Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Malcster

Post by Malcster »

sausageroll wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:49 pm
Malcster wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:46 pm Do those who ordered with the discount and pre price increase still get it and the original price ??
Yes - the deal is whatever you signed for.
Thank you
Thought it was but wanted sanity check
Family pro
Derry alloys
Infotainment plus
Stonewashed
Order no 3150@@@@
Order date 17/10/2021
Build date
Delivery date

Stevej999

Post by Stevej999 »

I ordered my car in early July, and was told at the time that it should be delivered in mid - to late October.
I’ve just ( November 22nd) been told that it has now been built and should be with me in 4-6 weeks 🤞🤞🤞🤞
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Stevej999 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:01 am I ordered my car in early July, and was told at the time that it should be delivered in mid - to late October.
I’ve just ( November 22nd) been told that it has now been built and should be with me in 4-6 weeks 🤞🤞🤞🤞
Great news! With some luck it'll be a nice Christmas present for you! 🤞🏼
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Stevej999 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:01 am I ordered my car in early July, and was told at the time that it should be delivered in mid - to late October.
That was a July 5th order, based on your previous?

I'm a couple of weeks later, but it'd be nice if I was in that position soon
IDontknow

Post by IDontknow »

Interesting....delivery times seem very unpredictable. The spreadsheet might shed light on the process at some point?

My order of July 2nd was built in schedule (wk38), but told today it's still awaiting semiconductors and no sign of when it will be finished...

Really pleased the waiting game is nearly over for you though - there's hope for us all yet!
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

Well, I wonder why VW have confirmed build dates when they are subject to change. Mine has been pushed back to week 49.
If it gets pushed a few weeks further back may be I will receive a MY22.5 model.
A March 1st collection seems more unlikely now.

I wonder what the last build week for 2021 is.
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
3twins

Post by 3twins »

Good stuff. I got my order number on the 21/07/21 no confirmed build yet!
Id.3 Family Pro Performance East Derry's Heat pump and cycle carrier prep.
Wolfsburg

Post by Wolfsburg »

Do those who ordered with the discount and pre price increase still get it and the original price ??

Check your contract with the supplying dealer, most have a caveat that they will pass on manufacturers price increases as well as any vat or tax changes
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

IDontknow wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:15 pm Interesting....delivery times seem very unpredictable. The spreadsheet might shed light on the process at some point?

My order of July 2nd was built in schedule (wk38), but told today it's still awaiting semiconductors and no sign of when it will be finished...

Really pleased the waiting game is nearly over for you though - there's hope for us all yet!

I think all the spreadsheet can currently do is illustrate the absolute chaos in Zwickau at the moment. Which I feel it does reasonably succinctly 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Had a call from the dealer just now to say the order status is still on 20. He's going to call the factory tomorrow to get an update but apparently some of his customers have been stuck in build for 11 weeks 😅 wonderful haha
IDontknow

Post by IDontknow »

Utumno wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:18 pm
IDontknow wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:15 pm Interesting....delivery times seem very unpredictable. The spreadsheet might shed light on the process at some point?

I think all the spreadsheet can currently do is illustrate the absolute chaos in Zwickau at the moment. Which I feel it does reasonably succinctly 😀
:lol:
Stevej999

Post by Stevej999 »

The funny thing is that about 10 days ago the dealer emailed me to say that he didn’t know when it was due to be built!
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Stevej999 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:02 pm
The funny thing is that about 10 days ago the dealer emailed me to say that he didn’t know when it was due to be built!

I think that’s because the dealers aren’t actually told when the vehicle goes into actually be built - “there’s no status code for it” is how it was described to me.

There is however a status code for “in transit from factory” and of course it must have been built to be in transit!

So your experience makes sense, even if the process itself doesn’t make much sense 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range

ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Utumno wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:34 pm
Stevej999 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:02 pm

I think that’s because the dealers aren’t actually told when the vehicle goes into actually be built - “there’s no status code for it” is how it was described to me.

There is however a status code for “in transit from factory” and of course it must have been built to be in transit!

So your experience makes sense, even if the process itself doesn’t make much sense 😀
Thats what I found out today too. My order is still status 20 and my dealer said the next status is 30 and that should come with a VIN number to indicate build is complete. I guess dealers can't find out what's happening unless they contact the factory directly.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

That’s my understanding too (they have to phone the factory, apparently, which I’m not sure I believe but 🤷‍♂️)
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Its a VW internal call centre in Leeds that dealers call. This call centre have all details on relevant orders at whichever factory the vehicle is being built at. As it was this call centre that told my dealer my Tour was in the paintshop which was last Friday morning.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Newfie wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:28 pm Its a VW internal call centre in Leeds that dealers call. This call centre have all details on relevant orders at whichever factory the vehicle is being built at. As it was this call centre that told my dealer my Tour was in the paintshop which was last Friday morning.

That sounds much more plausible thanks Newfie.

Though you’d think VW UK could just make the info available electronically. I’ve had Amazon deliveries better tracked than this vehicle 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Utumno wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:39 pm
Newfie wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:28 pm Its a VW internal call centre in Leeds that dealers call. This call centre have all details on relevant orders at whichever factory the vehicle is being built at. As it was this call centre that told my dealer my Tour was in the paintshop which was last Friday morning.

Though you’d think VW UK could just make the info available electronically. I’ve had Amazon deliveries better tracked than this vehicle 😂
i agree but for some reason VW like to p*** customers off.
Just been watching this video. Take from it what you will.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Newfie wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:51 pm
Utumno wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:39 pm

i agree but for some reason VW like to p*** customers off.
Just been watching this video. Take from it what you will.
A sensational video on youtube with a clickbait title with uppercase emphasis.

A pinch of salt, if you please :D
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

I saw it was 10 minutes long and decided my time had more value 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range