Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Wait, what tracker is that?!
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Am I right in thinking that's an email update. Which could be set up when the online tracker was working. They kept the email updates if you signed up for them but dropped the SMS alerts.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Ah right that could be it. I signed up for all that just before the tracker was taken offline. No emails or SMS’s though 😟
Tesla Model Y Long Range

sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Utumno wrote: ↑Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:36 pm Ah right that could be it. I signed up for all that just before the tracker was taken offline. No emails or SMS’s though 😟
Yeah it's an email update.

No idea whether it means it's leaving the factory or leaving Germany/port.

Assume it could still mean 2022 as I have no idea otherwise on when it'll be at the dealers
Col21

Post by Col21 »

How do I go about getting my order number?
The slip we got with order number on doesn't match to any of your order numbers you guys have?
Ordered Family Pro Performance - 5/11/2021
Moonstone Grey with East Derry Alloys
Order number 31370***
Estimated arrival - April 2022 (from dealer) now moved to June!
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Just ask your dealer. A VW order number is always 8 digits long (numbers only) and in the UK always begins with a 3.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Col21

Post by Col21 »

Thank you, I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Only ordered it the 5th πŸ™ˆ
Order number 31370***
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Col21 wrote: ↑Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:25 pm Thank you, I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Only ordered it the 5th πŸ™ˆ
It's not an order number as such; it's a factory commission number. It's provided when the order is accepted, not made.

I wouldn't bother ringing them, as it'll likely be next year before it is assigned, and it is meaningless to you until the tracker is back up (which isn't in the foreseeable anyway).

Best thing to do, if you are making a new order and not taking over a cancelled one, is to forget about if for now - you'll drive yourself insane otherwise, as you're looking at a significant wait
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

sausageroll wrote: ↑Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:03 pm
It's not an order number as such; it's a factory commission number. It's provided when the order is accepted, not made.
Not so sure about this as when I ordered mine I sat and watch my dealer input my order into the system and as soon as he hit the final enter input it immediately showed the order with an order number which was printed off as my copy.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Newfie wrote: ↑Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:14 pm
sausageroll wrote: ↑Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:03 pm
Not so sure about this as when I ordered mine I sat and watch my dealer input my order into the system and as soon as he hit the final enter input it immediately showed the order with an order number which was printed off as my copy.

That will have been back when they were accepting orders 'as per normal'.

I'm assuming you did do PCP etc. either, as quite often the order isn't confirmed until the usual checks are done with that either.

Current state of play that has been reported is that order can be 'made', but aren't currently getting 'accepted' until they can confirm provisions (due to the backlog etc)
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Might it be simpler to describe this situation as @Col21 has ordered the car with the dealership, but the dealership has *not* yet been able to place that order with the factory ?

Practical upshot, if this is the case, is that @Col21 hasn't even joined the queue for building the ordered vehicle at the factory yet.

Having the factory order number at least means that you know you're in the factory queue, even if you can't track anything yourself with it.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Col21

Post by Col21 »

Well I have got my factory order number, he said its been accepted by the factory but not even a estimated delivery date or anything πŸ™ˆ order number is 3137**** was originally given estimated by dealership of April 2022!
Order number 31370***
Chris_Shep

Post by Chris_Shep »

I'm in the same position. I had to chase for an Order No which is 31497xxx ordered Oct 7th. Like @Col21 I've not got an estimated build date. The dealer said March and now says March/April maybe later maybe earlier! However cars ordered after mine are shown with Code 10 dates in June so that's what I'm assuming is nearer the mark. I've specifically asked the dealer for a Code 10 date and he's not replied yet.
Ordered (07/10/2021) : ID.3 Life Pro 58kWh Moonstone Grey, Order # 31497xxx
Unconfirmed Build Weeks: 22 --> 36 --> 37 --> 38 --> 37--> 47.
Car actually built in week 34. Build to collection: 6 weeks
Collected Car 5th Oct 2022 :D
Col21

Post by Col21 »

Chris_Shep wrote: ↑Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:21 pm I'm in the same position. I had to chase for an Order No which is 31497xxx ordered Oct 7th. Like @Col21 I've not got an estimated build date. The dealer said March and now says March/April maybe later maybe earlier! However cars ordered after mine are shown with Code 10 dates in June so that's what I'm assuming is nearer the mark. I've specifically asked the dealer for a Code 10 date and he's not replied yet.
Strange, your number is so much higher than mine and I ordered 4 weeks after you? Do these order numbers actually go on order?
Order number 31370***
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Col21 wrote: ↑Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:06 am Well I have got my factory order number, he said its been accepted by the factory but not even a estimated delivery date or anything πŸ™ˆ order number is 3137**** was originally given estimated by dealership of April 2022!
That's almost certainly a cancelled/stock order. 313 orders are June/early-July from the data so far
Col21

Post by Col21 »

sausageroll wrote: ↑Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:48 pm
Col21 wrote: ↑Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:06 am Well I have got my factory order number, he said its been accepted by the factory but not even a estimated delivery date or anything πŸ™ˆ order number is 3137**** was originally given estimated by dealership of April 2022!
That's almost certainly a cancelled/stock order. 313 orders are June/early-July from the data so far
Thats what I thought looking at the spread sheet created. Strange they haven't offered us a build date though if it was cancelled/stock order?
Order number 31370***
Alanpyle

Post by Alanpyle »

Just been told build was due Tuesday, but was put of due to lack of parts
Ordered 5 September, when do yo think it might be built
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Alanpyle wrote: ↑Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:14 pm Just been told build was due Tuesday, but was put of due to lack of parts
Ordered 5 September, when do yo think it might be built

🎱 ... future uncertain ...
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Col21 wrote: ↑Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:09 pm
sausageroll wrote: ↑Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:48 pm
Thats what I thought looking at the spread sheet created. Strange they haven't offered us a build date though if it was cancelled/stock order?

I've been suspecting for a while that some dealers are handing out any old 3xxxxxx number they make up on the spot, given there's no way for you as a customer to validate it any longer. @Cherry is in a similar spot, with a very low order number compared to time of order, yet a long lead time.

Or it might be that the dealer did place the order, then the original orderer cancelled and the dealer placed the order on hold until a new customer came along for that order, then released the hold so an estimated build week can be generated.

My understanding is that once you have a factory order number, it's at code 10, and code 10 always has an estimated build week. That then firms up over time into code 20, which is a confirmed build week. In other words, if you have an order number available to you then you should have an estimated build week, whatever it is. If your dealer isn't telling it to you, that's something you'll likely need to take up with the dealer.

Difficult times.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Cherry

Post by Cherry »

Some dealers order stock cars and allocate them to buyers. They often make changes to the original order for the buyer's spec.
May be this way their order numbers are lower.
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection