Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

I haven't chased the dealers (Listers VW Stratford Upon Avon) since I had my order confirmation with order number on. Within this it does say I should be allocated an estimated build week within 6 weeks (order confirmed 26/10/21). Is this something I should be chasing or just wasting my time?

I'm expecting a May/June 2022 delivery (although dealer did say Feb/March!) if I'm lucky so not in any rush.
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!

Splash-Man

Post by Splash-Man »

Hemming91 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:15 pm I haven't chased the dealers (Listers VW Stratford Upon Avon) since I had my order confirmation with order number on. Within this it does say I should be allocated an estimated build week within 6 weeks (order confirmed 26/10/21). Is this something I should be chasing or just wasting my time?

I'm expecting a May/June 2022 delivery (although dealer did say Feb/March!) if I'm lucky so not in any rush.
My order was placed at the same time as yours for the same model. I spoke with my dealer this week who said that the order hasn't yet been accepted by the factory. I'm not expecting to hear anything factual until the New Year.
2023 Facelift 77kWh Pro S Costa Azule
18/9/23 Order placed
15/12/23 Collection day count down !
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Newfie wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:28 pm
epicwinningmaz wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:10 pm How do you find the ship the car is on? Someone mentioned Emden port. Any idea which port it arrives at in the Uk?
The three UK ports are Sheerness, Grimsby & Tyne. You are correct theEmden is the exit port. There are few marine trackers online you can see which ships go in and out. Currently a ship due in Sheerness at 18.00 today andaship just leaving Emden for Grimsby.
If its on a ship your dealer can give that information.
Any ideas which one it could be?
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

epicwinningmaz wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:47 pm
epicwinningmaz wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:10 pm How do you find the ship the car is on? Someone mentioned Emden port. Any idea which port it arrives at in the Uk?
The three UK ports are Sheerness, Grimsby & Tyne. You are correct theEmden is the exit port. There are few marine trackers online you can see which ships go in and out. Currently a ship due in Sheerness at 18.00 today andaship just leaving Emden for Grimsby.
If you mean which ship is on the way to Sheerness its the Thames Highway.
And the Grimsby ship is the City of St Petersburg.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Newfie wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:50 pm
epicwinningmaz wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:47 pm

If you mean which ship is on the way to Sheerness its the Thames Highway.
And the Grimsby ship is the City of St Petersburg.
I mean which port of the 3 suggested.

Regarding My22.5 changes, my VW dealer said the following -

"As your order has been placed prior to the 1st December you will not benefit from the enhanced technology packs but do have the new interior. There was a price increase on the 1st December hence vehicles being ordered after this date attaracting the pack changes but also at a higher cost."

Hmm I'm not so bothered about the cost as the increased lead times. I'm currently being quoted August and no idea what will happen if we re-order...
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

epicwinningmaz wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:59 pm
Depends on which port is closest for your particular dealer.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

"As your order has been placed prior to the 1st December you will not benefit from the enhanced technology packs but do have the new interior. There was a price increase on the 1st December hence vehicles being ordered after this date attaracting the pack changes but also at a higher cost."

Gonna call this out as dealer BS. It’ll either be an MY22.5 car or an MY22 car, not some mishmash of the two.

Sure you might not get 3.0 factory installed, but even then on your build timescale I’d be astounded if you didn’t.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
s9bl

Post by s9bl »

Utumno wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:03 pm

Gonna call this out as dealer BS. It’ll either be an MY22.5 car or an MY22 car, not some mishmash of the two.

Sure you might not get 3.0 factory installed, but even then on your build timescale I’d be astounded if you didn’t.
Why? This is the exact info that was given to all dealers. All cars after build week 51 get the same interior, orders placed after 1st December get the new tech.
Max, Glacier White, MY23, Software 3.2
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Utumno wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:03 pm

The communication we saw copied from the VW Facebook post did make it clear there would be a difference between cars ordered before and after Dec 1st though? Cars with build week 51 and after but ordered before Dec 1st won't get the Full Monty MY22.5 according to that.
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

This? Looks like I misread this first time round 😀

DF72F092-FB25-411F-AE0A-FF49B7056358.jpeg

Tesla Model Y Long Range

MattP

Post by MattP »

Hopefully a quick question. If the dealer updates you to say order now in transit from factory, roughly how many weeks are we expecting this to take before delivery? Many thanks
Octopus referral

https://share.octopus.energy/plum-mouse-3910
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

MattP wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:08 pm Hopefully a quick question. If the dealer updates you to say order now in transit from factory, roughly how many weeks are we expecting this to take before delivery? Many thanks
Going by @Utumno's great spreadsheet its looking it can take up to 2 weeks from getting to Emden to getting on a ship. The trip over is usually around 24 hrs (longer for ships going to Tyne via Grimsby). Once in the UK anything up 10 -14 days to be transported to your dealer.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

I was about to say 4 weeks, but Newfie’s explanation is way better thought through 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range

mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

Smitten wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:27 pm The communication we saw copied from the VW Facebook post did make it clear there would be a difference between cars ordered before and after Dec 1st though? Cars with build week 51 and after but ordered before Dec 1st won't get the Full Monty MY22.5 according to that.
It still seems very strange though. Are we saying that the mass-production line is going to have a "side panel with radar" for assistance plus after December 1st and a "side panel without radar" for others? Of course, they might; I guess I'm just hoping for a freebie.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
camsoft2000

Post by camsoft2000 »

mediaguy wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:47 pm
Smitten wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:27 pm The communication we saw copied from the VW Facebook post did make it clear there would be a difference between cars ordered before and after Dec 1st though? Cars with build week 51 and after but ordered before Dec 1st won't get the Full Monty MY22.5 according to that.
It still seems very strange though. Are we saying that the mass-production line is going to have a "side panel with radar" for assistance plus after December 1st and a "side panel without radar" for others? Of course, they might; I guess I'm just hoping for a freebie.
No, I think it means that the physical parts of the car will be MY 22.5 and most likely any new sensor hardware. But software features making use of any new sensor hardware specifically park assist plus will only be available on assistance pack plus from December 1st orders onwards. I guess it’s easy to do that because it’s just software features.

What will be interesting is whether they will allow you to buy those assistance features retrospectively on MY 22.5 cars that have the supporting hardware.
Original order : ID.3 Family 58kWh Pro Performance. *Cancelled*

Subsequent order: Polestar 2 pre-config *cancelled*

Current car: 2022 ID.4 Style 58kWh, s/w 3.0
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

More likely it’ll be “side panel with radar” on all cars, and only those with an order date of 1-Dec or later will have their software coded to enable the features within the price of the vehicle. These are obvious paid upgrades for cars with the hardware support but sold at the lower price pre December 1st.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Hah jinx 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range

sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

It'll be the same as the Life, which doesn't have it fitted.
(same panels as the MY22)
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

sausageroll wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:19 pm It'll be the same as the Life, which doesn't have it fitted.
(same panels as the MY22)
It's the life I've ordered, but with the assistance plus pack, which now isn't an option on the life. I guess no-one really will know what's coming untill the first my22.5s are built.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Latest update I received today was car still in production. Onto checkpoint 3 of 8 in the build phase. Looks like still some way to go 😭 wish I knew what these 8 checkpoints are though
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22