Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
ItshardtobuyId3

Post by ItshardtobuyId3 »

Alongwait wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:03 pm So, the higher the spec. more chips are required, so it will take longer to built.

I also think VW is grouping the build as a few Family model are being built and coming through, may be the next batch is the Life or Max version? Just a thought….

Also, I have noticed that a couple of dealers (Lister VW & Vertu VW) have new stock car on their website, I guess this is due to customer cancellation but would not want to offer to awaiting customer and can sell it for higher price!
They had a Life pro performance in the showroom that was a pre-reg 70 plate for ~£35k when I ordered mine. I asked why it was so expensive and the salesman said it’s because some people aren’t willing to wait so they can charge a premium. It was default other than Derry alloys. They have sold it since.

He said I’d be better off ordering if I don’t mind waiting which I didn’t. Fair play to him for being honest about it. I wasn’t planning to change for another year but my current car had a bonkers trade in value because people don’t want to wait!
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Cupra Born V1 with Typhoon Alloys - Aurora Blue - Tech pack L

Moog

Post by Moog »

When I was haggling on mine I was offered a cracking deal at £300 below DTD price from my local dealer with 10-15wk delivery. It was a cancelled order I could have had quickly, but wasn’t the spec I wanted (A basic life when I wanted a Family with extras). They couldn’t change the spec at that point so I didn’t take it. I thought about taking it & passing it on to make a few £wonga, but as I’m also now looking at a fill-in 2nd hand that would have left me with a car now plus 2 on order & it would have got rather complicated from then.. 🤣
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (204ps/58kWh) in Makena Turquoise, 19” Andoya, Sport pack, Infotainment+, heat-pump, bi-colour silver, Bike Hitch.
Ordered 15 Nov 21 (wk46/21)
Finally built wk9/23 & collected wk16!
17 months + 2days!
fixit

Post by fixit »

fixit wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:13 pm My Family Pro Perf. is order no. 31334*** and was originally due about now.

The dealer is saying that the car "is still at what we call status 20 meaning Germany port of exit and I am unable to gather an update for this".

Can anyone confirm the meaning of "status 20"? I rather suspect it's waiting for some electronics in a German field....

Dealer has been in touch this morning - it is Status 40, in the UK!

They estimate delivery will be in the next fortnight. :D

I was beginning to think it would be next year....
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

fixit wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:56 am Dealer has been in touch this morning - it is Status 40, in the UK!

They estimate delivery will be in the next fortnight. :D

Congrats! Fantastic news!
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Sanya

Post by Sanya »

Oh heck, all this talk of delivery times and a quick browse of that Google sheet makes me dread asking for details about my order. Dealer advised end of April for delivery. I don’t think I want to ask just yet to avoid any disappointment.
Family Pro Performance | Glacier White | Sanya 20” alloys | Delivered March 2022
3rd time EV owner | BMWi Pure wall box.
m3nt0r3

Post by m3nt0r3 »

News from the leasing site. Car was completed on 22/11/2021. Waiting for news from my dealer . Finger crossed hoping to drive the car before christmas
ID.3 pure performance 45 KW
Ordered 07/07/2021
Production 36wk
Completed 47wk (22/11/2022)
Waiting...
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

m3nt0r3 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:20 am News from the leasing site. Car was completed on 22/11/2021. Waiting for news from my dealer . Finger crossed hoping to drive the car before christmas

Subjectively there seems to be a bit of a push on in Zwickau to get the MY22 cars out of the door, doesn’t there? Or am I just seeing wishful patterns in the chaos? 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range

spectra7045

Post by spectra7045 »

Just ordered my Family pro performance with my leasing company.
Glacier white 18 inch alloys.
Received confirmation they have ordered with the dealer.
Anticipated delivery date
30th June ( I hope the mean 2022!!!)

I believe the £350 on ev charger installation end at the end of March so will have to get that moving after Christmas.
ID3 Family pro performance Glacier white
East Derry wheels.
Ordered From Select Car Leasing 26th November
Order Number 31567XXX
Latest Anticipated Delivery Date 17th April 2023 tho no build week
EO Mini Pro 2 fitted in March
Cancelled
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Utumno wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:03 am
m3nt0r3 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:20 am News from the leasing site. Car was completed on 22/11/2021. Waiting for news from my dealer . Finger crossed hoping to drive the car before christmas

Subjectively there seems to be a bit of a push on in Zwickau to get the MY22 cars out of the door, doesn’t there? Or am I just seeing wishful patterns in the chaos? 😂
You'd think so, or people will start to moan and rage about the changes that they won't get etc.

Though I've ordered a Life, so no difference really for me
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

sausageroll wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:47 am
Utumno wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:03 am

You'd think so, or people will start to moan and rage about the changes that they won't get etc.

Though I've ordered a Life, so no difference really for me

Beetlejuice, beetlejuice, etc.

image_2021-11-28_150818.png

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Wait, what tracker is that?!
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Am I right in thinking that's an email update. Which could be set up when the online tracker was working. They kept the email updates if you signed up for them but dropped the SMS alerts.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Ah right that could be it. I signed up for all that just before the tracker was taken offline. No emails or SMS’s though 😟
Tesla Model Y Long Range

sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Utumno wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:36 pm Ah right that could be it. I signed up for all that just before the tracker was taken offline. No emails or SMS’s though 😟
Yeah it's an email update.

No idea whether it means it's leaving the factory or leaving Germany/port.

Assume it could still mean 2022 as I have no idea otherwise on when it'll be at the dealers
Col21

Post by Col21 »

How do I go about getting my order number?
The slip we got with order number on doesn't match to any of your order numbers you guys have?
Ordered Family Pro Performance - 5/11/2021
Moonstone Grey with East Derry Alloys
Order number 31370***
Estimated arrival - April 2022 (from dealer) now moved to June!
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Just ask your dealer. A VW order number is always 8 digits long (numbers only) and in the UK always begins with a 3.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Col21

Post by Col21 »

Thank you, I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Only ordered it the 5th 🙈
Ordered Family Pro Performance - 5/11/2021
Moonstone Grey with East Derry Alloys
Order number 31370***
Estimated arrival - April 2022 (from dealer) now moved to June!
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Col21 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:25 pm Thank you, I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Only ordered it the 5th 🙈
It's not an order number as such; it's a factory commission number. It's provided when the order is accepted, not made.

I wouldn't bother ringing them, as it'll likely be next year before it is assigned, and it is meaningless to you until the tracker is back up (which isn't in the foreseeable anyway).

Best thing to do, if you are making a new order and not taking over a cancelled one, is to forget about if for now - you'll drive yourself insane otherwise, as you're looking at a significant wait
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

sausageroll wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:03 pm
It's not an order number as such; it's a factory commission number. It's provided when the order is accepted, not made.
Not so sure about this as when I ordered mine I sat and watch my dealer input my order into the system and as soon as he hit the final enter input it immediately showed the order with an order number which was printed off as my copy.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Newfie wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:14 pm
sausageroll wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:03 pm
Not so sure about this as when I ordered mine I sat and watch my dealer input my order into the system and as soon as he hit the final enter input it immediately showed the order with an order number which was printed off as my copy.

That will have been back when they were accepting orders 'as per normal'.

I'm assuming you did do PCP etc. either, as quite often the order isn't confirmed until the usual checks are done with that either.

Current state of play that has been reported is that order can be 'made', but aren't currently getting 'accepted' until they can confirm provisions (due to the backlog etc)