Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

lewisj wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:58 pm Hi Folks 👋 I ordered an ID3 Family back in late October from Listers via AutoeBid (3150xxxx). I'm yet to receive a provisional build date, and I've had monthly contact from AutoeBid to remind me of the same! I recently contacted to enquire about adding a tow bar (aka accessory/bike hitch preparation), to which I was told that any change to my build would push me to the back of the queue! I've never experienced this with optionals on vehicle orders without a build date before. Has this been the experience of anyone else here? I'm wondering if they can't gaurantee any parts for anything other than the orders that have already been secured?
I was told I could make changes up until it reached the build date confirmed without it affecting my position in the queue. I was thinking about changing from Stonewashed Blue to Red that was available starting in 2022 and was flipping back and forth about whether I wanted the heat pump or not. I'm buying directly from a VW dealership so maybe that made it easier?
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker

LiamStarling

Post by LiamStarling »

Further delays to my order

LeasePlan are now giving me an ‘Anticipated Delivery’ 30th September.
This will be going a full year from ordering to potential delivery……
ID3 Life Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey
East Derry Wheels
Ordered 27/09/2021
Estimated Delivery 29/07/2022
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

EVOWNER101 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:58 pm
lewisj wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:58 pm Hi Folks 👋 I ordered an ID3 Family back in late October from Listers via AutoeBid (3150xxxx). I'm yet to receive a provisional build date, and I've had monthly contact from AutoeBid to remind me of the same! I recently contacted to enquire about adding a tow bar (aka accessory/bike hitch preparation), to which I was told that any change to my build would push me to the back of the queue! I've never experienced this with optionals on vehicle orders without a build date before. Has this been the experience of anyone else here? I'm wondering if they can't gaurantee any parts for anything other than the orders that have already been secured?
Hello Lewis,

If you were to read this forum and in particular all 249 odd pages of this thread, you would quickly realise that Volkswagen believe they can do whatever they want whenever they want and however they want. It would not surprise me in any way to find out that VW would use any excuse possible to delay an order. After all, they were the company at the forefront of the emissions scandal not so many years ago.

For example, I have just received today an update email direct from Volkswagen about my order. Unfortunately, it is almost word for word exactly the same as an email they sent me back in March. Quoting Ukraine and the silicon shortage as the only reasons why they cannot deliver the car I ordered back in the 1st November last year.

Although when you look behind the curtain (by reading many many news reports, posts, etc.) you quickly learn they are very successfully making and delivering cars to Germany/US and occasionally to other customers in Europe and elsewhere. In addition there was a report recently VW had restarted various production lines having solved the issues caused by Ukraine. Yet the latest email still quotes Ukraine as a primary reason.

My advice would be to do nothing to rock the boat. can a towing hitch be added post delivery?
We need a like button, especially for the first paragraph.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

Hi Lewis,

I also ordered an ID3 Family from Listers via AutoeBid and had similar experience. I enquired about adding the Information Plus Pack (due to lack of rear speakers and fancy the headup display) and was told it will affect the build week and grant position etc. back in December 2021.

As you can see from my details below, my car is now built, so I am hoping yours will already started built, but Listers is very reluctant to give build week information..... to the extent that I was told no confirmed build week 3 weeks ago. Hopefully, you will be pleasantly surprise to hear in a couple of weeks that your order is built and awaiting transport to UK.
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid
Andy1966

Post by Andy1966 »

Driving from Bristol to Trowbridge today I spotted four ID3’s and one ID4. So they are about !
Just hoping I will be driving ours soon and not the Toyota Ayago we bought as a stop gap !!
Ordered 31st Oct 2021 - Family Pro Performance
Original delivery date 31/04/2022 now 12/01/2023
Updated build date Wk 50
Finally collected 21/01/23
Order number 31064***
fen-yak

Post by fen-yak »

Nearly there!
Placed an order for a Glacier White Life Pro through the company car scheme back on August 2021. After months of 'your vehicle's anticipated delivery date is early (insert month for last 8 months)' it recently changed to mid-July. Phone call last week to say they can deliver and a date has been agreed in early July! All systems go on getting the My Zappi charger installed now.
Panic is now setting in as I'll be using the car daily with a round trip of between 60-80 miles per day. It's all going to be a big learning curve. Especially as I live 1100 ft above sea level on the edge of the Brecon Beacons and it can snow anytime between early October and April 🤣. Should be interesting...
Okane

Post by Okane »

Further update. My car has arrived at dealership and is available for collection from Monday. I'm out of the country next week so will pick up first week in July. In Ireland we change car reg numbers each half year, so in theory in Ireland it will have more resale value

IMG_20220625_124304.jpg

Business Pro Performance
Order date 28/10/2021
VW Castleisland, Ireland
130*** Comm No
Built week 18
Collected week 27
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

Oh no, someone's bought it already? You shouldn't have taken that foreign trip!
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
maphi3

Post by maphi3 »

10 month anniversary of order. Lease company/ car supplier will now not guarantee that grant will continue to apply if the car isn’t delivered in August. Finance company may now not continue with finance offer. All turning into bit of a mess. No certainty at all on any aspect of the car buying process.😳
150KW Family Pro Performance 58kWh\ Moonstone Grey\ East Derry wheels
Ordered 26 August 2021
Order number 31457xxx
Estimated Build week ?
Expected delivery 'November 2022'
lewisj

Post by lewisj »

Alongwait wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:58 pm
Hi Lewis,

I also ordered an ID3 Family from Listers via AutoeBid and had similar experience. I enquired about adding the Information Plus Pack (due to lack of rear speakers and fancy the headup display) and was told it will affect the build week and grant position etc. back in December 2021.

As you can see from my details below, my car is now built, so I am hoping yours will already started built, but Listers is very reluctant to give build week information..... to the extent that I was told no confirmed build week 3 weeks ago. Hopefully, you will be pleasantly surprise to hear in a couple of weeks that your order is built and awaiting transport to UK.
You’ve given me some hope! Although my build number is somehow quite a bit higher than yours 😬 how did you find out that your build was awaiting shipment?
Family Pro, Manganese Grey, East Derry, ordered 20/10/2021, 31508xxx, Listers, confirmed build week 39.
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

Okane wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:26 pm Further update. My car has arrived at dealership and is available for collection from Monday. I'm out of the country next week so will pick up first week in July. In Ireland we change car reg numbers each half year, so in theory in Ireland it will have more resale value
Nice! I had the exact same issue, available for collection basically anytime from next week but I happen to be out of the country until the second week in July. 9 months waiting and it happens to arrive while I'm unable to pick it up. Bloody typical! At least we get those 222 plates as a consolation prize!
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Casparh

Post by Casparh »

EVOWNER101 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:58 pm

Although when you look behind the curtain (by reading many many news reports, posts, etc.) you quickly learn they are very successfully making and delivering cars to Germany/US and occasionally to other customers in Europe and elsewhere. In addition there was a report recently VW had restarted various production lines having solved the issues caused by Ukraine. Yet the latest email still quotes Ukraine as a primary reason.

My advice would be to do nothing to rock the boat. can a towing hitch be added post delivery?
I wonder how much of it is down to this country's ridiculous insistence with using the RHD format? It surely isn't a small task converting the tooling each time?
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

As far as I remember at least with Audi the factories build European spec cars alongside UK ones, we watched A4’s coming along the production as UK spec then the next car would be European and have different indicators and specs of course together with being left hand drive so I would imagine this being similar to a VW factory.
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Glacier White
Ordered circa Sept 21 by Plan Car Leasing
Build week - Unknown, advised March 23 delivery
Order Number - 31401131 - Changed to 31401162
ricko

Post by ricko »

Casparh wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:17 am
I wonder how much of it is down to this country's ridiculous insistence with using the RHD format? It surely isn't a small task converting the tooling each time?
Not only UK drive on the left : to my knowledge at least :
  • UK
  • ROI
  • Australia
  • NZ
  • Thailand
  • Japan
  • India
  • South Africa
Life Pro Performance Kings Red + heatpump
Ordered 11/10/2021 @ Inchcape
Build week 38/22
Collected 20/07/22

Intelligent Octopus referral link (£50 credit) : https://share.octopus.energy/frost-snake-180
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

lewisj wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:41 am
Alongwait wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:58 pm
Hi Lewis,

You’ve given me some hope! Although my build number is somehow quite a bit higher than yours 😬 how did you find out that your build was awaiting shipment?
Hi Lewis,

The dealership contacted me on Monday 20/06 and AutoeBid contacted me on 23/06 to confirm the built status. Looking at your 3150xxxx and my 31477xxx order no., it is not that far away and the plant is now on 3 shifts and producing at capacity, so hopefully you are not that far away.

Many thanks.
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

Out of interest who on here has ordered through plan leasing has tracked down the supplying dealer, just wanted to maybe compare order numbers and maybe give them a shout myself if possible on the basis they might be the same.
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Glacier White
Ordered circa Sept 21 by Plan Car Leasing
Build week - Unknown, advised March 23 delivery
Order Number - 31401131 - Changed to 31401162
TwyRob

Post by TwyRob »

Vanarama called on Friday. My delivery is still planned for the first week of September. This is much better than their usual calls that push things back each time.
Max Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise
Ordered 26/10/21
Delivered 21st April 2023
Picker1

Post by Picker1 »

Out of curiosity, has anyone who has received their car not had the government grant or VW finance contribution applied?

Family Pro Performance
Ordered 20/9/21
Order number 31469***
Latest update build w/k 38
Gjrosser

Post by Gjrosser »

ricko wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:49 am
Casparh wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:17 am
Not only UK drive on the left : to my knowledge at least :
  • UK
  • ROI
  • Australia
  • NZ
  • Thailand
  • Japan
  • India
  • South Africa

And I believe most of Europe drove on the left until Napoleon conquered them and forces then to drive on the right.
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

So build week has arrived, still showing status 10 lol,

Anyone else scheduled for week 26 ?

Also, for those of you waiting, main highway is currently having her belly filled with fresh motors at emden and is due into grimsby tomorrow morning 😊
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff