Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
MattP

Post by MattP »

Hopefully a quick question. If the dealer updates you to say order now in transit from factory, roughly how many weeks are we expecting this to take before delivery? Many thanks
Octopus referral

https://share.octopus.energy/plum-mouse-3910

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

MattP wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:08 pm Hopefully a quick question. If the dealer updates you to say order now in transit from factory, roughly how many weeks are we expecting this to take before delivery? Many thanks
Going by @Utumno's great spreadsheet its looking it can take up to 2 weeks from getting to Emden to getting on a ship. The trip over is usually around 24 hrs (longer for ships going to Tyne via Grimsby). Once in the UK anything up 10 -14 days to be transported to your dealer.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

I was about to say 4 weeks, but Newfie’s explanation is way better thought through 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

Smitten wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:27 pm The communication we saw copied from the VW Facebook post did make it clear there would be a difference between cars ordered before and after Dec 1st though? Cars with build week 51 and after but ordered before Dec 1st won't get the Full Monty MY22.5 according to that.
It still seems very strange though. Are we saying that the mass-production line is going to have a "side panel with radar" for assistance plus after December 1st and a "side panel without radar" for others? Of course, they might; I guess I'm just hoping for a freebie.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
camsoft2000

Post by camsoft2000 »

mediaguy wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:47 pm
Smitten wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:27 pm The communication we saw copied from the VW Facebook post did make it clear there would be a difference between cars ordered before and after Dec 1st though? Cars with build week 51 and after but ordered before Dec 1st won't get the Full Monty MY22.5 according to that.
It still seems very strange though. Are we saying that the mass-production line is going to have a "side panel with radar" for assistance plus after December 1st and a "side panel without radar" for others? Of course, they might; I guess I'm just hoping for a freebie.
No, I think it means that the physical parts of the car will be MY 22.5 and most likely any new sensor hardware. But software features making use of any new sensor hardware specifically park assist plus will only be available on assistance pack plus from December 1st orders onwards. I guess it’s easy to do that because it’s just software features.

What will be interesting is whether they will allow you to buy those assistance features retrospectively on MY 22.5 cars that have the supporting hardware.
Original order : ID.3 Family 58kWh Pro Performance. *Cancelled*

Subsequent order: Polestar 2 pre-config *cancelled*

Current car: 2022 ID.4 Style 58kWh, s/w 3.0
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

More likely it’ll be “side panel with radar” on all cars, and only those with an order date of 1-Dec or later will have their software coded to enable the features within the price of the vehicle. These are obvious paid upgrades for cars with the hardware support but sold at the lower price pre December 1st.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Hah jinx 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range

sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

It'll be the same as the Life, which doesn't have it fitted.
(same panels as the MY22)
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

sausageroll wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:19 pm It'll be the same as the Life, which doesn't have it fitted.
It's the life I've ordered, but with the assistance plus pack, which now isn't an option on the life. I guess no-one really will know what's coming untill the first my22.5s are built.
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Latest update I received today was car still in production. Onto checkpoint 3 of 8 in the build phase. Looks like still some way to go 😭 wish I knew what these 8 checkpoints are though
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
Sanya

Post by Sanya »

mediaguy wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:03 pm
sausageroll wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:19 pm It'll be the same as the Life, which doesn't have it fitted.
It's the life I've ordered, but with the assistance plus pack, which now isn't an option on the life. I guess no-one really will know what's coming untill the first my22.5s are built.

It would be great to see some photos of the new interior when one arrives on our shores as a configurator render doesn’t always show the colours well.
Family Pro Performance | Glacier White | Sanya 20” alloys | Delivered March 2022
3rd time EV owner | BMWi Pure wall box.
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Based on the 'leaked' info, you should have exactly what you ordered - a MY22 - except for:
- "Premium material dashboard, door cards, and front console" - whatever that transpires to be in reality
- "Integrated data volume in WeConnect Plus for streaming"
- "Winter Driving mode via ASR-off button"

The Life doesn't come with the different seats, and only post Dec 1st orders will have the new 'packs'.
Deleted User 1678

Post by Deleted User 1678 »

sausageroll wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:46 am
Based on the 'leaked' info, you should have exactly what you ordered - a MY22 - except for:
- "Premium material dashboard, door cards, and front console" - whatever that transpires to be in reality
- "Integrated data volume in WeConnect Plus for streaming"
- "Winter Driving mode via ASR-off button"

The Life doesn't come with the different seats, and only post Dec 1st orders will have the new 'packs'.
But the 22.5MY Max configurator does not mention electric seats with massage, whereas they did have them in 22MY. Are they are going to remove some features for some cars?
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

Mine was Life + Interior style plus + assistance plus + infotainment plus. Only the government grant made it worthwhile not getting the Max as I didn't really need performance. I'd be disappointed spending £2k on seats to find they'd removed the reason I added them!
smuj

Post by smuj »

Car arriving at dealers tomorrow. Arranged to pick up next Wednesday. Getting a little apprehensive now.
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
———————————————————————————————————
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.
Col21

Post by Col21 »

Fantastic to hear so many cars will be arriving this side, hoping you all get your cars before Christmas! Would be a nice present ay!
I'd be happy with just a confirmed build date at this stage 🤣
Ordered Family Pro Performance - 5/11/2021
Moonstone Grey with East Derry Alloys
Order number 31370***
Estimated arrival - April 2022 (from dealer) now moved to June!
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

mediaguy wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:48 am
Mine was Life + Interior style plus + assistance plus + infotainment plus. Only the government grant made it worthwhile not getting the Max as I didn't really need performance. I'd be disappointed spending £2k on seats to find they'd removed the reason I added them!
I meant that the MY22.5 changes for the seats (Art Velor) don't apply to the 'Life' model apparently, so there's basically no MY22.5 different listed for your spec to the one you ordered, apart from maybe some interior plastic trims and a winter mode button.
Sprout

Post by Sprout »

That's great news smuj.

I've now got a confirmed build week of week 49 (6th - 12th Dec)

So going by rough calculations of 8 weeks after that, I'm looking at the end of Jan\beginning of Feb.

I don't mind the wait, nice to have an idea of what kind of time frame though.
Family Pro Perf \ Managanese \ East Derry \ DTD
Order Number received 12th Aug - 2021 (Week 32)
Confirmed Build week 49 - 2021 (6th Dec - 12th Dec)
Order Num - 31422xxx
Status 38- 16/02/22
Status 40- 09/04/22
Collecting - 25/03/22
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Sprout wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:53 am That's great news smuj.

So going by rough calculations of 8 weeks after that, I'm looking at the end of Jan\beginning of Feb.

They will shut down for around 3 week around Christmas, so I'd consider adding those on top, too.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

sausageroll wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:01 pm
Sprout wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:53 am That's great news smuj.

They will shut down for around 3 week around Christmas, so I'd consider adding those on top, too.

And add a further 4 weeks for transport to the UK. So probably March.
Tesla Model Y Long Range