Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Cherry

Post by Cherry » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:39 am

andrewparker wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:24 pm
I think I’m going to ask for a cost to trailer my car up to me. The dealer is 230 miles away so I think it would be money well spent.
They will have to get a special quote from a third party as they claim the ID.3 is too heavy for them to transport on their vehicles. Expect a £400+ quote.
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro in Stonewashed Blue with East Derry Alloy Wheels (price lower than DTD).
13 Sep 21 PCP approved and VW Order number provided.
24 Sep 21 Temporary build week 43, told to expect a March 22 delivery.

andrewparker

Post by andrewparker » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:04 am

Cherry wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:39 am
andrewparker wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:24 pm
I think I’m going to ask for a cost to trailer my car up to me. The dealer is 230 miles away so I think it would be money well spent.
They will have to get a special quote from a third party as they claim the ID.3 is too heavy for them to transport on their vehicles. Expect a £400+ quote.
Ah, many thanks for the heads up! It's a tough one, the train journey from where I am is 4 hours and 3 changes, then a 4 hour plus drive back including what will be my first experience of public chargers. Not sure I fancy that!
Ordered 9th October 2021 – Max Pro Performance | Manganese Grey | Andoyas | Bike Carrier Prep

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:57 am

You'll have to use public chargers for the first time at some point and it sounds like you'll need the whole day to fetch the car. Might as well plan it ahead and tackle the chargers when you're maybe not in a hurry to be somewhere? Check the route and maybe find a couple of early alternatives so as to avoid any battery state anxiety? Where are you and the dealer located in relation to each other the forum regulars may have some advice as to potential first charger candidates?
Family Pro: East Derry Wheels: Moonstone Grey - Software 2.1
Zappi Charger with Solar Edge 6kW PV array.
Android Connect ID App

andrewparker

Post by andrewparker » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:28 am

G43FAN wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:57 am
You'll have to use public chargers for the first time at some point and it sounds like you'll need the whole day to fetch the car. Might as well plan it ahead and tackle the chargers when you're maybe not in a hurry to be somewhere? Check the route and maybe find a couple of early alternatives so as to avoid any battery state anxiety? Where are you and the dealer located in relation to each other the forum regulars may have some advice as to potential first charger candidates?
I'm in a little place called Upperthong, just south of Holmfirth in West Yorkshire. Dealer is in Gillingham, Kent! It will be round the M25 then straight up the M1, so there will be plenty of opportunities for a charge.
Ordered 9th October 2021 – Max Pro Performance | Manganese Grey | Andoyas | Bike Carrier Prep

Utumno

Post by Utumno » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:46 am

andrewparker wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:28 am
G43FAN wrote:
I'm in a little place called Upperthong, just south of Holmfirth in West Yorkshire. Dealer is in Gillingham, Kent! It will be round the M25 then straight up the M1, so there will be plenty of opportunities for a charge.

Your route seems well served for public charging. If it were me I would definitely be taking the opportunity to bed the vehicle in a bit on the way home, even though it's a long drive. Plan ahead and you'll be golden I reckon.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Tour in Manganese Grey
Ordered 12-Jul-2021 (wk28)
Order no 31384xxx received 26-Jul (wk30)
Confirmed build wk40 received 18-Sep (wk37)
Delivery expectation late Nov 2021!

andrewparker

Post by andrewparker » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:16 pm

Utumno wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:46 am
andrewparker wrote:
G43FAN wrote:
Your route seems well served for public charging. If it were me I would definitely be taking the opportunity to bed the vehicle in a bit on the way home, even though it's a long drive. Plan ahead and you'll be golden I reckon.
Yep, I was just discussing it with my wife and we came to the conclusion that a train down in the morning, then a leisurely drive back with a stop over somewhere would be a nice way of doing it. Anyway, certainly got plenty of time to think about it!

smuj

Post by smuj » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:00 pm

A slight detour but a good place for a break and top up would be the new Gridserve hub at junction 1 M6. 12 x 350kW chargers and facilities for a break. The chargers are contactless so no need for app.

734A6C03-E228-4F6F-B8AB-C8F21ABF1E3A.jpeg

Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
————————————————————————————————————-
On order: Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.

Sprout

Post by Sprout » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:22 pm

andrewparker wrote:
G43FAN wrote:
My dealer is same as yours then! & about 220 miles away for us. Hardest bit is getting there, trying to figure out public transport or a 1 way hire car. Going home will be much more fun :-) . As mentioned, just plan a stop around 50% battery and that will give you plenty of options if you have any issues.

We are even considering hopping across to France for a night or 2.
Family Pro \ Managanese \ East Derry
Order Number received 12th Aug (Week 32)
Estimated Build week 47

sausageroll

Post by sausageroll » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:45 pm

Much of this is why I chose a local dealer for a few hundred more (and the promise of the 'retail experience'), rather than a faraway one for the lowest cost

andrewparker

Post by andrewparker » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:58 pm

sausageroll wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:45 pm
Much of this is why I chose a local dealer for a few hundred more (and the promise of the 'retail experience'), rather than a faraway one for the lowest cost
I struggled to get within £2k of the best quote. I'd travel to John O' Groats for that sort of money!

Anyway, like we've been discussing, it doesn't need to be a hassle, you just create an experience out of it. As for 'retail experience', long gone are the days when that was of any meaning to me, I mostly can't stand setting foot in car dealerships.