been posted before : VW congratulating themselves !
https://www.volkswagenag.com/en/news/20 ... 2021.html#

Particularly I noticed 263,000 EV's delivered in 2021 vs order backlog of 95,000
So all else being equal that's a 19 week backlog

Hmm ....

Rick
Life Pro Performance Kings Red + heatpump
Ordered 11/10/2021 @ Inchcape
Build week 38/22
Collected 20/07/22

Intelligent Octopus referral link (£50 credit) : https://share.octopus.energy/frost-snake-180
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

Utumno wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:02 pm However VW seems more badly affected than some others, so I think there's other factors in play as well.
Although probably true, when you look at most external sources like https://www.carwow.co.uk/new-car-delivery-times, the VW brand isn't too far off the others. Is it just that we know that our lead times are 12 months and therefore presume that all the other brands are correct at 3-6 months? It could be that someone with a BMW in a 10-month wait is looking at the "ID3 7 month lead time" and thinking that they might jump on that because it's a few months quicker?
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

ricko wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:29 pm Particularly I noticed 263,000 EV's delivered in 2021 vs order backlog of 95,000
So all else being equal that's a 19 week backlog

I feel like I'm a combination of Mulder and Scully right now, I want to believe but I'm too damn skeptical.
Ordered October 2021

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

mediaguy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:11 pm
Utumno wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:02 pm However VW seems more badly affected than some others, so I think there's other factors in play as well.
Although probably true, when you look at most external sources like https://www.carwow.co.uk/new-car-delivery-times, the VW brand isn't too far off the others. Is it just that we know that our lead times are 12 months and therefore presume that all the other brands are correct at 3-6 months? It could be that someone with a BMW in a 10-month wait is looking at the "ID3 7 month lead time" and thinking that they might jump on that because it's a few months quicker?

I find Carwow’s lead times to be randomly fabricated 😂

That said a watched pot never boils, and the grass is always greener elsewhere, to mangle a metaphor or two 😂

I had the opportunity to pull together a straw poll while looking at other vehicle options if our Tour doesn’t turn up “in time” and came to the conclusion that everything is at least 3 months away, with Tesla being the sole possible exception (but I don’t trust Elon’s dates!)

Most is 6-9 months, with VW and Mercedes bringing up the rear. There are obviously longer lead times for specific vehicles as well. The Korean brands seem to suffer less than the German brands.

Other than that, I claim insufficient data 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range

cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

Utumno wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:20 pm Tesla being the sole possible exception (but I don’t trust Elon’s dates!)
You said it brother. Musk is such a flim flam man. There is someone with a Tesla from the last year who lives in my estate, if I run into him I'll ask him how long he had to wait.
Ordered October 2021