Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Trilby wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 4:43 pm
rikimaru wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:42 pm
EDIT: OK, pretty much confirmed to be an MY 22.5 change. If you go to the ID3 manual page you can see 2 manuals. 1 is dated June 2021 and the other is dated November 2021. The first manual makes no mention of memory seats but the second one does.

Very frustrating given, like you said, many of us ordered with memory seats listed in the configurator and brochure.
Noob question: How do you get to see the manual without a reg?

L3 VWW is a generic reg that seems to work 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203

cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

Btw Utumno, can you update my entry on the tracker, new build week 21. Hopefully it being this close it won't slip.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Already have 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range

cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

Nice one! I'm trying not to get too excited because everyone has had delays all the time but this kinda feels different.

Just found out though that the wiring in the house is too old to install the charger and need to rewire the whole house.
Ordered October 2021

rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

EDIT: OK, pretty much confirmed to be an MY 22.5 change. If you go to the ID3 manual page you can see 2 manuals. 1 is dated June 2021 and the other is dated November 2021. The first manual makes no mention of memory seats but the second one does.

Very frustrating given, like you said, many of us ordered with memory seats listed in the configurator and brochure.
Stole one off the internet!
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Cheese Fiend

Post by Cheese Fiend »

That’s a bit gutting about the memory seats on MY22 (though not a surprise). My Tour order was placed during the time when the spec was showing memory seats. When the question first started being flagged I contacted both the dealer and VW customer services who both swore blind my car would have them. Given it’s claimed build week was 40 (2021) then it’ll probably be an MY22 with seemingly no hope for memory seats and probably no comeback at all - even though the order was placed with the assumption (and, one could could argue , contractual obligation) that memory seats would be included……. I guess I just need to wait to see what turns up (if ever) and take it from there…..
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Glacier White
Ordered July 2021 via Drive The Deal
Delivered June 2022
Order Number - 3140xxxx
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

cornbutter wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:28 pm Nice one! I'm trying not to get too excited because everyone has had delays all the time but this kinda feels different.

Just found out though that the wiring in the house is too old to install the charger and need to rewire the whole house.

Er that doesn’t sound right, though I’m no absolute expert.

Normally you’d take fresh tails directly from the incoming meter feed into a small dedicated consumer unit- this completely isolates the car charger from the house electrics.

It’s perfectly possible the house needs a rewire separately, but the reason for the rewire shouldn’t be to be able to have a car charger installed as there’s normally no reason to use the house wiring for the charger at all.

Have you got some competitive quotes from multiple electricians?
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Cheese Fiend wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:53 pm That’s a bit gutting about the memory seats on MY22 (though not a surprise). My Tour order was placed during the time when the spec was showing memory seats. When the question first started being flagged I contacted both the dealer and VW customer services who both swore blind my car would have them. Given it’s claimed build week was 40 (2021) then it’ll probably be an MY22 with seemingly no hope for memory seats and probably no comeback at all - even though the order was placed with the assumption (and, one could could argue , contractual obligation) that memory seats would be included……. I guess I just need to wait to see what turns up (if ever) and take it from there…..

The brochures are all E&OE, and they’d claim the memory seats are an error. There isn’t a contractual leg to stand on, unfortunately.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

Utumno wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:49 pm
cornbutter wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:28 pm Nice one! I'm trying not to get too excited because everyone has had delays all the time but this kinda feels different.

Er that doesn’t sound right, though I’m no absolute expert.

Normally you’d take fresh tails directly from the incoming meter feed into a small dedicated consumer unit- this completely isolates the car charger from the house electrics.

It’s perfectly possible the house needs a rewire separately, but the reason for the rewire shouldn’t be to be able to have a car charger installed as there’s normally no reason to use the house wiring for the charger at all.

Have you got some competitive quotes from multiple electricians?
No, but the electrician is someone I know. I am already planning a whole rewire, but he was very nervous about the fuse board in general and when he was moving a socket for me, all the insulation on the wire disintegrated when he touched it. So I don't think he meant it in a way of "it can't be done" but rather, lets do the rewiring before we touch anything else.
Ordered October 2021

bluewaters905

Post by bluewaters905 »

My leasing company have just said that my order is now due at the end of July but most orders have slipped to end of September and suspects mine will too. They also said they've received very few VW orders in the last 2 months, adding weight to the rumour that VW are prioritising non-lease orders.

I've decided to copy Utumno and I've ordered a Tesla Model 3 whilst keeping my VW order active. Tesla are saying a delivery of February next year, but if anyone can deliver earlier it's probably Tesla. And they may still beat VW even with February...
JRF

Post by JRF »

My October 21 order like most on here is nowhere to be seen so I have decided to order a Fisker Ocean Ultra,delivery I reckon around early 2024 still most probably before the iD3.
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

bluewaters905 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:58 am My leasing company have just said that my order is now due at the end of July but most orders have slipped to end of September and suspects mine will too. They also said they've received very few VW orders in the last 2 months, adding weight to the rumour that VW are prioritising non-lease orders.

I've decided to copy Utumno and I've ordered a Tesla Model 3 whilst keeping my VW order active. Tesla are saying a delivery of February next year, but if anyone can deliver earlier it's probably Tesla. And they may still beat VW even with February...
Is there any truth they’re not prioritising lease orders?
Mines a lease but was ordered specifically for me, not part of a huge batch order.
Still no build week here ffs
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
pcnewtonuk

Post by pcnewtonuk »

And another update - the car is now in Grimsby port!
My Tour is on tour!
iD.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S in Stonewashed Blue
Ordered 9 Jul 2021
Build week 46
MY22
Delivery May 2022
Podpoint installed Nov 21
jimbaxter

Post by jimbaxter »

bluewaters905 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:58 am My leasing company have just said that my order is now due at the end of July but most orders have slipped to end of September and suspects mine will too. They also said they've received very few VW orders in the last 2 months, adding weight to the rumour that VW are prioritising non-lease orders.

Hi, if you don't mind telling us, who did you lease with. Just curious because I had a similar story from lease company about 2 months ago about lots of others slipping but not mine and I wonder if it is a tactic to keep my business.
13th Jan: Ordered ID3 Family Pro Performance in Moonstone Grey.
Order #315109xx
ETA 01/2023 (Car part of pre-orders from Oct 2021)

Last update 19th Aug: Build Week 49/2022
Chris_Shep

Post by Chris_Shep »

Try this?

https://manual-directory.com/cars/volkswagen/id-3/
Ordered (07/10/2021) : ID.3 Life Pro 58kWh Moonstone Grey, Order # 31497xxx
Unconfirmed Build Weeks: 22 --> 36 --> 37 --> 38 --> 37--> 47.
Car actually built in week 34. Build to collection: 6 weeks
Collected Car 5th Oct 2022 :D
bluewaters905

Post by bluewaters905 »

jimbaxter wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:27 pm

Hi, if you don't mind telling us, who did you lease with. Just curious because I had a similar story from lease company about 2 months ago about lots of others slipping but not mine and I wonder if it is a tactic to keep my business.
SG Fleet - it's a company salary-sacrifice lease. They order through Marshals (?) somewhere near Dartford I think... I think mine just don't get any information from the dealer so have to make it all up.
Big277wave

Post by Big277wave »

My replacement ID.3's not a lease order and has had similar slippages in build week, I was initially told it would be week 6, it was then changed to week 20, moved a week or so earlier and later than that and on the latest update was changed to week 27. I'll ask for another update at the end of the month if I haven't heard anything from them which is highly likely.
1st Ed turquoise, white interior, 9/2020
Family Pro preformance, Makena turquoise, Andoya alloys
Ordered 22/9/ 2021 replacing 1st Ed which has been unreliable
Order No 31364***, pre order from July 2021
Status 70 on 25/11/22, build wk38
slug56

Post by slug56 »

pcnewtonuk wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:11 pm And another update - the car is now in Grimsby port!
My Tour is on tour!
And another one (my Max) has landed in the UK today (status 40).
Dealer reckons it usually takes about a week to get to them, but possibly up to 2.
Max Pro Performance, Glacier White, 18" East Derrys, MY22
jam74

Post by jam74 »

So I’ve had an update today … the lease company have said my Tour is finally fully built and is at the ‘Port of Exit’ due at the dealers on 6th June (batch pre ordered by lease company July 21, I ordered it Oct 21)… so things are moving !!
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

jam74 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:14 pm So I’ve had an update today … the lease company have said my Tour is finally fully built and is at the ‘Port of Exit’ due at the dealers on 6th June (batch pre ordered by lease company July 21, I ordered it Oct 21)… so things are moving !!
That’s the first tour I’ve heard delivered for a long while! 👏👏