Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

IDontknow wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:56 pm I'm a bit rubbish at working out what boats are up to - the link in the spreadsheet took me to a boat floating about near Denmark, so I assume I'm not using it properly!

Does anyone have any idea of there are boats scheduled to head to Sheerness from Emden?

Our dealer reckons delivery before Xmas should be doable...but can't guarantee it obvs - and I'm curious to see if it's really possible. I think it would need to be on a boat this week to make that happen...
Looking at the arrivala for Emden none of the usual Sheerness ships are due in. In fact the only one at the moment is the Weser Highway which usually does the Grimsby run is due in Emden on Thursday as its currently in Estonia.
Like I've mentioned before there are not many ships completing these runs recently.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus

rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

chrisfs wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:01 pm I imagine they would deliver it on a truck. That’s how our Zoe was delivered anyway.
Gotcha, I wouldn't mind that!
slug56 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:41 pm Mine is a company car order and I recently enquired of the supplying dealer whether collection would be an option. I was told yes, but it would be from a fleet hub/compound rather than a dealership. Fine with me!

Another confirmed build week 40 orderer here, with no recent updates. As it's a company car order, I'm not pestering for updates and only get offered a generic "confirmed build, dealership pipeline" update email every couple of weeks. I was hopeful for an early Christmas present - especially with all the other build week 40s leaving the factory, but have pretty much resigned myself to a 2022 delivery now.
Ah ok, mine is a lease for a company car as well, so I guess each company does it differently! I don't really understand why they're so strange about collection in this situation.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

IDontknow wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:56 pm I'm a bit rubbish at working out what boats are up to - the link in the spreadsheet took me to a boat floating about near Denmark, so I assume I'm not using it properly!

Does anyone have any idea of there are boats scheduled to head to Sheerness from Emden?

Our dealer reckons delivery before Xmas should be doable...but can't guarantee it obvs - and I'm curious to see if it's really possible. I think it would need to be on a boat this week to make that happen...
I found the Parana which is due to arrive in Emden tomorrow evening. Looking at its history, it previously arrived in Emden on Nov 22, departed Nov 25 and arrived in Sheerness the next day.

No idea where it's going after it arrives in Emden tomorrow but if it is heading to Sheerness then it could be here early next week.

Edit: So I'm not a shipping expert or anything but I assume this ship does the same route, which at the moment appears to be Emden to Sheerness, Santander and Setubal. I think this could be done in any order which means the ship could be in Emden anywhere between 3 to 7 days from when it departs Emden.

If it departs Emden by 10th December (assuming it takes 3 days to load up) then we could be looking at Sheerness arrival from 13th to 17th December. From there it could be another 2 weeks before it's delivered to the dealer.

Again, I'm not a shipping expert and making a lot of assumptions on how this all works :roll:
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Has anyone had their build week delayed?? Ours was originally scheduled for week 51 and now it's week 22? Our dealer has said ALL orders have been delayed due to MY22.5 scheduling but I've not seen anyone else report this
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
Splash-Man

Post by Splash-Man »

epicwinningmaz wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:43 pm Has anyone had their build week delayed?? Ours was originally scheduled for week 51 and now it's week 22? Our dealer has said ALL orders have been delayed due to MY22.5 scheduling but I've not seen anyone else report this
I remember reading a comment that suggested that all orders were going to be pushed back about 14 weeks due to the scheduling of MY22.5 and then they would be pulled back in again. This was mentioned a number of weeks ago but I can't remember which thread. Give it another month and see what happens.
I've not even got a provisional build date so I've not excited about anything at the moment :roll:
2023 Facelift 77kWh Pro S Costa Azule
18/9/23 Order placed
15/12/23 Collection day count down !
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Splash-Man wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:01 pm
epicwinningmaz wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:43 pm Has anyone had their build week delayed?? Ours was originally scheduled for week 51 and now it's week 22? Our dealer has said ALL orders have been delayed due to MY22.5 scheduling but I've not seen anyone else report this
I remember reading a comment that suggested that all orders were going to be pushed back about 14 weeks due to the scheduling of MY22.5 and then they would be pulled back in again. This was mentioned a number of weeks ago but I can't remember which thread. Give it another month and see what happens.
I've not even got a provisional build date so I've not excited about anything at the moment :roll:
I think that was me :lol:. Would be good to get a second opinion/someone else to confirm
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

My dealer hasn't said this, presumably because he doesn't want to get bashed by SWMBO. Doesn't mean it's not true though.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I had a confirmed build week of 42, and also received an email from VW UK on the Tuesday of that week to say that production had started. However I was later told it had been delayed to week 45. Of course we are now past week 45...
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
timmus

Post by timmus »

My first post so please be kind. Ordered our ID3 a month back and not trying to think when likely to be delivered... I do work in shipping and can bore everyone to death on the historical routing or timing information of ships of any type! But it looks like everyone can probably get access to most the vessel information needed! Just in case anyone wants me to dig deeper let me know... though even with some expensive AIS tracking the info's probably the same :D ... ie City of St Petersburg arrived at 15:14 this afternoon in Emden but destination not showing. The forward schedule doesn't tend to show sadly... though will keep a look out for useful info.
rikimaru wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:20 pm

I found the Parana which is due to arrive in Emden tomorrow evening. Looking at its history, it previously arrived in Emden on Nov 22, departed Nov 25 and arrived in Sheerness the next day.

No idea where it's going after it arrives in Emden tomorrow but if it is heading to Sheerness then it could be here early next week.

Edit: So I'm not a shipping expert or anything but I assume this ship does the same route, which at the moment appears to be Emden to Sheerness, Santander and Setubal. I think this could be done in any order which means the ship could be in Emden anywhere between 3 to 7 days from when it departs Emden.

If it departs Emden by 10th December (assuming it takes 3 days to load up) then we could be looking at Sheerness arrival from 13th to 17th December. From there it could be another 2 weeks before it's delivered to the dealer.

Again, I'm not a shipping expert and making a lot of assumptions on how this all works :roll:
IDontknow

Post by IDontknow »

Thanks for the shipping info. Much appreciated. I suspect I just need to be patient. I've never been very good at that.

I have to say I think that a Christmas delivery is optimistic at this point - the sales person I've been dealing with originally said "definitely 20.weeks so by end of November", then October, then November (again) and now "by Christmas".

To be fair to them, they never said what year.
phixion

Post by phixion »

Picked up my ID.3 Tour today.

I ordered July, got it 5 months later.

The dealer said the wait time has increased significantly at this point.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Glacier White Metallic Flat Black | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | BP Pulse Home Charger
Id3rpc

Post by Id3rpc »

I ordered through Carwow and have been assigned to Inchcape VW in Swindon.

Ordered on the 14th September, projected delivery date of 17th Jan 2022, order number 31464XXX. No special spec, just a pro performance family 58kwh in free grey with the 18” east Derry alloys.

The Jan delivery date has obviously all gone out the window now sadly. We still don’t have a build date and looks like they won’t be providing us one for some time.

We are pretty disappointed with the whole situation. Whilst I understand that everyone is in the same boat (so to speak) surely the manufacturer’s can forecast for events like this. They know what flow of components they have, so delaying peoples cars by MONTHS seems a bit off to me.

I just feel like they need to manage expectations a little better. If they told us 9 months at the beginning, we could have made some arrangements to suit that.

Anyway, rant over. Hopefully we get an update soon and hope everyone elses orders are progressing in a positive manner.

Ross.
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

I think the point is that they don’t know what flow of components they have, at least as far as the semiconductors are concerned.

That’s my understanding anyway, and I share your frustration.
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

I just feel like they need to manage expectations a little better. If they told us 9 months at the beginning, we could have made some arrangements to suit that.
My order on the 26th September has a printed expected date on the order as 31st July 2021 "Just to be safe", so it seems less like VW and more like your dealer saying what you wanted to hear to put money down on the car.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
Id3rpc

Post by Id3rpc »

chrisfs wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:45 am I think the point is that they don’t know what flow of components they have, at least as far as the semiconductors are concerned.

I know, I appreciate what you are saying mate. It’s just a frustrating situation. Surely they know approximately what components are coming in or aren’t though.

I can see this having pretty huge consequences in the future.
Id3rpc

Post by Id3rpc »

mediaguy wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:41 am
My order on the 26th September has a printed expected date on the order as 31st July 2021 "Just to be safe", so it seems less like VW and more like your dealer saying what you wanted to hear to put money down on the car.
Absolutely! But then the dealers will just say it’s someone else or another departments information they are just passing on!

Hilariously, we had an update a few days ago saying estimated delivery date is still 17/1/22. I enquired as to whether it was still accurate and the dealer said they don’t know. But if they don’t receive any build updates, they will put estimated delivery back 4 weeks.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Id3rpc wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:31 am Surely they know approximately what components are coming in or aren’t though.

They do not, and as VW is a JIT shop holding little/no stock, this is what causes assembly lines to grind to a halt. They know what they've ordered, and they know what's been acknowledged and therefore what's expected to be delivered ... the issue is that what is being delivered is randomly short of stuff.

Until either VW rely less on JIT supplying, or the JIT suppliers can guarantee deliveries on time, this situation is going to run and run.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of adding the Assistant Pack Plus onto my existing order, but not sure if it will affect the delivery time?

Spoke to the dealership last week but no confirm build week yet.

I ordered the Family Pro with heatpump, East Derry.

Any thought?

Thanks
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid
murfmac

Post by murfmac »

Id3rpc wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:31 am
chrisfs wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:45 am I think the point is that they don’t know what flow of components they have, at least as far as the semiconductors are concerned.

I know, I appreciate what you are saying mate. It’s just a frustrating situation. Surely they know approximately what components are coming in or aren’t though.

I can see this having pretty huge consequences in the future.
Its a nightmare....but pretty much every manufacturer is the same. The problem with the ID3 and the ID4 is that they are selling in massive numbers that VW cant keep up with. Outside the chip crisis it would be a struggle but the chip crisis is just making it ten time worse.
Ordered 28/07/2021
Order number - 31417***
Tour Pro S 77kW
Moonstone
Build week 39
Status 20 up to 23rd November
Status 30 - November 24th
Status 38 - 6th December
Status 40 - 19th December
Picked Up 12th January
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

murfmac wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:48 am Its a nightmare....but pretty much every manufacturer is the same. The problem with the ID3 and the ID4 is that they are selling in massive numbers that VW cant keep up with. Outside the chip crisis it would be a struggle but the chip crisis is just making it ten time worse.
Definitely. Even if you wanted something non-EV, looking at the UK forums for any manufacturer indicates anything ordered now is April at the very earliest. Even for seemingly undesirable vehicles.

What is unfortunately common is deceptive/optimistic lead times. Seen plenty of people crowing over the months about how they are getting their car 'by November' having ordered in September, only to follow up with rage-posts about how it's now December and it's not even assigned a build week.